ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** Official Blow4Barkley**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263924)

Titty Meat 11-20-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9136617)
Wilson will shine at the combine and start climbing draft boards big time.

Yup been saying that for awhile now. Good size, great arm, and produced vs a tough level of competition.

Titty Meat 11-20-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9136003)
Where does this come from??

He called out his team earlier this year.

ToxSocks 11-20-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9136795)
That's the thing that's so frustrating about this QB class. It's not a bad class at all. In fact, I think time will show it to be a very good one. But it's as uncertain a class as we've seen in awhile.

I think there will be 3 or 4 long-term NFL starters to come out of this class. I think you have 6 guys (off the top of my head) that for varying reasons could be a successful NFL QB. Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Murray, Jones and Manuel could all stick. If Bray comes out, he's up there with the top of the class.

Those guys are all defensible 1st or 2nd day picks, IMO. And 1/2 of them will succeed.

But I'd be lying if I swore I knew which half. Smith seems to be the best bet, but he's not Luck. He's probably not Griffin. He's a lottery ticket. We'd be insane not to take him, but there's probably a fair chance that 2 or 3 teams drafting QBs after us get guys that have a better NFL career.

It's a scout's draft all the way.

And if that doesn't terrify some of you, it should. The present scouting department (Pioli and his merry band of sycophants) is truly crap.

Hrmmm....Murray is a guy we don't talk about on here but maybe we should. What if he does come out? Man, that would really muddy things up.

suds79 11-20-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9137002)
Yup been saying that for awhile now. Good size, great arm, and produced vs a tough level of competition.

I don't know why he doesn't get more love around here.

Seems like for most people it's either Barkley or Smith.

Wilson should be right in that mix with those two IMO. He doesn't have the weapons the other two have and has done it in the SEC among a train wreck program.

warrior 11-20-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9136617)
Wilson will shine at the combine and start climbing draft boards big time.

I agree

htismaqe 11-20-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9137147)
I don't know why he doesn't get more love around here.

Seems like for most people it's either Barkley or Smith.

Wilson should be right in that mix with those two IMO. He doesn't have the weapons the other two have and has done it in the SEC among a train wreck program.

Wilson is my 1b after Smith. I have Barkley below both.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9137097)
Hrmmm....Murray is a guy we don't talk about on here but maybe we should. What if he does come out? Man, that would really muddy things up.

Short and with a marginal arm.

He's a less polished, shorter version of Barkley. From what I've seen he is very much a rhythm passer. He can get on rolls and when he is, he's dangerous. But he also seems to go into funks.

I like Murray quite a bit, but he does appear to have some physical limitations that may prevent him from really becoming an above average QB.

He's not a top 20 pick, but you could do worse than him in the 2nd.

bowener 11-20-2012 04:20 PM

probably a repost, butTony Dungy thinks Murray is QB for Chiefs.

“@CoachCox8100: @TonyDungy who should chiefs take with first or 2nd pick in the draft?” I would take Georgia QB Aaron Murray if he comes out

RunKC 11-20-2012 06:05 PM

Matt Barkley is a FRAUD.

Arm talent
Barkley is a classic drop-back passer with sound throwing mechanics and a smooth delivery. He shows a compact windup and an over-the-top throwing motion with a quick release. Barkley displays good (but not great) arm strength on intermediate and deep throws. Although his balls tend to flutter on out-breaking routes that are longer than 15 yards, he shows adequate zip and velocity on his throws. Barkley can certainly fit balls into tight windows on intermediate throws inside the numbers, but he lacks the overpowering arm strength to complete the deep comeback from the opposite hash on a rope against tight coverage. The exceptional speed and quickness of NFL defensive backs will result in break-ups or interceptions, unless Barkley shows extraordinary timing and anticipation, releasing the ball well before the receiver comes out of his break.

