ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith vs Alex Smith - It's on. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597)

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9886720)
I don't know how Geno Smith is going turn out he could bust or he could do great in the league? I just think it would have been more fun to find out if he were a Chief. Also I've said I wanted draft a quarterback this year and next year with a high round pick. I think this franchise can draft a few years in a row and create competition and trade bait as well. We have neglected the QB position from the draft for so long I'd really like to see them step up and take somebody. I want them to invest in a guy early in the draft and in practice to make him better. I want the QB to get to start as a rookie quarterback and that is something we haven't seen for a long time. At least it wouldn't be a retread and have to root for another teams trash.

Eh - you're a fan.

You want the team to win.

If Geno went out there and played like the guy that's presently losing a head to head competition with buttfumble, we'd end up going 4-12. And you can say all day right now that "it would be fun to watch him develop" but you're largely full of shit. All of us are. Losing sucks. And in the end it doesn't matter how you lose, losing over and over again sucks badly and no, no matter the cause, fans aren't patient of it.

I know this because I saw how quickly this fanbase turned on Herm Edwards when he was trying to develop a bunch of youth. Herm was an idiot, mind you, but nobody was saying "man, it sure has been fun to watch Hali, Flowers, Carr, Bowe, Albert and DJ develop like they are..."

That was actually a damn exciting season from a player development standpoint, but the season was interminably long and just awful by the end.

This team's been too shitty for too long. Royals fans know all too well what happens when a team tries to build on a foundation of sand. You can't build greatness on top of smoldering rubble. This team has to put a foundation in place that serves as a positive proving ground for a young QB. Getting a guy like Alex Smith in here to build some positive momentum will be how we get our franchise QB.

Not desperately stabbing at the nearest option.

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9886745)
To start a pre-season game. Nice misleading lead in though.

I listened to an interview with a Jets beat writer this morning that has said all along that the Ryan has been saying in-house that the starter for game 2 will start the season opener.

Sanchez will start week 1. I don't anticipate he'll stay there, but he'll open the season at #1 on the depth chart.

BigCatDaddy 08-15-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9886755)
I listened to an interview with a Jets beat writer this morning that has said all along that the Ryan has been saying in-house that the starter for game 2 will start the season opener.

Sanchez will start week 1. I don't anticipate he'll stay there, but he'll open the season at #1 on the depth chart.

I think that's often best for a rookie QB who is playing behind a vet that will ultimately suck. Let the vet come out and stink it up and you can always say he's a known quantity now we are going with the rookie with upside and the fan base will back off.. The Jets are just a horrible situation for any QB to be in though.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

I don't know how Geno Smith is going turn out he could bust or he could do great in the league? I just think it would have been more fun to find out if he were a Chief. Also I've said I wanted draft a quarterback this year and next year with a high round pick. I think this franchise can draft a few years in a row and create competition and trade bait as well. We have neglected the QB position from the draft for so long I'd really like to see them step up and take somebody. I want them to invest in a guy early in the draft and in practice to make him better. I want the QB to get to start as a rookie quarterback and that is something we haven't seen for a long time. At least it wouldn't be a retread and have to root for another teams trash.

This is ridiculous beyond words.

Geno Smith is not and was not an NFL ready QB, despite what you, Claynus and other clueless members of the Geno Mafia thought. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Teams cannot draft a player at 1.1 (and really, in the first round) that aren't NFL-Ready, because it sets their franchise back.

Jonathan Baldwin is a perfect example (as is A.J. Jenkins in SF). If Baldwin hadn't been a diva and had been NFL-Ready, the Chiefs would be heading into 2013 with a very potent offense with few questions about the receiving corp. Instead, they do have questions and will likely address the WR position in the 2014 draft and free agency period. THAT'S how missing on a high draft pick can screw up a team.

With today's CBA, it's unlikely you'll ever see a player in the Top Ten EVER sit a year. Teams need to decide at the end of year two whether or not to extend that player for a fifth year. If a QB sits a year and plays some his second year, how would you know whether to extend him or not? That's just yet ANOTHER bad and WRONG idea.

