ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Chiefs Pantalones 05-18-2013 12:19 PM

@J_mari31: Ball is lifeee!!! Who else you kno dunk on they own momma!!!! 😤 No mercy!! 😂😂😂 https://t.co/jVCRgkksuo

ArrowheadHawk 05-18-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9690631)
@J_mari31: Ball is lifeee!!! Who else you kno dunk on they own momma!!!! �� No mercy!! ������ https://t.co/jVCRgkksuo

Nice.

Al Czervik 05-18-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9690631)
@J_mari31: Ball is lifeee!!! Who else you kno dunk on they own momma!!!! �� No mercy!! ������ https://t.co/jVCRgkksuo

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones 05-18-2013 02:28 PM

@TopforNews: Top USATODAY: Ben McLemore confirms "bond" with Rodney Blackstock: Former Kansas star Ben McLemore says he first... http://t.co/Vu426RkBuR

From his quotes it sounds like Ben should've stayed in school. He's borderline reeruned LMAO

SAUTO 05-18-2013 04:24 PM

So is Ben trying to say that Cobb is lying about the money?
Posted via Mobile Device

Prison Bitch 05-18-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9690725)
@TopforNews: Top USATODAY: Ben McLemore confirms "bond" with Rodney Blackstock: Former Kansas star Ben McLemore says he first... http://t.co/Vu426RkBuR

From his quotes it sounds like Ben should've stayed in school. He's borderline reeruned LMAO

Dunno about any of that but if so, How would school help that?

Chiefs Pantalones 05-18-2013 07:05 PM

KU won't get in any trouble but Ben needs to shut up. He's dragging his name through the mud along with the others. If he stops talking about it it'll go away.

In every other similar case the school has not gotten into any trouble. Ben just needs to be smarter and hang around good people he can trust.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-18-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9690809)
So is Ben trying to say that Cobb is lying about the money?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's hard to tell what he's saying. It's sad actually. At least he's about to be a millionaire.

Bambi 05-19-2013 12:35 PM

1:33 is just insulting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WYpwWYw7lvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Prison Bitch 05-19-2013 12:53 PM

I'm glad Bill isn't going hungry these days:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKlR_O-CEAAY8OB.jpg:large

Spicy McHaggis 05-19-2013 02:22 PM

Wiggins gets off the floor so quickly. Doesn't even gather himself. Just standing and then, up. Ridiculous.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-19-2013 02:28 PM

A lot of people on other boards are worried about this BMac thing. I don't see why, several other similar cases resulting in NO punishment.

chiefsfan987 05-19-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9692158)
A lot of people on other boards are worried about this BMac thing. I don't see why, several other similar cases resulting in NO punishment.

Pretty sure the same sort of thing happened to Baylor and they were punished. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose our Big XII title after a couple wins are taken away. I don't think it should happen, but won't be surprised if it does.

Also, I'll be shocked if we aren't investigated about Wiggins by the time he leaves as well for something. You just know that in the next 11 months something scandalous will pop up involving him even if it has nothing to do with KU.

Silock 05-19-2013 06:57 PM

I don't think there's anything to worry about with McLemore. KU didn't get any money, Ben didn't get any money and he didn't know about it, and it doesn't benefit KU in any way.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-19-2013 07:13 PM

http://Instagram.com/p/Zg3IqVIpV6/

Chiefs Pantalones 05-19-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9692853)
I don't think there's anything to worry about with McLemore. KU didn't get any money, Ben didn't get any money and he didn't know about it, and it doesn't benefit KU in any way.

Yeah I don't think so either. There have been worse situations and schools more deserving and no punishment was enforced.

Bambi 05-19-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9692158)

What is the BMac thing?

Chiefs Pantalones 05-19-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9692949)
What is the BMac thing?

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2209039

Silock 05-19-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9692949)
What is the BMac thing?

His former AAU coach took money to steer him toward the NBA and away from KU.

