ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Offseason Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303381)

Buehler445 12-07-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12601727)
Obviously the Chiefs thought Matt Cassel could throw or they wouldn't have traded for him.

What the **** does that have to do with anything?

I'm honestly not convinced Bubba can even see. It's hard for premier athlete to hit .180 and strike out 10 times for every walk in AAA. Michael Jordan was a better player in his only season in AA than Bubba Starling was last season and Michael had to do it in the Southern League. Bubba got to take aim at the Texas League and still couldn't figure it out.

Bubba wouldn't be a good hitter for a pitcher at this point. Damn shame because the tools are off the charts.

I laughed pretty hard at this.

BWillie 12-07-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12601797)
Halfwit, bwillie, laz, and cosmo hate it. Sounds like Dayton did alright then.

Soler could very well turn into an All-Star someday. But, if we are going to trade away pieces and not compete next year. I'd rather blow the whole ****ing thing up and get as many prospects as we can.

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 12601903)
They are both shitty outfielders, too.

Which is why one of them is now a 1B. :D

Discuss Thrower 12-07-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12601913)
Soler could very well turn into an All-Star someday. But, if we are going to trade away pieces and not compete next year. I'd rather blow the whole ****ing thing up and get as many prospects as we can.

So move Hosmer, Moose, Cain...?

What type of return would ever justify those trades?

Sure-Oz 12-07-2016 03:58 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...119443603.html

Someone post this article

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 04:05 PM

WOW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source confirms: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nationals?src=hash">#Nationals</a>, if deal is completed, will send Lucas Giolito, Dane Dunning and Reynaldo Lopez to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a> for Eaton.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/806620169019805700">December 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KevB 12-07-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12601941)
WOW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source confirms: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nationals?src=hash">#Nationals</a>, if deal is completed, will send Lucas Giolito, Dane Dunning and Reynaldo Lopez to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a> for Eaton.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/806620169019805700">December 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

That's crazy. Oh, and that's how you rebuild. Sox still have Frazier and Quintana that should bring back value. Maybe Abreu if they can find a taker.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12601932)

No. It's a good article, give the dude some pageviews.

That said, he's right. It's reality for small and mid-market teams. You don't get to be great every year for a decade. You don't usually even get a full 5 years. Small and mid-market teams are going to ebb and flow.

The key is to be the Royals and not the Rays. The Rays are going to be shitty for awhile because they didn't get value when they could've on guys like Price and Longoria. Worse still, they didn't actually win the prize and the Royals did.

Or you can try to get lucky like the Pirates have done and when McCutchen gets a little older you have Polanco behind him. When you can't hold onto Volquez, you have Taillon and that 9 foot tall mother****er that can't throw strikes who's name escapes me (edit: Glasnow - I have no idea how anyone ever touches that guy). That allows you to force the window back open for another few years.

But those don't come out of nowhere - you have them when you need them or you don't. A view of the Royals farm system says they don't have them. Ventura is probably not going to be that ace and Duffy burned through too much service time to be the cheap reinforcement you needed. Zimmer's arm is hamburger and while Cuthbert is a nice player, he's not a cornerstone type that they needed to replace Hosmer as the Pirates have done with Polanco.

It's a hell of a lot harder to keep things going in modest markets. So Moore's going to have to keep doing stuff like this. It's not fair, but it's reality.

KevB 12-07-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12601867)
By all accounts Moore tried to do exactly that in July. He was looking for Giolito or Turner from the Nats and Urias or Pederson from the Dodgers. The thought at the time was that he was going to cost more than what the Cubs gave up for Chapman because of the extra year of control.

But the second forearm injury put the kibosh on that. I can't recall what it was at the time but my memory is they were closing in on some nice packages with the Nats and/or Dodgers.

You really can't fault Moore for that one. Davis got hurt at the exact worst possible time. It kept him from getting traded at the deadline or significantly re-establishing his health after it.

Just some fairly shitty luck.

