ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300780)

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 12321097)
I would have rather the Chiefs had gone this route, PR hit be dammed.

The fact is Berry was overpaid as a safety from his rookie deal, and that served to inflate his contract expectations above positional/market value.

Well, to be honest, Clark Hunt's statement about Berry kind of ****ed them.

It's pretty difficult to trade or release a guy weeks after the CEO says that he's a valuable part of the team and its future.

Skyy God 07-18-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12321102)
Well, to be honest, Clark Hunt's statement about Berry kind of ****ed them.

It's pretty difficult to trade or release a guy weeks after the CEO says that he's a valuable part of the team and its future.

I'm not surprised.

Clark seems like he inherited more money than negotiating acumen or intellectual firepower.

mcaj22 07-18-2016 11:35 AM

even when the offseason comes and they cut a bunch of guys to make space (Colquit, Charles, Mauga, etc). I still wouldn't use that space to pay Berry.

Mr. Laz 07-18-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12321059)
It appears as if there was a failure of communication by one or both parties.

Had the Chiefs known that Berry wanted $35 million guaranteed, I would *think* that they would have kept Tyvon Branch at $5 million per and either traded Berry or allowed him to become a free agent, as well as drafting a replacement.

Something isn't adding up, unless it was a gigantic PR move on the Chiefs side. "Hey, we tried".

I was saying basically this same shit 6 months ago and got nothing but a bunch whiny bitches coming at me.

They ensured me that Berry WOULD NEVER asks for such big money ... that Berry would almost assuredly take a paycut given his large rookie contract.

blah,blah,blah

Tyvon Branch sucks, keep Berry

where are all you fugtards now who started all the shit?

Same crap each time something comes up, people scream and yell talking about how they are right and everyone else is an idiot. Then 6-12 months they vanish like the wind pretend they didn't say shit.

This place has more mouthy assholes than a ****ing political convention.

Red Dawg 07-18-2016 05:23 PM

Hey! Watch it bud! How can anyone not be surprised that he would act like N asshole and not negotiate. Sound like he said 12 mil of **** you Dorsey. He scoffed at 10 mil per year after we paid his ass in 14 for nothing. What a waste of money that was. We helped him and ****ed us.

Mr. Laz 07-18-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12321811)
Hey! Watch it bud! How can anyone not be surprised that he would act like N asshole and not negotiate. Sound like he said 12 mil of **** you Dorsey. He scoffed at 10 mil per year after we paid his ass in 14 for nothing. What a waste of money that was. We helped him and ****ed us.

Why would anyone think he would take a paycut?

Players rarely take paycuts with their existing team. They try the market and take less money someplace new if they have to. Just they way it works.

Last year we were arguing about this same shit and i said then that Berry wouldn't take the paycut and that a SS isn't worth 10+ m per and everyone freaked out.

I don't give a single shit whether the Chiefs label him at FS, he still plays like a SS. Berry has one more year to become Ed Reed or we let him walk. That stupid Pos Crennel should never work in the league again for putting a safety drafted in the top 5 at SS. Stupid ****er.

ThaVirus 07-18-2016 05:58 PM

He's got one year to become the best ball-hawk of all time. Got it.

ThaVirus 07-18-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12321811)

You are way too emotionally invested in this stuff.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-18-2016 05:59 PM

Laz has hit the bottle again it seems

Pasta Little Brioni 07-18-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12321868)

It's wrasslin in pads.

RunKC 07-18-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12318896)
Looks like Dorsey is agreeing with what Dane said. The Chiefs felt Berry wasn't worth the $12 million price point.

Can see why Dorsey would think this. 48th in INT's last year, 10 overall in his career.
Passing league and Berry's position as a box safety is just not valuable like it used to be.

Still think this would have a big affect on the locker room though. Don't blame Dorsey for thinking this.

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12321868)

LMAO

Stryker 07-19-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12321826)
Why would anyone think he would take a paycut?

Players rarely take paycuts with their existing team. They try the market and take less money someplace new if they have to. Just they way it works.

Last year we were arguing about this same shit and i said then that Berry wouldn't take the paycut and that a SS isn't worth 10+ m per and everyone freaked out.