Bambi 05-19-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9692958)

Sabrina Ouazani · University of Florida
I quit working at shoprite and now I make $50/h - $85/h...how? I'm freelancing online! My work didn't exactly make me happy so I decided to take a break and try something new… after 6 years it was big step for me to quit my day job but now I couldn't be happier. Here is what i do... www.Jax3.cℴm
Reply · Like · Follow Post · Friday at 7:41pm

Chiefs Pantalones 05-19-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9692971)
Sabrina Ouazani · University of Florida
I quit working at shoprite and now I make $50/h - $85/h...how? I'm freelancing online! My work didn't exactly make me happy so I decided to take a break and try something new… after 6 years it was big step for me to quit my day job but now I couldn't be happier. Here is what i do... www.Jax3.cℴm
Reply · Like · Follow Post · Friday at 7:41pm

What?

Bambi 05-19-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9692988)
What?

That's the only comment on the article you posted. I wouldn't worry too much about the "BMac thing".

KC_Connection 05-19-2013 07:57 PM

Still not sure why anybody cares about this. It's a non-issue as far as KU goes and McLemore certainly won't be negatively impacted from it.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-19-2013 09:15 PM

So I did a search for "titletown" on google images...and to no surprise, everything is Packers.

http://www.google.com/search?newwind...iIGQCg#imgrc=_

However, the first non-Packer image to show up in the search was....KU.

But when you are bringing home a championship year,

after year,

after year

after year,

after year,

after year,

after year,

after year,

after year...

I can see how Lawrence, much like, Green Bay...is dubbed Titletown.

Perennial championships will do that...

Jayhawker 05-20-2013 03:47 PM

Tarik Black coming to KU, per Jeff Goodman twitter.

Prison Bitch 05-20-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawker (Post 9694981)
Tarik Black coming to KU, per Jeff Goodman twitter.

May I ask why we're going after this guy? Don't say "Bill Self wants him so I want him", I get that concept. But Self also wanted all sorts of guys that he's essentially told to hit the road over the years.

I wanted to see Landen Lucas and Embiid get time but it looks like they'll be bench fodder all year. Because Black ain't coming to ride pine, and Traylor will get some min behind him.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-20-2013 03:59 PM

@HoopsRecruiting: Talked to a couple people today. Sounds like Tarik Black to Kansas could happen in the next couple days.

Ceej 05-20-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9695012)
May I ask why we're going after this guy? Don't say "Bill Self wants him so I want him", I get that concept. But Self also wanted all sorts of guys that he's essentially told to hit the road over the years.

I wanted to see Landen Lucas and Embiid get time but it looks like they'll be bench fodder all year. Because Black ain't coming to ride pine, and Traylor will get some min behind him.

I would assume for maturity and depth. Admittedly, I don't know much about this guy. But I like post players, especially for depth. And he's a one year deal. I'm not sure how it's going to hurt anything, other than getting JWes on scholarship = big whoop.

He will be a guy who can come in and rebound, and maybe block some shots. I'm okay with that - Ellis and Embiid are going to offer offensive presence.

Mr. Plow 05-20-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

So Embiid is going to be bench fodder, huh?

Black is a 4 year player that will offer some experience to go with our overwhelming youth - especially in the post. You should know by now that Self doesn't like to play youth right off the bat. He likes to bring them in gradually while playing more experienced players.

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

um...traylor isn't playing over Embiid...christ

Embiid is going to be a lotto pick next year, he makes Nerlens Noel look like a clown and he's only been playing a couple of years

Embiid and Black will man the 5, ellis/traylor the 4....Lucas will just be happy to dress

silver5liter 05-20-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9695149)
um...traylor isn't playing over Embiid...christ

Embiid is going to be a lotto pick next year, he makes Nerlens Noel look like a clown and he's only been playing a couple of years

Embiid and Black will man the 5, ellis/traylor the 4....Lucas will just be happy to dress

Preeeeetty doubtful

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695183)
Preeeeetty doubtful

not really....his size and athleticism are the rarest combo..

silver5liter 05-20-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9695200)
not really....his size and athleticism are the rarest combo..