He and Hoch getting hurt near/around trade deadline really blew up the sell high from the pen strategy.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

WOW

Holy balls.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

WOW

No way. Really?

I mean...put Quintana in there WITH Eaton and that trade makes sense. But damn, Eaton for Dunning and Lopez straight across makes a lot of sense. Giolito is too much to give up for Eaton on his own.

Sumbitch, that's crazy. Cost control is driving teams out of their minds. These GMs are desperately trying to avoid the FA market so if you can peddle someone like Eaton with 5 years of below market team control in tow, I guess teams will pay dearly for them.

I still can't believe the Chisox will actually get that, though.

duncan_idaho 12-07-2016 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12601913)

Soler could turn into an All-Star immediately. This isn't a 19-year-old who's at High A. It's a guy who crushed the minor leagues and has been up and down through 700 ABs in the major leagues spread over two seasons.

The whole point of acquiring Soler is acquiring a guy who's ready right away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12601867)
By all accounts Moore tried to do exactly that in July. He was looking for Giolito or Turner from the Nats and Urias or Pederson from the Dodgers. The thought at the time was that he was going to cost more than what the Cubs gave up for Chapman because of the extra year of control.

But the second forearm injury put the kibosh on that. I can't recall what it was at the time but my memory is they were closing in on some nice packages with the Nats and/or Dodgers.

You really can't fault Moore for that one. Davis got hurt at the exact worst possible time. It kept him from getting traded at the deadline or significantly re-establishing his health after it.

Just some fairly shitty luck.

The second forearm injury really, really ****ed the Royals. The Royals were poised to get Turner, Giolito, Michael Taylor, and Austin Voth for Cain and Davis ... until the injury.

Obviously, that would have turned out pretty well and transformed the KC outlook in 2017 and beyond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12601855)
Hope you're correct but i doubt it. This reeks of one of Dayton's Halfway moves.

Partially dumps salary, pickups a JAG who can play right now.

ultimately nets us nothing:

Guy we pick up isn't good enough to make a difference
Don't dump enough salary to sign a guy who would make a difference

All it really does is keep us from totally sucking while Dayton hopes our farm guys are developing. Standard Moore stall tactic.

Hopefully Soros is a stud though

I think this also leads to us trading another outfielder like Cain or Dyson.

Can't trade Gordon because that would be selling really,really low. Who would want him at his current salary?

I had hoped we would be selling high at least when trading Davis but we didn't.

Trying to be civil here, but what the **** are you talking about with "Halfway measures?" Are you harkening back to the pre-contention days? What Dayton Moore did in 2006-2011 while he was waiting for the young talent to come

Because starting with the Myers/Shields/Davis trade, everything Dayton Moore has done has been an all-in move.

They've been aggressive with guys they could afford in free agency. They made not one but two trades for reinforcements at the trade deadline in 2015. He re-upped guys in free agency following a WS win.

This trade puts another guy with Perez, Ventura, Kennedy, Cuthbert, Dozier, Herrera, Strahm, hopefully Duffy, and Mondesi for the next 3-4 years.

That's the core of a team that could still be a contender, with a few good development years and some good signings.

It's not a "stall for the next 6 years thing by any means."

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2016 04:12 PM

Paging Dayton... if it's not done yet, get on the phone and offer Cain for Lopez\Dunning.

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12601953)

The second forearm injury really, really ****ed the Royals. The Royals were poised to get Turner, Giolito, Michael Taylor, and Austin Voth for Cain and Davis ... until the injury.

Ho-ly shit. What's your confidence level on that info?

Because I'm about to cry.

duncan_idaho 12-07-2016 04:14 PM

And while I was typing that huge post, the White Sox pulled off the trade of the season.

I don't know if the Nationals felt sorry for the White Sox about the return they got for Sale or what... but holy other of God, that's an insane return for Eaton.