I don't give a single shit whether the Chiefs label him at FS, he still plays like a SS. Berry has one more year to become Ed Reed or we let him walk. That stupid Pos Crennel should never work in the league again for putting a safety drafted in the top 5 at SS. Stupid ****er.

Outstanding!! I love this statement and it is sooooo true :clap: No, he does not have to become a ballhawk, but for the amount of money he wants...he better damn well be.

Marcellus 07-19-2016 06:58 PM

I will take a healthy Berry on a contract year looking to prove something and wreck shit this season.

Lets see what you got.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12323790)
I will take a healthy Berry on a contract year looking to prove something and wreck shit this season.

Lets see what you got.

Yeah, the Chiefs should just start giving out $10.8 million dollar Franchise contracts for guys to "Prove it".

If you're not reeruned, I'd like to see some proof.

Meatloaf 07-19-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324005)
Yeah, the Chiefs should just start giving out $10.8 million dollar Franchise contracts for guys to "Prove it".

Dane, I'm thinking what he was getting at was that although Berry is good, hopefully a contract year will stimulate him into being GREAT. I'm skeptical just because I don't think he's a great coverage guy, but I guess he could surprise.....but probably not.

Marcellus 07-19-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324005)

:rolleyes:

What is your solution to this? Drop the tag and let him walk?

Are you implying players on contract years dont show some extra motivation much of the time?

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12324069)
:rolleyes:

What is your solution to this? Drop the tag and let him walk?

Are you implying players on contract years dont show some extra motivation much of the time?

Rescind the tag, take the $10.8 and roll it over into to 2017.

FWIW, I have to give props to DJ for posting the solution first,

RunKC 07-19-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324084)
Rescind the tag, take the $10.8 and roll it over into to 2017.

FWIW, I have to give props to DJ for posting the solution first,

And have Parker, a rookie, Fleming, Brown and Sorenson?

That is scary.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12324168)
And have Parker, a rookie, Fleming, Brown and Sorenson?

That is scary.

It was also "scary" in 2014 with Parker and less talented scrubs, yet they did fine.

O.city 07-19-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324175)
It was also "scary" in 2014 with Parker and less talented scrubs, yet they did fine.

2-3 finish and missed the playoffs?

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12324215)
2-3 finish and missed the playoffs?

:facepalm:

Are you blaming the defense?

O.city 07-19-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324220)

Are you blaming the defense?

Are you saying they wouldn't be better with berry?

O.city 07-19-2016 09:49 PM

Iirc, the defense did have 1 pants shitting against the broncos but that was a team effort all around.

The "not giving up a 300 yard passer" moniker was great but a little misleading. They had a near all time sack artist going off and they played alot of soft zone, bend don't break defense that didn't create alot of turnovers.

That can work but I like the aggressive style more

RunKC 07-19-2016 09:55 PM

The Chiefs got massive amounts of pressure on the QB in the 2 wins without Berry in 2014. At least 4 sacks in both wins.

I wouldn't consider the Chiefs performance without Berry as them being "fine".

The defense could struggle with With all 3 OLB's having ?'s this year.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12324224)
Are you saying they wouldn't be better with berry?

Better is relative.

I don't think the assignment that he's been given in this particular defense is very challenging.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12324246)
The Chiefs got massive amounts of pressure on the QB in the 2 wins without Berry in 2014. At least 4 sacks in both wins.

I wouldn't consider the Chiefs performance without Berry as them being "fine".

The defense could struggle with With all 3 OLB's having ?'s this year.

A better performance by the offense in San Fran or AZ results in a playoff berth.

LoneWolf 07-19-2016 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324254)
Better is relative.

I don't think the assignment that he's been given in this particular defense is very challenging.

Which assignment would that be?

Playing in the box like an extra linebacker, rushing the passer on safety blitzes, covering the tight end man to man, playing deep center as a free safety, or covering slot receivers man to man?

Berry is the most versatile safety in the NFL. Is he worth 12 million per season? Probably not, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he makes the defense better and able to do more things when he is on the field.

BlackOp 07-19-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324255)
A better performance by the offense in San Fran or AZ results in a playoff berth.

KC got two terrible calls...one in both games. The first was spotting Kap a first down on their only TD drive of the game. It was ridiculous...the second was calling offensive PI..away from the play, 5 seconds after the TD.

