ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The Hootie thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255055)

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298203)
Am I off base here?

Yes, you are. If we hadn't taken dozens of posters under our collective wing and provided some guidance, this would be a pretty sparse site. Clayton would have been permabanned inside his first month, for a high profile example.

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8298178)
I'll throw out there that it should wait until the offseason at least. It's kind of shitty to ban people from a football site during the playoffs.

I agree with that.

Titty Meat 01-15-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8298156)
It was Pestilence's, actually.

3 of the 4 finalists are completely useless, and the 4th has been going the wrong direction for months. billay was once completely useless, and besides the Hootie crap, he's been tolerable at the very least for months. So, think of the temp bans as a not-so-subtle hint to knock it back a bit. It's not privately held information that pretty much all you have to do in order to not gain the attention of the mods is not be a douche.

Hey now.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298225)
If we hadn't taken dozens of posters under our collective wing and provided some guidance, this would be a pretty sparse site.

You are awesome. We owe everything to you! :hail:

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Yes, you are. If we hadn't taken dozens of posters under our collective wing and provided some guidance, this would be a pretty sparse site. Clayton would have been permabanned inside his first month, for a high profile example.

I don't care about Hootie in the least. It is the mod backing off this 'poll' that is ridiculous and out of character.

Titty Meat 01-15-2012 01:27 PM

I agree though banning someone who didn't break any rules is over the top. If posters have to follow the rules the mods should too.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:28 PM

You guys inspired me to grab my computer so I could peck out my thoughts on this one more time.

There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs. And that's fine. We allow that. However, if all of their joy is derived by coming on here and abusing people all year long, I don't see any harm whatsoever in giving those douchebags a temporary vacation as some sort of vindication for the people that have to put up with their abuse all year. None.

You couldn't walk up to someone smaller than you on the streets and just sock them in the mouth without some kind of punishment. Yet, for some reason it's okay for some of our less intelligent posters to have to deal with that kind of abuse here on a daily basis. This is their vindication in my eyes.

Here's the thing though. If you don't like this, don't vote. If hardly anyone votes in the final poll, do you think we'll do it again next year? Of course not.

All that said, there is no way I would ban anyone who didn't meet that criteria. Of course, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this thing either.

This can be summed up in two words to me: Just desserts.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298253)

No desserts until you lose 50 lbs.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8298261)
No desserts until you lose 50 lbs.

****. Make it 100.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

You guys inspired me to grab my computer so I could peck out my thoughts on this one more time.

There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs.

So, a douche of the year poll...a competition that has many threads housing and endorsing the drama mods act like they don't like is some kind of deterrent?

Not to mention the mods encouraged a user to run the whole thing who fits the exact profile that is allegedly frowned upon above.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298264)
****. Make it 100.

You lose 100 lbs we'll share something disgusting at a tailgate next season.

Titty Meat 01-15-2012 01:33 PM

Flop does have a point we all should quit voting on it.

Rams Fan 01-15-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8298247)
I agree though banning someone who didn't break any rules is over the top.

Indeed.

Bowser 01-15-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298269)
So, a douche of the year poll...a competition that has many threads housing and endorsing the drama mods act like they don't like is some kind of deterrent?

Not to mention the mods encouraged a user to run the whole thing who fits the exact profile that is allegedly frowned upon above.

It beats a series of poop threads.

Brock 01-15-2012 01:33 PM

That's kind of a load of bullshit. I look at the list of finalists, and I see Saul Good, who's a quality poster. I see eric007, who's a dumbass to be sure, but he isn't much of shit slinger. beer me is just a meh poster, what's he doing on the list to begin with? Zach made it to round 3? Pretty stupid justification for banning someone on the basis of a popularity contest.

Kyle DeLexus 01-15-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8298275)

that sounds wrong.

luv 01-15-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs. And that's fine. We allow that. However, if all of their joy is derived by coming on here and abusing people all year long, I don't see any harm whatsoever in giving those douchebags a temporary vacation as some sort of vindication for the people that have to put up with their abuse all year. None.