And finally, who gives a flying **** about HOW a player was acquired? I mean, seriously? Priest Holmes and Casey Weigman were very productive players for the Chiefs that were acquired as free agents. Does that mean that their value to the Chiefs is any less?

There is NO ONE WAY to win a Super Bowl or win in the playoffs. GM's do the best they can for their teams, regardless of how players are acquired and if they fail, they're fired.

Get over it.

Rasputin 08-15-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9886752)
Eh - you're a fan.

You want the team to win.

If Geno went out there and played like the guy that's presently losing a head to head competition with buttfumble, we'd end up going 4-12. And you can say all day right now that "it would be fun to watch him develop" but you're largely full of shit. All of us are. Losing sucks. And in the end it doesn't matter how you lose, losing over and over again sucks badly and no, no matter the cause, fans aren't patient of it.

I know this because I saw how quickly this fanbase turned on Herm Edwards when he was trying to develop a bunch of youth. Herm was an idiot, mind you, but nobody was saying "man, it sure has been fun to watch Hali, Flowers, Carr, Bowe, Albert and DJ develop like they are..."

That was actually a damn exciting season from a player development standpoint, but the season was interminably long and just awful by the end.

This team's been too shitty for too long. Royals fans know all too well what happens when a team tries to build on a foundation of sand. You can't build greatness on top of smoldering rubble. This team has to put a foundation in place that serves as a positive proving ground for a young QB. Getting a guy like Alex Smith in here to build some positive momentum will be how we get our franchise QB.

Not desperately stabbing at the nearest option.

He wasn't losing the competition until after he twisted his ankle and result of a bad practice. Shouldn't expect a guy to have a bad practice?

No I agree with you this fan base doesn't allow time for a player like a quarterback as a rookie grow and get better. We haven't seen it and then there are those who want to see DJ and Tamba Hali get their ring so its always a win now and forget our future.

I was upset how people treated Bernard Pollard. I still don't get the hate that guy got here. He could lay the wood down and separate ball from and head from the offensive player. We didn't need Eric Berry or could have had both on the same team. Could have kept Bernard Pollard and draft a quarterback with the Eric Berry pick. I do love Eric Berry but would have been bad ass if Bonecrusher and EB were SS and FS.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9886770)
He wasn't losing the competition until after he twisted his ankle and result of a bad practice. Shouldn't expect a guy to have a bad practice?

No I agree with you this fan base doesn't allow time for a player like a quarterback as a rookie grow and get better. We haven't seen it and then there are those who want to see DJ and Tamba Hali get their ring so its always a win now and forget our future.

I was upset how people treated Bernard Pollard. I still don't get the hate that guy got here. He could lay the wood down and separate ball from and head from the offensive player. We didn't need Eric Berry or could have had both on the same team. Could have kept Bernard Pollard and draft a quarterback with the Eric Berry pick. I do love Eric Berry but would have been bad ass if Bonecrusher and EB were SS and FS.

Good lord. Pollard's been passed around the league like a hooker at a bachelor party.

Marcellus 08-15-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Pollard sucked here aside from a play here and there. He. Sucked. Badly. To say anything else is revisionist history.He also sucked with the Texans.

Good grief dude.

Rasputin 08-15-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9886767)
This is ridiculous beyond words.

Geno Smith is not and was not an NFL ready QB, despite what you, Claynus and other clueless members of the Geno Mafia thought. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Teams cannot draft a player at 1.1 (and really, in the first round) that aren't NFL-Ready, because it sets their franchise back.

Jonathan Baldwin is a perfect example (as is A.J. Jenkins in SF). If Baldwin hadn't been a diva and had been NFL-Ready, the Chiefs would be heading into 2013 with a very potent offense with few questions about the receiving corp. Instead, they do have questions and will likely address the WR position in the 2014 draft and free agency period. THAT'S how missing on a high draft pick can screw up a team.

