ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

suds79 06-18-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8683718)
Oh Snap, my level 18 hardcore monk was slain today. I joined my level 23 friend and tried to skip ahead a bit and was rolling along find and bam! a bunch of things rose up from the ground and there was a pause and bam! dead instantly.

I notice a LOT more lag spikes in hardcore. Why on earth did hardcore get the shaft on the servers? Is it just me? maybe Im ****ing high but damn, I swear it lags more.

I'd be lying if I said I've never experienced that with my HC chars. Unfortunately I have (but never on lag. that's horrible). Had college buddies in town last weekend. Had my lvl 20 barb. Wanted to show them the Belial fight. That didn't go so well. (is it just me or is that the hardest of all the boss fights?)

After that started a new barb, focused on stacking vitality and man it has made all the difference in the world. So much easier now. Just beat Diablo with him last night.

Onto Nightmare with my WD (lvl 34) & Barb (lvl 30). Now.

Sofa King 06-18-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8685856)
I'd be lying if I said I've never experienced that with my HC chars. Unfortunately I have (but never on lag. that's horrible). Had college buddies in town last weekend. Had my lvl 20 barb. Wanted to him them the Belial fight. That didn't go so well. (is it just me or is that the hardest of all the boss fights?)

After that started a new barb, focused on stacking vitality and man it has made all the difference in the world. So much easier now. Just beat Diablo with him last night.

Onto Nightmare with my WD (lvl 34) & Barb (lvl 30). Now.

http://www.moneyandshit.com/wp-conte...011/04/wat.jpg

Sofa King 06-18-2012 09:07 AM

Well, i see they're nerfing IAS in the next patch, which pretty much negates my current build.

I'll definitely be listing all my gear on the rmah over noon hour. Anyone sold anything on the rmah? How do i get the money off of it?

I've never actually sold anything in a rmah in a game yet.

suds79 06-18-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8685949)
Well, i see they're nerfing IAS in the next patch, which pretty much negates my current build.

I'll definitely be listing all my gear on the rmah over noon hour. Anyone sold anything on the rmah? How do i get the money off of it?

I haven't done it. Might be interested someday when it when RMAH rolls out to HC. I believe its not there yet.

Anyways, I know you have to add a paypal account to your battle.net account's payment options.

From there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dHP0gHOPblU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant 06-18-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8685949)

From my understanding, unless you geta paypal creditcard you cannot. If/when you get one they will hit you with a good size fee.

Basically, that money sits in an account, 250max to which you can buy other rmah items, gametime for wow or blizzard items. For money back they forced paypal upon you, hit you with a fee, and after a certain amount hit you with a w2. This is just what I have read though.

You want to make some real money? Find a programmer and create a website to do this 3rd party. Will need to be a broker type situation and will have to start and work off integrity of not tipping off clients.

Sofa King 06-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8686175)
From my understanding, unless you geta paypal creditcard you cannot. If/when you get one they will hit you with a good size fee.

Basically, that money sits in an account, 250max to which you can buy other rmah items, gametime for wow or blizzard items. For money back they forced paypal upon you, hit you with a fee, and after a certain amount hit you with a w2. This is just what I have read though.

You want to make some real money? Find a programmer and create a website to do this 3rd party. Will need to be a broker type situation and will have to start and work off integrity of not tipping off clients.

I'm not going to be making enough off my gear to warrant a w2. I'm just considering selling my gear for what i can and moving on.

Imon Yourside 06-18-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8686315)
I'm not going to be making enough off my gear to warrant a w2. I'm just considering selling my gear for what i can and moving on.

You quitting this awesomesauce game?

Mr. Laz 06-18-2012 03:24 PM

it comes down to the reality that Diablo 3 just isn't fun

plenty of challenge but working on those challenges just isn't fun

when the fights get tough it's a lesson in frustration more than anything

even the way the cooldown time when you die increases for no good reason other than to piss you off. It's bullshit.

all the walls,immobilize,motar attacks

either your gear is good enough or you're shredded and the game just isn't fun enough to grind for better gear.

