ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

007 10-07-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell (Post 10988089)
I'm out of town next weekend but should be around some most of this week (and when I get time on other weekends).

Just look for Smelcolm Black and I'm happy to help you (or anyone else here) regulate.

are you on Xbone or PS4? I'm not finding that name on PSN.

kcxiv 10-07-2014 01:36 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MtiTH1jqLy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

big glitch i seen on another forum.

Valiant 10-07-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10990752)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MtiTH1jqLy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

big glitch i seen on another forum.

You know. I think that is a legit glitch. You should be able to knock him off.

Of course I am sure they will see this and take knockback on him out.

Chest Rockwell 10-07-2014 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10990728)
are you on Xbone or PS4? I'm not finding that name on PSN.

PS4.

I can't remember if there's an underscore or not (Smelcolm_Black) but I don't think so.

*Edit: looks like there probably is

007 10-07-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell (Post 10990776)
PS4.

I can't remember if there's an underscore or not (Smelcolm_Black) but I don't think so.

*Edit: looks like there probably is

got it.

jiveturkey 10-07-2014 06:53 AM

Definitely a legitimate glitch.

A well place grenade will blow the tiny bosses off the map on Dust Palace.

Quesadilla Joe 10-07-2014 09:22 AM

Just got the Vex Mythoclast and this gun is absolutely ridiculous in Crucible. I honestly feel guilty using this thing in PVP.

Mother****erJones 10-07-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10991103)
Just got the Vex Mythoclast and this gun is absolutely ridiculous in Crucible. I honestly feel guilty using this thing in PVP.

How did you get it?

And I've knocked a boss off dust palace and they came back

Quesadilla Joe 10-07-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10991361)
How did you get it?

You have to beat the raid on hard mode

Mav 10-08-2014 04:24 AM

Got my first piece of raid armor! Got greavez

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10992745)
You have to beat the raid on hard mode

What makes it more difficult other than having lvl 30 bad guys?

Valiant 10-08-2014 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10991361)
How did you get it?

And I've knocked a boss off dust palace and they came back

They will be nerfing the living hell out of that gun soon. So if you are going for it, do it quick.

Quesadilla Joe 10-08-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10993637)
What makes it more difficult other than having lvl 30 bad guys?

What makes it hard is not being able to be revived if you go down. Having a couple Warlock's with self revive is essential, and even then the level 30 Pretorians and snipers are really hard to deal with.

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10993671)
What makes it hard is not being able to be revived if you go down. Having a couple Warlock's with self revive is essential, and even then the level 30 Pretorians and snipers are really hard to deal with.

Shit! :eek:

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 09:20 AM

I need to run this raid on hard tonight if anyone wants to. You want to Herpe?

keg in kc 10-08-2014 09:49 AM

I wonder if I'll ever run the raid.

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10993973)
I wonder if I'll ever run the raid.

Are you just looking for a group? We're usually looking for 1 or 2 more.

We already knocked it out this week but will likely run it again next week.

keg in kc 10-08-2014 12:36 PM

I'm a bit antisocial... Haven't even tried yet. Sure I will eventually. Not in a big rush, only started doing stuff like nightfall strikes last week.

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 12:38 PM

This weeks nightfall strike is tough. Anyone beat it?

keg in kc 10-08-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10994396)

Yeah. You can basically snipe the entire thing. Each time you enter a new area just stop for a minute and wait. Vex and fallen will literally clear each other out. In the room with the ketch just run back towards where you entered once you start the ghost door opening sequence. High up there's a rock you can hide behind to take out everything safely. Only thing you really have to worry about is hobgoblins. They can kill you really fast so stay covered and get them first. After that don't rush through on a pike but rather take them all out from range. You can clear out everything without taking fire. Then after you clear out the archon priest area once you activate him you can hide safely under the platform to the right of the egg shaped thing he gets out of. Basically just jump on the rock at the left corner of it, crouch and crawl under. As long as you stay in the back or under the stairs you're mostly safe. Basically just kill any of the adds that pester you - be careful of captains - and when you can lay into the archon priest with whatever special and heavy you have. Headshots with sniper rifle when I could and then machine gunning his legs and body when I couldn't seemed to work well.