With today's CBA, it's unlikely you'll ever see a player in the Top Ten EVER sit a year. Teams need to decide at the end of year two whether or not to extend that player for a fifth year. If a QB sits a year and plays some his second year, how would you know whether to extend him or not? That's just yet ANOTHER bad and WRONG idea.

And finally, who gives a flying **** about HOW a player was acquired? I mean, seriously? Priest Holmes and Casey Weigman were very productive players for the Chiefs that were acquired as free agents. Does that mean that their value to the Chiefs is any less?

There is NO ONE WAY to win a Super Bowl or win in the playoffs. GM's do the best they can for their teams, regardless of how players are acquired and if they fail, they're fired.

Get over it.

That is total bull shit. He didn't have to be NFL ready but if he does turn out to be a stud then he would have been worth 1.1 pick. So far you are right about Geno Smith not being worth that precious pick as he struggles to make a case to be starter. He is young and has a ways to go that is for sure. If he turns out over the years to be damn good then you would be wrong about him not being worth 1.1. Right now you are right so good for you. Do you want a cookie?

BourbonMan 08-15-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9886745)
To start a pre-season game. Nice misleading lead in though.

:D:D

Rasputin 08-15-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9886776)
Good lord. Pollard's been passed around the league like a hooker at a bachelor party.

Well he does have a Super Bowl ring that is more than we can say with out him.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9886767)

Smart ownership and right player personal could do it.

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

We don't know if he was losing it or not - we do know that he didn't start game 1.

And we do know that he ultimately lost it. Besides, being neck and neck with Mark Sanchez shouldn't inspire much confidence. Would Ryan Tannehill have been neck and neck with Sanchez? I very much doubt it. Tannehill is a fair starting point for what you should expect in a first round QB.

Geno would've been a bad 1.1. SNR and I were the first two on Geno (back in the 2011 college season) and so I ignored the red flags as the 2012 college season progressed. Then his interviews went like shit as well. He just wasn't a first overall talent when all was said and done. And had we taken him at 2.2. instead of trading it for Smith, we probably don't have Bray. I'm also certain we'd have had a far worse football team in 2013 on account of that choice.

It's time to stop acting like Geno was Luck. He wasn't. He's just another good young developmental QB but he doesn't have appreciably more upside than the guy that replaced him in that role. So at this point it makes a lot more sense to embrace the competent, qualified QB we did bring in, enjoy some good football and trust that the combination of those factors will serve to help Bray develop in his own right.

BigCatDaddy 08-15-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9886795)
Well he does have a Super Bowl ring that is more than we can say with out him.

I like Geno, but that is the same agrugment people use to justify Alice. Well he ALMOST made a SB blah blah blah. The Ravens probably win a SB without Pollard and the 9ers make the AFC title game with an avg QB.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9886796)
Smart ownership and right player personal could do it.

There would be an enormous amount of luck involved as well. It's akin to projecting a high school pitcher into the big leagues becoming a Cy Young winner in a few years.

Rasputin 08-15-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9886812)
We don't know if he was losing it or not - we do know that he didn't start game 1.

And we do know that he ultimately lost it. Besides, being neck and neck with Mark Sanchez shouldn't inspire much confidence. Would Ryan Tannehill have been neck and neck with Sanchez? I very much doubt it. Tannehill is a fair starting point for what you should expect in a first round QB.

Geno would've been a bad 1.1. SNR and I were the first two on Geno (back in the 2011 college season) and so I ignored the red flags as the 2012 college season progressed. Then his interviews went like shit as well. He just wasn't a first overall talent when all was said and done. And had we taken him at 2.2. instead of trading it for Smith, we probably don't have Bray. I'm also certain we'd have had a far worse football team in 2013 on account of that choice.

It's time to stop acting like Geno was Luck. He wasn't. He's just another good young developmental QB but he doesn't have appreciably more upside than the guy that replaced him in that role. So at this point it makes a lot more sense to embrace the competent, qualified QB we did bring in, enjoy some good football and trust that the combination of those factors will serve to help Bray develop in his own right.