I didn't mention the Kelce "fumble".

planetdoc 07-19-2016 10:19 PM

chiefs will have 19 defensive backs competing for 10 spots. the competition will be fierce.

the chiefs have played well without berry in the past, with even less talent then they have now. next man up.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12324263)
Which assignment would that be?

Playing in the box like an extra linebacker, rushing the passer on safety blitzes, covering the tight end man to man, playing deep center as a free safety, or covering slot receivers man to man?

Berry is the most versatile safety in the NFL. Is he worth 12 million per season? Probably not, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he makes the defense better and able to do more things when he is on the field.

Good ****ing God.

Do you remember 2014?

You *might* want to review, Stud.

RunKC 07-19-2016 10:39 PM

Sorenson was pretty good as a box run stuffer and blitzer, but that's about it. Without Berry you have 1 proven coverage safety on the team. The rest are all ?'s.

That's probably why Berry was tagged. Dorsey didn't expect Abdullah to retire this spring.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12324337)
Sorenson was pretty good as a box run stuffer and blitzer, but that's about it. Without Berry you have 1 proven coverage safety on the team. The rest are all ?'s.

That's probably why Berry was tagged. Dorsey didn't expect Abdullah to retire this spring.

There were "questions" in 2014. Flowers had just been cut.

Smith was considered by most as the #3 CB.

What happened?

planetdoc 07-19-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12324337)
Without Berry you have 1 proven coverage safety on the team. The rest are all ?'s.

I think Stevie Brown will suprise some folks if he is healthy
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick jacobs

Brown did have 8 int and 11 passes defensed in 2012. If he used the 2015 season to get his "juice" back :D than he could make a push for playing time. He is a high reward, low risk pickup.

I also applaud the team for trying to convert cooper and flemming. That conversion worked for Ron Parker. Chiefs db coaches are outstanding, so it is easy to have faith that they'll find some players out of the 19 dbs.

Rausch 07-20-2016 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 12324352)

I also applaud the team for trying to convert cooper and flemming. That conversion worked for Ron Parker. Chiefs db coaches are outstanding, so it is easy to have faith that they'll find some players out of the 19 dbs.

Cooper has the size, speed, and talent.

He went "full-Bartee" when he got his chance at CB.

The ability is there. Perhaps, like Parker, seeing the game in front of him will make a difference...

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-20-2016 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 12324295)
chiefs will have 19 defensive backs competing for 10 spots. the competition will be fierce.

the chiefs have played well without berry in the past, with even less talent then they have now. next man up.

Umm, Berry will be playing this year. And chances are he may still end up with a contract later. But as I've stated before, we can live without him.

RunKC 07-20-2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324341)
There were "questions" in 2014. Flowers had just been cut.

Smith was considered by most as the #3 CB.

What happened?

We missed the playoffs?

Letting Berry go this year would have been dumb. There's been a retooling process this year from Abdullah, Branch and Smith leaving as well as Houston's unknown status.

Losing all those guys + Berry at once is just too much for one year IMO. That's 3 of your 4 top safeties and 1/2 starting CB's on the 2015 depth chart that would have been gone in a single offseason.

Bwana 07-20-2016 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12324418)
Cooper has the size, speed, and talent.

He went "full-Bartee" when he got his chance at CB.

The ability is there. Perhaps, like Parker, seeing the game in front of him will make a difference...

Yeah I agree, Cooper is a disappointment. He came out of the gate strong, but ended up getting abused on a regular basis. Not only was get getting burned by WR's, but he was getting a boat load of PI calls on him. I don't expect much from him at this point, but there is still a small chance he "gets it."

O.city 07-20-2016 07:27 AM

Berry missed 5 games in 2014. I don't think that's much of a sample size.

LoneWolf 07-20-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324301)
Good ****ing God.

Do you remember 2014?

You *might* want to review, Stud.

Yep, I remember 2014 very well. The Chiefs went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. 5 of those seven losses were games played without Eric Berry.

ChiefAshhole1056 07-20-2016 09:25 AM

I do think people are severely understating the role Berry plays in the locker room. I would say he is currently a top 10 "leader" in the league right now, or at least guy that you would absolutely want on your team.