You're talking about the top pitching prospect in baseball, the No. 12-15 pitching prospect in baseball, and another very good pitching prospect in Dunning who still is far away but is a top 100 type.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Ouch.

Yeah, that's a transformational deal for KC. Especially since I think pretty highly of Taylor's potential as a flawed but dynamic player. He's kindof a cheap version of Ian Desmond. Granted, Ian Desmond kinda sucks, but Taylor's cheap. Cheap with a couple of real tools is valuable.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12601951)
No way. Really?

I mean...put Quintana in there WITH Eaton and that trade makes sense. But damn, Eaton for Dunning and Lopez straight across makes a lot of sense. Giolito is too much to give up for Eaton on his own.

Sumbitch, that's crazy. Cost control is driving teams out of their minds. These GMs are desperately trying to avoid the FA market so if you can peddle someone like Eaton with 5 years of below market team control in tow, I guess teams will pay dearly for them.

My thoughts exactly... there's gotta be more to it than that.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2016 04:16 PM

Half the CFers in the league just became available to the Nationals.

KevB 12-07-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12601961)
Paging Dayton... if it's not done yet, get on the phone and offer Cain for Lopez\Dunning.

As DJ said below, it's becoming clear that the serious trade pieces are players who are proven but have more than 1 year of team control. Cain as a 1 year guy coming off some injuries --- as much as we love him, I'm not sure how much value he has on the market.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12601951)
No way. Really?

ROFL Quintana is too valuable man do some ****ing research.

Rick Hahn being a boss at these meetings

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12601965)
And while I was typing that huge post, the White Sox pulled off the trade of the season.

I don't know if the Nationals felt sorry for the White Sox about the return they got for Sale or what... but holy other of God, that's an insane return for Eaton.

You're talking about the top pitching prospect in baseball, the No. 12-15 pitching prospect in baseball, and another very good pitching prospect in Dunning who still is far away but is a top 100 type.

What my ChiSox got for Sale is just fine. Moncada they say is Cano with speed and Kopech is like Syndergaard type plus the 2 others players in return

Prison Bitch 12-07-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12601976)
ROFL Quintana is too valuable man do some ****ing research.

Rick Hahn being a boss at these meetings

Lol you are such a homer

duncan_idaho 12-07-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12601982)
What my ChiSox got for Sale is just fine. Moncada they say is Cano with speed and Kopech is like Syndergaard type plus the 2 others players in return

Moncada and Kopech are great prospects. Elite, even. But that deal still looked a little light - just a bit - once what the Nats offered came out. (Giolito, Lopez, Robles).

The White Sox still ended up with two of those three players, so it works out in the long run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12601963)
Ho-ly shit. What's your confidence level on that info?

Because I'm about to cry.

About 85 percent. The guy who was keeping me updated travels with the team and is currently in suburban Washington DC at the moment...

I think I kind of downplayed it on here... was very depressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prison Bitch 12-07-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12601946)
No. It's a good article, give the dude some pageviews.

That said, he's right. It's reality for small and mid-market teams. You don't get to be great every year for a decade. You don't usually even get a full 5 years. Small and mid-market teams are going to ebb and flow.

The key is to be the Royals and not the Rays. The Rays are going to be shitty for awhile because they didn't get value when they could've on guys like Price and Longoria. Worse still, they didn't actually win the prize and the Royals did.

Or you can try to get lucky like the Pirates have done and when McCutchen gets a little older you have Polanco behind him. When you can't hold onto Volquez, you have Taillon and that 9 foot tall mother****er that can't throw strikes who's name escapes me (edit: Glasnow - I have no idea how anyone ever touches that guy). That allows you to force the window back open for another few years.

But those don't come out of nowhere - you have them when you need them or you don't. A view of the Royals farm system says they don't have them. Ventura is probably not going to be that ace and Duffy burned through too much service time to be the cheap reinforcement you needed. Zimmer's arm is hamburger and while Cuthbert is a nice player, he's not a cornerstone type that they needed to replace Hosmer as the Pirates have done with Polanco.

