ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games **** Official PS4 Discussion Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279025)

WhawhaWhat 11-08-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11092970)

These are price matched from Best Buy deals, meaning you can go to Best Buy and pick them up now instead of waiting for the mail.

ragedogg69 11-08-2014 05:19 PM

and pay tax

Dayze 11-09-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11092963)
google voice my friend, google voice

:hmmm:

TrickyNicky 11-09-2014 03:40 PM

I bought the new CoD and regret it. The exo is kind of cool but it just doesn't feel revolutionary in the way it was intended. Most maps just don't have enough vertical cover to make the added mobility THAT interesting. Hipfiring the frickin' laser beam is fun though.

Jerm 11-09-2014 04:12 PM

On the look out for a good Black Friday Vita deal...anyone finds one please pass it along.

Kidd Lex 11-09-2014 04:14 PM

Just picked up Destiny, LoU, and NBA2K for ps4 from target...

Btw enjoying CoD, probably because I took ghosts off so its been a while...

Mother****erJones 11-09-2014 04:15 PM

Evil Within is pretty good. I suggest it to anyone looking for a thrill. To some it may not be worth the $60. But I'm enjoying it

007 11-09-2014 05:00 PM

target online is already picked over. sheesh.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2014 09:32 PM

Target's PS4 Black Friday deals, per reddit...

Quote:

PS4 Bundle with GTA 5 & The Last of Us Digital Download $399.99

50% Infamous SS and MLB the Show 14

$25 for Evil Within, Shadows of Morodor, Call of Duty Ghosts

$35 for Watch Dogs and Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil

$15 Gift Card when you buy WWE 2k15

$39.99 PS4 Controller

"Plus many more"
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...heres_the_ps4/

ThaVirus 11-10-2014 10:05 PM

$25 for Shadow of Mordor?

Didn't that game just come out? And it's pretty nasty?

007 11-10-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11102396)
$25 for Shadow of Mordor?

Didn't that game just come out? And it's pretty nasty?

Man, I hope Amazon price matches that.

Quesadilla Joe 11-11-2014 01:07 AM

Best Buy's Black Friday deals...

http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?category=video+games

They also have Shadow of Mordor for 24.99

007 11-11-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11102667)
Best Buy's Black Friday deals...

http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?category=video+games

They also have Shadow of Mordor for 24.99

Amazon or Newegg have to match this. Of course I might just say **** it and go to target tomorrow and do the B2G1 deal. I absolutely do NOT do Black Friday in stores.

WhawhaWhat 11-11-2014 05:51 PM

So many great games coming out plus these BF deals are tempting as well. Probably going to finally get Infamous and also get the LOTR game. I have GTA5 and Dragon Age on reserve as well.

007 11-15-2014 07:12 AM

Has anyone picked up the Playstation TV? Was it worth it?

ragedogg69 11-15-2014 01:02 PM

I did not. The guy over at Kotaku would not shut up about his japanese PS TV, I dont quite get the point of it.

007 11-15-2014 07:09 PM

As much as I would like to have the ability to play from another location, it sounds like the lag and drop in video quality is pretty noticeable.

TrickyNicky 11-17-2014 02:38 PM

I was mostly interested in the PS TV taking the place of my PS1-PS3 library. While it has some classic games listed or tentative for it, it's not enough to sell it to me.

Mother****erJones 11-17-2014 07:44 PM

Anyone hear of Amazon buy two get one free in the next 48 hours?

rolltide2014 11-17-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11122196)
Anyone hear of Amazon buy two get one free in the next 48 hours?

I hadn't heard anything about that, but a quick google search returned this, so it may be a limited selection...

EDIT: Looking at that list maybe that was last year's??? Anyone know if they did this last year? Otherwise if that's it, it looks really underwhelming

http://i.imgur.com/2fI2Oy0.png

Mother****erJones 11-17-2014 07:51 PM

That's what I'm trying to find out. If it isn't GTA V and Far Cry 4 I don't really care

rolltide2014 11-17-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11122214)
That's what I'm trying to find out. If it isn't GTA V and Far Cry 4 I don't really care

There's a guy claiming that he used the Amazon chat and got someone to honor it for him that way.

http://i.imgur.com/HQWWoav.jpg

Mother****erJones 11-17-2014 08:53 PM

I don't know how the hell he got that. I was just chatting with an Amazon person for a half hour and couldn't get that deal

rolltide2014 11-17-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11122424)
I don't know how the hell he got that. I was just chatting with an Amazon person for a half hour and couldn't get that deal

Yeah I tried and struck out too. I saw a few screenshots of conversations with Amazon CSR's too where they were honoring it, unless it was all BS or from last year or something.

