ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Royals Repository, Part 4 *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293619)

Bearcat 08-06-2015 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 11641370)
There's always Stubhub.

Yeah, I had a 10 pack last year and didn't have to do that until the World Series, but they were kind of insane on the secondary market.... just seems like a shitty way to treat fans.

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-06-2015 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11641289)
A big check buys a player a chance. An early benefit of the doubt.
But $11M isn't superstar pay anyway. I don't think Ned or Dayton is going to continue playing someone just because they are paying him more than someone else. At this point, Ned obviously thinks Rios gives him the best chance to win. It's kind of ridiculous to believe they are willing to lose games just because they are paying him a certain amount.

Agreed.

Sincerely,

Jeff Francoeur

KCUnited 08-06-2015 06:53 AM

The single season playoff ticket sales was a giant cluster last year. I bought season tickets this year before I knew I was moving (which I nearly backed out of because the Royals ticket interface is super frustrating) and came within a day of selling my package to my mortgage guy at face value. Luckily I didn't and have been selling the games on Stubhub, and including the Stubhub fees, I'm making my money back plus a little and retaining post season priority.

The tickets for bobblehead nights make up for the the week night games against Cleveland. They sell for nearly double. I imagine the same will be true for next year so the 10 game at a disount plus 2016 deposit w/ post season priority is a pretty good deal if you can float it.

Bearcat 08-06-2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11641377)
The single season playoff ticket sales was a giant cluster last year. I bought season tickets this year before I knew I was moving (which I nearly backed out of because the Royals ticket interface is super frustrating) and came within a day of selling my package to my mortgage guy at face value. Luckily I didn't and have been selling the games on Stubhub, and including the Stubhub fees, I'm making my money back plus a little and retaining post season priority.

The tickets for bobblehead nights make up for the the week night games against Cleveland. They sell for nearly double. I imagine the same will be true for next year so the 10 game at a disount plus 2016 deposit w/ post season priority is a pretty good deal if you can float it.

Yeah, I did it last year as a gift and it was awesome... and I bought 2 tickets for the 10 pack and was able to buy 4 postseason tickets for the WC, ALDS, and ALCS. I assume that's what they're doing this year, and with more season ticket holders, they're basically out of seats. I didn't do it this year, not really because of "expert" predictions, but just the fact that chances aren't great that you're going to match the excitement of last year, two years in a row.... and I figured the ~$5-600 that I saved would go to single postseason games... oops.

Do you know if your 10 pack has priority for the WS this year?

KCUnited 08-06-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11641382)
Yeah, I did it last year as a gift and it was awesome... and I bought 2 tickets for the 10 pack and was able to buy 4 postseason tickets for the WC, ALDS, and ALCS. I assume that's what they're doing this year, and with more season ticket holders, they're basically out of seats. I didn't do it this year, not really because of "expert" predictions, but just the fact that chances aren't great that you're going to match the excitement of last year, two years in a row.... and I figured the ~$5-600 that I saved would go to single postseason games... oops.

Do you know if your 10 pack has priority for the WS this year?

I'm not sure if the 10 pack has WS priority. Funny, the Royals ticket office is such a mess that a rep still sends me the 10 game promo emails despite already being a STH. All the 10 game promo emails I've received just state "post season" and don't specify WS. I think it would be pretty shitty not to include the WS in the 10 game deal, but I would also think they'd state WS in the deal if it was included simply to get more people to buy the package.

Honestly, I get the gist that the Royals make up a lot of this as they go, so who knows.

Bearcat 08-06-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11641396)
I'm not sure if the 10 pack has WS priority. Funny, the Royals ticket office is such a mess that a rep still sends me the 10 game promo emails despite already being a STH. All the 10 game promo emails I've received just state "post season" and don't specify WS. I think it would be pretty shitty not to include the WS in the 10 game deal, but I would also think they'd state WS in the deal if it was included simply to get more people to buy the package.

Honestly, I get the gist that the Royals make up a lot of this as they go, so who knows.

Yeah, last year no one knew if the WS was included until most of the way through the ALCS when they sent emails saying you could get on the waiting list with a deposit... I spent more on game 7 than the 10 pack and all other postseason tickets.