It's a hell of a lot harder to keep things going in modest markets. So Moore's going to have to keep doing stuff like this. It's not fair, but it's reality.

Usually, but re: KC 2017. You can't lump KC with all small markets for this season. We are not the Reds or Rays playing in a rough division. This thing is very winnable. Our window is open even with a team that looks .500 on paper

With Cain we were +13 last year. Really if he stays healthy (if!) this roster is no diff than last year's.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:31 PM

My Sox landed the top hitting and pitching prospect and haven't moved Quintana, Frazier, Melky or Abreu

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12601986)
Lol you are such a homer

No I'm not at all. Quintana has 4 years of control and is a goddamn good number 2 LHP. You don't package him with Eaton.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:32 PM

This is why I don't get the Royals. Should've spent money because the Sox and Twins are irrelevant. It's there for the taking. Detroit is aging but can still hit. Indians are the main threat.

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 04:33 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Nationals were down on Lucas Giolito, and the entire industry knew it. Put Giolito together with Don Cooper, and good things can happen.</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/806627132231340044">December 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

DJ's left nut 12-07-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12601998)
Usually, but re: KC 2017. You can't lump KC with all small markets for this season. We are not the Reds or Rays playing in a rough division. This thing is very winnable. Our window is open even with a team that looks .500 on paper

With Cain we were +13 last year. Really if he stays healthy (if!) this roster is no diff than last year's.

Hey, I've changed my mind.

The Royals are 3 years away from getting strafed by the !@#$ing Chisox, might as well try to grab another playoff run and see if you get lucky. They just put together a brand new rotation full of guys that can throw 100. That's unreal. Giolito and Lopez with Kopech and Rodon...man, that's some friggen gas right there. And really, they could still move Robertson for value and install Nate Jones for the future.

And while Frazier/Abreu won't get much back, Quintana will. Get on the horn with Chicago as I have to believe the Cubs see this as a direct assault on them. As JD noted, their rotation thins out a great deal after this season so why wouldn't they give up Happ, Jiminez and Candelario?

Lord, the Chisox just friggen re-loaded.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:39 PM

With that said, prospects all have a bust chance. We'll see how it goes in 2 years.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12602009)
Hey, I've changed my mind.

The Royals are 3 years away from getting strafed by the !@#$ing Chisox, might as well try to grab another playoff run and see if you get lucky. They just put together a brand new rotation full of guys that can throw 100. That's unreal. Giolito and Lopez with Kopech and Rodon...man, that's some friggen gas right there. And really, they could still move Robertson for value and install Nate Jones for the future.

And while Frazier/Abreu won't get much back, Quintana will. Get on the horn with Chicago as I have to believe the Cubs see this as a direct assault on them. As JD noted, their rotation thins out a great deal after this season so why wouldn't they give up Happ, Jiminez and Candelario?

Lord, the Chisox just friggen re-loaded.

They can also hold onto Abreu for another few months or another year and let him mentor Moncada when he comes up.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 04:50 PM

I'm curious about Royals fans thoughts on Soler? Pumped?

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12602030)
I'm curious about Royals fans thoughts on Soler? Pumped?

Scroll back thru a hundred pages. Jeesh.

KChiefs1 12-07-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

WOW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source confirms: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nationals?src=hash">#Nationals</a>, if deal is completed, will send Lucas Giolito, Dane Dunning and Reynaldo Lopez to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a> for Eaton.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/806620169019805700">December 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

Holy shit.

jd1020 12-07-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12602009)

I think the Cubs are more likely to sign an injury rehab player like Tyson Ross and hope he bounces back and ready to insert in the rotation for 2018.

duncan_idaho 12-07-2016 04:56 PM

All right, now that things have sunk in a bit and apparently we have a few quiet minutes ... Thought I'd break down what the Royals lineup/depth chart look like with the trade in mind.