With not only everything he's been through, but also the quality of player he is and the respect he has from other players, that absolutely is a value-added trait that is not easy to equate to quantifiable salary numbers. I think him being on our team this year is essential to reaching our peak, and if he treats this as his true contract year, we may actually see what a $12 million safety looks like. I bet he's approaching this as such and will make sure he gets his money.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12324564)
Yep, I remember 2014 very well. The Chiefs went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. 5 of those seven losses were games played without Eric Berry.

And his missed tackle in the Raiders game led directly to a loss.

In the other games, the offense was nothing less than atrocious, especially against the Titans, Cardinals and the 49ers. Kelce's fumbling, Dwayne Bowe's laziness and an unhealthy Charles were the reasons why the Chiefs missed the playoffs.

DJ's left nut 07-20-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324640)

In the other games, the offense was nothing less than atrocious, especially against the Titans, Cardinals and the 49ers. Kelce's fumbling, Dwayne Bowe's laziness and an unhealthy Charles were the reasons why the Chiefs missed the playoffs.

DJ's lost was the biggest of the season, IMO.

And I didn't fully realize that until his return last year. What he's able to do in the run game is incredible. His ability to diagnose plays and blow them up before they start is without peer.

The athleticism is waning so his coverage skills will continue to decline. I also worry that he doesn't have 16+ games at a high level in him anymore. So I hope this influx of MLB talent we've brought in of late is to give him a breather as much as find a replacement.

But in bursts, he's still as good as anybody in the game. We missed the playoffs because we lost Derrick Johnson.

ThaVirus 07-20-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324640)

LOL He literally had an apple-sized mass in his chest that game. Got pulled out for having chest pains, IIRC.

O.city 07-20-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12324663)

And I didn't fully realize that until his return last year. What he's able to do in the run game is incredible. His ability to diagnose plays and blow them up before they start is without peer.

The athleticism is waning so his coverage skills will continue to decline. I also worry that he doesn't have 16+ games at a high level in him anymore. So I hope this influx of MLB talent we've brought in of late is to give him a breather as much as find a replacement.

But in bursts, he's still as good as anybody in the game. We missed the playoffs because we lost Derrick Johnson.

I do think losing devito and berry hurt the run game alot. But here we are a gun with berry and stopping the run and not paying 12 mil for him to do that.

Honestly, the fact that Reid got that 14 squad to 9 and 7 is coach of the year worthy.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12324663)

Agreed.

Although the offense, especially the lack of depth, was a huge factor.

Since 2014, the depth that Dorsey has been able to provide has been astonishing. Just about everyone thought the season was over last year when Charles went down, yet West and Ware led the team to 11 straight wins.

The offensive line, which went from a major weakness in 2014, was suddenly average with lots of depth.

Dorsey's a pimp.

RunKC 07-20-2016 11:08 AM

Dane you're really gonna give Berry shit in a game he played with a cancerous mass in his chest?

Come on man.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2016 01:14 PM

More proof that the national media doesn't respect Poe like the local fans

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nf...ame-than-game/

NFL's Most Overrated Players

Kansas City Chiefs
Dontari Poe NT / Kansas City Chiefs

Coming off back surgery, he didn't play up to standards last season. He had just one sack in 15 games after combining to get 10.5 the previous two seasons.

This is a big year for Poe who is in a contract year.

staylor26 07-20-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12325005)
More proof that the national media doesn't respect Poe like the local fans

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nf...ame-than-game/

NFL's Most Overrated Players

Kansas City Chiefs
Dontari Poe NT / Kansas City Chiefs

Coming off back surgery, he didn't play up to standards last season. He had just one sack in 15 games after combining to get 10.5 the previous two seasons.

This is a big year for Poe who is in a contract year.

While I agree with your take on Poe and his market, he was really good towards the end of the season, and the writer is an idiot.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12325018)
While I agree with your take on Poe and his market, he was really good towards the end of the season, and the writer is an idiot.

I don't think Prisco is an "idiot". He calls them like he sees them and while I frequently disagree with him, he's one of the better NFL writers out there today.

I couldn't believe he picked the Texans over the Chiefs and let him know I thought it was silly. After the game, he replied and said "Yep, I'm an idiot. I don't know what I thinking. Bad pick".

