ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ***Official New New New EMAW Repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275345)

KevB 02-15-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10435601)
So, am I correct when I heard that we had a 3 point lead, Baylor missed a shot, rebounded kicked out to HairSlip and he drained a tying three at the buzzer in regulation?
Who left HairSLIP open for this three? Bruce you ****ing ass monkey.

Baylor got 4 or 5 shots that trip because Cats were completely incapable of rebounding most of the 2nd half and OT.

KC_Connection 02-15-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10435650)
Baylor got 4 or 5 shots that trip because Cats were completely incapable of rebounding most of the 2nd half and OT.

Rebounding is one of the few good things Baylor does at least.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-16-2014 08:32 AM

up by 3, under 10 seconds on the clock, and we don't foul to prevent the 3pt shot. Dumb. Thankth Bruth...

ChiTown 02-17-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10435955)
up by 3, under 10 seconds on the clock, and we don't foul to prevent the 3pt shot. Dumb. Thankth Bruth...

Weak

WilliamTheIrish 02-17-2014 11:56 AM

Late game situations seem to be an issue this year.

ChiTown 02-17-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10437568)
Late game situations seem to be an issue this year.

In regulation, all we had to do was either grab the rebound from 1 of the 3 shots BU missed or have our SR Guard actually guard the only guy that could hit a 3 - Heslip.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-17-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10437817)
In regulation, all we had to do was either grab the rebound from 1 of the 3 shots BU missed or have our SR Guard actually guard the only guy that could hit a 3 - Heslip.

Or foul.
Or NOT GIVE UP THE ****ING 10pt LEAD. :banghead:

WilliamTheIrish 02-17-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10437817)

Or we could have kept our PG from last year, or Bruce could have closed on a real big man. Those things will keep us out.

I just refuse to give him a pass when he ****s things up. And AFAIC'd he failed to keep Angel, he failed to land a big, and those are things that will keep us out of the NCAA.

But, since he beat KU, a high % of our reerun fans (not you) will overlook the obvious shortcomings of this squad. Shortcomings that should have been addressed by this coaching staff. I'm not willing to do that.

And the reason I'm not willing to do that is because even now, I feel Bruce Weber making post game statements like this: "Missing FT's, failing to grab a rebound, losing your man on defense, those things hurt you". Instead he should be saying "those things hurt us". This is how Bruce addressed the media in his last days at IU. He never took the responsibility for the shortcomings he caused.

He has a way of deflecting the criticism away from himself and that shit bothers me a great deal.

hawkchief 02-17-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10438075)
Or we could have kept our PG from last year, or Bruce could have closed on a real big man. Those things will keep us out.

I just refuse to give him a pass when he ****s things up. And AFAIC'd he failed to keep Angel, he failed to land a big, and those are things that will keep us out of the NCAA.

But, since he beat KU, a high % of our reerun fans (not you) will overlook the obvious shortcomings of this squad. Shortcomings that should have been addressed by this coaching staff. I'm not willing to do that.

And the reason I'm not willing to do that is because even now, I feel Bruce Weber making post game statements like this: "Missing FT's, failing to grab a rebound, losing your man on defense, those things hurt you". Instead he should be saying "those things hurt us". This is how Bruce addressed the media in his last days at IU. He never took the responsibility for the shortcomings he caused.

He has a way of deflecting the criticism away from himself and that shit bothers me a great deal.

But Gene Keady says Bruthie is one of the best 10 coaches in America.:shrug::shrug::shrug: As a KU fan, I'm loving the fact that he bought himself another half-decade with his win over us last week.

kstater 02-19-2014 08:17 PM

TCU is ****ing terrible.

WilliamTheIrish 02-19-2014 08:33 PM

Yet they are w/in two.

WilliamTheIrish 02-19-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkchief (Post 10438181)
But Gene Keady says Bruthie is one of the best 10 coaches in America.:shrug::shrug::shrug: As a KU fan, I'm loving the fact that he bought himself another half-decade with his win over us last week.

What's going on cawkchief? Haven't seen you in a while.

WilliamTheIrish 02-19-2014 08:49 PM

Cats playing like shit. TCU has 20 points, 13 of which are directly related to turnovers. 13 in the first half alone. Way to have them prepared Bruce.

Reerun_KC 02-19-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10442316)
Cats playing like shit. TCU has 20 points, 13 of which are directly related to turnovers. 13 in the first half alone. Way to have them prepared Bruce.

You show Bruce some respect.