You couldn't walk up to someone smaller than you on the streets and just sock them in the mouth without some kind of punishment. Yet, for some reason it's okay for some of our less intelligent posters to have to deal with that kind of abuse here on a daily basis. This is their vindication in my eyes.

Here's the thing though. If you don't like this, don't vote. If hardly anyone votes in the final poll, do you think we'll do it again next year? Of course not.

All that said, there is no way I would ban anyone who didn't meet that criteria. Of course, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this thing either.

People who take abuse from people on here have other options. Lord knows I've taken my share of "abuse" on here, but I also now have thicker skin and I don't let things get to me as much as I used to. I've learned when not to take shit from people, when to fight back, and when to ignore them. If none of the people on the list have actually done what are posted as bannable offenses, then they shouldn't be banned. This poll was supposed to be "fun". Beer me was campaigning to make the cut, for crying out loud. Polls posted for fun should not be used as vindication.

crazycoffey 01-15-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Now just to put up one thought about these so-called 'superior intellectual shit slingers' this may just be the only avenue they have to feel superior in their real lives. And taking this ability away from them could cause adverse effects in real life. Just so were clear though, ban the asshats anyway....

Bowser 01-15-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8298283)
that sounds wrong.

2 CPers, 1 cup

Brock 01-15-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8298284)
People who take abuse from people on here have other options. Lord knows I've taken my share of "abuse" on here, but I also now have thicker skin and I don't let things get to me as much as I used to. I've learned when not to take shit from people, when to fight back, and when to ignore them. If none of the people on the list have actually done what are posted as bannable offenses, then they should be banned. This poll was supposed to be "fun". Beer me was campaigning to make the cut, for crying out loud. Polls posted for fun should not be used as vindication.

Why is everything about you all the time?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

I love the drama on this site. LOVE. IT. I think I'm the only mod that does. That said, again, this is nothing more than a temporary vacation for someone who makes it a practice to come on here and verbally abuse people. And no, I don't think Fraz qualifies as that.

This is my first major controversy as a moderator of this board, and it may be my last. It's an experiment, and in my eyes, there isn't anyone in that final 4 that I'm going to bleed for. So, if the people think this is a good idea, they'll vote. If they don't, they won't, and I couldn't see us doing it again next year.

But I still personally think it's a fantastic idea. If someone really can't live without posting here for a few days, they should seek professional help. It's not like anyone is being permabanned over it.

crazycoffey 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8298287)
Now just to put up one thought about these so-called 'superior intellectual shit slingers' this may just be the only avenue they have to feel superior in their real lives. And taking this ability away from them could cause adverse effects in real life. Just so were clear though, ban the asshats anyway....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8298291)

see example "A" ladies and gents....

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

The point you're missing, Zach, is that I get along just fine with the vast majority of people I interact with. Do I get down and dirty with certain members? Sure. Some of them include:

You
Skip
R8ers
Saul
Hootie

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. Not a choirboy on the list.

Rams Fan 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8298288)
2 CPers, 1 cup

:p

luv 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8298291)

**** off, I'm just trying to make a point.

Titty Meat 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Flop using your example: There's a good chance Saul could win the thing because he's an active poster and his posts can be annoying. In real life there wouldn't be anything warranting some sort of punishment based on what Saul says.

Slainte 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298183)
It isn't a mods job to steer people in the direction of being posters they wish people would be.

+2. This whole banning users idea is a ****ing stupid mistake, IMHO...

I don't give **** who's idea it was -- though I note that people like Frazod are running away from the idea at full speed and trying to divest themselves of responsibility now that it appears not as popular as they first thought it would be...

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

That's a misnomer. This poll is Frazod's baby in the same way the N00b of the year is BRC's.

Brock 01-15-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8298301)
**** off, I'm just trying to make a point.

Well, you're failing. Quit using yourself as an anecdotal example.

burt 01-15-2012 01:38 PM

I voted in the DOY polls as fun. I won't vote again. I do think a ban for not doing anything bannable is over the top. That being said, being banned temporarily is NOT life altering. Unless you are Clayton.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298296)
I love the drama on this site. LOVE. IT. I think I'm the only mod that does. That said, again, this is nothing more than a temporary vacation for someone who makes it a practice to come on here and verbally abuse people. And no, I don't think Fraz qualifies as that.

