ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ILB Gerald Hodges visiting Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306499)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2017 03:31 PM

Wants a bit more coin than we are offering. All depends who else offers.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12781402)
I'd say he's not signing here if he hasn't by now, but who knows

Yeah, kinda my guess.

Chiefs were hoping to get him cheap, he's not ready to sign for cheap yet so he's going to take other visits and/or wait until the market thins out and teams circle back.

Seems more likely than not that he goes elsewhere at this point. Would've been a nice piece but sometimes you just can't come together.

raybec 4 03-13-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12781416)
Yeah, kinda my guess.

Chiefs were hoping to get him cheap, he's not ready to sign for cheap yet so he's going to take other visits and/or wait until the market thins out and teams circle back.

Seems more likely than not that he goes elsewhere at this point. Would've been a nice piece but sometimes you just can't come together.

The upshot is that he hasn't signed anywhere yet. I don't know who else he's visited but obviously he feels his price point is different than some teams see it. The Eagles are supposed to still be shopping Kendricks too, so we have options.

J Diddy 03-13-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12781395)
I wonder what's up with this guy? It's been 4 days since this was reported and he's probably left town by now, but I don't see any reports about him going to visit somewhere else.

Hope we sign this dude bc him and Logan would be really nice pieces to add to the front 7.

He was silent in pass coverage....and also media coverage...and cell phone coverage.

He's got Geico though so his insurance coverage is thru teh roofiez

Mr. Laz 03-13-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12779686)
Now who is the salty bitch? LOL calm down man. Sorenson is good and makes plays. He'll be even more involved next year.

I am a salty bitch. You can't keep paying big money for average guys. We seem to be overpaying guys just because 'they are our own'

It's looking more and more like we overpaid Fisher.

LDT will have to do some HUGE growing to make his contract.

Sorenson's contract isn't huge but it's still overpaying a jag. At least Sorenson has a nose for the ball.

People around here love Ron Parker, but I think he's overpaid too. At least if we move Parker to slot corner, his contract will fit better and his shitty tackle won't be such a big issue.

None of these guys are really game changers.

It's just a bad trend imo

jjchieffan 03-13-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12781841)
I am a salty bitch. You can't keep paying big money for average guys. We seem to be overpaying guys just because 'they are our own'

Sorenson's contract isn't huge but it's still overpaying a jag. At least Sorenson has a nose for the ball.

People around here love Ron Parker, but I think he's overpaid too. At least if we move Parker to slot corner, his contract will fit better and his shitty tackle won't be such a big issue.

It just continues to baffle me how you aren't an NFL GM. You sure do think that you know more than the guys that are paid to evaluate them.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2017 08:35 PM

Those comtracts are all relative and drop in value every time a new deal is struck. Why don't you morons get that?

Direckshun 03-13-2017 08:39 PM

There's no real downside to handling our cap like this, Laz. We had the cap room to cover Berry. That's all you need. You need the cap room to sign your studs back when you need them back. The rest of the space is there for spending.

Our gameplay is to keep our central studs and locker room leaders, and make sure we are better on our roster slots of 10-35 than every other roster in the NFL.

We all know that we're a stud QB away. Other than that glaring problem, we've got everything we need.

Personally, I think we are 100% fine to keep spending on these midlevel guys UNTIL Peters is up for contract. Peters is going to break the bank and our roster may have to be thinned out to do it.

-King- 03-13-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12781841)

Once again what games can you use to prove Parker is a better corner than safety? And what games can you use to prove that he's a bad safety?

I'll listen off the air. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-13-2017 08:48 PM

Parker is a big reason our scoring D is so good. Rarely dies does this team get beat over the top for a score

The Bad Guy 03-13-2017 08:49 PM

Laz is the worst at talent analysis on this board and that's saying something.

Sorensen is far from a jag. Ron Parker at 5 million a season is overpaid. Wow. Wow. Wow. Ron Parker was a terrible corner unless he was covering Sammy Watkins. He stunk otherwise.

Dunerdr 03-13-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12781887)
Those comtracts are all relative and drop in value every time a new deal is struck. Why don't you morons get that?

This fishers and ldt actually look pretty fair after the most recent wave of signings. Berry didn't even look terrible compared to the free agent performances vs pay that some guys got.

Direckshun 03-13-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12781913)
Laz is the worst at talent analysis on this board and that's saying something.

Sorensen is far from a jag. Ron Parker at 5 million a season is overpaid. Wow. Wow. Wow. Ron Parker was a terrible corner unless he was covering Sammy Watkins. He stunk otherwise.

To be fair...

I can't think of another team in the NFL that invests medium-size to big-time money in three safeties.

We have $130 million tied up in our safeties.

Jakemall 03-13-2017 09:23 PM

ILB will be drafted.

RunKC 03-13-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12781956)
To be fair...

I can't think of another team in the NFL that invests medium-size to big-time money in three safeties.

We have $130 million tied up in our safeties.

Doesn't work that way homie. Very few players see the entirety of their deal, just gauranteed $$.

2017-entire secondary makes less than $18 million combined.
2018-entire secondary makes less than $26 million combined.

That's not bad really, especially this season.