On deep throws, Barkley shows a 50-to-55-yard throwing range. He has routinely connected with Lee and Nelson Agholor on vertical routes down the field. While most of those completions have resulted from his exceptional timing and anticipation, Barkley has shown the arm strength to throw the ball over the top of the defense when defenders squat on routes. This was particularly evident against Oregon on Nov. 3, when he connected on 75- and 76-yard touchdowns on deep post routes to Lee and Agholor, respectively. In my mind, these throws certainly squelched some of the concern about his deep-ball ability. However, the fallout from "Inflate Gate" (a USC ball boy was reprimanded following that game for deflating footballs, which he later admitted to doing; the use of underinflated balls makes it easier for quarterbacks to throw the ball down the field with greater zip and velocity) could alter that opinion.

With the arm talent to make most of the throws at the next level, Barkley shouldn't have a problem succeeding as a starting quarterback, if he plays to his strengths.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rback-prospect

ChiefsCountry 11-20-2012 06:06 PM

Ahh Bucky Brooks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 11-20-2012 06:16 PM

The same Bucky Brooks who picked the Chiefs to win the West.

BigMeatballDave 11-20-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9137211)

“@CoachCox8100: @TonyDungy who should chiefs take with first or 2nd pick in the draft?” I would take Georgia QB Aaron Murray if he comes out

:shake:

BigMeatballDave 11-20-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9137002)

Off the Barkley bandwagon already?

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-20-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8iYcLu3rfOg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 11-20-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9137527)
The same Bucky Brooks who picked the Chiefs to win the West.

Bucky Brooks has nothing to do with Ballgate. Barkley had his best game with his best throws against against Oregon...with deflated footballs.

That arm strength is gonna be exposed now.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 06:45 PM

Murray won't declare

Titty Meat 11-20-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9137562)
Bucky Brooks has nothing to do with Ballgate. Barkley had his best game with his best throws against against Oregon...with deflated footballs.

That arm strength is gonna be exposed now.

What's his excuse for last years great performances and whats yours for being a dumbass?

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2012 09:00 PM

Pass on every QB the next 3 years and wait for Manziel herpateederp.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9137952)
Pass on every QB the next 3 years and wait for Manziel herpateederp.

That seems to be what people are saying.

Stunningly reeruned, isn't it?

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9137955)
That seems to be what people are saying.

Stunningly reeruned, isn't it?

But, but, but the FLAWS. Dey know Luck!!!!!! Cassel can hold the fort down for another couple seasons!!!

DeezNutz 11-20-2012 09:07 PM

'12 (spring): Redskins gave up too much for RGIII.
'12 (late fall): There's no one as talented as RGIII in this draft. /True Fans

RealSNR 11-20-2012 09:10 PM

Spring '12: I'd draft Ryan Tannehill at 15 or later, but not at 11. Dolphins don't know what the **** they're doing. We should just wait until next year when Matt Barkley is there.

Fall '12: I'd draft Matt Barkley at 10 or later, but not at 1 overall. Dude's not worth it. We should just wait until next year when Tyler Bray is there.

Chiefnj2 11-20-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9137018)
He called out his team earlier this year.

Here was his full quote. Nothing wrong with it (IMO) when your team suffers its worse home defeat in 30 years:
“I’ll start with the football game. First of all, it wasn’t very pretty to watch. It wasn’t pretty to sit on the sideline and watch as a player, it sucks I can’t do anything about it. Do I feel that we, at times, gave up out there? Absolutely. As a leader it sucks to see people not do their jobs and to see things go wrong, there has been a lot of things go that way. As a leader, at this point you have to look forward. There has been a lot of people jump off of the bandwagon and it is my job to keep everyone in this organization and this team in that locker room together. I am going to make sure of it going forward. We’ve got a big game against Rutgers next week. I am going to do everything in my power to be a part of it and be the starting quarterback when we run out onto the field. And most importantly, get a win. You have to start with one before you can get the rest of them. I give you my word, I am going to do the best I can to make that happen.”

the Talking Can 11-20-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

if i wake up one morning to find that - after waiting 30 years - we drafted Aaron Murray, I will kill myself...i mean really - for real - like no ****ing joke i will off myself...

the Talking Can 11-20-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9137970)
'12 (spring): Redskins gave up too much for RGIII.
'12 (late fall): There's no one as talented as RGIII in this draft. /True Fans

correct

also with a dash of
"i will never root for us to lose"
followed by
"we should have lost last year"

ILChief 11-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9137590)
Murray won't declare

I hope not. I'd rather have any of the other three

Mr_Tomahawk 11-25-2012 10:47 AM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
If Bray does declare, as I'm being told he will, would be my No. 3 QB right now behind Geno Smith & Tyler Wilson. Lot of potential, big arm

God Barkley sucks....no wonder he stayed in school for 4 years.