General comment: OFfensively, I think you're improved even if Soler continues to be an enigmatic hitter. it's obviously a major improvement/boost if he lives up to the potential.

Would guess the lineup might look something like this (if Dyson is traded, it changes again):

Dyson (CF/RF)
Moustakas (3B/DH)
Cain (CF/RF/DH)
Hosmer (1B)
Perez (C - for now. If Soler hits, he'll take this spot quickly)
Gordon (LF)
Soler (RF/DH)
Merrifield (2B primarily, but also LF, RF, 3B)
Escobar (SS)

Rotation:

Duffy
Kennedy
Ventura
Vargas
Chris Young/Mike Minor/Strahm/16 other guys

Bullpen:

Herrera
Strahm (still think he ends up here for at least 2017)
FA signing (could be Hochevar, could be another scrap-heap guy they kind of resurrect) or internal option (Zimmer and Staumont both could be here, if Zimmer can stay healthy or Staumont can throw enough strikes)
Soria
Flynn

That's a team that still has a big question mark at the No. 5 spot in the rotation. If Moore can swing Jarrod Dyson for a guy to add some insurance at that spot, things start to look rosier.

Jharel Cotton is a guy that seems to be out of reach for JUST Dyson by himself, but I wonder what a sweetener like Hunter Dozier or Cheslor Cuthbert or Jorge Bonifacio would do for you.

I don't love giving up those guys, but in this case you'd be picking up a controllable young starter, and exchanging a controllable young position player. I'm going to dream and say they find a way to get Cotton (maybe they throw in a Miguel Almonte or Eric Skoglund to get the deal done).

Looking at 2018 and beyond, your core looks like this:

Position players:

SS - Mondesi
C - Perez
RF - Soler
LF - Gordon
3B - Dozier or Cuthbert

Starting Pitching:
Ventura
Kennedy
Cotton

Bullpen:
Herrera
Strahm
Staumont/Zimmer (or maybe even both)

Funny how adding one quality SP and one quality/high upside bat makes that look a lot different. If you want to dream a little, let's say the Royals also manage to extend Mike Moustakas and Danny Duffy and add them to the pool. Now you've got a team you expect to stay in it for the long haul.

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 05:01 PM

Duncan, Moore also has talked about rebuilding the bullpen. You think Dyson could fetch Sean Doolittle? The Royals previously have been linked to him, and he's under control for 4 years (that includes 2 team options) at reasonable prices.

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 05:02 PM

Also, here's a wild-ass idea: If Zimmer is A) healthy in the spring, and B) impressive, immediately put him in the ML bullpen to start the season so they can get SOMETHING out of him before he breaks down again.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12602044)
Duncan, Moore also has talked about rebuilding the bullpen. You think Dyson could fetch Sean Doolittle? The Royals previously have been linked to him, and he's under control for 4 years (that includes 2 team options) at reasonable prices.

Doolittle is trending dangerously close to that 'his arm may be hamburger' stage of his career.

Guys with injuries that are never fully diagnosed scare the hell out of me. Baseball is littered with guys who feel 'a knot', spend some time on the DL, have 3 or 4 truncated comebacks and then just kinda suck for awhile before they disappear.

Doolittle, like the Cards own Michael Wacha, isn't there yet. But he's getting closer. Gimme a TJ surgery over those guys with 'stiffness' every couple of months every time.

CaliforniaChief 12-07-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12602047)
Also, here's a wild-ass idea: If Zimmer is A) healthy in the spring, and B) impressive, immediately put him in the ML bullpen to start the season so they can get SOMETHING out of him before he breaks down again.

Zimmer's like my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder that needs to get smog-checked. On one of those crazy days where the Check Engine light isn't on, I drive that thing to the smog shop so fast you barely see me...get it tested, then it breaks down again.

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12602052)
Doolittle is trending dangerously close to that 'his arm may be hamburger' stage of his career.