My guess is that it's not included... the link I posted says you can get WS priority with that 10 game stretch pack AND a $500 deposit for next year.

duncan_idaho 08-06-2015 07:27 AM

If Rios continues slumping, he definitely goes to the bench or is DFA when Gordon is healthy.

What he did last month was promising, but if he doesn't continue playing that way, he's going to lose his spot. And should.

That's the great thing about Zobrist. That flex he offers to the lineup and ability to plug the weakest of KC's two weak links is pretty awesome.

I'd love to see them get really aggressive and pair Zobrist with Dyson and Infante in a platoon, even after Gordon returns, but I'm not holding my breath on that one...

cosmo20002 08-06-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11641374)
Yeah, I had a 10 pack last year and didn't have to do that until the World Series, but they were kind of insane on the secondary market.... just seems like a shitty way to treat fans.

I hate to defend the team, but a huge change from last year is there are so many more "season ticket" holders this year that have dibs on playoff tickets. There's simply not as many available. I looked into one of the 10-game packs earlier this year. I wasn't really thinking about playoff priority at the time, I just wanted decent seats for regular season games. But all that were available were nosebleeds or baseline way out in the outfield, which I don't really like. Attendance is just huge this year.

cosmo20002 08-06-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 11641375)
Agreed.

Sincerely,

Jeff Francoeur

Didn't they get rid of him in the middle of the season?

cosmo20002 08-06-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11641396)

I think this is largely true. I don't have direct knowledge, but I do know a guy who knows a guy, and I'm told that playoff tix are largely controlled by the team but WS tix are mostly controlled by MLB. The teams really don't know what they are going to get. So many thousands of seats are held back for MLB sponsors, VIPs, and sales to employees and insiders it's almost amazing any are available to the public.

SPchief 08-06-2015 08:08 AM

Also different from last year. I can only get postseason strips for my 2 tickets instead of the 2 plus an additional 4. There's just waayyy more ST holders this year

Bearcat 08-06-2015 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 11641432)
Also different from last year. I can only get postseason strips for my 2 tickets instead of the 2 plus an additional 4. There's just waayyy more ST holders this year

Damn... well, nevermind then, guess I just missed my chance, didn't realize the 10 and 20 game packs were that popular this year.... but, I'll probably still make it to a game or two via stubhub.

kcfanXIII 08-06-2015 11:17 AM

Going to vent about this here. Just signed up for mlb.tv premium so I can watch the Royals on my phone when I'm away from my tv. What wasn't made clear to me is since I am inside KC's television market, all live broadcasts of the Royals are blacked out on the app. What a crock of shit. What the hell are you paying for then? I even looked through the fine print before purchasing and saw nothing to make me think EVERY Royals game would be blacked out. Just got off the phone with them, and I'm getting my money back, but what took them 5 minutes to charge my account is going to take 2-10 business days to refund. I'm livid about this. The only reason I keep my Uverse package where it is, is to watch the Royals. I was hoping to drop it with this app, but nope.

KChiefs1 08-06-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 11641773)
Going to vent about this here. Just signed up for mlb.tv premium so I can watch the Royals on my phone when I'm away from my tv. What wasn't made clear to me is since I am inside KC's television market, all live broadcasts of the Royals are blacked out on the app. What a crock of shit. What the hell are you paying for then? I even looked through the fine print before purchasing and saw nothing to make me think EVERY Royals game would be blacked out. Just got off the phone with them, and I'm getting my money back, but what took them 5 minutes to charge my account is going to take 2-10 business days to refund. I'm livid about this. The only reason I keep my Uverse package where it is, is to watch the Royals. I was hoping to drop it with this app, but nope.

I think you can change your location & get it but I'm not sure how to do it.

WhawhaWhat 08-06-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Going to vent about this here. Just signed up for mlb.tv premium so I can watch the Royals on my phone when I'm away from my tv. What wasn't made clear to me is since I am inside KC's television market, all live broadcasts of the Royals are blacked out on the app. What a crock of shit. What the hell are you paying for then?

Welcome to 2005.

kcfanXIII 08-06-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11641794)
Welcome to 2005.