LMAO

RunKC 12-10-2012 10:56 PM

Scott Wright does his first scouting report. Compares him to Andy Dalton. I think that's pretty spot on.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...tt-Barkley.php

Strengths:
• Accurate with impressive touch, timing and anticipation
• Technically sound with refined mechanics and footwork
• Able to read coverages and work through progressions
• Cool, calm and collected with superb pocket presence
• Shows ability to slide and maneuver within the pocket
• Accustomed to working under center in pro style system
• Outstanding intelligence with extremely high football IQ
• Excellent feel, awareness and understanding of game
• Mature, hard working and is a respected team leader
• A ton of experience against high-quality competition

Weaknesses:
• Adequate height but shorter than the prototype
• Lacks the arm strength to drive balls downfield
• Struggles when throwing deep / vertical routes
• Not a great athlete and won't be a threat to run
• Deficiencies masked by talented supporting cast
• May not be a good fit for every system or team
• Shaky pedigree (Leinart, Cassel, Booty, Sanchez)
• Durability concerns after multiple minor ailments

Injury History:
• Missed one game in 2009 with a bruised right shoulder
• Missed some action with a sprained right ankle in 2010
• Underwent surgery on right wrist after the 2010 season
• Missed one game in 2012 with a sprained right shoulder

Notes:
A four-year starter for the Trojans --- Became the first three-time team captain in USC history --- Attended Mater Dei High School (CA), whose alums also include John Huarte, Todd Marinovich, Matt Leinart and Colt Brennan --- A coveted and highly-decorated prep recruit who was named the 2007 Gatorade National Player of the Year --- One of the most prolific passers in Southern Cal history and name is plastered all over the programs record books --- Recipient of the 2012 Wuerffel Trophy, which honors exemplary community service with athletic and academic achievement --- Devout Christian who has spent time in both Haiti and Nigeria building homes, distributing supplies and helping those in need --- Would most likely have been a Top 10 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft but opted to stay in school --- Was never the elite, franchise quarterback prospect that some made him out to be and a number of flaws were exposed during a very disappointing senior campaign --- Best fit may come in a West Coast Offense --- A polished signal caller who compensates for average physical tools with fantastic intangibles and profiles as a starter at next level in the right situation.

NFL Player Comparison: Andy Dalton

Hammock Parties 12-10-2012 10:57 PM

Andy Dalton has a much stronger arm than Barkley.

In58men 12-10-2012 11:11 PM

Yeah Dalton has a cannon for an arm.

ROYC75 12-10-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9134268)
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1495379/barkley.gif

66 yards in air and not a rainbow (Clay)

From the 9 to the 31 is 60 yards. Even at that, 60 yards is not bad. I will say this I not being a Barkley supporter, this is the 1st time I have seen this play. But it changes nothing of how I feel about Barkley. That 60 yards is not always going to be there on each deep throw, nor is a WR going to be so open that he has the time to slow down and adjust the route to haul it in.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-27-2012 09:10 PM

Matthew Barkley ‏@MattBarkley
Doctors haven’t cleared me to play, so I won’t be suiting up on Saturday. I’ll be here with my team to finish strong. Proud to be a Trojan!

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8926667)
Get Chemo for Geno?

NAILED IT

RealSNR 12-27-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9244782)
Matthew Barkley ‏@MattBarkley
Doctors haven’t cleared me to play, so I won’t be suiting up on Saturday. I’ll be here with my team to finish strong. Proud to be a Trojan!

Ooof. You might have been able to Sam Bradford yourself into the top spot in 2010, Matty.

Not this year. Sorry.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-28-2012 09:01 AM

Hey look: It's the Barkley Blows thread!