Guys with injuries that are never fully diagnosed scare the hell out of me. Baseball is littered with guys who feel 'a knot', spend some time on the DL, have 3 or 4 truncated comebacks and then just kinda suck for awhile before they disappear.

Doolittle, like the Cards own Michael Wacha, isn't there yet. But he's getting closer. Gimme a TJ surgery over those guys with 'stiffness' every couple of months every time.

Good point.

KChiefs1 12-07-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12601965)

I'd have traded anybody on the Royals except Perez & Duffy for them.

Chiefspants 12-07-2016 05:10 PM

DJ you need to spend more of your time here.

TambaBerry 12-07-2016 05:15 PM

I'm sad now about the trade, why can't the royals get players like that?

siberian khatru 12-07-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12602068)

Because we don't have 6 WAR players under team-friendly contracts for the next 5 years.

jd1020 12-07-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Name the 6 WAR Royal with 5 years of control.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

You won a ****ing world series a year ago. Enjoy it.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Trying to be civil here,

Gee, thanks.

I'll just bow out to the expert here and eagerly await Soler's budding HoF career in Kansas City.

KChiefs1 12-07-2016 05:29 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/jorgeccas...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

lewdog 12-07-2016 05:39 PM

The Soler trade is a C+ from me. I am afraid his .240 average is his BA production at the MLB level and Kauffman will limit his power game. Tremendous upside though and could be an All-star if he develops some plate discipline. Had the Royals acquired even a low lever farm arm, this trade would have been much better. I am really shocked they didn't get a low level arm back in return along with Soler.

lewdog 12-07-2016 05:40 PM

Love Moncada as a player.

He's going to haunt us for years to come, I am sad to say.

duncan_idaho 12-07-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12602060)
I'd have traded anybody on the Royals except Perez & Duffy for them.

Funny you mention Salvador Perez, because he's the only Royal who probably commands that type of package, considering the value "control" has right now.

lewdog 12-07-2016 05:46 PM

Been hard keeping up with how fast this thread is moving. Pretty sure someone else mentioned this but the Cubs are the one's taking on a higher risk in this trade and I think that factors into this. Two injuries last year for Davis hurt us. If this was coming off Davis's '14-'15 campaign, we could have asked for the world. The 2016 Davis, while good when pitching, is fairly risky.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12602106)
Love Moncada as a player.

He's going to haunt us for years to come, I am sad to say.

We'll see. Prospects are prospects man that's all I'll say. He has huge talent no doubt. Just going to be fun when we got Tim Anderson and Yoan Moncada manning the middle of their defense (SS and 2B)

BWillie 12-07-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

WOW

That must be nice. Obviously Eaton should net more of a return than Davis because of controllable years, but yesh. Those are some amazing prospects.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12602063)
DJ you need to spend more of your time here.

I get yelled at a lot.

We have a common purpose right now (the winter meetings are FAP time for me) but invariably I'll say something like "Eric Hosmer is Mark Grace's far douchier cousin" and people will freak out.

lewdog 12-07-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12602127)
I get yelled at a lot.

We have a common purpose right now (the winter meetings are FAP time for me) but invariably I'll say something like "Eric Hosmer is Mark Grace's far douchier cousin" and people will freak out.

Take that back you bitch!!!!!

Prison Bitch 12-07-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12602120)
We'll see. Prospects are prospects man that's all I'll say. He has huge talent no doubt. Just going to be fun when we got Tim Anderson and Yoan Moncada manning the middle of their defense (SS and 2B)

I can just see it now: Sux race out to an early lead in 2019. Collapse middle of May. M'effingJones suddenly disappears from Royals threads.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12602150)
I can just see it now: Sux race out to an early lead in 2019. Collapse middle of May. M'effingJones suddenly disappears from Royals threads.