He needs time to develop, much like withey.

Mr. Laz 05-20-2013 05:24 PM

Traylor has huge upside imo

if he can just get enough minutes

Pablo 05-20-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695206)

No. He doesn't. Do some of you guys even try to keep up with these recruits?

Embiid is our center from day one.

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 05:28 PM

looks like black is official

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-...052013aab.html

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695206)

dude, he's in another category from withey

he may not develop as fast as i expect (he went from unranked to top 15 in a year), but his upside is massive...he is agile, it's just not normal for someone his size to move the way he does

Pablo 05-20-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9695273)
dude, he's in another category from withey

he may not develop as fast as i expect (he went from unranked to top 15 in a year), but his upside is massive...he is agile, it's just not normal for someone his size to move the way he does

Yep. There's a reason the kid went from not playing organized basketball to being the No. 1 center in this class in two years.

He absolutely has Anthony Davis upside.

silver5liter 05-20-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9695269)
No. He doesn't. Do some of you guys even try to keep up with these recruits?

Embiid is our center from day one.

Im disagreeing that he will be a lottery pick next year. I doubt he leaves at the end of the year. The guy has only been playing for a few years.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-20-2013 05:38 PM

Guy on ESPN recruiting said our backups could win the Big 12 and finish top 3 in other conferences.

Pablo 05-20-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695285)
Im disagreeing that he will be a lottery pick next year. I doubt he leaves at the end of the year. The guy has only been playing for a few years.

Got you and PB mixed up.

But I bet he's still a lottery pick.

One and done fo sho.

silver5liter 05-20-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9695291)
Got you and PB mixed up.

But I bet he's still a lottery pick.

One and done fo sho.

Im not sure yet. But I will say that he has been my favorite recruit, well until Wiggins. I agree that sky is the limit on the guy im just not sure he will be a one and done yet until I see how well he looks.

sedated 05-20-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Self will use every scholarship, he would rather get some JUCO transfer or unranked freshman and run them after a year than sit on a scholly. There are many examples of this.

So long as Self didnt promise playing time to Black, its a perfect situation. Fill out the roster with an experienced big that can play minutes early while the young pups grow, then be gone next year.

Pablo 05-20-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9695312)
Im not sure yet. But I will say that he has been my favorite recruit, well until Wiggins. I agree that sky is the limit on the guy im just not sure he will be a one and done yet until I see how well he looks.

All that really matters is he's 7'0 with unreal athleticism. NBA drafts on potential. All he has to do is show a little bit of it and he's a lottery pick.

the Talking Can 05-20-2013 05:50 PM

Self has brought in an epic class

Black is perfect as a veteran banger in the middle, we needed some muscle

next year will be a great one for college basketball

Prison Bitch 05-20-2013 05:58 PM

I suppose this prevents Duke from getting him so that's already a positive. I'm guessing he'll be better at C than Traylor would've been (I would guess he'd have started). Self was glowing about Lucas a couple months ago about how well he'd been practicing. This seems like an admission Lucas isn't ready.

I highly doubt Embiid starts at any point this year with this guy on board.

Ceej 05-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9695343)
I suppose this prevents Duke from getting him so that's already a positive. I'm guessing he'll be better at C than Traylor would've been (I would guess he'd have started). Self was glowing about Lucas a couple months ago about how well he'd been practicing. This seems like an admission Lucas isn't ready.

I highly doubt Embiid starts at any point this year with this guy on board.

You're full of some crazy assumptions.

Black provides something our young guys other than Jamari currently don't have.

Experience and physicality. He's going to be asked to come in defend, rebound and be physical.

Why anyone would ask why for a one year rental guy who has experience and size is beyond me.

Mr. Plow 05-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9695370)
You're full of some crazy assumptions.