AussieChiefsFan 12-28-2012 09:01 AM

^LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-28-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9245554)
^LMAO

Time to unsubscribe, me thinks!

ChiefsCountry 12-29-2012 06:15 PM

So anybody want to hop back on this bandwagon? I kept the seats warmed for alot of you. :)

Stad 12-29-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9249728)
So anybody want to hop back on this bandwagon? I kept the seats warmed for alot of you. :)

Nope.

OnTheWarpath15 12-29-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

In all fairness, I just want to see us finally take a shot at a QB.

I'd prefer Geno, but if it were Wilson or Barkley, I'd be OK with it.

NJChiefsFan 12-29-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9249798)

I could live with Wilson, but outside of those two I am going to be disappointed.

SAUTO 12-29-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

I'm in this boat too.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry 12-29-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Same as me. I'd prefer Barkely. But I would be tickled to death with Geno or Tyler Wilson.

ROYC75 12-29-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

:grr: :shake: :banghead: :cuss: :bang: %(/ :Lin:

Get the point.

Chiefnj2 12-29-2012 07:38 PM

The good thing about Barkley is that you can trade back to accumulate some picks and still grab him. That way you can horde picks for the 2015 draft when you have to take another first round QB.

htismaqe 12-29-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

This.

I just don't want to end up with Glennon or Landry Jones.

BigMeatballDave 12-29-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9249972)
The good thing about Barkley is that you can trade back to accumulate some picks and still grab him. That way you can horde picks for the 2015 draft when you have to take another first round QB.

:spock:

Bowser 12-29-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9250168)
This.

I just don't want to end up with Glennon or Landry Jones.

Yeah, at all.

Barkley is pretty high on that list for me as well, truth be told. If we take him, I won't necessarily hate it, but he's going to have to prove it to me.

USC QB's have elite talent around them at literally every position they're on the field with, every play. Not saying they suck, per se, just that they won't have the luxury of playing a schedule that is full of lesser talent in the NFL where everyone is just a few degrees from each other (with a few notable exceptions every year).

In58men 12-29-2012 09:04 PM

Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks

Chiefnj2 12-29-2012 09:04 PM

I'm disappointed that Barkley is wussing out of the bowl game.

htismaqe 12-29-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9250206)
Yeah, at all.

Barkley is pretty high on that list for me as well, truth be told. If we take him, I won't necessarily hate it, but he's going to have to prove it to me.

USC QB's have elite talent around them at literally every position they're on the field with, every play. Not saying they suck, per se, just that they won't have the luxury of playing a schedule that is full of lesser talent in the NFL where everyone is just a few degrees from each other (with a few notable exceptions every year).

I think Barkley could be pretty good in the WCO. And I think he could have more success early than some of the others.

In58men 12-29-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9250213)
Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks Barkley sucks

This

BigMeatballDave 12-29-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9250215)
I'm disappointed that Barkley is wussing out of the bowl game.

Wussing? He has his entire pro career ahead of him to consider.

Chiefnj2 12-29-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9250230)
Wussing? He has his entire pro career ahead of him to consider.

He returned his senior year to win a national championship. Oh well.

BossChief 12-30-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9250217)
I think Barkley could be pretty good in the WCO. And I think he could have more success early than some of the others.

Give me Andy Reid and Barkley. I'd be happy.

Geno and Cowher, Arians or Shannahan...I'm high giving everyone and sleeping well that night.

I am on record saying I would be happy with ANY quarterback they decide to draft...so long as they draft him in the first round...but it would be cool if Geno was that guy.

L.A. Chieffan 12-30-2012 12:26 AM

Barkley sucks but he's still better than Geno .

Give me Cousins

ROYC75 12-30-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9250217)

IMHO, it's the only offense I think he could do well in, the others I just think he will be a Matt Cassel, have a few games here and there and suck the rest of the time.

Early success? As you stated , in the WCO.

Just say NO to another QB named Matt !

ROYC75 12-30-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9250617)

Give me Cousins

You're not put together properly! Are you missing something upstairs ?

Watch and Learn young'n.

Lex Luthor 12-30-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Give me Cousins

Unfortunately, you have ZERO credibility around here, which means nobody cares what your opinion is. Your love affair with Matt Cassel took care of that.

