ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

RINGLEADER 04-13-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10561345)
Yes, it was empty at the time she picked it up and handed it back. Joffrey then wanted it filled.

But he filled it from a large flask on the table -- if the poison was in the goblet prior to the wine then it would explain why everyone else drinking from that wasnt keeling over. Also, there's a reason Sansa asks Tyrion to leave early and I think it's because she knew what was about to happen.

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10561373)
Something else occurred to me tonight as Bran saw visions while touching the tree. As a warg, might he someday be able to "control" one of the dragons?

That's what I've assumed his story was leading to since the beginning.

Buck 04-13-2014 11:01 PM

So I downloaded the episode to rewatch it instead of using HBO Go again, and I just caught something very interesting.

At 29:18, during the wedding, the Pastor says, "Cursed be he who seeks to tear them asunder." He is referring to Joffrey and the Queen. The camera pulls focus and this is what you see.

VERY INTERESTING

http://i.imgur.com/xT1nHvw.png

Edit: I rewatched, Pycelle wasn't talking in Oberin's ear, but I think there is significance to he and Olenna stand out during when this line is said.

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 10561410)
But he filled it from a large flask on the table -- if the poison was in the goblet prior to the wine then it would explain why everyone else drinking from that wasnt keeling over. Also, there's a reason Sansa asks Tyrion to leave early and I think it's because she knew what was about to happen.

Could be. I'd love that.

KC_Connection 04-13-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10561420)
So I downloaded the episode to rewatch it instead of using HBO Go again, and I just caught something very interesting.

At 28:19, during the wedding, the Pastor says, "Cursed be he who seeks to tear them asunder." He is referring to Joffrey and the Queen. The camera pulls focus and this is what you see. Pycelle is talking into the ear of Oberlin. When you see that clip in motion, you can 100% tell he is whispering into his ear, and Oberlin is reacting.

VERY INTERESTING

http://i.imgur.com/xT1nHvw.png

An odd pair to be discussing anything.

Buck 04-13-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10561424)
An odd pair to be discussing anything.

I retracted that part.

Buck 04-13-2014 11:28 PM

After rewatching, my #1 culprit is Cersei and my #2 is Olenna.

Cersei tells Pycell that the food will be fed to the dogs, and he says, "but the queen said feed it to the people." She replies with, "The queen is telling you to feed it to the dogs."

When Tyrion pours the wine for Joffrey, the camera is on Cersei's face and she has a guilty look.

I also noticed that Joffrey was the only one to eat the pie, so it might have been in the pie, not the goblet.

Raiderhater58 04-13-2014 11:47 PM

I'd say the poison was definitely in the pie

KevB 04-14-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10561383)
Close but no cigar. :)

Book readers just can't help themselves, can they? It was a rhetorical question, not looking for the answer.

KevB 04-14-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhater58 (Post 10561455)
I'd say the poison was definitely in the pie

No doubt in my mind, and what was with the quick close up of the pie after Joffrey had cut it with his sword. I've watched it twice and still don't see why the close up was necessary. Also, was clear that Margery fed the pie to Joffrey while not eating any herself.

keg in kc 04-14-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10561467)
No doubt in my mind, and what was with the quick close up of the pie after Joffrey had cut it with his sword. I've watched it twice and still don't see why the close up was necessary. Also, was clear that Margery fed the pie to Joffrey while not eating any herself.

I thought the focus was on the doves he'd killed when he sliced the pie open with Widow's Wail.

KevB 04-14-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10561471)
I thought the focus was on the doves he'd killed when he sliced the pie open with Widow's Wail.

That's probably it, I just missed it.

RINGLEADER 04-14-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10561467)

Yes I did notice that as well -- and you are a correct that it was a completely unnecessary shot given what was subsequently shown. I thought it was showing bird shit in the pie or something and that would be Joffrey's latest demeaning of Tyrion or Sansa but no. It was a weird shot I give you that.

I say Cersei (my first gut guess) or Sansa (the one who I would love for it to be)...

RINGLEADER 04-14-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10561471)

Maybe.

Chazno 04-14-2014 07:14 AM

I thought the shot of the pie was to show dead doves that had eaten the pie....