WilliamTheIrish 02-19-2014 09:40 PM

Looks like moving Jevon Thomas on to Anderson has helped spark a run. Up 11, under 8 to play.

WilliamTheIrish 02-22-2014 03:46 PM

Way to have them ready for a roadie, Bruce.

Thank Og I'm working and don't have to watch it. 41-17 just before halftime.

TLO 02-22-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10447127)
Way to have them ready for a roadie, Bruce.

Thank Og I'm working and don't have to watch it. 41-17 just before halftime.

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 08:55 PM

Broke the 7 game road losing streak. Tech, as expected, pulled out all the stops to beat the Cats. Free pizza to entice students and they drew 10k. Oh well, another day another team's super bowl. How hum.

Flagship Is gonna flagship tho.

MeatRock 02-25-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10453806)
Broke the 7 game road losing streak. Tech, as expected, pulled out all the stops to beat the Cats. Free pizza to entice students and they drew 10k. Oh well, another day another team's super bowl. How hum.

Flagship Is gonna flagship tho.

LMAO

Reerun_KC 02-25-2014 08:57 PM

Titletown rolls on. Well done!

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 09:07 PM

When opposing teams see "KSU" on the jersey, you always get their best shot.

Reerun_KC 02-25-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10453832)
When opposing teams see "KSU" on the jersey, you always get their best shot.

A true "t-shirt" moment.

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 09:13 PM

It's tough being even teams super bowl. But we can handle that. Flagship gonna flagship.

[QUOTE]Feb. 23, 2014

Texas Tech is looking to set a new national standard - in terms of attendance - as the University is on a quest to have 10,000 students in attendance on Tuesday when the Red Raiders host Kansas State at 6 p.m.

Texas Tech was named the top football student section in the Big 12 Conference by ESPN after setting multiple attendance records this past season. It is not the only attendance record students have set this year, as more than 4,000 students attended last Tuesday's game against No. 8 Kansas.

Texas Tech Athletics, in conjunction with University officials, has created an atmosphere no student would want to miss. There will be over 30 prize packages awarded.

There will be a total of eight opportunities to win $10,000 or $10,000 towards a new vehicle courtesy of Reagor-Dykes Automotive. Other giveaways include gift cards from United Supermarkets, a trip with Red Raider Basketball to attend Texas Tech's game with Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse, hotel and ticket packages to see Red Raider Football against Baylor in Arlington and TCU in Fort Worth, tickets to see the Texas Rangers, as well as a Dorm Challenge.

There will also be food and a live DJ for all 10,000 students in attendance.

Giveaways:

8 - $2,500 scholarships to be given out by Chancellor Hance at each media timeout.
4 - Half court shots or other contest to win $10,000
4 - Half court shots or other contest to win $10,000 toward a new vehicle at any Reagor-Dykes dealership
5 - $100 United gift cards
1 - A trip for two to Texas Tech's game against Kansas at Allen Field House
2 - Four tickets and hotel for Red Raider Football vs. Baylor in Arlington
2 - Four tickets and hotel for Red Raider Football vs TCU in Fort Worth
5 - Four tickets to see the Texas Rangers on May 20
Dorm Challenge - The dorm with the most students will receive a shopping spree for Under Armour gear using garage sale items
Food/Entertainment:

Live DJ
Food for 10,000 students [QUOTE/]

Reerun_KC 02-25-2014 09:14 PM

Fire up the "DVD" burner.

Saulbadguy 02-25-2014 09:15 PM

Alex Delton, tho

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 10453852)
Alex Delton, tho

Saw that on Twitter. Great news.

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 09:18 PM

They had 4k students last Tuesday at the game against little bro. TTU was determined to bring the house against the flagship tho.

Reerun_KC 02-25-2014 09:23 PM

Bringing it like the Seattle defense.

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 09:31 PM

Just an incredible brand. Synonymous with winning.

Reerun_KC 02-25-2014 09:33 PM

Valdosta state agrees. It all about branding.

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 09:35 PM

And another QB signed on again today. Damn. It's almost unfair.

Reerun_KC 02-25-2014 09:40 PM

Its criminal

Mr_Tomahawk 02-25-2014 09:47 PM

Can't wait to see all of the titles flagship-U wins this year...

Reerun_KC 02-25-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10453963)
Can't wait to see all of the titles flagship-U wins this year...

Already happened. Sorry you missed it.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-25-2014 09:52 PM

Their Baseball team is dominating again...as is their basketball team.

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 09:58 PM

Feels good.