Yeah, it's cheese, but that's nightfall...

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 01:19 PM

A buddy and I cheesed the nightfall. It's out Tuesday priority due to the XP bonus you get the rest of the week.

He went under the platform and I stayed on the cliff when you first enter. The bad guys would harass him and I'd fire rockets or snipe from the far side of the map. Having an primary that does solar burn helped a lot too.

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 01:27 PM

Ya I've sniped with my ice breaker what a ****ing beast of a sniper. Only issue is shanks while trying to light up the Archon Priest

jiveturkey 10-08-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10994384)
I'm a bit antisocial... Haven't even tried yet. Sure I will eventually. Not in a big rush, only started doing stuff like nightfall strikes last week.

It's basically become an hour and half of jackassery at this point. One guy on our team always get loot screwed and that's 90% of the reason why I like to do raids. Listening to him blow his lid.

It's worth it though. I'm pretty much 90% purple and yellow on my weapons now and I recently got my first piece of raid gear. It's thoroughly satisfying every time I beat it.

Mother****erJones 10-08-2014 02:38 PM

I've gotten a scout rifle, ton of shards/energys, and boot armor and chest armor

keg in kc 10-08-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10994613)
It's basically become an hour and half of jackassery at this point. One guy on our team always get loot screwed and that's 90% of the reason why I like to do raids. Listening to him blow his lid.

It's worth it though. I'm pretty much 90% purple and yellow on my weapons now and I recently got my first piece of raid gear. It's thoroughly satisfying every time I beat it.

I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Comfortable enough with my gear that I'm spending 175 vanguard marks on a sparrow this week, assuming xur has the exhaust shader I want (blue). Surus and hard light exotic primaries with a variety of purples, pocket infinity special and at least one Supremacy of every damage type, super good advice when I want a machine gun and unfriendly giant when I don't. Need to work on some more purple heavies but blues work fine if there's an arc burn. Armor wise my warlock (28) and Hunter (27) both have a mix of exotic and purple armors tailored to specific weapon types (tho still working on this). No exotic armor yet on my titan (26) and he'll be sporting blue boots until his fwc rep hits rank 2.

Mav 10-09-2014 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10994396)

It's not tough at all.

Hide under the stairs.

CanadianChief 10-09-2014 06:36 AM

Finished it yesterday. One guy hid under the stairs. The second in the opening where you come down the rocky hill. I stayed further up the hill to revive the guy shooting at the boss.

We all got some exotic gear for completing it.

keg in kc 10-09-2014 01:12 PM

So since I have the Thorn bounty and Iron Banner is running, I thought today would be a fine time to jump into the crucible. Start getting those kill points, get crucible rep, get iron banner rep. Kill three birds with one stone!

I was just as hilariously bad as I thought I would be. ROFL

Mother****erJones 10-09-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10995896)
It's not tough at all.

Hide under the stairs.

It is tough unless you do it the cheap way is how I did it

Mav 10-09-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10996754)
It is tough unless you do it the cheap way is how I did it

More like hard as shit is you do it the right way lmao.

Mother****erJones 10-09-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10996937)
More like hard as shit is you do it the right way lmao.

Ya no kidding lol. I originally was gona run to where you first jump down and take cover but wasn't gona happen

Mav 10-09-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10998701)
Ya no kidding lol. I originally was gona run to where you first jump down and take cover but wasn't gona happen

I have a 29..... I still die a crap ton

Mav 10-10-2014 04:28 AM

Beat the raid on hard. Got the vex mythoclast......

This is love

Aspengc8 10-10-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10998835)
Beat the raid on hard. Got the vex mythoclast......

This is love

Prepare for nerf-bat incoming..

keg in kc 10-10-2014 07:49 AM

Basically everything I want is on xur today. Icebreaker and Voidfang Vestments and Helm of Innermost Light.