This is my first major controversy as a moderator of this board, and it may be my last. It's an experiment, and in my eyes, there isn't anyone in that final 4 that I'm going to bleed for. So, if the people think this is a good idea, they'll vote. If they don't, they won't, and I couldn't see us doing it again next year.

But I still personally think it's a fantastic idea. If someone really can't live without posting here for a few days, they should seek professional help. It's not like anyone is being permabanned over it.

I think it is pretty obvious you know this is wrong and you are using the fact that the consequence is quite to small to rationalize that. It isn't that the whole thing is severe it is that it is wrong and completely out of character for how this site has been run for a long time.

luv 01-15-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8298306)
Well, you're failing. Quit using yourself as an anecdotal example.

If you have a better one, then go right ahead.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8298309)
I voted in the DOY polls as fun. I won't vote again. I do think a ban for not doing anything bannable is over the top. That being said, being banned temporarily is NOT life altering. Unless you are Clayton.

Or Hootie.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298304)
That's a misnomer. This poll is Frazod's baby in the same way the N00b of the year is BRC's.

It has been encouraged and empowered by the use of banning as a consequence.

Apparently you guys don't want so much drama around here. I have heard that but have not seen much evidence of it.

burt 01-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298315)
Or Hootie.

Yeah, I almost said that.LMAO

Ebolapox 01-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298298)
The point you're missing, Zach, is that I get along just fine with the vast majority of people I interact with. Do I get down and dirty with certain members? Sure. Some of them include:

You
Skip
R8ers
Saul
Hootie

you forgot iowanian and milkman, two 'inner circle' members.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8298302)
Flop using your example: There's a good chance Saul could win the thing because he's an active poster and his posts can be annoying. In real life there wouldn't be anything warranting some sort of punishment based on what Saul says.

I disagree. I've seen him verbally abuse folks over and over again. Mostly in the DC forum, which doesn't count as much, but I've seen it. Here and there.

That's the rub though. It's all subjective. And I'll tell you right now that I don't hold my opinion higher than someone else on this site because they're not a mod. It's because I'm right, and you're all wrong. :p

I keed, I keed.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:41 PM

FWIW, I think it was better last year (certainly more fun) with anonymous votes and no consequences. Probably better to handle it that way going forward.

Brock 01-15-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8298297)
see example "A" ladies and gents....

Says the guy who's too stupid to keep personal information personal and then whines like a bitch when it comes out.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298298)

You
Skip
R8ers
Saul
Hootie

This line he wrote fits you.

"There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs. "

No big deal. I am not trying to get you banned...I don't hate you but it is who you are on this board. I think my point still stands.

Bowser 01-15-2012 01:41 PM

Would this whole DotY vote have the same "importance" had Hootie not been banned?

And Zach, you do have a point, but it isn't like the mods and selected members are running through the CP streets like the gestapo, banning people on a weekly basis just because they can. This vote was done in good nature, at least that was my impression.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 8298325)
you forgot iowanian and milkman, two 'inner circle' members.

I haven't sparred with Iowanian for a long time.

And the milkman battles are rare, and frankly, always instigated by him.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298310)
I think it is pretty obvious you know this is wrong and you are using the fact that the consequence is quite to small to rationalize that. It isn't that the whole thing is severe it is that it is wrong and completely out of character for how this site has been run for a long time.

Well, I think this board is a changin' and I think this is pretty harmless. I don't however, think that this particular deal we have going on is wrong. I think it's entertaining. It's a few days for the biggest douches of this website as voted on by the people.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298333)
This line he wrote fits you.

"There are a series of posters here that come on here to do nothing but sling shit, and lay down verbal beat downs. "

No big deal. I am not trying to get you banned...I don't hate you but it is who you are on this board. I think my point still stands.