Black provides something our young guys other than Jamari currently don't have.

Experience and physicality. He's going to be asked to come in defend, rebound and be physical.

Why anyone would ask why for a one year rental guy who has experience and size is beyond me.

Your post makes me believe that Self intends to redshirt Wiggins due to lack of experience.

Ceej 05-20-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9695394)
Your post makes me believe that Self intends to redshirt Wiggins due to lack of experience.

It was in re: to our post players.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-20-2013 07:37 PM

This team is so opposite of our Chiefs it's laughable.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-20-2013 07:44 PM

@b_greene14: We got Tarik? 👌yessir! Got a good feeling about this upcoming year... I'm ready for this grind

Practices are gonna be intense holy shit.

CoMoChief 05-20-2013 08:12 PM

This will be a VERY young team, with a much higher ceiling and MUCH MORE depth. Self once again has enough to run 10 guys next season.

Bigs
Ellis
Embiid
Black
Traylor

Wings
Wiggins
Seldon
Greene

Guards
Tharpe
Frankenkamp
Mason

Mr_Tomahawk 05-20-2013 08:17 PM

B12 Preseason Rankings:

1. KU
2. KU Scout Team
3. OSU
4. ...

Prison Bitch 05-20-2013 09:13 PM

I wouldn't take Okie lightly, they have some really good players with experience. They should be a top 10 team nationally.

Buehler445 05-20-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Didn't Roderick Stewart transfer in and ride the pine? Mario Little sat on the bench quite a bit too.

If black comes, I doubt he gets 40 minutes a night.

Mr. Laz 05-20-2013 09:28 PM

Just had Tarik to the Jayhawks on the local news as well.

Pants 05-20-2013 09:28 PM

Black is a very talented 5 fouls a game. No big deal.

Embiid, Black and Lucas at the 5 and Ellis with Traylor at the 4.

We have so many scoring options it's just ****ed up filthy. Ellis, Wiggins, Selden and Frankamp are going to be scoring like 100 ppg each!

Mr. Laz 05-20-2013 09:29 PM

Kansas Jayhawks Land Memphis Transfer Tarik Black
16 mins ago by Trevor Lowry

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...644_lowres.jpg
Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports

The good news keeps on coming for the Kansas Jayhawks. The Jayhawks just recently landed the No. 1 recruit in the nation in Andrew Wiggins and now Memphis transfer Tarik Black will be joining the team, according to ESPN.

Not to long ago, Kansas looked like it might have a down year, thanks to all of its starters no longer being on the team, but now the Jayhawks will likely be ranked in the top five to start the 2013-14 college basketball season.

Getting Wiggins was huge for this team and he should make an instant impact, since he is the No. 1 recruit in the nation and all. Black became a hot topic as well once he decided to transfer from Memphis. The best part about Black transferring is the fact that he will be able to play right away.

Black averaged 8.1 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game this past season. However, he only averaged 20.8 minutes per game, so he could definitely do some damage in the scoring and rebounding department with more time on the court.

Black stands at 6’9” and he will definitely be a big body that will help make the Jayhawks that much better in the paint.

Bill Self has done work as of late and if there was an offseason award for coaches, Self would definitely win it.

Kansas could easily be better than it was this past season with the additions of Black and Wiggins. It is definitely safe to say that it is a great time to be a Jayhawk, but that usually seems to be the case, considering that this team never seems to skip a beat.

Messier 05-20-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9695832)
This team is so opposite of our Chiefs it's laughable.

I know! Basketball, not pro, so many differences.

Prison Bitch 05-20-2013 09:34 PM

The words "down year" should never be used with "Bill Self". In his last 15 years I think he has 13 first place finishes in conference and like 2 seconds. Dude is just relentless.

Mr. Laz 05-20-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9696374)
are going to be scoring like 100 ppg each!

let's not get carried away ...