Mother****erJones 11-17-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolltide2014 (Post 11122513)
Yeah I tried and struck out too. I saw a few screenshots of conversations with Amazon CSR's too where they were honoring it, unless it was all BS or from last year or something.

Very well could be. I tried everything lol. Oh well can't hurt to try

ThaVirus 11-17-2014 10:15 PM

Why not just go to Target?

Mother****erJones 11-17-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11122708)
Why not just go to Target?

For?

Gonzo 11-17-2014 10:41 PM

I've gotta say... Even though it's got some issues, I'm pretty happy with AC Untiy so far. Glitches are still kind of an issue and the storyline makes me want to chew a bullet but the direction they're trying to go is pretty cool. I actually like the multiplayer idea with four assasins working towards the same goal. They've opened up being able to converse with one another if the players want. I personally choose not to most of the time but it's good to have the option.

ThaVirus 11-17-2014 10:41 PM

The buy 2 get 1..

I thought that originated at Target?

Mother****erJones 11-17-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11122777)
The buy 2 get 1..

I thought that originated at Target?

I haven't seen that. Though I have heard target is doing a trade your last gen GTA towards new gen and get half off.

ThaVirus 11-17-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11093630)

Here it goes. It was posted on 11/8 though so maybe the deal is over.. Idk.

Mother****erJones 11-17-2014 11:46 PM

It's over I believe. I'm gona wait two days I think. Well see if I can withstand the itch to get GTA and Far Cry

Chest Rockwell 11-18-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11122883)
It's over I believe. I'm gona wait two days I think. Well see if I can withstand the itch to get GTA and Far Cry

You're a tougher man than I...FC downloaded at midnight and GTA's on it's way to my door as we speak.

Mother****erJones 11-18-2014 07:48 AM

I really want them. I'm just waiting a couple days to see. I may break though

Quesadilla Joe 11-18-2014 01:35 PM

GTAV on PS4/Xbone for $49.99...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-...item462cd6209a

Jerm 11-18-2014 05:41 PM

First Person in GTA V is awesome but killing people (esp. stabbing) in it just feels.......odd, lol I can't explain it and it's weird feeling to have considering how much I like FPS.

Game is stunning though and after a few minutes it just felt like old times....

Mother****erJones 11-18-2014 09:02 PM

Started it. I got it and Far Cry I couldn't resist. Gona play Far Cry in a few

millz 11-19-2014 07:55 AM

would you guys recommend GTA over far cry? Can't get both right now and gotta pick one. leaning with gta though.

Quesadilla Joe 11-19-2014 09:37 AM

I don't see why people buy single player games like Farcry. $60 for a game that has very little if any replayability? I just use gamefly during the summer when there is a gaming drought and get to play all of the single player games I missed during the winter/spring for 30-50 bucks.

I could understand buying games like Skyrim, Borderlands and Fallout because you can get 100+ hours out of games like that, but I beat Farcry 3 in like 15 or 20 hours.

Gonzo 11-19-2014 11:01 AM

I picked up GTAV yesterday and they did do a great job remastering it for next gen. It's just gorgeous.

Jerm 11-19-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11125922)
I don't see why people buy single player games like Farcry. $60 for a game that has very little if any replayability? I just use gamefly during the summer when there is a gaming drought and get to play all of the single player games I missed during the winter/spring for 30-50 bucks.

I could understand buying games like Skyrim, Borderlands and Fallout because you can get 100+ hours out of games like that, but I beat Farcry 3 in like 15 or 20 hours.

If you go through everything there is, FC could easily take you 50-60 hours....

007 11-19-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11125922)

I wait for price drops but I only like single player games. I can never meet up with anyone for group multiplayer games because I just don't have enough time in my day to play them. I can't rent because I don't just plop down and beat a game in a day. Plus, gamefly ****ing sucks for getting new games. Tried it for 3 months and could never get the games I wanted.

Destiny is another issue. Everyone outranks me by a ton and nobody wants to play with someone so far beneath them. I would love to do some of the more difficult strikes but I hate playing with strangers that don't communicate.