:shrug:

what a waste :(

only reason i'm still playing at all is because i'm stubborn

Gravedigger 06-18-2012 08:12 PM

Yeah I sold up to $50.00 on the RMAH just to realize that I set it up under my battle.net balance instead of Paypal, and you cannot get the money off of your battle.net balance unless you sell out of it. I plan on getting my $50.00 off of it, minus the %15, and then seeing how the game improves after the patch. I can tell you people won't be seeing these kinds of prices when anyone can get that gear. I think it'll make the game better but for people wanting to sell for alot I think the prices will stabilize once the market is flooded with four of the same type of weapon or ring. People will undercut, populace will expect lower prices, if it doesn't then great I can actually make money off this game.

The other thing that really has ticked me off is that I've upgraded gear ALOT and I still cant kill elite and rare packs by myself in Act 3. Maybe 1 every 4th pack, but theres always some bullshit that makes it to where now I just teleport past the mobs and just skip as much as I can and get to the boss. Ghom was an easy kite fest once I got to him, and I plan on skipping as much as I need to to get to Act 4 as well because honestly whats the point? All the gear I have came from the AH, the drops that are dropping are jokes compared to what I have, and I'm still struggling. When the game is nerfed it'll be more fun but right now waiting until that day is just annoying and makes the game less and less playable.

Imon Yourside 06-18-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8687282)
Yeah I sold up to $50.00 on the RMAH just to realize that I set it up under my battle.net balance instead of Paypal, and you cannot get the money off of your battle.net balance unless you sell out of it. I plan on getting my $50.00 off of it, minus the %15, and then seeing how the game improves after the patch. I can tell you people won't be seeing these kinds of prices when anyone can get that gear. I think it'll make the game better but for people wanting to sell for alot I think the prices will stabilize once the market is flooded with four of the same type of weapon or ring. People will undercut, populace will expect lower prices, if it doesn't then great I can actually make money off this game.

The other thing that really has ticked me off is that I've upgraded gear ALOT and I still cant kill elite and rare packs by myself in Act 3. Maybe 1 every 4th pack, but theres always some bullshit that makes it to where now I just teleport past the mobs and just skip as much as I can and get to the boss. Ghom was an easy kite fest once I got to him, and I plan on skipping as much as I need to to get to Act 4 as well because honestly whats the point? All the gear I have came from the AH, the drops that are dropping are jokes compared to what I have, and I'm still struggling. When the game is nerfed it'll be more fun but right now waiting until that day is just annoying and makes the game less and less playable.

I could give a crap about whether people are making money, I want a game that is fun to play.

Imon Yourside 06-19-2012 07:31 AM

The joyous wonders of 10 hour maintenance, Blizzard you really send me!

Saulbadguy 06-19-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8686565)
it comes down to the reality that Diablo 3 just isn't fun

plenty of challenge but working on those challenges just isn't fun

when the fights get tough it's a lesson in frustration more than anything

even the way the cooldown time when you die increases for no good reason other than to piss you off. It's bullshit.

all the walls,immobilize,motar attacks

either your gear is good enough or you're shredded and the game just isn't fun enough to grind for better gear.

:shrug:

what a waste :(

only reason i'm still playing at all is because i'm stubborn

Good, stop posting in this thread then.

hometeam 06-19-2012 08:26 AM

Im off on tuesdays, maintainence till 1 :/ Guess im going to go to work for a while. Christ.

Imon Yourside 06-19-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8687896)
Im off on tuesdays, maintainence till 1 :/ Guess im going to go to work for a while. Christ.

That's 3 o clock to us.

Sofa King 06-19-2012 09:58 AM

God damnit. I got busy yesterday and forgot to put my shit up for sale. Now the goddamn patch came out and all my gear that was focused around IAS is probably worthless.

son of a bitch.