Mav 10-10-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10998911)
Prepare for nerf-bat incoming..

Shrugs. I only use it for pve.....

Mav 10-10-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10998942)
Basically everything I want is on xur today. Icebreaker and Voidfang Vestments and Helm of Innermost Light.

I partook in the ice breaker.

Quesadilla Joe 10-10-2014 09:31 AM

I'm 100 spinmetal away from getting to rank 30. Got all of the raid gear in back to back hard mode runs. I accidentally deleted my raid boots a few days ago and then last night I got them back plus the helmet.

Quesadilla Joe 10-10-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10998942)

I like Voidfang Vestments a lot in PVP, always having a grenade on respawn is really useful. But there is no way in hell I'm taking off my Heart of Praxis Fire in PVE. The extra ammo for Fusion Rifles and Heavy Weapons is just too good, especially since the Vex Mythoclast is classified as a Fusion Rifle and it gets an ammo buff from that chest piece too.

keg in kc 10-10-2014 12:28 PM

I also have a praxic fire. Been trying to get a voidwalker exotic for a couple weeks...

DanBecky 10-10-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10999100)
I'm 100 spinmetal away from getting to rank 30. Got all of the raid gear in back to back hard mode runs. I accidentally deleted my raid boots a few days ago and then last night I got them back plus the helmet.

Question, do you get rewards after every raid completion in the same week? Or do you have to wait for the reset every Tuesday to get rewards?

Quesadilla Joe 10-10-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 11000640)
Question, do you get rewards after every raid completion in the same week? Or do you have to wait for the reset every Tuesday to get rewards?

Yep you can only get rewards once a week on each difficulty. What a lot of people are doing is creating another character so they can run it two or three times in a week. I have two Warlocks that I share gear with to run the raid.

Mav 10-11-2014 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11001947)
Yep you can only get rewards once a week on each difficulty. What a lot of people are doing is creating another character so they can run it two or three times in a week. I have two Warlocks that I share gear with to run the raid.

Ditto. Titan.. did the weekly night fall. Got an exotic scout.

Valiant 10-11-2014 07:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odr-G7qGtv8

antheon, soloed(no fireteam) on hard by a warlock in under 47seconds.

Warlocks, use it while you can.

Quesadilla Joe 10-11-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11003527)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odr-G7qGtv8

antheon, soloed(no fireteam) on hard by a warlock in under 47seconds.

Warlocks, use it while you can.

eh

The Atheon fight is the easiest part of that entire section. Killing the two Gatekeepers in the portal and then defending the spire is way more challenging than the Atheon part.

Mother****erJones 10-11-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11001947)

But you only get stuff from the chests once per week.

Mother****erJones 10-11-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11003608)
eh

The Atheon fight is the easiest part of that entire section. Killing the two Gatekeepers in the portal and then defending the spire is way more challenging than the Atheon part.

Agreed. We just shoot the **** out of Atheon and at 3 seconds I put up my Titan shield so they all can get back to the portal. Rinse repeat

Mother****erJones 10-11-2014 09:52 AM

Herpe help me do the raid on hard please?

Quesadilla Joe 10-12-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11003729)
Herpe help me do the raid on hard please?

What's your PSN name?

I run it with the same group every week and there is rarely an extra spot, but we sometimes do need one more person every now and then so I can try to get you in then.

CanadianChief 10-12-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11007497)
What's your PSN name?

I run it with the same group every week and there is rarely an extra spot, but we sometimes do need one more person every now and then so I can try to get you in then.

I'm down for doing the raid if anyone ever needs an extra guy. I'm on PS4 (theXfactor82).

Mother****erJones 10-12-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11007497)
What's your PSN name?

Betelgeuse-123

Quesadilla Joe 10-14-2014 01:31 PM

Welp it didn't take them long to nerf the Mythoclast... :(

Valiant 10-14-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11013559)
Welp it didn't take them long to nerf the Mythoclast... :(

They are quick to fix those things.

Not so quick to fix things players want.