ThaVirus 11-19-2014 05:25 PM

**** Official PS4 Discussion Thread ****

I used to be a single player gamer but ever since Modern Warfare 2 I've switched over to almost exclusively playing online.

Which reminds me, does PSN have a lot of issues with its online services being down? I feel like it does but maybe I'm just remembering that huge hack that took months to sort out. I couldn't imagine buying a console and not being able to play online for months at a time.

007 11-19-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11126695)
I used to be a single player gamer but ever since Modern Warfare 2 I've switched over to almost exclusively playing online.

Which reminds me, does PSN have a lot of issues with its online services being down? I feel like it does but maybe I'm just remembering that huge hack that took months to sort out. I couldn't imagine buying a console and not being able to play online for months at a time.

That happened one time. they were down for a couple weeks and it hasn't been a problem since. They do a maintenance period every couple weeks but it is only for a couple hours and generally during the afternoon or overnight.

GoShox 11-19-2014 06:33 PM

What's the report on GTA V? Worth getting?

millz 11-19-2014 07:56 PM

I'm not that impressed with GTA. I've only played a bit of it so far and I'm not noticing much of a graphical difference. There's frame rate issues and it just doesn't look as good as I thought...

I'm so fkn sick of these remastered HD collections, games we have already beat on the old gen and there selling them again. It's such a fkn money scheme.

Pretty much, I paid $70 for a FPS view while driving and walking. this shit is trash..

Gonzo 11-19-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 11126939)
I'm not that impressed with GTA. I've only played a bit of it so far and I'm not noticing much of a graphical difference. There's frame rate issues and it just doesn't look as good as I thought...

I'm so fkn sick of these remastered HD collections, games we have already beat on the old gen and there selling them again. It's such a fkn money scheme.

Pretty much, I paid $70 for a FPS view while driving and walking. this shit is trash..

You know what... I was originally going to completely disagree with this but I'm going to go 50/50. The graphics aren't that much better, you're right. Basically yes, the improvements or changes are the landscape, first person, more traffic, better sound quality, and the underwater scenery is much better. However, I'm going to go ahead and agree that it wasnt worth the trade in so far. I haven't played any multiplayer at all yet so I'll reserve complete judgement until then. I'm not big on multiplayer anyway.

Mav 11-19-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11127055)
You know what... I was originally going to completely disagree with this but I'm going to go 50/50. The graphics aren't that much better, you're right. Basically yes, the improvements or changes are the landscape, first person, more traffic, better sound quality, and the underwater scenery is much better. However, I'm going to go ahead and agree that it wasnt worth the trade in so far. I haven't played any multiplayer at all yet so I'll reserve complete judgement until then. I'm not big on multiplayer anyway.

The only thing I really noticed was I nearly shit myself when I was swimming and a Damn killer whale swam up next to me.

Next the cats and dogs roaming the streets.

I loved the game so I'm not complaining but there isn't that much difference.

Mother****erJones 11-20-2014 12:21 AM

Far cry is so fun. You can replay it. There's a lot of map to run around and find treasures and other things.

millz 11-20-2014 02:35 AM

Far cry looks nice and fun but I can't help but bashing Ubi-soft products and not noticing that this game looks identical to far cry 3 in every single way except the map is different.

gameplay mechanics and everything look the same and not to say that it's a bad thing but I'm just not noticing anything unique or that would blow me away.

Maybe I'm just jealous cause I want it, in fact reviews and comments have been positive and pretty good for the game. I still can't help but feeling in a month or so, the price will drop down and people will be complaining about it or bashing it.

Games to me nowadays don't feel the same as the PS2/PS3/360 days, it's all about your brand and name. It's all about how over hyped it is, people just want the newest latest game and 95% of the time especially for next gen, it most likely always fails to deliver. bugs, glitches, frame rate issues, it's annoying.

PS3 didn't seem like that nor did PS2. I remember actually being excited for a game and getting it the day it comes out and it actually lived up to those expectations. It's pretty fkn sad that Tomb Raider is the best game I've played so far on PS4.

millz 11-20-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11127055)

Multiplayer has never been my thing for GTA games, it's a single player experience.

Even tho I heard the online is nice. I really do not care.

To me, GTA hasn't been the same since San Andreas. call it how you want but 4 was an absolute dud and while 5 was better, it didn't live up to expectations.