Guess I missed the memo. And they wonder why piracy is so prevalent... There are no legal options for me to watch the Royals online. I'd gladly pay for it, but I guess I'll go back to strikeout.co

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-06-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11641423)
Didn't they get rid of him in the middle of the season?

They gave him 1.5 seasons of suckage before they finally did anything.

The year before he was a -2.7 WAR player. But he was kept around because of his salary.

Bob Dole 08-06-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 11641785)
I think you can change your location & get it but I'm not sure how to do it.

Tell them you have a lake house somewhere out of market.

cosmo20002 08-06-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 11641925)
They gave him 1.5 seasons of suckage before they finally did anything.

The year before he was a -2.7 WAR player. But he was kept around because of his salary.

:facepalm:
So you really believe that a manager and GM, who presumably want to win games, take a look at the roster, recognize that a lower-paid player is better, but instead make a conscious choice to play a player--who they believe to be worse and hurts the team--just because he is being paid more?

Anyong Bluth 08-06-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

You can solve this in about 2 minutes.

Download the app Fake GPS. Move your location out of the home market for either team playing you want to watch and set it. Open the MLB app and watch...

It's that easy.

okcchief 08-06-2015 05:51 PM

Butera has 1 less HR than Rios. That's all you really need to know. Pull a random minor leaguer and they will at least do what he's doing. Yeah, unless he becomes a changed man overnight there isn't a god damn reason he should play a game after Gordon comes back. Even if you play Zobrist at second there are better right field options.

I really hope Ventura gets it together, but that's not looking promising either. Hopefully, Duffy can do what Ventura did last year and we'll be good. Seems like it might be time to start stretching Medlen out

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-07-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11642884)
So you really believe that a manager and GM, who presumably want to win games, take a look at the roster, recognize that a lower-paid player is better, but instead make a conscious choice to play a player--who they believe to be worse and hurts the team--just because he is being paid more?

lol.... you are clueless....

cosmo20002 08-07-2015 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 11643659)
lol.... you are clueless....

Gee...well...I know Dyson is better than Rios...and Dyson would be better to help us win...but gee...we're paying Rios more...so...I'll play him and if we lose...well...there was no choice...because higher salary

tomahawk kid 08-07-2015 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11640439)
Andy Mcollough seems to think Gordon won't be back next season on 610. Also said Infante likely to stick at 2b due to def chemistry and Zobrist goes to rf when Gordon comes back. Rios dfad or bench.

:(

Bob Dole 08-07-2015 07:07 AM

If Ned trots Madson out in the next week, Bob Dole is going to find him and punch him in the throat.

tomahawk kid 08-07-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11643749)
If Ned trots Madson out in the next week, Bob Dole is going to find him and punch him in the throat.

I may need bail money.......

Unfortunately - I have a feeling Nedly will trot him out AT LEAST one more time.

bdj23 08-07-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11642884)

You guys are 19 games over .500 and the BEST team in the American league!!! What are you guys complaining about!?! You should be happy to be here!!!

Three7s 08-07-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 11643802)
You guys are 19 games over .500 and the BEST team in the American league!!! What are you guys complaining about!?! You should be happy to be here!!!

It's not CP if you aren't complaining about something.

KCCHIEFS27 08-07-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 11643800)
I may need bail money.......

Unfortunately - I have a feeling Nedly will trot him out AT LEAST one three more times.

FYP

A Salt Weapon 08-07-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 11643802)

We're not content with mediocrity anymore, winners win, I don't want to see us lose another game until next season.

bdj23 08-07-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCCHIEFS27 (Post 11643846)
FYP

Ned is too loyal!!!!

bdj23 08-07-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 11643850)
We're not content with mediocrity anymore, winners win, I don't want to see us lose another game until next season.

It's one of 162! Do you honestly think you can manage the team better than Ned?

19 games over .500 and you're not happy! I guess you can never please the fans of the best team in the American league....

A Salt Weapon 08-07-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 11643927)

19 games over .500 and you're not happy! I guess you can never please the fans of the best team in the American league....

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm loving where we are at. And quite pleased with Ned as well.
Nothing wrong with not liking losing. We're where we're at because our players realized winning is more fun than mediocrity.