Personally, they need to separate pvp and pve. Add resilience if you will. And have brackets for the crucible.

Mother****erJones 10-15-2014 07:43 AM

That gun is such BS on crucible I'm glad. It made players who weren't good think they were

Quesadilla Joe 10-15-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11016804)
That gun is such BS on crucible I'm glad. It made players who weren't good think they were

Nobody is good in the Crucible. All anybody does is shotgun melee because every other weapon has a RIDICULOUSLY slow time to kill.

Mother****erJones 10-15-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11016856)
Nobody is good in the Crucible. All anybody does is shotgun melee because every other weapon has a RIDICULOUSLY slow time to kill.

I use the surous auto. It's pretty good at a distance.

jiveturkey 10-16-2014 06:54 AM

I'm also a Suro's guy. If they get close I engage Titan sprint and shoulder charge them. I'm terrible with a shotgun and don't even keep them in my inventory. I have a lot of respect for the people that slide into me and blast my face off. That's a great move.

Now I wouldn't say that I'm good in the Crucible but when I'm not focused on bounties I can hold my own. Sometimes I dominate, other times I'm in the bottom half.

Playing Skirmish with 2 other friends is a blast that results in embarrassing defeat for the poor bastards on the other team. Last night I went 15-2 and one of my teammates went 11-1. That's a quick way to knock out the 3 wins bounty and load up on Crucible marks.

jiveturkey 10-16-2014 06:58 AM

I've tried the raid on hard a couple of times now, what a pain in the ass.

I can get through regular with just a death or two in the important parts. I'm dying at the cliff jump and usually on the way down to the Gorgons a couple of times just because of poorly timed jet spurts. Even with this level of awesomeness I can't get past the Templar on hard. With one more piece of raid gear (gauntlets) I can hit 30 and I believe that the difficulty will easy up a bit. On regular I'm taking down most things with one shot from my hand cannon. I really want to beat this damn thing.

dtforever 10-16-2014 11:51 PM

Hey all, I have been playing this game for several weeks now (Level 27 Hunter). I am looking for some other PS4 guys to hook up with for raids and such. Hit me up with a friend request. All my friends suck and don't play video games. I feel like I am missing out on much more that this game has to offer.

PSN = dtforever32

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtforever (Post 11023150)
Hey all, I have been playing this game for several weeks now (Level 27 Hunter). I am looking for some other PS4 guys to hook up with for raids and such. Hit me up with a friend request. All my friends suck and don't play video games. I feel like I am missing out on much more that this game has to offer.

PSN = dtforever32

I'll add you later today. My PSN name is thexfactor82.

I've got two other buddies that I play with regularly on a fireteam. We are all level 28 (two Warlocks and one Hunter). We would still need two other guys. I haven't tried the raid before so it would be nice to have someone who has done it so it doesn't take us forever to complete.

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11023435)

I've got two other buddies that I play with regularly on a fireteam. We are all level 28 (two Warlocks and one Hunter). We would still need two other guys. I haven't tried the raid before so it would be nice to have someone who has done it so it doesn't take us forever to complete.

I might be able to help. I've done it a handful of times and I'm usually on with at least 1 or 3 others. Just keep an eye on the roster when you're ready to roll some time.

PSN - hnosaj2 (we're already buddies).

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 09:56 AM

Raid advice #1 - max out any void weapons you have to help take out Minotaurs/Praetorians. A maxed out Legendary or Exotic hand cannon is ideal for pretty much everything else. Some people prefer auto riffles, either works.

dtforever 10-17-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11023435)

Cool. I have actually done the Raid once, but it was with some guy who random friended me. We got to the end but couldn't finish and everyone bailed. I am looking for a group that I can play on a regular basis with.

dtforever 10-17-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11023635)
I might be able to help. I've done it a handful of times and I'm usually on with at least 1 or 3 others. Just keep an eye on the roster when you're ready to roll some time.

Mind if I add you?

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtforever (Post 11023731)
Mind if I add you?

Please do.

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11023635)

Will do. Thanks.