Crush 12-30-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Give me Cousins

You are currently the 1994 Hulk Hogan of trolls. Your shit is no longer being bought.

L.A. Chieffan 12-30-2012 12:37 AM

No qb is worth shit in this draft. No matter how hard you want it to be it just aint happening. This is the 2009 draft all over again.

007 12-30-2012 12:42 AM

We have to have that stud LB Teo.

BossChief 12-30-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9250623)
Unfortunately, you have ZERO credibility around here, which means nobody cares what your opinion is. Your love affair with Matt Cassel took care of that.

Your no brainiac.

Crush 12-30-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9250623)

Spoiler!

L.A. Chieffan 12-30-2012 12:49 AM

2002 draft class looks like a bunch of HOFs compared to this shit fest

ChiefsCountry 12-30-2012 01:15 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7U1dIfiKrQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nightfyre 12-30-2012 01:21 AM

I think Barkley looked better under Carroll than he ever did under Kiffin. It's like he regressed after Carroll left.

ChiefsCountry 12-30-2012 01:30 AM

Rock solid interview.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/atK5te-BwNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

silver5liter 12-30-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9250631)
Spoiler!

WHAT A TWIST

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-31-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Not a ****ing chance.:)

Rasputin 12-31-2012 12:38 PM

I think Barkley would be great but my heart is set on Geno Smith right now.

TRR 12-31-2012 12:51 PM

I would have zero issues with KC taking Matt Barkley #1 overall. I could care less about past USC Quarterbacks, or if he measures 6'0/6'1/6'5 at the combine. Barkley is the posterchild for what the media does to a good player that stays in college too long. He was easily in the discussion with Luck and RGIII last year, and I feel the Redskins would have had a tough time choosing between the two. I think the draft last year goes Luck, RGIII and a trade-up for Matt Barkley at three. Unfortunately, he came back and has been picked apart by the Kipers of the world who question this or that, etc. Bottom line is Barkley has a TON of ability, and has the same chance to succeed in the NFL as Geno, Wilson, Bray, etc.

That being said, I don't think Barkley is the best QB in this draft IMO. But I wouldn't get upset in the least bit with the pick. No matter what Barkley did this year, it wouldn't have been enough. The moment he decided to go back for his Senior year, his stock was bound to plummet.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-31-2012 04:50 PM

This USC offense is awful without Barkley.

HoneyBadger 12-31-2012 11:34 PM

With the right coach, he will succeed.

Imon Yourside 01-01-2013 02:05 AM

I'm not sold on Barkley at all.

AussieChiefsFan 01-01-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9262902)
I'm not sold on Barkley at all.

That makes 547869 of us.

fairladyZ 01-01-2013 03:18 AM

i really wish he was able to play today..

Barkley is every bit as good as any other QB in this draft. USC's 2 completely BADASS wr's had horrible days. 2 WR's that people claim could make any QB look good didn't do squat. So it goes without saying maybe barkley was feeding them as much as they fed him? Much like Eric Decker and D. Thomas didn't do SQUAT until manning shows up and now they catch everything under the sun!

I'm torn between barkley/wilson as my top choice, but i still give the edge to barkley at this point

kingme20 01-01-2013 03:53 AM

not a fan of Barkley he has tiny hands just like jimmy clausen

ChiefsCountry 01-10-2013 11:24 PM

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/...ng-report.html

Scouting Report:

Athleticism
+ Sturdy 230 pound frame, has added muscle mass since he arrived at USC
+ Good mobility, both inside and outside the pocket
+ Shows the ability to roll out and throw well on the run
+ Can extend the play with his maneuverability and sidestep the rush
- A shade under 6’2″, but has shown no evidence of it hindering his play
- Doesn’t offer much in terms of escapability and won’t pick up many yards with his feet

