ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith will be the Chiefs’ QB in 2017, but he knows the pressure is on (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305615)

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12719003)
The same people who were loudly proclaming we had an undefensible group of skill position players in preseason are now shitting on same group of skill position players.

You can't have it both ways.

**** you.

You said Ty Hill was just a guy.

Your ass should be banned, again, you mother****ing loser piece of shit.

Your stupid **** also said the Chiefs wouldn't win 10 games.

Should I share your rep note, Claynus?

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles25 (Post 12719002)
Yeah, a trash receiving corps outside two huge playmakers.

I think most QBs would be pretty happy with a receiving corps of Maclin/Hill/Kelce/Conley. Not to mention that Ware is a good receiving back.

Maclin sucked. Ware was injured frequently.

But hey, dumb****, the Chiefs still won 12 games, so they did something right, right?

Mephistopheles Janx 01-31-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12718999)
I don't care about yards given up, especially on the ground.

It's a passing league, which should be evident to anyone that watches the game and realizes the two best passing offenses in the NFL are squaring off Sunday.

Sutton runs the "Bend, don't break" and held the Steelers to six field goals.

The Patriots gave up two TD's to the same offense.

The Chiefs defense isn't at issue.

I agree. BUT... if there is one glaring hole in the Chiefs defense it is their inability to stop the run. Especially after DJ went down. I also agree that this is a pass first league but that said, had they been able to hold Bell to 120 yards vs 170 yards... that would likely have been the game.

Not to say that we could have asked them to perform better against the Steelers or that the D is a problem. We should have been able to score more than 16 at home.

St. Patty's Fire 01-31-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12719013)
Maclin sucked. Ware was injured frequently.

So you mention that Ware was injured but not Maclin?

Quote:

But hey, dumb****, the Chiefs still won 12 games, so they did something right, right?
What is even your point here? Aside from insulting me for no reason like a douchebag?

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles25 (Post 12719019)
So you mention that Ware was injured but not Maclin?

What is even your point here? Aside from insulting me for no reason like a douchebag?

:facepalm:

I mentioned Maclin was ****ed up all season long.

Where the hell have you been?

Do you need a season recap with every post?

St. Patty's Fire 01-31-2017 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12719020)
:facepalm:

I mentioned Maclin was ****ed up all season long.

Where the hell have you been?

Do you need a season recap with every post?

Sorry I don't read your every post, I tend to value my brain cells.

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 12719018)
I agree. BUT... if there is one glaring hole in the Chiefs defense it is their inability to stop the run. Especially after DJ went down. I also agree that this is a pass first league but that said, had they been able to hold Bell to 120 yards vs 170 yards... that would likely have been the game.

Not to say that we could have asked them to perform better against the Steelers or that the D is a problem. We should have been able to score more than 16 at home.

Any time an NFL team holds the opposing team to 20 points or less, that team should win, hands down.

Blaming the defense for the loss against Pittsburgh, Houston, Tampa or Tennessee is outright ****ing stupid.

The offense need to score more than 12 or 17 or 18 points if the team wants to win an average game.

The Chiefs failed.

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles25 (Post 12719025)
Sorry I don't read your every post, I tend to value my brain cells.

Considering the quality of your posts, that's a good decision

Mephistopheles Janx 01-31-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12719026)
Any time an NFL team holds the opposing team to 20 points or less, that team should win, hands down.

Pretty sure that is exactly what I said.

Quote:

Blaming the defense for the loss against Pittsburgh, Houston, Tampa or Tennessee is outright ****ing stupid.
Pretty sure I said the D wasn't to blame.

Quote:

The offense need to score more than 12 or 17 or 18 points if the team wants to win an average game.

The Chiefs failed.
Agreed.

---

You are missing the context of my posting. I'm stating that our D is fantastic. IF there was one area in which they could stand to improve... it would be the run defense. The biggest hole in our run defense is at ILB. By drafting or picking up an ILB in FA they could address that issue.

Do you disagree with that?

Mr. Laz 01-31-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 12719034)
I'm stating that our D is fantastic.

Our defense is not fantastic, give up too many yards to be fantastic.

Defense is solid and opportunistic

Mephistopheles Janx 01-31-2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12719039)

Ok... I can go with that. :D

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 12719034)
You are missing the context of my posting. I'm stating that our D is fantastic. IF there was one area in which they could stand to improve... it would be the run defense. The biggest hole in our run defense is at ILB. By drafting or picking up an ILB in FA they could address that issue.

Do you disagree with that?

It's not that I disagree, it's that I don't think the Chiefs should throw valuable resources (i.e) cap space and high draft picks on defensive players.

A slippery running back, better guard play and better WR play will go just as far, IMO, in eliminating the run game issue as would throwing dough and picks at "run stufffers".

This league is all about QB play, WR's, TE's and dynamic RB"s (not run of the mill guys like West and Ware)

Shore those positions up and the defensive stats against the run change considerably.

kcchiefsus 01-31-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12718997)
Like i said, no QB will be good enough until we win a super bowl.

Doesn't mean a **** whether we draft him or not.

Only an elite QB, who takes us to the super bowl, will keep the hounds at bay.

If we had the season Oakland did this year I'd be pretty content knowing that there will still be ups and downs, but with a young QB at the helm we would never be totally out of the race. I personally would be fine with 10-6 or 12-4 type seasons where we make it to the playoffs but don't win it all as long as we had a young QB who gave us a glimmer of hope for the future.

Instead we're stuck with a **** stick like Alex Smith and are left with the realization that we have almost no chance of things being better unless absolutely everything goes our way.

St. Patty's Fire 01-31-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12719039)

Agreed.

Our D has several playmakers that can make people forget that they tend to be on the field for awhile. It's more dynamic than stout (outside the red zone where they were very good). And of the course the run D was a massive issue.

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles25 (Post 12719054)
Agreed.

Our D has several playmakers that can make people forget that they tend to be on the field for awhile. It's more dynamic than stout (outside the red zone where they were very good). And of the course the run D was a massive issue.

It was a "massive issue" because the OFFENSE repeatedly failed on 3rd downs.

You're ****ing stupid.