ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dental experiences with O.City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327128)

GloryDayz 12-13-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14653287)
Nah, I don’t usually ever even know what they did anyway. Don’t really care, not my job to judge them. I’m there to help with their tooth ache. Nothing more.

I do have a few PIA patients (I’ll let you figure that one out) that when I see their name on the schedule I kinda cringe but that’s pretty normal.

I get people had bad experiences and the dentist isn’t the funnest place to be. But it’s hard as shit to hit a moving target with a spinning drill so try to sit still

I hear the sweet young ladies who clean my teeth, when they see my name on the list, put their sexy undies on and wear their plunging neckline shirts.

lewdog 12-13-2019 10:40 AM

Do you introduce yourself as Doctor?

O.city 12-13-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14653458)

That’s 300k dollar piece of paper on my wall says dr o.city so you bet your ass I do

O.city 12-13-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14653451)
I hear the sweet young ladies who clean my teeth, when they see my name on the list, put their sexy undies on and wear their plunging neckline shirts.

I’m skeptical on that but you never know :)

lewdog 12-13-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14653466)
That’s 300k dollar piece of paper on my wall says dr o.city so you bet your ass I do

At work, sure.

But in public to people you don’t know?

O.city 12-13-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14653473)
At work, sure.

But in public to people you don’t know?

Oh, no

I’m not that pretentious

burt 12-13-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14653442)
Injections are the thing that most people hate understandably

Funny story on how we actually learned how to do those. We had the class of course did actually taught by a retired oral surgeon. Really great surgeon and teacher. Anesthesiology 1 or whatever

Then towards the end of the semester we have a Saturday booked up in the oral surgery clinic upstairs at the dental school where all the oral surgery residents are there and we dental students have to partner up. You give your partner the 10 main injections under supervision then switch places and get it done on you.

Stick and squirt is what they called it. I’d had a lot of dental work done as a kid so it did t bother me. A lot of people were kids of dentists or whatever so they’d always had perfect teeth and never a cavity or any issue so they freaked out.

One guy was doing a block on this chick and he went to lateral and the needle comes out the side of her cheek and we can see anesthetic squirting out. Two people pass out.

So we give each other two carps of lidocaine to do the injections. Everyone is numb everywhere

Then we head to the bar up the street for drink and drool

^ this is awesome.

Mecca 12-13-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14653480)
Oh, no

I’m not that pretentious

I'm not gonna lie I'm picturing you as the guy from the hangover now and all the people that tell him being a dentist is not a real doctor.

O.city 12-13-2019 11:02 AM

Yeah if anyone has a heart attack you should call a real doctor

O.city 12-13-2019 11:06 AM

https://www.instagram.com/tv/BzQm0eX...d=9lc81jgmio49

Had a few people pm me about wisdom teeth. Here’s a video of an oral surgeon taking 4 out under general sedation. These are pretty easy ones but it’s a cool video

GloryDayz 12-13-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14653469)
I’m skeptical on that but you never know :)

Well they are nice, and pretty. So I have no complaints..

O.city 12-13-2019 01:45 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNXiOrl...=1bjhvv6eipe9k

Someone asked me about fillings, this guy is pretty talented

Rain Man 12-13-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14653423)
Light complexion people with red hair always have trouble with anesthesia. It’s kinda folk lore and I’m not sure there’s actual literature there but they always have it in my office

Of course my father in law (who posts here hope he doesn’t read this lol) is that way and I have to work on him. He always bitches at me he needs more anesthetic. I’m pretty sure he’s just a baby

And yeah the gas helps. It’s more just turns your give a damn down it doesn’t do anything for anesthesia

I kind of fit that description. I don't usually have trouble with anesthetics, but the last time I got a filling I had a new dentist, and she had to give me something like five shots. After the fourth one, I was thinking, "Are you trying to save money on anesthesia or something?" The first three shots had zero impact at all on me. It was odd.

BlackHelicopters 12-13-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14653458)

You’re goddamn right.

Sofa King 12-13-2019 07:55 PM

This is the best thread on CP right now.