They sucked ass. Don't worry. The Royals are going to be awful next year when everyone leaves, so enjoy it now. People got mad that I'd come in and post, so I stopped and was banned from Royals threads anyways. So quit your crying pussy. It's not like I can't take the shit talking. They suck. Is what it is.

lewdog 12-07-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12602167)
They sucked ass. Don't worry. The Royals are going to be awful next year when everyone leaves, so enjoy it now. People got mad that I'd come in and post, so I stopped and was banned from Royals threads anyways. So quit your crying pussy. It's not like I can't take the shit talking. They suck. Is what it is.

You were banned because you don't know how to objectively talk baseball. It's the equivalent of me talking shit on the Cardinals, when they aren't doing well or we beat them, and then not posting relevant information when they are doing well.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12602188)
You were banned because you don't know how to objectively talk baseball. It's the equivalent of me talking shit on the Cardinals, when they aren't doing well or we beat them, and then not posting relevant information when they are doing well.

Ya whatever you say bud. Good luck to the Royals this season. They should go undefeated against the Sox lol.

lewdog 12-07-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12602202)
Ya whatever you say bud. Good luck to the Royals this season. They should go undefeated against the Sox lol.

I'm just telling you what you don't seem to understand.

I personally don't have a problem with it. I can ignore or shit talk anyone on here if I need.

I like all the moves the Sox have made. Great haul they are making. It's how to re-tool and they are doing it well.

Mother****erJones 12-07-2016 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12602206)

I personally don't have a problem with it. I can ignore or shit talk anyone on here if I need.

I like all the moves the Sox have made. Great haul they are making. It's how to re-tool and they are doing it well.

I have asked questions and have been told to **** off, so I've trolled at times. But all in good fun. I know the white sox deep down are shit. Last season, like every national media pundit, thought they'd compete for that WC game. Just hasn't worked at all with $5 bin walmart shopping like LaRoche and Navarro. Now, they did spend on Melky and Robertson who have been alright at times. Robertson dealt with a knee injury last season and wouldn't be a bad option for some team looking for a cheaper alternative to Chapman and Jansen.

On a serious note, what are your thoughts on the Royals and what they should do with the contract year guys? Just as a Sox fan, ya'll should be a lot better by getting healthier. Herrera should be fine at closer?

Your thoughts on Soler? He needs to stay healthy and he could really be a force. I think KC can compete with Cleveland and Detroit and I admire Moore's creativity. Just not sure about your rotation.

I just have to hope the Sox are ready to compete in 3 seasons. That's about the timeline with these guys. Take lumps for 2 years and hopefully get the number one pick and land a generational talented hitter. I've wanted a blow up rebuild for awhile now. So well see.

WilliamTheIrish 12-07-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12601607)
This board sucks Dorsey's dick hard who hasn't won shit yet gets pissed at Dayton who has actually won shit.

Not all of them. Just the usual suspects. It's ****ing hilarious.

Even better is the 50% of forearm issues =TJ.

duncan_idaho 12-07-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12602127)
I get yelled at a lot.

CP baseball threads are = ownage. Lot of great discussion and I find myself in a lot of good and challenging baseball conversations (you, hamas, PB, too many guys to name in the Royals threads, even the guest stars from random teams).

It's weird that it happens on a Chiefs board, but I like it just the same.

I probably would have gone apoplectic today without being pushed to look at Soler more closely by you ... and I haven't done that since at least the Aaron Crow - Daniel Nava dust up (the 6th is Aaron's inning), and possibly the Myers-Shields trade.

Al Bundy 12-07-2016 08:30 PM

I like the trade.

Go Royals 12-07-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12602362)
CP baseball threads are = ownage. Lot of great discussion and I find myself in a lot of good and challenging baseball conversations (you, hamas, PB, too many guys to name in the Royals threads, even the guest stars from random teams).

It's weird that it happens on a Chiefs board, but I like it just the same.

I probably would have gone apoplectic today without being pushed to look at Soler more closely by you ... and I haven't done that since at least the Aaron Crow - Daniel Nava dust up (the 6th is Aaron's inning), and possibly the Myers-Shields trade.