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11023655)
Raid advice #1 - max out any void weapons you have to help take out Minotaurs/Praetorians. A maxed out Legendary or Exotic hand cannon is ideal for pretty much everything else. Some people prefer auto riffles, either works.

Just bought The Truth today. Can't wait to use this bad boy.

jiveturkey 10-17-2014 04:31 PM

One of my friends just told me he hasn't raided this week so we're looking at doing one later this evening. I believe that the current team is just 3 so we'll have room for rookies. I have dinner plans so maybe 9 or 10.

If you're interested shoot me a PM or a message through PSN. I get them on my phone.

And I want that launcher. I have a legendary and exotic but both do solar damage. I just need one more strange coin before calamari face leaves.

CanadianChief 10-17-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11024357)
One of my friends just told me he hasn't raided this week so we're looking at doing one later this evening. I believe that the current team is just 3 so we'll have room for rookies. I have dinner plans so maybe 9 or 10.

If you're interested shoot me a PM or a message through PSN. I get them on my phone.

And I want that launcher. I have a legendary and exotic but both do solar damage. I just need one more strange coin before calamari face leaves.

Crap I missed the raid tonight. Damn Jets vs Preds game!!! Let me know if you guys are going again either tomorrow night or Sunday night. I'm usually good after 8pm CST.

Quesadilla Joe 10-18-2014 02:47 AM

The Atheon glitch is getting patched in the next update. They are also completely randomizing who gets teleported during the Atheon fight so everyone in the group has to know how to do every role.

jiveturkey 10-18-2014 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11025069)
The Atheon glitch is getting patched in the next update. They are also completely randomizing who gets teleported during the Atheon fight so everyone in the group has to know how to do every role.

The randomizer plan is a bad one.

jiveturkey 10-18-2014 06:55 AM

dt is good to go in a raid. During Templar we had the right side locked down.

Sorry about the slap happy teenagers. They're good fighters but after a certain time they turn into gremlins.

Mav 10-18-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11025069)

I wonder how that's going to work. He is still going to try to avoid the nova bomb. My group has gotten so good that we all manage to chuck grenades at his feet causing him to fall off.

It's cool. Destiny is about to lose a shit ton of it's fan base when 11-11 hits.

007 10-18-2014 08:45 PM

don't tell me. 11/11 must be call of duty day. I pretty much vowed to never spend another dime on their crap.

Third Eye 10-18-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11026444)
don't tell me. 11/11 must be call of duty day. I pretty much vowed to never spend another dime on their crap.

Ditto. The last COD I enjoyed was Black Ops. I could stomach MW3, but I wasn't thrilled with it. I haven't bought one since then. I did get ghosts as a gift, but I didn't spend much time with it before trading it in.

keg in kc 10-18-2014 10:19 PM

And then people will come back in december, since so many already have expansion passes.

Valiant 10-19-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11026511)
Ditto. The last COD I enjoyed was Black Ops. I could stomach MW3, but I wasn't thrilled with it. I haven't bought one since then. I did get ghosts as a gift, but I didn't spend much time with it before trading it in.

I am getting it just because I was bored with Destiny and the worst pvp system ever.

The new COD looks interesting. Throwback to old pvp with the jumping like UT and Quake. Also, they are giving a huge amount of multiplayer maps at launch 13, 14 with preorder. And a shit ton of weapons with customization variants.

I am hoping, praying it is at least in the mw2/mw3/bo region of fun.

DanBecky 10-19-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11026444)

I think 11/11 is the Master Chief Collection. COD:AW is the week before if I'm not mistaken.

007 10-19-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 11026804)
I think 11/11 is the Master Chief Collection. COD:AW is the week before if I'm not mistaken.

they are making a Master Chief collection? JFC does either console want to put any brand new and original titles out there?

007 10-19-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11026887)
they are making a Master Chief collection? JFC does either console want to put any brand new and original titles out there?

this first year of the NEXT GEN has been highly disappointing.

EDIT didn't mean to quote myself but oh well. LMAO