So at least he's not a dick.

RunKC 07-20-2016 01:30 PM

I'd pay Poe if he shows he's the 2013/2014 version In 2016. Poe and Jones lined up in the A gap will be very tough for OL's.

O.city 07-20-2016 01:35 PM

I'd like to keep poe, for sure. Back issues scare me though

staylor26 07-20-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12325023)
I don't think Prisco is an "idiot". He calls them like he sees them and while I frequently disagree with him, he's one of the better NFL writers out there today.

I couldn't believe he picked the Texans over the Chiefs and let him know I thought it was silly. After the game, he replied and said "Yep, I'm an idiot. I don't know what I thinking. Bad pick".

So at least he's not a dick.

Didn't realize it was Prisco. I expect better from him.

DJ's left nut 07-20-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324687)
Agreed.

Although the offense, especially the lack of depth, was a huge factor.

Since 2014, the depth that Dorsey has been able to provide has been astonishing. Just about everyone thought the season was over last year when Charles went down, yet West and Ware led the team to 11 straight wins.

The offensive line, which went from a major weakness in 2014, was suddenly average with lots of depth.

Dorsey's a pimp.

Nah.

Discuss told me that the roster isn't any better than the one he inherited.

The number of people that are vested in being ****ing reeruned on this board is staggering. Dorsey's not an improvement over Pioli. Smith is just Cassel 2.0. Jeremy Maclin isn't better than Dwayne Bowe. The hits just keep ****ing comin' and all from the same 3-5 guys.

They're really smart.

O.city 07-20-2016 01:46 PM

Speaking of maclin, I saw he had 1 drop in 88 attempts last year.

Iirc, that 1 drop potentially cost us a win against chicago

Discuss Thrower 07-20-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12325063)
Nah.

Discuss told me that the roster isn't any better than the one he inherited.

The number of people that are vested in being ****ing reeruned on this board is staggering. Dorsey's not an improvement over Pioli. Smith is just Cassel 2.0. Jeremy Maclin isn't better than Dwayne Bowe. The hits just keep ****ing comin' and all from the same 3-5 guys.

They're really smart.

Hence why the strength of the team, the defense, is anchored by Poe, Houston, DJ, Berry, Bailey and Tamba (in no particular order).

You know.. guys that weren't drafted or signed in FA by Dorsey.

The biggest difference is that Reid, while not an elite HC, is infinitely better than Haley, Herm and Crennel. Dorsey is a better GM than Pioli and better than the post-Marty era Carl Peterson.

staylor26 07-20-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12325082)
Hence why the strength of the team, the defense, is anchored by Poe, Houston, DJ, Berry, Bailey and Tamba (in no particular order).

You know.. guys that weren't drafted or signed in FA by Dorsey.

The biggest difference is that Reid, while not an elite HC, is infinitely better than Haley, Herm and Crennel. Dorsey is a better GM than Pioli and better than the post-Marty era Carl Peterson.

Then how the **** did we manage to not get blown out against the Pats in NE without Maclin, Houston, Charles, and a hobbled Hali?

Houston, Charles, Poe, Hali, Berry, DJ, Bailey...They've all missed significant time since this regime has been here, yet we've still managed to have 3 consecutive winning seasons.

All of this with Alex Smith at QB. How the **** do you explain that?

DJ's left nut 07-20-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12325095)
Then how the **** did we manage to not get blown out against the Pats in NE without Maclin, Houston, Charles, and a hobbled Hali?

Houston, Charles, Poe, Hali, Berry, DJ....They've all missed significant time since this regime has been here, yet we've still managed to have 3 consecutive winning seasons.

All of this with Alex Smith at QB. How the **** do you explain that?

Well he cited Bailey as an anchor of the defense while also citing Hali and DJ who both pre-dated Pioli, so that gives you a little insight into things.

He's mostly just doubling down on stupid at this point.

staylor26 07-20-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12325100)
Well he cited Bailey as an anchor of the defense while also citing Hali and DJ who both pre-dated Pioli, so that gives you a little insight into things.

He's mostly just doubling down on stupid at this point.

Not to mention Maclin and Peters were the MVP's of the offense and defense last year.