ChiefsCountry 08-07-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

I know you are trying to troll Hootie, but he is saying the exactly same thing to the tard Royals fans.

Prison Bitch 08-07-2015 09:31 AM

Not sure what Madsons deal is, would love to be a fly on the wall of Neds office because he's def talking to DM about it. Madson was lights out unhittable thru 100 games. Maybe his age and arm history are starting to shut him down

Hootie 08-07-2015 10:08 AM

Madson is the same guy ... he's still throwing 95 and he still has a nasty changeup. He has just been roughed up a few times in a row. I'm not ready to give up on the #4 guy on our bullpen depth chart because of a few rough outings.

BWillie 08-07-2015 10:10 AM

Jeff Francoeur has been better than Alex Rios this year.

Hootie 08-07-2015 10:11 AM

you guys are getting mad about his Toronto outing (the third one). He gave up one crushed double to Bautista, but struck out Donaldson and Encarnacion.

I mean, omg!

He gave up a HR to Ian Kinsler. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

Until I see a drop in velo, I am not worried. His changeup is better than any other pitch in our bullpen other than Wade's cutter, Holland's slider, and Herrera's fastball.

BWillie 08-07-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Tactically? Lots of people can manage better than Ned. The problem is the poindexters would not have the respect of the clubhouse, which unfortunately is a real thing.

With that said, using Madson the other day to close was not bad. Nothing wrong with it. Madson has been solid, just because he's had some bad outings recently doesn't make him bad or any less effective overall.

Hootie 08-07-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11644071)
Jeff Francoeur has been better than Alex Rios this year.

We get it. Rios and Infante are two of the worst regulars in all of baseball. 2/3 of a season is still a small sample size compared to entire careers.

I trust Ned, though. Come September/postseason, if both guys still aren't hitting, I expect Ned to platoon Dyson/Infante. Plain and simple. Ned started Dyson in the WS, he's not immune to making good decisions.

Great Expectations 08-07-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11644067)
Madson is the same guy ... he's still throwing 95 and he still has a nasty changeup. He has just been roughed up a few times in a row. I'm not ready to give up on the #4 guy on our bullpen depth chart because of a few rough outings.

Are you ready to replace him with Hoch as our #4?

Also, Morales has been very good lately everywhere but Toronto. He started a little shaky, but he has been good.

Hootie 08-07-2015 10:13 AM

Morales has been very good.

Really, at this point, behind HDH I don't really care if Ned puts in Hoch, Madson or Morales. I still prefer Madson because his changeup is THAT good. But I don't think it really matters. Do I think Morales should ever pitch against Josh Donaldson in a meaningful game? Hell ****ing no.

WilliamTheIrish 08-07-2015 10:23 AM

We just want to wear new swag so we can walk into and ask "What channel is the game on"?

siberian khatru 08-07-2015 10:37 AM

Interesting piece: One adjustment could turn Yordano Ventura into an ace

Quote:

To remedy the situation, Ventura would benefit from synchronizing the timing in his delivery (beginning with the start of leg lift) from the windup and stretch. Instead of having to master the muscle memory and timing of three different motions (slidestep, modified lift, and full lift from the windup), Ventura would benefit from consistency of timing in his delivery from stretch and windup. I believe he should abandon the slidestep completely and then use the same leg lift and timing in the stretch that he uses in the windup. Sure, this will make him slower to the plate, but if it means that he can reach the level of effectiveness that he has from the windup it will be well worth the few extra stolen bases. When hitters are slugging .570 against Ventura out of the stretch, this issue ought to be addressed first and prioritized over controlling the running game.

Sure-Oz 08-07-2015 10:42 AM

Rios hits soft everything. The guy is done. I expect him to be benched whwb Gordon comes back.

BWillie 08-07-2015 10:58 AM

Brett Eibner anyone? He's dramatically reduced his K rate, and he's in AAA hitting .307, .911 OPS, with 17 homers in 300 at bats. I mean, why not? Hard for him to be worse than Rios, and he would supposedly be a better defender.

Dartgod 08-07-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11644177)
Brett Eibner anyone? He's dramatically reduced his K rate, and he's in AAA hitting .307, .911 OPS, with 17 homers in 300 at bats. I mean, why not? Hard for him to be worse than Rios, and he would supposedly be a better defender.