I'm not going to embrace Alex Smith not now or anytime soon. I never thought Geno Smith was another Luck that is for sure. His stock drop at an alarming rate too for his attitude in much part and for not going to the senior bowl didn't do him any favors. I understand why teams passed on Geno Smith.

For me it didn't have to be stuck on Geno Smith, I wanted look at next years draft and be set up to take the best one that class has to offer too but giving up a second and possible second next year for Alex Smith kind of puts that out of whack.

If I knew more about what the Bills saw in their QB pick EJ Manuel maybe I'd would have been happy with him?

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9886844)
I'm not going to embrace Alex Smith not now or anytime soon. I never thought Geno Smith was another Luck that is for sure. His stock drop at an alarming rate too for his attitude in much part and for not going to the senior bowl didn't do him any favors. I understand why teams passed on Geno Smith.

For me it didn't have to be stuck on Geno Smith, I wanted look at next years draft and be set up to take the best one that class has to offer too but giving up a second and possible second next year for Alex Smith kind of puts that out of whack.

If I knew more about what the Bills saw in their QB pick EJ Manuel maybe I'd would have been happy with him?

:facepalm:

Rasputin 08-15-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9886848)
:facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Brando 08-15-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9886777)
Pollard sucked here aside from a play here and there. He. Sucked. Badly. To say anything else is revisionist history.He also sucked with the Texans.

Good grief dude.

Knee capping Brady was the best thing he's ever done. Well, it may be the best thing any safety has ever done.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9886853)
:rolleyes:

The worst part about your post is that not only are they ****ing dumb, you fail to address anything when your stupidity is pointed out.

Clearly, you've learned NOTHING this offseason.

And seriously, who give a flying **** about what YOU want the Chiefs to do at QB? Do you somehow believe that YOU represent the entire Chiefs fan base?

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9886858)
Knee capping Brady was the best thing he's ever done. Well, it may be the best thing any safety has ever done.

We suffered 4 years of hell because of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brando 08-15-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9886878)
We suffered 4 years of hell because of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I never looked at it that way. If anyone is looking for me I'll be at Pep Boys drinking anti-freeze.

Marcellus 08-15-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9886883)
I never looked at it that way. If anyone is looking for me I'll be at Pep Boys drinking anti-freeze.

I was about to say, had I known what was going to happen as a result of the Pollard on Brady violence I would have started crying right then.

Rasputin 08-15-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9886877)
The worst part about your post is that not only are they ****ing dumb, you fail to address anything when your stupidity is pointed out.

Clearly, you've learned NOTHING this offseason.

And seriously, who give a flying **** about what YOU want the Chiefs to do at QB? Do you somehow believe that YOU represent the entire Chiefs fan base?

I just express my opinions like any one else right or wrong as they may be.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9886704)
Sure doesn't sound like it.

It sounds like you're going to keep bitching about Alex Smith instead.

I love Bray, this is a known fact.

And yes. Axl can pretty much suck it. I don't care if he's the greatest game-manager to ever put on a jockstrap, he's not good enough. Period.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 03:51 PM

Now Geno is no better than Bray.

PRICELESS.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887823)

PRICELESS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9815800)
Geno > Cam

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 03:58 PM

Flaming reerunation in a waffle-cone>Cam

Marcellus 08-15-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887823)

PRICELESS.

No actually I think its Bray will be > than Geno.

Geno is going to be so average thats not really an accomplishment though.

Mav 08-15-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9887884)
No actually I think its Bray will be > than Geno.

Geno is going to be so average thats not really an accomplishment though.

A lot of times qbs who go to crap situations, end up being worse than qbs who go to great situations.

This could be the situation that Geno, and Bray face. Bray went to a fabulous situation, where Geno Smith went to a situation, that is pretty comparable on offense to what Alex Smith was drafted into.....