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 10:07 PM

RUMOR: Source=B+

KSU will construct a special 10$ million building to house the original formations of The Wildcat Offense.

Dante84 02-25-2014 10:10 PM

Delton got that icky speed.

WilliamTheIrish 02-25-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10454041)
Delton got that icky speed.

Yes he does. Big get.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 09:29 AM

So with QB Alex Delton in the fold, I can see Snydz scheming the faces off of Big XII coaches again.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 11:29 AM

Rumblings that the announcement (and hopefully arc renderings) of the second phase of BSFS stadium will be Friday.

Flagship sails are up! Cool jet stream at our back!

mikeyis4dcats. 02-26-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10454799)
Rumblings that the announcement (and hopefully arc renderings) of the second phase of BSFS stadium will be Friday.

Flagship sails are up! Cool jet stream at our back!

emaw folks seem to think Spring Game...

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10454824)
emaw folks seem to think Spring Game...

Quote:

From goE courtesy of CC

Man, just wait until Friday's announcement...
From this thread:

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=30980.225

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 11:47 AM

Unless we are building bball housing. But I don't think we are going to throw any money at something as wasteful as that.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-26-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10454838)

welp, Crap trumps the other sources, hooray!

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 12:02 PM

Unless he was referring to some other construction....

mikeyis4dcats. 02-26-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10454897)
Unless he was referring to some other construction....

welp, he says it's not about Vanier.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10454926)
welp, he says it's not about Vanier.

Dammit! I guess I took a little license with that quote. However, now I'm wondering what they have up their sleeve now?

mikeyis4dcats. 02-26-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10454944)
Dammit! I guess I took a little license with that quote. However, now I'm wondering what they have up their sleeve now?

odd since Dax hasn't said anything...he apparently does nothing but comb library stacks and county clerk filings in his spare time.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10454949)
odd since Dax hasn't said anything...he apparently does nothing but comb library stacks and county clerk filings in his spare time.

LMAO

Yep. He certainly knows every detail of how a university athletic building is financed. And how much donating and how much revenue and how much profit.

Dude's the king of that.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2014 12:33 PM

While we wait for Friday to see what project or announcement will come from Currie, I found this gem from Gary Parrish about the dreaded storming of the court.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ill-then-relax

Quote:

The media section at the Dean Smith Center is behind a few rows of the student section, and in front of most of the student section, meaning writers seated there can spot a court-storming well before television cameras, if only because we're basically in the middle of it.

So, yeah, I spotted last Thursday's court-storming as it was developing.

I tweeted that it was coming.

Then I grabbed my computer, held the table and watched hundreds of North Carolina students rush the floor when the Tar Heels completed their 74-66 win over Duke. The students, both men and women, mostly just jumped around a lot before eventually filing back into the stands and exiting. The whole thing was harmless. I didn't think much of it. But when I returned to my seat after interview sessions with both Mike Krzyzewski and Roy Williams, social media -- or, at the very least, the group of folks I follow on social media -- was still buzzing about the court-storming, with the majority of people insisting UNC students should never do such a thing because, I don't know, I guess because Michael Jordan played there 30 years ago or something.

It's all so weird to me.

Why are people obsessed with who should and should not storm a court?

Why should anybody ever care?

Now before I get into why I think the obsession is strange, I should make one thing clear: I'm against court-stormings, which is why I believe every conference should do what the SEC has done, i.e., put into place a rule that fines schools if they allow students on a court at the buzzer, that way schools no longer allow students on the court at the buzzer.

Make a petition for that, I'll sign it.

And not because I'm some sort of killjoy.

Anybody who knows me knows I'm the opposite, really.

But tradition is never a reason to continue doing something that shouldn't be done, and court-storming is something that shouldn't be done. Beyond the fact that students have been injured during such celebrations, it seems undeniable that eventually we're going to have an ugly scene that'll lead to a black eye for the sport. With more and more schools selling alcohol at games, it's only a matter time before a visiting player gets caught in a group of students and something unfortunate happens.

Kentucky's Aaron Harrison actually squared-off with an Arkansas fan earlier this season; the incident, in fairness, was defused quickly. But what if the student was drunk? And what if the player snapped like Marcus Smart snapped at Texas Tech? Is it really a stretch to then suggest that a push could lead to a punch that could lead to a brawl? And, assuming you agree it's not a stretch to suggest that, then why should conferences wait until after something terrible happens to ban court-stormings? Why not be proactive in an attempt to reduce the likelihood of a bad scene that would scar college basketball in a variety of ways?