I'm a prick to the pricks. Never denied it. It's what I do.

crazycoffey 01-15-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8298330)
Says the guy who's too stupid to keep personal information personal and then whines like a bitch when it comes out.

oh noes, you hurt me....
You're one of the biggest asshats on here. I bet you have a horrible life, constantly berated and emasculated by your bitch wife, your sisters and a female boss. This is the only part of your day that makes you feel like a man, being spiteful to people on an internet BB. You go boy....

Hammock Parties 01-15-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8298309)
That being said, being banned temporarily is NOT life altering. Unless you are Clayton.

Everyone knows I laugh at bans. Please.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8298334)
Would this whole DotY vote have the same "importance" had Hootie not been banned?

And Zach, you do have a point, but it isn't like the mods and selected members are running through the CP streets like the gestapo, banning people on a weekly basis just because they can. This vote was done in good nature, at least that was my impression.

I am not saying it is a huge deal.

But I am saying it is wrong.

The big defense of it seems to be that "the bans are only temporary" when I don't like that matters much because it is simply wrong.

I am not alone in this.

luv 01-15-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298342)
Well, I think this board is a changin' and I think this is pretty harmless. I don't however, think that this particular deal we have going on is wrong. I think it's entertaining. It's a few days for the biggest douches of this website as voted on by the people.

Was the vote of the mods to do this unanimous?

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8298349)
oh noes, you hurt me....
You're one of the biggest asshats on here. I bet you have a horrible life, constantly berated and emasculated by your bitch wife, your sisters and a female boss. This is the only part of your day that makes you feel like a man, being spiteful to people on an internet BB. You go boy....

Here we go again with CC.

Brock 01-15-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

oh noes, you hurt me....

Well, at least in my case you're left with stupid assumptions. We already know what a disaster your life is, because you've told us.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298342)
Well, I think this board is a changin'

Obviously.

Ebolapox 01-15-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298336)
I haven't sparred with Iowanian for a long time.

And the milkman battles are rare, and frankly, always instigated by him.

not at all my point. the point I was attempting to make is that there's no debating that you're polarizing, whether it's with trolls or those who are 'valuable to the community.' I have nothing against you, obviously. but it is what it is.

dirk digler 01-15-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298296)

Flops it would be different if it was just a couple of days but if I am reading it right you get a day per vote. So in effect they could be gone for 2-3 weeks which may piss them off enough to never come back. I don't think that is good thing with any of the remaining candidates.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8298352)
Was the vote of the mods to do this unanimous?

Rarely do the mods vote unanimously. I think that's what makes our team a good one. A lot of different people with different ideas. In this case though, I think DaFace was our sole dissenter.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 8298364)
not at all my point. the point I was attempting to make is that there's no debating that you're polarizing, whether it's with trolls or those who are 'valuable to the community.' I have nothing against you, obviously. but it is what it is.

Well, the day you see me randomly blasting people like Guru or Rainman, then I'll be concerned.

crazycoffey 01-15-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8298358)
Well, at least in my case you're left with stupid assumptions. We already know what a disaster your life is, because you've told us.

It's not a disaster though, so I don't know what you mean by that. And is it really an assumption on my part about your life? Why else are you the way you are? You don't have to actually post something specific about your life to show us a window to how bad it is. Your posts are drenched with anger, spite and depression.

And |douche| can **** off too... :D

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8298345)
I'm a prick to the pricks. Never denied it. It's what I do.

Glad the mods jumped at the chance to encourage you to make divisive threads and polls that result in the banning of members who have not broken rules all in the name of people not flaming each other as much.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001...ed_xlarge.jpeg

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8298367)
Flops it would be different if it was just a couple of days but if I am reading it right you get a day per vote. So in effect they could be gone for 2-3 weeks which may piss them off enough to never come back. I don't think that is good thing with any of the remaining candidates.

That is the thing. One hour or one year.

If it is wrong it is wrong.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

I think there is only 1 candidate that that would be a bad thing for. Otherwise, AFAIC, they're all shitstains.

But the fact is, they can't get that kind of time off unless people vote for them. I really have no problem falling face first on this one. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I don't make the same mistake twice.

doomy3 01-15-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

oh noes, you hurt me....