Self will either have a heart attack because of the poor defense if we HAVE to score 100 points

or

will clear the bench before we score 100 points

Pants 05-20-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9696402)
let's not get carried away ...

Self will either have a heart attack because of the poor defense if we HAVE to score 100 points

or

will clear the bench before we score 100 points

No, no, no! You misread. I said 100 ppg EACH. So it's more like 400 points total.

BWillie 05-21-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9696310)
I wouldn't take Okie lightly, they have some really good players with experience. They should be a top 10 team nationally.

Travis Ford.

Theee end.

Mr. Plow 05-21-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9696409)
No, no, no! You misread. I said 100 ppg EACH. So it's more like 400 points total.

And that's just the first half!

Ceej 05-21-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9696745)

PAAAAAAANTS!!!

WhitiE 05-21-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9696745)

ROFL

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-21-2013 07:44 AM

I see a new "Jayhawk rule" being implemented by the NCAA. If a team is leading by over 300 points at half time, game is ended early.

sedated 05-21-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9695343)
Self was glowing about Lucas a couple months ago about how well he'd been practicing. This seems like an admission Lucas isn't ready.

Lucas is a long-term prospect. Redshirt and prepare to make an impact in his junior and senior years.

See also: Travis Releford.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 09:05 AM

Black shot 44% from the FT line last year in over 100 attempts. Not good.

Ceej 05-21-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9696990)

Yeah. Don't care.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9697003)
Yeah. Don't care.

You don't give a flip about FT?

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-21-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9697022)

don't care about this schtick you have.

Ceej 05-21-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9697022)

In regards to Tarik, nope.

Al Czervik 05-21-2013 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9696990)

Good god....

saphojunkie 05-21-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9696871)
Lucas is a long-term prospect. Redshirt and prepare to make an impact in his junior and senior years.

See also: Travis Releford.

He already did redshirt. He's 6'10, stout, and isn't lacking for a drop of athleticism.

Foul trouble is going to be what dictates playing time for the bigs, if you ask me.

sedated 05-21-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697195)
He already did redshirt. He's 6'10, stout, and isn't lacking for a drop of athleticism.

Foul trouble is going to be what dictates playing time for the bigs, if you ask me.

Yes, yes he did. But that doesn't mean he will be ready in is (RS) freshman year.

Judging on Self's history we will only run 4 bigs, and one of those will get "Aldrich freshman year minutes" (5 or so per game, depending on foul trouble). IMHO its pretty clear those 4 will be Embiid, Ellis, Black, and Traylor.

Lucas is insurance if Embiid and Ellis both have monster years and bolt to the NBA, leaving us with only Traylor as a sure thing next year.

Mr. Laz 05-21-2013 11:36 AM

Tarik isn't going to be a guy that's in the game in the final minutes.

He is going to be the power enforcer type guy down low that throws his weight around.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9697292)
Tarik isn't going to be a guy that's in the game in the final minutes.

He is going to be the power enforcer type guy down low that throws his weight around.

You shoot FT all game long.

RustShack 05-21-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9696010)
B12 Preseason Rankings:

1. KU
2. KU Scout Team
3. OSU
4. ...

Iowa State will be right up there again.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-21-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9697251)
IMHO its pretty clear those 4 will be Embiid, Ellis, Black, and Traylor.

I honestly don't think it's as clear cut as this... Self stockpiles as much as possible... then plays who is doing the job the best. That doesn't mean the best player, necessarily - as we've seen in the past. He's given significant minutes to walk-ons in situations where you had obviously more talented players on the bench. Whether he's trying to get an individual to buy in that hasn't... whether he's rewarding players he feels earned it... or a combination of both... He has done it in multiple situations. It's why guys like Ellis ride the pine early in a Freshman season having been a High-School All-American

That's why he has 7 bigs on the roster.. if he feels Wesley gives a better effort than Lucas or Black in the now.. he'll play Wesley... I don't think there is any "clear" vision into the future rotation at this point, to be honest.