Again, make a petition, I'll sign it.

I hope that's clear.

... but it is OK for Arizona State fans to do the same thing? (USATSI)
But until then let's stop obsessing over who should and should not storm a court because, like I told you at the top, that obsession makes no sense. Why is it OK for Arizona State students to storm a court after an exciting win over a higher-ranked rival but not OK for North Carolina students to do the same thing under the same circumstances? Why is it awesome when SMU students do it but embarrassing when Indiana students do it?

Those oddly obsessed with legislating who should and should not storm a court will tell you that it's because North Carolina and Indiana are two of college basketball's most historically relevant programs, schools with national titles to their credit, and therefore their students should "act like they've been there before." But here's the thing: Their students haven't been there before! They're all students who are 18, 19 or 20-something years old, and the students at UNC aren't much different than the students at SMU or anywhere else. They all paint their faces, stand in line for tickets and chant and cheer and jump and get excited when somebody dunks or makes a 3-pointer. So telling one guy that he shouldn't get too excited because Dean Smith used to coach at his school while enjoying the excitement of another guy who doesn't attend a school where Dean Smith once coached seems silly, and I can't imagine students who attend North Carolina understand it, either.

They all grew-up watching court-stormings.

They were all pumped after a win over the Blue Devils.

They all recognized an opportunity to get on television, and they took it.

I saw their smiles, saw their hugs, and it never once occurred to me that they were somehow embarrassing themselves because, you know, Tyler Hansbrough won a national title at North Carolina in 2009. From the neck up, they looked just like those SMU students who stormed the court after a win over Cincinnati earlier in the month, and that's because they are, for the most part, just like those SMU students. That win over Duke was probably the biggest win most of them have ever witnessed. So they reacted like students have come to react after witnessing big wins. It was nothing more. It was nothing less.

So, again, if you want to ban court-stormings, I'm with you.

I think they're a recipe for a disaster.

But until then, let's stop applauding some students who rush the court while mocking others who do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. For starters, it's just a weird thing to obsess about it. But the other problem is that it's mostly rooted in the odd idea that a 19-year-old woman should act a certain way because the school she now attends won championships before she was born, and, even if I live long enough to actually become a killjoy, I'll never understand the logic behind that.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-26-2014 12:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXTzV94VwVk

mikeyis4dcats. 02-26-2014 12:43 PM

I want to be excited about Delton....but why should I be, did he even have a single offer elsewhere?

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 09:15 AM

http://www.k-state.edu/today/announc...o4QQ-c.twitter

Another gift to the university of $60 million. No begging. No crying on TV/radio/message boards about how the state won't finance bonds a paltry 10-15mil to build hotel on campus.

Quote:

"The Vanier gift comes at a time in which K-State is benefiting from record philanthropic giving. The KSU Foundation has reached record marks of $99 million, $110 million and $152 million in the past three fiscal years."

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 09:22 AM

Flagship is gonna flagship...

Quote:

FOR RELEASE: Largest private gift in K-State history to benefit Manhattan and Salina campuses

Kansas State University President Kirk Schulz announced today that the Jack Vanier family has made a gift of $60 million - the largest private donation in the history of K-State. The gift provides $40 million to benefit students, faculty, programs and facilities on both the Manhattan and Salina campuses, and $20 million for Phase III of the Bill Snyder Family Stadium master plan.

Saulbadguy 02-28-2014 09:24 AM

Nice - ensuring the namesake will stick around on Phase 3.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 09:25 AM

Jack's doing well I would say.

Buehler445 02-28-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458530)
Flagship is gonna flagship...

Christ. What does that dude do for a living?

I haven't paid much attention to any of the bracket stuff. Where does KSU project for the tournament?

mikeyis4dcats. 02-28-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10458566)

I haven't paid much attention to any of the bracket stuff. Where does KSU project for the tournament?

just a poor rancher from western Kansas.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10458566)

Rancher/cattleman at one time. Milling, grain stuff too. President of ADM at one time. Oil and gas I'd reckon too.

Wednesday Loonardi had the Cats on the (blech) 8/9 line. Win that, you face the 1 seed. Gotta win these last three (ISU, BU home, Diet OU road). Maybe move up to 6.

We f'ed.

Saulbadguy 02-28-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458588)
Rancher/cattleman at one time. Milling, grain stuff too. President of ADM at one time. Oil and gas I'd reckon too.

Wednesday Loonardi had the Cats on the (blech) 8/9 line. Win that, you face the 1 seed. Gotta win these last three (ISU, BU home, Diet OU road). Maybe move up to 6.