And here we go with the personal attacks.

Bowser 01-15-2012 01:48 PM

The mods should put everyone on universal ignore for like 72 hours. I predict that no fewer than a dozen heads would explode around the country.

luv 01-15-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8298370)
Rarely do the mods vote unanimously. I think that's what makes our team a good one. A lot of different people with different ideas. In this case though, I think DaFace was our sole dissenter.

This question is geared more towards the long time posters here, and not you per se.

Why was ChiefsPlanet created?

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

That's why it will be clear to all voters that their vote will dump their contestant for a day. I won't be voting in the poll either.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298374)
Glad the mods jumped at the chance to encourage you to make divisive threads and polls that result in the banning of members who have not broken rules all in the name of people not flaming each other as much.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001...ed_xlarge.jpeg

Uh, you're welcome?

Rams Fan 01-15-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8298378)
The mods should put everyone on universal ignore for like 72 hours. I predict that no fewer than a dozen heads would explode around the country.

April Fools Day prank ftw

doomy3 01-15-2012 01:50 PM

Is CC on a short leash too, or is he exempt because his name is in bold?

Brock 01-15-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8298372)
It's not a disaster though, so I don't know what you mean by that. And is it really an assumption on my part about your life? Why else are you the way you are? You don't have to actually post something specific about your life to show us a window to how bad it is. Your posts are drenched with anger, spite and depression.

Thanks for the diagnosis, doctor. The stories you've told here, however, make me wonder what it's like to go through life with a crowd of people yelling "Jer-RY Jer-RY Jer-RY" in your ear all day long. "Coffey.....you are.........NOT the father!!!!"

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298374)
Glad the mods jumped at the chance to encourage you to make divisive threads and polls

You can stop saying that any time. It's not true.

DaFace 01-15-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298380)
That's why it will be clear to all voters that their vote will dump their contestant for a day. I won't be voting in the poll either.

FWIW, it's not 100% clear that's the case, as evidenced from Buehler's post.

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8298385)
Is CC on a short leash too, or is he exempt because his name is in bold?

Being butt hurt for 4 years isn't a bannable offense. Of course who knows what is these days.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbucks Fan (Post 8298382)
April Fools Day prank ftw

I don't think I could beat mine from last year, so I'm going to leave that to someone else this year.

pr_capone 01-15-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8298275)

The love that dare not speak it's name? If so... I'm down to drop some weight as well.

crazycoffey 01-15-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8298386)
Thanks for the diagnosis, doctor.

You're welcome

|Zach| 01-15-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298388)
You can stop saying that any time. It's not true.

You guys have encouraged the whole thing by empowering the consequences.

I know that makes you feel uneasy because it was obviously a horrible call on the part of the mods who supported it.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298390)
Being butt hurt for 4 years isn't a bannable offense. Of course who knows what is these days.

You should have stayed a mod, Zach. Remember when I nominated you all those years ago?

You could have put a stop to this madness, but instead you abandoned us. :(

burt 01-15-2012 01:53 PM

I feel strongly against banning anyone that hasn't done anything bannable. So I am banning myself for........1 month. Maybe hang out with Dane and Mecca. See ya Feb 15th.

Frazod 01-15-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8298410)
I feel strongly against banning anyone that hasn't done anything bannable. So I am banning myself for........1 month. Maybe hang out with Dane and Mecca. See ya Feb 15th.

You still don't have my permission to go to the bathroom.

dirk digler 01-15-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8298380)

IMHO no mods should be voting.

Quick question is last year's winner (Tom Cash) permabanned? If not he should be since he has broken more rules than everyone here combined.

Phobia 01-15-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8298400)
You guys have encouraged the whole thing by empowering the consequences.

I know that makes you feel uneasy because it was obviously a horrible call on the part of the mods who supported it.

I'm not uneasy about it. I'm okay with it if it's done right. It's an experiment. If it ends badly, we'll not do it again.

Backwards Masking 01-15-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

If we hadn't taken dozens of posters under our collective wing and provided some guidance, this would be a pretty sparse site.

Like to Toot Your Own Horn, you do.