I think it's been suggested before, but he is not on the 40 man roster.

Of course, they could make room for him.

siberian khatru 08-07-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11644181)

That's easily fixed. Move Vargas to the 60-day DL.

ChiTown 08-07-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11644181)

Of course, they could make room for him.

To make room for another OF'r, they would most likely have to DFA Rios. If he tanks over the next 2-3 weeks, it's a possibility.

KevB 08-07-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

It's been discussed, I brought it up a week or two ago. The problem is that he's not on the 40 man roster. You could dump Dusty Coleman from the 40 man and replace with Eibner, but you still also may need to find spots for Almonte, Zimmer or Bubba if you want them to get a taste in September.

KChiefs1 08-07-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

I'm all for it. I've always been a fan of his.

Reaper16 08-07-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 11644138)

I came in here to post the same article. Super interesting.

But I seem to remember a similar discussion happening with Luke Hochevar.

KChiefs1 08-07-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 11644138)

I still send him down to Omaha.

lewdog 08-07-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 11644635)
I still send him down to Omaha.

And replace him with?

KChiefs1 08-07-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11644657)
And replace him with?

Pino

KChiefs1 08-07-2015 05:05 PM

Miguel Almonte starts tonight for Omaha.

lewdog 08-07-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 11644677)
Pino

As in starting pino?

KChiefs1 08-07-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11644693)
As in starting pino?

For a couple of starts while Ventura gets it figured out.

KChiefs1 08-07-2015 05:16 PM

Donaldson with 30th HR tonight at Yankee Stadium. Should be an entertaining series.

C3HIEF3S 08-08-2015 01:15 AM

Meanwhile, in Detroit:
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/141789...exchange-words

ChiTown 08-08-2015 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11644657)
And replace him with?

Young. We need Yordano to resemble the Ace of last year - especially going into The Playoffs. I've heard enough opinions to think that a coupe of outings in Omaha to work on a few things would be REALLY good for him.

okcchief 08-08-2015 08:10 AM

We need to get Ventura back. I'll trust them on the best way to do that. Seems like he could learn a lot from Cueto since he's so good pitching with runners on.

Jerok 08-08-2015 09:13 AM

Unlocator for mlb premium royals games. 5 a month but it works

C3HIEF3S 08-08-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 11646068)
Unlocator for mlb premium royals games. 5 a month but it works

This is what I use, works for me and is very reliable.

Sure-Oz 08-08-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 11645926)

Saw that...dumpster fire

Prison Bitch 08-08-2015 09:47 AM

One of my fave parts of this strong start (and a garbage division) has been the end of the Ned bashing. Holy shit it was so tiresome the past 2 years.

BOOM! #Yosted might've been the gheyest thing ever posted on Facebook . And there's a lotta ghey stuff on that site.

Anyong Bluth 08-08-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11645937)
Young. We need Yordano to resemble the Ace of last year - especially going into The Playoffs. I've heard enough opinions to think that a coupe of outings in Omaha to work on a few things would be REALLY good for him.

I look at it this way.

1. Is it going to do him harm to go down? Certainly didn't hurt Duffy, and you're gonna be stretching it to come up with a reasonably plausible negative to hopefully sort things out.

2. Cost? Right now we have the luxury of a healthy lead. Of course there is overall record for seeding to account for. Except for the fact is you can't rely on him being a fairly likely win with any predictability.

Would you gamble the #1 seed in the AL if it meant you end up as the #2 and Ventura pitching a lot closer to how he did last fall?

I would.

Anyong Bluth 08-08-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11646123)
One of my fave parts of this strong start (and a garbage division) has been the end of the Ned bashing. Holy shit it was so tiresome the past 2 years.

BOOM! #Yosted might've been the gheyest thing ever posted on Facebook . And there's a lotta ghey stuff on that site.

Yosted is awesome.

It's just evolved in it's meaning.

You don't get to kill Yosted from the lexicon.

WilliamTheIrish 08-08-2015 10:44 AM

Facebook feed. lol

Prison Bitch 08-08-2015 10:45 AM

It's not a very valuable part of a "lexicon" when it goes dormant for an entire season.