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9887852)
Flaming reerunation in a waffle-cone>Cam

Your football knowledge is incomparable.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 04:32 PM

Bray had accuracy and headcase issues that placed him far below Geno as a prospect.

And he didn't have as much college production.

He also has a funky windup/release, and 6-6, 200 lbs is beanpole city. Bray might get broken in half in a real game.

There's no ****ing way Geno=Bray.

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887933)
Bray had accuracy and headcase issues that placed him far below Geno as a prospect.

He also has a funky windup/release, and 6-6, 200 lbs is beanpole city. Bray might get broken in half in a real game.

Geno's a fairly slight guy as well. And Geno's release also leaves much to be desired, at least through the lower half. Geno has as much work to do with his feet as Bray does. Bray needs to anchor better, Geno needs to rotate through better. Both guys have lower body issues.

Yes, Bray has more work to do, but Bray has more natural talent than Smith.

You're really underestimating how far Geno has to to get to greatness.

There's a much better chance that Geno becomes an adequate NFL starter than Bray. But there is about a dead even chance that either one of them becomes a star.

Alex Smith is Geno Smith's most likely outcome, truth be told. Unemployed is Bray's most likely outcome.

Like I said - the true difference in value comes from their respective floors.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9887949)
Geno's a fairly slight guy as well.

Yeah, but he's 6-2. He has a typical NFL QB body. Bray is REALLY skinny.

Geno isn't perfect, no. But there are reasons he was mocked in the 1st for months and Bray dropped like a rock.

To say they are the same guy is intellectually dishonest.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887933)

And yet, just last August, you said he was a Top Five draft choice in 2013.

My how your view has changed.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9887957)
And yet, just last August, you said he was a Top Five draft choice in 2013.

My how your view has changed.

For the record, I think Bray was drafted way too low.

ALL of the QBs got unfairly victimized by this post-RGIII/Luck world we're currently living in.

Mav 08-15-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887964)
For the record, I think Bray was drafted way too low.

ALL of the QBs got unfairly victimized by this post-RGIII/Luck world we're currently living in.

LMAO

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887955)

Geno isn't perfect, no. But there are reasons he was mocked in the 1st for months and Bray dropped like a rock.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ray?id=2540173

how's 232 skinny?

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9887987)

The guy is built like a 6-6 version of Brodie Croyle.

In fact, the Chiefs list him at only 215, and that's probably an exaggeration.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp...o-Win-Game.jpg

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887995)
The guy is built like a 6-6 version of Brodie Croyle.

In fact, the Chiefs list him at only 215, and that's probably an exaggeration.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp...o-Win-Game.jpg

he weighed 232 at the combine

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9887997)
he weighed 232 at the combine

Tribal Warfare 08-15-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887998)

The link says he weighs 232

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_709.0.jpg

does this look like a man that weighs 215?

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9888002)
The link says he weighs 232

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_709.0.jpg

does this look like a man that weighs 215?

Yes. Probably less.

"Official" NFL weight is 215.

Brock 08-15-2013 05:10 PM

Tardfight

Mav 08-15-2013 05:17 PM

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ray?id=2540173

232 it says here.....

but espn and chiefs.com says 215.....

SAUTO 08-15-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9886717)
The most NFL ready QB in the draft cant beat out Buttfumble.

Are we really saying that while talking about the second preseason game of his rookie year?

JFC guys
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 05:18 PM

No Geno this weekend. :(

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9887955)

Bray was also mocked in the first for months, you'll recall.

You can keep speaking to an argument I didn't make if you'd like, but I'm not sure what you're accomplishing.

I didn't say they were the same guy at all; never have. I've said this several times now - Geno's unquestionably the 'safer' of the two. Geno has a middle ground where he could end up an average NFL starter; it's pretty damn unlikely that Bray hits that mark - he's going to be a very good NFL quarterback or he's not going to be in the league, IMO. I don't see him hanging out for 10 years as a marginal, 1 and done style QB.