RunKC 07-20-2016 02:16 PM

Houston, Charles, Bailey, Poe, Tamba, DJ and Berry were the best core group of players left to Dorsey and all have either missed significant time or had bad health problems affecting their play.

3 winning seasons in a row. No Houston or Charles last year? 11 straight wins.

DJ is definitely right here..

DJ's left nut 07-20-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12325112)
Houston, Charles, Bailey, Poe, Tamba, DJ and Berry were the best core group of players left to Dorsey and all have either missed significant time or had bad health problems affecting their play.

3 winning seasons in a row. No Houston or Charles last year? 11 straight wins.

DJ is definitely right here..

And with DJ and Hali throughout his tenure, Pioli's teams did jack shit. With the additions of Houston, Poe, Berry and [chuckle] Bailey, Pioli's teams still did jack shit.

It's just such a ridiculous argument. It requires that you simply have slept through the Pioli era, when everyone recognized that the problem with this team wasn't it's stars. We were going out there with 8 Pro Bowlers and losing 10 games. Everyone knew it was a complete lack of roster depth and an inability to assemble a complete team that was killing the team.

It requires that you ignore the fact that Dorsey learned under Wolf, the same Ron Wolf who's always preached about horizontal roster building and creating depth and competition everywhere.

There's simply no question that this team and this roster has gotten better every single season under Dorsey. Immensely better, in fact.

Dorsey's a very good GM. Top 5? Eh, maybe, maybe not; there's a lot of luck there. But if you simply lump them as 'good', 'solid' and 'bad', there's no question that Dorsey's in the top 1/3 there; he's a good GM.

staylor26 07-20-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12325120)
And with DJ and Hali throughout his tenure, Pioli's teams did jack shit. With the additions of Houston, Poe, Berry and [chuckle] Bailey, Pioli's teams still did jack shit.

It's just such a ridiculous argument. It requires that you simply have slept through the Pioli era, when everyone recognized that the problem with this team wasn't it's stars. We were going out there with 8 Pro Bowlers and losing 10 games. Everyone knew it was a complete lack of roster depth and an inability to assemble a complete team that was killing the team.

It requires that you ignore the fact that Dorsey learned under Wolf, the same Ron Wolf who's always preached about horizontal roster building and creating depth and competition everywhere.

There's simply no question that this team and this roster has gotten better every single season under Dorsey. Immensely better, in fact.

Dorsey's a very good GM. Top 5? Eh, maybe, maybe not; there's a lot of luck there. But if you simply lump them as 'good', 'solid' and 'bad', there's no question that Dorsey's in the top 1/3 there; he's a good GM.

Great point about Dorsey coming from the Wolf tree. The proof of the job he's done building this roster horizontally was in the preseason last year. We are clearly the deepest I've ever seen a Chiefs team. When was the last time our 2nd and 3rd string looked that good in the preseason?

RunKC 07-22-2016 01:52 PM

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ldp_fb#photo30

Interesting chart here

SAUTO 07-22-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12328598)

VERY interesting.

It's just a square

Baby Lee 07-22-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Doing a bit of house hunting?

LoneWolf 07-22-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Nice trailer in the backyard.

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Eric Berry may skip all of training camp, preseason

With the Chiefs not signing safety Eric Berry to a long-term deal before July 15, the franchise-tagged player remains without a contract. Under the terms of the tender, he can show up just a few days before the start of the regular season and still get the full amount of his $10.8 million salary.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Berry may do just that, skipping most if not all of training camp and the preseason, losing no money to fines but still getting the full $10.8 million salary.

The sole risk comes from the team’s ability to rescind the tag — something Chiefs coach Andy Reid did not once but twice during his time with the Eagles. Doing so would make Berry a free agent, and he would be hard pressed to get a deal on the open market that averages $10.8 million per year.

Under prior Collective Bargaining Agreements, the franchise tag for a given position was driven by the average of the five highest cap numbers in the prior year. Under the 2011 CBA, the tag is determined by the five-year average percentage of the overall cap that the franchise tag has consumed. With the growth of the cap outpacing in recent years the growth of the market at most positions, some franchise-tagged players — like Berry — instantly become the highest paid player at his position, albeit for only one year.