So for whatever reason, I ended up getting this AGAIN. Could it be the trailers making it seem like a new improved game? Could it be everyone and there friends over hyping the ****k out of this because its a huge name and series.

Idunno when it started but near the end of the PS3 era, companies decided to re release these games as HD collections ( Metal gear, Jax n daxter, ratchet and clank, devil may cry, etc. ) and while it was cool and refreshing in the beginning, it's become incredibly stale especially on the next gen.

Last of us is an amazing game and graphically way better then GTA on the ps4 but again, I got suckered into buying that again despite beating it and trading in my copy on the ps3.

Where are the original titles? It's nothing but sequels and HD remakes for essentially a 5-600 dollar next gen system.

I'm still gonna play GTA but I'm not rushing to turn my PS4 on right now and experience it and that's the feeling I miss with games. It's gonna collect dust just like watch dogs, destiny, killzone, last of us, etc.

007 11-20-2014 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 11127565)
Far cry looks nice and fun but I can't help but bashing Ubi-soft products and not noticing that this game looks identical to far cry 3 in every single way except the map is different.

gameplay mechanics and everything look the same and not to say that it's a bad thing but I'm just not noticing anything unique or that would blow me away.

Maybe I'm just jealous cause I want it, in fact reviews and comments have been positive and pretty good for the game. I still can't help but feeling in a month or so, the price will drop down and people will be complaining about it or bashing it.

Games to me nowadays don't feel the same as the PS2/PS3/360 days, it's all about your brand and name. It's all about how over hyped it is, people just want the newest latest game and 95% of the time especially for next gen, it most likely always fails to deliver. bugs, glitches, frame rate issues, it's annoying.

PS3 didn't seem like that nor did PS2. I remember actually being excited for a game and getting it the day it comes out and it actually lived up to those expectations. It's pretty fkn sad that Tomb Raider is the best game I've played so far on PS4.

A to the ****in MEN

Chest Rockwell 11-20-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11126669)
Destiny is another issue. Everyone outranks me by a ton and nobody wants to play with someone so far beneath them. I would love to do some of the more difficult strikes but I hate playing with strangers that don't communicate.

I'm pretty casual and would play with anyone here regardless of level (not that any of mine are all that high), but I haven't been on much the last couple of weeks due to being out of the country.

But I'm back now. Is there a regular time you're around? I think I've only seen you online like once...

And I'm same with single vs. PvP. I ****ing suck at PvP unless I'm on a decent team. Then I suck slightly less.

I'm not far into FC or GTA V so I'm sure I haven't gotten to any of the fun stuff, but I'm enjoying both (granted I'm a huge FC fan in general and I avoided GTA until the current release, soooo...) especially the option to toss bait and watch apex predators wreck shit. I giggle every time. Pagan Min also seems to have potential to be my favorite antagonist in a while. We'll see where I land on them in a few days.

Also, y my name no in OP? I has a sad.

Mother****erJones 11-20-2014 12:16 PM

Far cry 3 was good. Why change shit and make a mess like AC unity?

Mother****erJones 11-20-2014 12:18 PM

GTA is the same exact except for first person. I'm not knocking I love GTA but you can't knock far cry like that.

TinyEvel 11-20-2014 12:50 PM

I'm going to get a PS4 on Black Friday.

What deals have you guys seen out there? (Guru, looking at you)

I'm not interested in GTAV I have it on PS3.

Looking for added value like an extra controller or couple of GOOD titles free. Or the $100 gift card w/purchase, stuff like that.

ThaVirus 11-20-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11128387)

Looking for added value like an extra controller or couple of GOOD titles free. Or the $100 gift card w/purchase, stuff like that.

I'll echo this sentiment. I think I'm finally going to break down and buy.

I've heard GameStop is taking any working 360 or PS3 for $100 toward a new PS4. I checked the price online and it showed $399 so a new PS4 for basically $300.

I saw the Assassins's Creed Xbox One bundle with Unity and Black Flag plus a new Xbox One for $349. That's a great deal, as I was looking to get Unity anyway, but I'd rather a PS4 than an Xbox. Has anyone seen anything similar to this but for PS4?

BigBeauford 11-20-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11128416)
I'll echo this sentiment. I think I'm finally going to break down and buy.