Intelligence
+ Extremely bright kid, who works hard on and off the field
+ Recognizes blitzes, formations and coverages pre-snap and often calls audibles at the line on his own
+ USC runs an NFL style passing system and Barkley has adapted quickly
+ Coach Lane Kiffin, puts a lot on Barkley’s plate in terms of play calling, audibles and he has excelled
+ Good situational awareness, when he spots a weakness on defense he will exploit it quickly
+ USC plays a hurry up system, Barkley is relied on to call the plays and formations based on the defense
+ Processes information quickly and is a sound decision maker, especially in crunch time
+ Good in the classroom, he should have no trouble adapting to an NFL playbook
- Interception % increased big time this year, tried to force a lot of throws

Leadership
+ Exceptional Leader, respected by teammates and coaching staff
+ The word “field general” comes to mind when watching him play
+ Decided to stay at USC, despite NCAA sanctions and bowl ban
+ Could have entered 2012 NFL and been a high first round pick, but wanted to win a National Championship
+ Exudes confidence and plays with a swagger, rubs off on his teammates

Arm Talent
+ Doesn’t have the strongest arm velocity wise, but has shown the ability to make the NFL throws
+ Can fit the ball into tight spaces, especially when rolling out or throwing on the run
+ Arm strength has improved as his throwing mechanics have gotten more sound
+ Isn’t scared to make the tough throw, when he resets his feet and throws he is very accurate
+ When given time in the pocket his footwork is sound
+ Makes up for velocity with quick reads, anticipation
+ Manipulates the defense like an NFL veteran, will freeze the safety and look off coverage
+ Accuracy on short passes is very good, throws the 3-5 yard slants very well
+ Timing with receivers is sound, knows where they should be and trusts them
+ Throws his receiver open and shows good anticipation on his ball placement
- Connects on a lot of deep passes, but it’often under thrown and the WR has to come back to the ball
- Falls in love with touch passes, likes to float the ball into coverage
- Deep ball accuracy wanes due to arm strength questions
- At the next level he will have to temper his desire to take so many chances down field
- Has shown inaccuracy when throwing across the field

Pocket Presence
+ Very poised in the pocket, perhaps his biggest plus
+ Doesn’t get rattled under pressure, will hang in there and take a hit to complete the pass
+ Took a beating as a Senior but hung in the pocket and tried to get the ball off
+ If his first read is covered Barkley has shown the ability to reset his feet and adjust
+ Very good moving out of the pocket, perhaps at his best when rolling out and throwing on the run
+ Excellent play action passer, sells the run fake very well
+ Recognizes blitzes and lets his internal clock tell him when to let go or take off
- With such a poor offensive line, Barkley’s internal clock got sped up as a Senior leading to mistakes
- With pass rush bearing down, he tried to make the big play when he should have just taken the sack

Overview:
Matt Barkley is a polished and poised QB prospect. He has shown the intelligence, leadership and pocket presence to make an immediate impact in the NFL. He is sharp pre-snap at identifying coverages/schemes. While he isn’t Andrew Luck, he has shown the ability to call his own plays and change things on the fly. He does a great job at processing information and making the right decision. While his arm strength is only average, his mechanics and ability to manipulate the defense with his eyes, as well as the timing and anticipatory skills he has shown make up for it. Barkley is a tremendous leader and his teammates look up to him. His biggest knock will be his height, as he is a shade under 6’2″, but Barkley is superb when rolling out and throwing on the move. Barkley endured a tough Senior season and with results not up to expectation it appeared the pressure started to get to Barkley. Despite a down Senior season Barkley still has all the tools to be a successful NFL QB.

vs Notre Dame
-Makes VERY few mistakes, if the play isn’t there he immediately checks down of gets rid of the ball.
-Ball comes out of his hand quickly, his mechanics have improved since his freshman year.
-His progressions are outstanding, scans the field an multiple times freezes the LB or safety, opening up the receiver.

Full scouting notes for Barkley vs Notre Dame.

vs Arizona
-Beautiful deep ball for 33 yard TD, gets ball out fast, tough to pressure.
-Fakes out half the Colorado defense with pump fake.
-Completed 25/39 passes, should have had more completions, but Woods and Lee each had multiple tough drops.
-Forces a throw into triple coverage, comes out wobbly, lucky it wasn’t picked.G

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2013 12:37 PM

BOO! SUCK!