We f'ed.

I'll take the 8/9 seed with a chance to play Hillside High.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 10458593)
I'll take the 8/9 seed with a chance to play Hillside High.

Eh... I don't think Bruce could pull that off.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-28-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 10458593)
a chance to play Hillside High.

How'd that work for ya last year...?

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10458649)
How'd that work for ya last year...?

Bruceketball didn't get a shot at HH last year.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-28-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458663)
Bruceketball didn't get a shot at HH last year.

You're right.

It was La Salle...

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

... historically K-State doesn't announce the lead gift on a capital project until at least 3/4's of the cost has been raised, so we're likely well on our way here.*

With this announcement, that means in the last 3 years K-State has raised at least $60 million straight up cash money to go towards facilities projects, probably more like $70 plus million.

That's some damn big bake sales...

Buehler445 02-28-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10458585)
just a poor rancher from western Kansas.

Looked him up. And FFS, Brookville is NOT western Kansas. Hell, its toward the eastern part of Central Kansas. Link. Good for him though, and good for the University.

$60M is a nice chunk of change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458588)

We f'ed.

If you guys nab an 8 and they happen to put you in WSU's bracket, I like your chances, depending on officiating. I think you guys can guard VanVleet, who drives the offense, and they're not doing anything with Gipson and DJ Johnson down there. It'd be a tough game, but I could see you guys taking down WSU. Besides, the dumbass WSU fan seems to think that the competition committee cares very deeply about getting WSU a matchup with another Kansas school so it may be you guys.

I wouldn't bet against the Cats against Florida either, Florida hasn't run guys out of the gym and it'd be a tough game, but I think you can hang defensively and be in it at the end.

Syracuse would be a little tougher, but if Spradling (primarily) and the guards hitting 3s and limiting turnovers, I think you can be in it. They aren't terribly efficient offensively either and I think they've been passing well enough in the lane, that if you can get it in the lane good things can happen there.

I have no idea what Arizona is bringing to the table. I know they have a guy that got hurt or some shit.

I mean, playing a #1 in the second round isn't fun, but I don't think it would be an automatic advance against KSU. If KSU can bring defensive intensity, Foster can get into the lane and dish to the big bodies, and limit dumb mistakes, I wouldn't write them out against much of anybody.

That being said, there aren't any soft #1's (except maybe Arizona, I haven't watched them). A 6 would definitely be better. 2 out of 3 at Bramlage definitely helps. Calling those games would be impossible. Every one of those teams is so up and down it's hard to tell WTF you're going to get every night.

I'm hoping the Big 12 can get a lot of teams in and make some hay.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-28-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10458739)
Looked him up. And FFS, Brookville is NOT western Kansas. Hell, its toward the eastern part of Central Kansas. Link. Good for him though, and good for the University.

$60M is a nice chunk of change.

If you guys nab an 8 and they happen to put you in WSU's bracket, I like your chances, depending on officiating. I think you guys can guard VanVleet, who drives the offense, and they're not doing anything with Gipson and DJ Johnson down there. It'd be a tough game, but I could see you guys taking down WSU. Besides, the dumbass WSU fan seems to think that the competition committee cares very deeply about getting WSU a matchup with another Kansas school so it may be you guys.

I wouldn't bet against the Cats against Florida either, Florida hasn't run guys out of the gym and it'd be a tough game, but I think you can hang defensively and be in it at the end.

Syracuse would be a little tougher, but if Spradling (primarily) and the guards hitting 3s and limiting turnovers, I think you can be in it. They aren't terribly efficient offensively either and I think they've been passing well enough in the lane, that if you can get it in the lane good things can happen there.

I have no idea what Arizona is bringing to the table. I know they have a guy that got hurt or some shit.

I mean, playing a #1 in the second round isn't fun, but I don't think it would be an automatic advance against KSU. If KSU can bring defensive intensity, Foster can get into the lane and dish to the big bodies, and limit dumb mistakes, I wouldn't write them out against much of anybody.

That being said, there aren't any soft #1's (except maybe Arizona, I haven't watched them). A 6 would definitely be better. 2 out of 3 at Bramlage definitely helps. Calling those games would be impossible. Every one of those teams is so up and down it's hard to tell WTF you're going to get every night.

I'm hoping the Big 12 can get a lot of teams in and make some hay.

LOL...I know, just repeating the oft-said talking point about how KSU is poor western kansas farmers. He really made his money off ADM stock.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 11:29 AM

WSU guards would kill our guards IMO. Cats turn the ball over too much to be anything but a 1or 2 and done.