A competent NFL quarterback has a great deal of value and it's that marginal value that made Geno a more attractive option than Bray. But when the Chiefs got Alex Smith, a guy that's already good to go as a competent NFL QB, well that marginal value became redundant for them.

To say that Bray, who was being mocked as a potential 1.1 at the end of last season, doesn't have the upside of Geno Smith is far more intellectually dishonest than anything I've said in this thread.

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888010)
Yes. Probably less.

"Official" NFL weight is 215.

What?

Dude's definitely thicker than I am and at 6'0'', I weigh 180 lbs.

Bray looks to me to be in that 225-230 range. And in person, he's clearly a thicker guy than Croyle. Hell, he looked easily as 'broad' as Alex Smith did when they were next to each other.

You've never bothered to actually listen to what anyone has to say anyway, but there's no way that Tyler Bray weighs 215 lbs.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 05:28 PM

Chiefs think he weighs 215 lbs. LMAO

Eleazar 08-15-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9641370)
Geno Smith is probably going to be starting for the Jets this season.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/.../781/Y0UJC.png

BossChief 08-15-2013 05:40 PM

In person, Bray DOES NOT look 215 pounds. I'd be shocked if he isn't 230.

Saying he is skinny is flat out wrong.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9888147)
In person, Bray DOES NOT look 215 pounds. I'd be shocked if he isn't 230.

Saying he is skinny is flat out wrong.

I know he was hovering around 200 lbs during college.

http://mit.zenfs.com/214/2011/05/Bray-Winds-Up.jpg

Eleazar 08-15-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9886844)

And the Bills loved him so much that they signed Kevin Kolb to be his front-up.

BossChief 08-15-2013 05:47 PM

I'm willing to bet that if he is healthy, Geno will be the Jets starter by years end.

jd1020 08-15-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9888166)
I'm willing to bet that if he is healthy, Geno will be the Jets starter by years end.

That's a pretty safe bet considering how fed up NY is with Sanchez. Then again, I don't recall Jets fans being ecstatic about drafting Geno, it was more of a WTF?!?!?

BossChief 08-15-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888152)
I know he was hovering around 200 lbs during college.

http://mit.zenfs.com/214/2011/05/Bray-Winds-Up.jpg

Thats from his freshman year.

BossChief 08-15-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9888175)
That's a pretty safe bet considering how fed up NY is with Sanchez. Then again, I don't recall Jets fans being ecstatic about drafting Geno, it was more of a WTF?!?!?

Never underestimate the raw stupidity of Rex Ryans handling of his offense.

I really hope that if Sutton doesn't get results that we make a serious push to hire Rex as our DC after he is fired after this year.

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9888176)
Thats from his freshman year.

Nooooo....

Goatse was being disingenuous? I don't believe you.

Let's not show a picture from his Jr season:

http://media.govolsxtra.com/media/im...91645_t607.JPG

Hey look guys! Bray's really thin:

http://media.scout.com/media/image/69/698384.jpg

Oh wait, he's an adult now:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...WUVQhOkFmHXq7A

Clay's just universally full of shit. He can't help it but somehow he thinks he manages to fool us all with this crap.

SAUTO 08-15-2013 05:59 PM

Lmao damn he had skinny arms
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9888203)
Clay's just universally full of shit. He can't help it but somehow he thinks he manages to fool us all with this crap.

6-6 215 is slight.

Setsuna 08-15-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888224)
6-6 215 is slight.

Clay I'm sorry but you're wrong here. Don't make it any worse.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9888255)
Clay I'm sorry but you're wrong here. Don't make it any worse.

How can I be wrong when that's his official NFL weight? ROFL

Brock 08-15-2013 06:24 PM

Brady's 225, which is probably a stretch. So 10 lbs is the difference between slight and prototypical? Clay used to have zits on his flab that weighed that much.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 06:27 PM

The important thing here, is that Tyler Bray has taken over this thread.

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888258)
How can I be wrong when that's his official NFL weight? ROFL

You believe a 6'6'' man built like this:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...WUVQhOkFmHXq7A

Weighs 215 lbs?

