ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ESPN readying "hit piece" on the Pats dynasty (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312879)

In58men 01-05-2018 08:36 AM

Brady tired of BB negativity.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1461160

ChiefGator 01-05-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13332016)
A Pat's team plane crash is the hero we all really need to seal this dynasty properly.

You all are tooling off the deep end wishing for stuff like this.. seriously.

Hats off to the Patriots.. may we have as much success.

ChiefGator 01-05-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13332019)
Brady tired of BB negativity.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1461160

In 8 years he will be thanking BB for constantly pushing him into being the GOAT as he is inducted into the HOF.

Why has our news degraded so much into tabloid crap and sensationalism.. honestly.

Mecca 01-05-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13332022)
In 8 years he will be thanking BB for constantly pushing him into being the GOAT as he is inducted into the HOF.

Why has our news degraded so much into tabloid crap and sensationalism.. honestly.

Because we have 24/7 coverage of everything, there is not enough material to cover that without this type of stuff.

ChiefGator 01-05-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13332025)
Because we have 24/7 coverage of everything, there is not enough material to cover that without this type of stuff.

Yep, agreed.

And the increased competition for our precious attention (to push ads on us) with the rise of the internet as well I guess.

Amnorix 01-05-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13331396)
You make no sense. The Patriots and Chiefs aren't rivals and Brady is still New England's QB after Pollard tore his ACL.

Belichick spurned the Jets to go to the Pats. Then the Jets injured Bledsoe, which made room for Brady to start. Plus Spygate and all that stuff.

The two teams I view as the rivals to the Pats since Belichick's been there are the Colts and Jets. Not the Chiefs.

Trust me when I say no one in New England views the Chiefs as any kind of rival to the Patriots. We really haven't played them in enough big games, nor have we actually lost any big games to the Chiefs.

Amnorix 01-05-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13331404)
The Chiefs under Andy have been the Evil Empire's Achilles heel. To finish them off in their place would be very fitting, especially after many of their fans are begging for the chance to bring us back to Foxborough. They want to prove that week one was a fluke.

?

A meaningless loss early in the Patriots 2014 championship season, and an opening day loss in a 13-3 season that resulted in the Patriots having the #1 seed in the AFC? Being beaten by the Pats in the 2016 playoffs on their way to another SB win?

That's not achilles heel. That's not even funny bone whacked.

I'm not dissing the Chiefs -- the Patriots haven't actually PLAYED them in enough big games for them to even have the opportunity to BE the achilles heel.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-05-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13332029)
Trust me when I say no one in New England views the Chiefs as any kind of rival to the Patriots. We really haven't played them in enough big games, nor have we actually lost any big games to the Chiefs.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c7/c789e...aa00a65140.jpg

Nzoner 01-05-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

I realize game 1 this season wasn't huge but in week 2 I visited Minnesota to hang with Katie from here and we watched the Philly/KC game together at a sports bar wearing our Chiefs gear.

We had at least 3 Vikings fans come up to us and not only congratulate but thank us for the Chiefs week 1 win.

Oh and FWIW if by somehow the teams meet again and KC finds a way to win again I know a few Pats fans who will then call it a rivalry.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-05-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

But two of your largest losses came at the hands of Reid and Smith. That doesn't make you nervous at all?

The last victory over us Houston was limping, Maclin could barely even run, and Charles was on the sideline with a shredded acl.

Amnorix 01-05-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13331428)
Again, two regular season games do not mean anything.

I was going to post the Broncos and I am aware that playing in Denver is Belichick's waterloo. But I figured that their more recent success vs New England was in part due to Manning.

I know McFistPump beat him in '09 with Orton and went crazy.

Pats lost to the Broncos in the 2005 playoffs, which ended their chances of a three-peat, and in the 2015 AFCCG, which denied them another SB trip and a chance to repeat.

Pats BB/Brady era rivals in no particular order:

1. Giants (duh)
2. Broncos
3. Peyton
4. Jets/Dolphins, just due to divisional hatred, and both giving the Pats trouble either consistently (Dolphins) or in some key games (Jets in the playoffs).
5. Steelers (though we have beaten them like a drum for 15 years. Too many big games).
6. Colts (sort of. Mostly covered by Peyton, but also the Grigson/Deflategate absurdity).

That's all I can think of.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-05-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13332033)
?

A meaningless loss early in the Patriots 2014 championship season, and an opening day loss in a 13-3 season that resulted in the Patriots having the #1 seed in the AFC? Being beaten by the Pats in the 2016 playoffs on their way to another SB win?

That's not achilles heel. That's not even funny bone whacked.

I'm not dissing the Chiefs -- the Patriots haven't actually PLAYED them in enough big games for them to even have the opportunity to BE the achilles heel.

Is it meaningless if it got the fans to stop mumbling about going 19-0??

Rams Fan 01-05-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13332046)
Is it meaningless if it got the fans to stop mumbling about going 19-0??

Yes, it is meaningless.

Again, regular season vs postseason.

You don't think if the Pats lost to the Giants in Week 17 in 2007 but beat the Giants in the SB that the Giants would be viewed differently?

Amnorix 01-05-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13332042)
But two of your largest losses came at the hands of Reid and Smith. That doesn't make you nervous at all?

The last victory over us Houston was limping, Maclin could barely even run, and Charles was on the sideline with a shredded acl.

In a playoff game? Yes, absolutely nervous. I think Reid is a great coach (outside of clock management), and Smith is exactly the right kind of QB to defeat a BB team/defense. BB's defense is largely predicated on forcing long drives and making you play error free football. Smith plays ALOT of error-free football. That gives us problems.

I won't get into injury comparisons. Putting that aside, missing Berry for the rematch in Foxboro will definitely not help your cause.

None of that makes the Chiefs an achilles heel or rival, however. IF the Chiefs DID beat the Patriots in a playoff game in Foxboro, THEN they would certainly start to become one.

Amnorix 01-05-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13331711)
I think it's the exact opposite....it gives them an excuse this season.

They've had an excuse to lose EVERY f'n season.