If the Chiefs would remove the tender, would another team pay Berry $10.8 million for 2016, or a multi-year deal averaging that much? Probably not.

It would be an unpopular move, to be sure. Berry has become a national inspiration given his recovery from cancer and his performance last season. But with Berry due to make more than any other safety and with the prospect of Berry showing up not fully prepared for Week One while still making $10.8 million, the Chiefs have to at least consider doing what Reid previously did with linebacker Jeremiah Trotter and defensive tackle Corey Simon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...amp-preseason/

Hammock Parties 07-27-2016 10:28 PM

eric berry, justin houston and jamaal charles all in question to start the season

LMAO

great year ahead, boyos!

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12338850)
eric berry, justin houston and jamaal charles all in question to start the season

LMAO

great year ahead, boyos!

You'll be banned in no time...

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-27-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12338853)
You'll be banned in no time...

He mostly hangs out in DC trying to inflate Trump balloons through the urethra.

Baby Lee 07-27-2016 10:36 PM

What's the saying? You live long enough, the entire world will disappoint you.

mcaj22 07-27-2016 10:37 PM

pull the tag! come on Andy!

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-27-2016 10:53 PM

I don't blame Berry at all. He's trying to secure more financial security. If he signs the tag this year and another Stevie Johnson type detonates his knee it might be all over.

That's a hell of a risk to take when you could be looking at 25 million guaranteed.

PAChiefsGuy 07-28-2016 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12338884)
I don't blame Berry at all. He's trying to secure more financial security. If he signs the tag this year and another Stevie Johnson type detonates his knee it might be all over.

That's a hell of a risk to take when you could be looking at 25 million guaranteed.

"More financial security," any idea how much money Berry has made so far in his career? It's a lot... As long as he was smart with his money he should be set for life already. This isn't a guy making $50k a year trying to figure out how to make his mortgage and child support payments.

Hey if he wants to go to the highest bidder. That's fine. It's his choice but at the same time the Chiefs should only pay him what they think he is worth. Anything more and it is best to let him walk.

I admire him for beating cancer and will always be a fan of his but can't get too sentimental if the guy only cares about money.

Sandy Vagina 07-28-2016 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12338951)
"More financial security," any idea how much money Berry has made so far in his career? It's a lot... As long as he was smart with his money he should be set for life already. This isn't a guy making $50k a year trying to figure out how to make his mortgage and child support payments.

Hey if he wants to go to the highest bidder. That's fine. It's his choice but at the same time the Chiefs should only pay him what they think he is worth. Anything more and it is best to let him walk.

I admire him for beating cancer and will always be a fan of his but can't get too sentimental if the guy only cares about money.

All of THIS ^... well stated. :thumb:

Skyy God 07-28-2016 06:37 AM

Can we trade him for Branch and a 2d??

Red Dawg 07-28-2016 07:06 AM

I said it before and I'll say it again. Berry hosed us for greed. He got a massive rookie deal and now is just another greedy player that wants to be the highest paid safety. We paid him his full salary when he was sick and now he doesn't care about the love we have given him.

His price is crazy and he should have thrown a little love our way signed a fair offer.

TomBarndtsTwin 07-28-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12339006)
I said it before and I'll say it again. Berry hosed us for greed. He got a massive rookie deal and now is just another greedy player that wants to be the highest paid safety. We paid him his full salary when he was sick and now he doesn't care about the love we have given him.

His price is crazy and he should have thrown a little love our way signed a fair offer.

Agreed.

He has almost been the highest paid safety in the league from the time he was a freaking rookie!

If he's not willing to do a team-friendly deal, where he still gets his big money, then let him walk. He's not THAT much of an impact player on that defense anymore.

O.city 07-28-2016 09:20 AM

Funny to see fans want team friendly deals, yet have no problem when the team wants to **** over a player

DJ's left nut 07-28-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 12338829)

WooHooo!

Yank that ****ing tag.

Berry's doing what he has to do. Fine - do your thing, EB. Now it's time for the Chiefs to do what's best for their franchise and pull the tag.

Run Murray, Cooper, Brown and Fleming ragged; play their asses off in camp and in pre-season and if they show even the slightest ability to start, send Berry out into FA.