And you're going to ignore his official combine weight of 232? That's when he actually stepped on a scale and the talent evaluators legitimately cared about the accuracy of the figure.

How 'bout you show us a few pictures from his middle-school graduation in support of your point?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 06:30 PM

Tyler Bray makes me happier than a reerun with an ice cream cone at the zoo.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 06:32 PM

Agree to disagree.

But in the end, Geno > Bray.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888296)
Agree to disagree.

If he weren't with the ****ass Jets, I might be inclined to agree.

Pitt Gorilla 08-15-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Agree to disagree.

Could be, but how much better and why? You would have taken Geno at 1.1 and Bray was an UDFA, so I assume you think he's going to be much, much better, but I'd love a breakdown of why.

BigMeatballDave 08-15-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Agree to disagree.

At this level, you have zero to base this on.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9888371)
At this level, you have zero to base this on.

Geno got work with starters last week.

BigMeatballDave 08-15-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888384)

Which means nothing, other than the fact that Geno is competing for starting QB and Bray is not.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888384)

Bray is not in competition for the number two. We don't DO that sort of thing here.

DJ's left nut 08-15-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Agree to disagree.

Expound.

Is Geno Smith more likely to be the franchise altering superstar QB that you're clamoring for than Tyler Bray?

Significantly more likely? A little more likely?

I just don't see it. If I had to bet which one of these guys becomes the next top 5 superstar QB in this league, I'd take the Hail Mary with Bray.

It's not as simple as a silly little > sign - sports don't work that way. Hell, very little in life works that way. So brass tacks - since you're diminishing Smith because he's not going to be a superstar, it's superstar or bust in your world. Is Geno Smith really a clearly better bet to be a superstar than Tyler Bray?

And as for "agree to disagree" - you've never done that in your entire time on this board. You know you've overplayed your hand here and are hoping we walk away from the discusion. You aren't sitting in your chair right now actually thinking that Tyler Bray weighs 215 lbs; you just had your agenda to push and realized about halfway up the hill that you were out of steam. But whatever; if this helps you save face in your eyes, I'm ambivalent towards it.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9888399)
Is Geno Smith more likely to be the franchise altering superstar QB that you're clamoring for than Tyler Bray?

Significantly more likely? A little more likely?

I just don't see it.

Yes. Merely based on the fact the Jets want him to be and will support him every inch of the way.

Tyler Bray has a much bigger mountain to climb. He's unlikely to ever start an NFL game in the next three years. Geno will get several starts, probably just this year.

That alone makes it more likely for Geno. He has more opportunity.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9888403)
Yes. Merely based on the fact the Jets want him to be and will support him every inch of the way.

Tyler Bray has a much bigger mountain to climb. He's unlikely to ever start an NFL game in the next three years. Geno will get several starts, probably just this year.

That alone makes it more likely for Geno. He has more opportunity.

Geno was the best developmental QB in the draft, the key word being "developmental". He's not ready and he's in a shit situation in NY. Bray is in the better possible reality.

It is what it is.

splatbass 08-15-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

I At least it wouldn't be a retread and have to root for another teams trash.

Dawson. Montana. Green. The three best Chiefs QBs.

What do they all have in common? All retreads, all won a lot of games.

O.city 08-15-2013 08:21 PM

Getting those retreads weren't the problem, it was not having a young guy ready to take the reigns when the inevitable short window of those guys closed

hometeam 08-15-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9888695)
Dawson. Montana. Green. The three best Chiefs QBs.

What do they all have in common? All retreads, all won a lot of games.

So your going to hang your hat on these guys?

Dawson was 50 years ago,

Montana is the GOAT,

and Trent Green, well.. you got one example right.

Plus, when you ONLY HAVE RETREAD QBS OF COURSE YOUR BEST QBS ARE RETREADS.

Bad argument.

Eleazar 08-15-2013 08:23 PM

http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_art...RADY-PIC-1.jpg