ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Soooooo... Dorsey is a butt****ing moron, right? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315122)

TLO 09-21-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13749744)
To be fair there are plenty of NFL GM's that are total buffoons, Plenty of people on this forum could have outperformed Scott Pioli or Carl Peterson for most of his drafts.

LMAO

Mecca 09-21-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13749748)
What?? The CP Brain Trust has never been wrong!! This is the best collection of football minds on the planet.

Generally what all the draft talk proves is everyone has their preferences, the top of the line prospects are pretty easily known it's just preference.

Where a GM can really show some talent is along with scouts finding a real gem in the later rounds that comes from a little school a guy like Tyreek Hill shows Dorsey's acumen.

Where you get into trouble with GM's is a lot of them think they need to show how brilliant they are even when casual fan knows who you should be picking.

Mecca 09-21-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13749750)
LMAO

You could have outperformed Scott Pioli's first draft with a beer in one hand and a website in front of you, I ain't playing either.

NO ONE would take Tyson Jackson in the top 5 and that alone would improve it.

BossChief 09-21-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13749752)
You could have outperformed Scott Pioli's first draft with a beer in one hand and a website in front of you, I ain't playing either.

NO ONE would take Tyson Jackson in the top 5 and that alone would improve it.

Toilet brush or poverty Tyreek

Eleazar 09-21-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13749769)
Toilet brush or poverty Tyreek

Toilet Brush, Vernon Gholston, Taylor Mays, Geno Smith, how many other CP draft heroes could we name?

chiefzilla1501 09-21-2018 08:20 AM

Denzel ward has been a freak of nature so far. Really good pick by Dorsey.

TLO 09-21-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13749788)
Toilet Brush, Vernon Gholston, Taylor Mays, Geno Smith, how many other CP draft heroes could we name?

Geno Smith was by far the best. LMAO

Mecca 09-21-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13749788)

That is why the draft is such a hit or miss thing. We could each watch the same player and see something completely different. That's why some teams have a knack for some positions and others don't.

The Steelers for example have a knack for finding WR's that can perform yet they can't evaluate secondary players for shit.

It's a crapshot even for the guys that do it for a living, from fans to professionals if we sit down and call out players we like we will all have hits and misses.

Chris Meck 09-21-2018 08:30 AM

I liked Mayfield a lot before the draft, and I like him even more now. Yeah, he's cocky, he's a ****ing QB. He's used to adversity, and he's a winner. He's got 'IT'. I think it's going to be fun the next ten or twelve years with the new generation of great QB's taking over the league-I'm just glad we've got one. Mahomes, Wentz, and Mayfield are the new deal. I know it's only one game, but the difference was striking last night. I think he's the real thing.

Mecca 09-21-2018 08:32 AM

I still really don't like Jared Goff and think if that coach had been given one of these other guys the Rams would be even better than they are.

chiefzilla1501 09-21-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13749807)
I still really don't like Jared Goff and think if that coach had been given one of these other guys the Rams would be even better than they are.

I think he's definitely a system QB.

kccrow 09-21-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13749735)
It's early but Dorsey's first round picks aren't looking too bad 3 weeks into the season.

Mayfield surprised and impressed me, even if he did make a lot of first read throws. He looks to get the ball out fast and was a little antsy a few times in the pocket when it wasn't there right away. That isn't a bad thing, but it got him in trouble once when he just made a throw to make a throw down in the end zone. I think he's gonna be pretty good with some seasoning but as they all say, "give him some time."

Knew Ward would be a solid get for them and they didn't need Chubb all along which is why I couldn't understand him getting mocked there incessantly.

Chris Meck 09-21-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13749807)

I agree.

Mecca 09-21-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13749810)
Mayfield surprised and impressed me, even if he did make a lot of first read throws. He looks to get the ball out fast and was a little antsy a few times in the pocket when it wasn't there right away. That isn't a bad thing, but it got him in trouble once when he just made a throw to make a throw down in the end zone. I think he's gonna be pretty good with some seasoning but as they all say, "give him some time."

Knew Ward would be a solid get for them and they didn't need Chubb all along which is why I couldn't understand him getting mocked there incessantly.

Because a lot of people have this idea that if you have top 10 picks its QB, pass rusher or LT, anything else isn't worth it.

I don't think Chubb is going to be an elite level player so I can easily see why they liked Ward more, not to mention Myles Garrett could be the best pass rusher in the league in a year or 2.

Chris Meck 09-21-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13749810)

He's not going to touch Mahomes level this year...but looks a little like Mahomes LAST year. I think he'll have his ups and downs, but the talent and will to win are there. Obviously he doesn't have the arm strength-but nobody does.