This is easily the best thread on the Planet

Pitt Gorilla 12-07-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12602206)

This. It has to feel pretty awesome to see your team pulling in stud prospects.

C3HIEF3S 12-07-2016 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12602314)

On a serious note, what are your thoughts on the Royals and what they should do with the contract year guys? Just as a Sox fan, ya'll should be a lot better by getting healthier. Herrera should be fine at closer?

Duffy should be extended, and I think he will before March without a problem.
Of Moose/Cain/Hosmer:
Moose is by far my go-to of these three, put whatever we can into keeping him here.
Cain is too old and has had far too many injuries to throw money at long-term.

This is entirely my opinion, but Hosmer can walk right the hell to New York or LA for all I care. Whatever any team pays him is going to be too much. Not because he is a bad guy, not because he isn't a key part of the clubhouse, he just isn't that great of a Major League first baseman. He can be great, but we've been thinking that for four years now. Luckily for KC, Hosmer decides to shine at the most-convenient of times. From April to September, however, it's just you average streaky ball player.

My $0.02.

EDIT: And to add, I don't care about Hosmer's 25 home runs last year. The entire ****ing league hit a stupid amount of home runs last year.

Posted this a while back, but just look at this bullshit and try to convince me that there hasn't been something up since Manfred took over:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuBo0_3XEAEJ0jT.jpg

TambaBerry 12-07-2016 09:06 PM

Astros are interested in duffy...

RealSNR 12-07-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12602430)

Yeah, I'll bet they ****ing are.

They can pay far out their asses if they want him.

KChiefs1 12-07-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12602374)
I like the trade.

Agreed

If they'd trade Cain & get something good in return I wouldn't be upset either because he is another player who I feel is on the downward spiral.

KChiefs1 12-07-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12602430)

Cool. The Royals need a good 2nd baseman and Altuve & Salvy go way back.

TambaBerry 12-07-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12602447)
Yeah, I'll bet they ****ing are.

They can pay far out their asses if they want him.

maybe their entire farm system?

tk13 12-07-2016 09:59 PM

I wish we got something else in addition to Soler. This trade just feels off because we traded an elite reliever for another team's bench player. But on the other hand if Davis does have a serious arm injury they did just give up super legit prospect for nothing.

On the flipside, if Davis is well rested and returns to form, the path to the World Series is going to be through Chicago, and good luck.

Sure-Oz 12-07-2016 10:43 PM

@JonHeyman: Royals checked in on old friend greg Holland but it appears they will be priced out.

Prison Bitch 12-07-2016 10:47 PM

Ned comments in the Star today were telling, saying he doesn't see Holland ever reaching his old velocity but that he's a bulldog competitor. That's a nice way of saying "nice knowing ya"

KC Hawks 12-07-2016 10:53 PM

Chapman gets 5 years 86 mil from the Yankees.

cosmo20002 12-07-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12602039)
Would guess the lineup might look something like this (if Dyson is traded, it changes again):

Dyson (CF/RF)
Moustakas (3B/DH)
Cain (CF/RF/DH)
Hosmer (1B)
Perez (C - for now. If Soler hits, he'll take this spot quickly)
Gordon (LF)
Soler (RF/DH)
Merrifield (2B primarily, but also LF, RF, 3B)
Escobar (SS)

Rotation:

Duffy
Kennedy
Ventura
Vargas
Chris Young/Mike Minor/Strahm/16 other guys

Bullpen:

Herrera
Strahm (still think he ends up here for at least 2017)
FA signing (could be Hochevar, could be another scrap-heap guy they kind of resurrect) or internal option (Zimmer and Staumont both could be here, if Zimmer can stay healthy or Staumont can throw enough strikes)
Soria
Flynn

Overall, 75% chance of dumpster fire

tk13 12-07-2016 10:54 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chapman goes to yanks. 86M.</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/806719922499973120">December 8, 2016</a></blockquote>