Hootie 08-08-2015 11:05 AM

I see no reason, whatsoever, to send down Yordano. Let him work through his issues and be able to work under the tutelage of Cueto and Volquez.

Hootie 08-08-2015 11:08 AM

I watched Jose Fernandez give up about 6 hits in a row to Atlanta yesterday ... just one after another ...

Ventura had 1 big inning that was a 1/2 step away from being no harm / no foul (double play ball).

We're up 10 freaking games. People need to relax.

Prison Bitch 08-08-2015 11:12 AM

Let's look at Moose vs last year.

2014: 7.0% bb rate, 14.8% k rate, .149 ISO power, 20.2% LD rate, 31.7% hard hit rate, -1.8 runs baserunning
2015: 6.3% bb rate, 11.3% k rate, .134 ISO power,20.2% LD rate, 30.4% hard hit rate, -4.6 runs baserunning

His BABIP jumped from .220 to .292 and his pull rate is down from 50% to 36%. At this point we can conclude the main difference this year is he's a lot luckier, prob because he pulls it less into shifts. But it cut down his power.

Kidd Lex 08-08-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11646215)
It's not a very valuable part of a "lexicon" when it goes dormant for an entire season.

I still use it - it's become ironic

Hootie 08-08-2015 11:26 AM

no.

This year we can conclude he takes the ball to all fields (you ****ing moron)

as evidenced by him having more hits to left field, than right field

His BABIP has NOTHING to do with luck. He's been hitting the ball against the shift this year ...

You'd know this if you watched the games.

This is why BABIP doesn't tell the whole story. He has more hits to left field this year than he does to right field.

God damn.

Kidd Lex 08-08-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11646245)
I watched Jose Fernandez give up about 6 hits in a row to Atlanta yesterday ... just one after another ...

Ventura had 1 big inning that was a 1/2 step away from being no harm / no foul (double play ball).

We're up 10 freaking games. People need to relax.

Hootie you've been the voice of reason for 12 months, optimistic and usually right on the money about this team. Give me your non homerism prediction - how does this season end for our Royals given 5 months of data?

Hootie 08-08-2015 11:29 AM

you should have just said ... "wow, this shows you what happens when you don't stubbornly hit into the shift over, and over, and over, and over again. Your batting average goes up!"

Amazing, I know.

tk13 08-08-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11646254)
Let's look at Moose vs last year.

2014: 7.0% bb rate, 14.8% k rate, .149 ISO power, 20.2% LD rate, 31.7% hard hit rate, -1.8 runs baserunning
2015: 6.3% bb rate, 11.3% k rate, .134 ISO power,20.2% LD rate, 30.4% hard hit rate, -4.6 runs baserunning

His BABIP jumped from .220 to .292 and his pull rate is down from 50% to 36%. At this point we can conclude the main difference this year is he's a lot luckier, prob because he pulls it less into shifts. But it cut down his power.

I wouldn't call it luck. He made a concerted effort to hit the ball to all fields this year. That's not luck. Unless you believe all baseball players are just robots.

Hootie 08-08-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis (Post 11646281)
Hootie you've been the voice of reason for 12 months, optimistic and usually right on the money about this team. Give me your non homerism prediction - how does this season end for our Royals given 5 months of data?

It's truly impossible to guess. I think the Royals are as good as anyone. They're going to easily win the division and probably be the #1 seed. But once the postseason hits, you never know. The Royals could lose a 5 game series to the Rockies. It's baseball. The most you can hope for is to play October baseball and then just pray your team is hot.

RedDread 08-08-2015 12:38 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We accept <a href="https://twitter.com/tigers">@tigers</a> + <a href="https://twitter.com/chiefs">@chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ALSIceBucketChallenge?src=hash">#ALSIceBucketChallenge</a> and nominate <a href="https://twitter.com/Indians">@Indians</a> &amp; Terry Francona! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EveryAugustUntilACure?src=hash">#EveryAugustUntilACure</a>
<a href="https://t.co/rGTlL8zeKo">https://t.co/rGTlL8zeKo</a></p>&mdash; Royals (@Royals) <a href="https://twitter.com/Royals/status/630076021493006336">August 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>