I've heard GameStop is taking any working 360 or PS3 for $100 toward a new PS4. I checked the price online and it showed $399 so a new PS4 for basically $300.

I saw the Assassins's Creed Xbox One bundle with Unity and Black Flag plus a new Xbox One for $349. That's a great deal, as I was looking to get Unity anyway, but I'd rather a PS4 than an Xbox. Has anyone seen anything similar to this but for PS4?

Make sure to look for the last of us and GTV5 bundle they are putting out there!

ThaVirus 11-20-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 11128644)
Make sure to look for the last of us and GTV5 bundle they are putting out there!

Ah, yes. Thank you. I remember that one but not the price.

I'm really only interested in TLoU, though. I borrowed GTA V on 360 from a friend and just liked it. Didn't love it enough to want the updated copy.

007 11-20-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11128387)

I already have a ps4. Why would I know about any deals heh ironically xbox is having killer deals wonder if it is because ps4 is kicking it's ass.

The Franchise 11-21-2014 07:02 PM

http://slickdeals.net/f/7361626-the-...al-download-23

Last of Us: Remastered digital download for $23.

Gonzo 11-25-2014 06:35 PM

Hey, if any of you guys wanna do some co-op farcry PM me. I'd like to try it out.

Bearcat 11-25-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11145169)
Hey, if any of you guys wanna do some co-op farcry PM me. I'd like to try it out.

I might get it eventually... the co-op does look nice and you're apparently able to go from single player to multiplayer in the same game.

Finished The Last of Us... fun game and definitely one of the best stories I've seen. Good mix of stealth and force, and unlike other games, one or the other wasn't ever forced (like when other games say 'get by the guards without being detected'). Great presentation and it was nice to see the little hints whenever I got stuck on something stupid.

Gonzo 11-25-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11145471)
I might get it eventually... the co-op does look nice and you're apparently able to go from single player to multiplayer in the same game.

Finished The Last of Us... fun game and definitely one of the best stories I've seen. Good mix of stealth and force, and unlike other games, one or the other wasn't ever forced (like when other games say 'get by the guards without being detected'). Great presentation and it was nice to see the little hints whenever I got stuck on something stupid.

There you go. Still the best game I've played... Tomb Raider is a close 2nd.

Mr. Plow 11-26-2014 08:18 AM

So are there any holiiday deals on a PS4?

007 11-26-2014 04:08 PM

I think ebay had one up today for 329 brand new.

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2014 06:54 PM

Sale is over...

Quesadilla Joe 11-27-2014 09:51 AM

1 year of PS+ for $39.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlaySta...item1c40c4dec1

007 11-27-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11148108)

do these stack?

crazycoffey 11-27-2014 11:47 PM

I got advanced warfare and madden. crazycoffey on ps4

crazycoffey 11-27-2014 11:57 PM

FYI, I'm not seeing anyone else talking much about the advance warfare, I'm going to say I'm a fan. It's so much better than the last one that was just a money making remake basically and the eco suit, no fall damage and jumping around is a complete cool different aspect. havent found the best combo of perks or weapons yet. but not the lag stuff or hackers. yet anyway

KCrockaholic 11-27-2014 11:58 PM

Just bought mine tonight. kcrockaholic4life

007 11-28-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11149356)
I got advanced warfare and madden. crazycoffey on ps4

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11149369)
Just bought mine tonight. kcrockaholic4life

added to OP

KCrockaholic 11-28-2014 12:11 AM

Thanks! It's about bed time tonight, but what should I do first with the system aside from play a game obviously. Like what to download or know about, etc?

007 11-28-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11149378)
Thanks! It's about bed time tonight, but what should I do first with the system aside from play a game obviously. Like what to download or know about, etc?

Just plug it in, connect it to lan/wifi, let it do whatever it needs to do, play games.

crazycoffey 11-28-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11149378)

What games did you buy?

Guru and gonzo, I know I'll get good answers with Google but what is farcry?

KCrockaholic 11-28-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11149518)
What games did you buy?

Madden and GTA5

Mother****erJones 11-28-2014 10:30 PM

Got ufc $14 on ps store

Sassy Squatch 11-29-2014 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11151206)
Got ufc $14 on ps store

Be careful about rotating the joysticks. I have a friend that owned the game, and he literally ruined the joysticks on both controllers.

Gonzo 11-29-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11149518)
What games did you buy?

Here you go man.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=265