Buehler445 02-28-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10458753)
LOL...I know, just repeating the oft-said talking point about how KSU is poor western kansas farmers. He really made his money off ADM stock.

Heh. It's not me hitting that talking point. Even though I actually AM a poor western Kansas farmer, I've been to the nut fry out here. I know better than that.

Buehler445 02-28-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458755)
WSU guards would kill our guards IMO. Cats turn the ball over too much to be anything but a 1or 2 and done.

Meh. It wouldn't be an easy win, but I think you guys match up OK with them. Foster is fast enough to stay in front of Van Vleet. Ron Baker isn't an athletic nightmare, but that kid is ****ing heady. Early and Cotton are really the only two KSU would have to worry about athletically.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn't write you guys off. Dumber shit has happened.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10458770)
Meh. It wouldn't be an easy win, but I think you guys match up OK with them. Foster is fast enough to stay in front of Van Vleet. Ron Baker isn't an athletic nightmare, but that kid is ****ing heady. Early and Cotton are really the only two KSU would have to worry about athletically.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn't write you guys off. Dumber shit has happened.

Foster isn't really a great defender. He's kinda poor actually. Nigel Johnson has been playing good D. But WSU is just playing with confidence. Maybe it's a crappy league, sure. But you don't win 30 straight without being really good.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-28-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10458763)
Heh. It's not me hitting that talking point. Even though I actually AM a poor western Kansas farmer, I've been to the nut fry out here. I know better than that.

oh yeah, I know YOU don't think that...but a lot of KU fans do.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10458753)

Oh shut up you sheep humping, animal husbandry-ing, no championship having (except soil judging), court storming, F KU chanting, inferiority complex-ing, DoD'ing, DVD'ing, T-shirt ing taters.

Heh heh.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-28-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458790)
Oh shut up you sheep humping, animal husbandry-ing, no championship having (except soil judging), court storming, F KU chanting, inferiority complex-ing, DoD'ing, DVD'ing, T-shirt ing taters.

Heh heh.

Don't forget that we are poor and have no traditions of our own. And Jock Jams.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10458797)
Don't forget that we are poor and have no traditions of our own. And Jock Jams.

How could I have forgotten Wabash-ing in there? That really seems to fascinate some of the brain injured li'l bro types.

Buehler445 02-28-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458774)
Foster isn't really a great defender. He's kinda poor actually. Nigel Johnson has been playing good D. But WSU is just playing with confidence. Maybe it's a crappy league, sure. But you don't win 30 straight without being really good.

I agree WSU is very good. But I watched a game (can't remember which one) where they made it a point to stop VanVleet and did so with some effectiveness. WSU won, but their offense went from really good to terrible when VanVleet was ineffective. KSU has the athleticism to hold him in check and has a huge (IMO) advantage down low.

It will take KSU playing up to their potential, and they've been inconsistent, but I like KSUs matchup.

WilliamTheIrish 02-28-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10458806)
I agree WSU is very good. But I watched a game (can't remember which one) where they made it a point to stop VanVleet and did so with some effectiveness. WSU won, but their offense went from really good to terrible when VanVleet was ineffective. KSU has the athleticism to hold him in check and has a huge (IMO) advantage down low.

It will take KSU playing up to their potential, and they've been inconsistent, but I like KSUs matchup.

I think KSU has played to their potential. Home and road they are two completely different teams. Which is a factor of being young and also because they just aren't that good.

Coach 02-28-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10458737)
Quote:

... historically K-State doesn't announce the lead gift on a capital project until at least 3/4's of the cost has been raised, so we're likely well on our way here.*

With this announcement, that means in the last 3 years K-State has raised at least $60 million straight up cash money to go towards facilities projects, probably more like $70 plus million.

That's some damn big bake sales...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...bs8ao1_500.gif

Coach 02-28-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10455029)
I want to be excited about Delton....but why should I be, did he even have a single offer elsewhere?

Well, he had interest from Missouri, Nebraska, and some other schools, but they like to try to pick the 4 and 5*'s first, would be my guess. Plus, it sounds like he's EMAW as hell. What helps is that he will enroll early, which, as we have seen, is instrumental in preparing to contribute early.

By all accounts, he was our top target at QB and likely at any position. How often do schools land their number one target?

We got one of the top players in Kansas to stay home...hopefully that's a sign of things to come. I'm sick and tired of losing players to OSU, OU, Nebraska, etc.