ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Just ate at Golden Corral for the first time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300086)

Mennonite 05-30-2016 02:47 PM

I can't wait to hear about the fascinating conversation Dane had at his local juicery with the guy who played Isaac on The Love Boat. C'mon Dane - give us some dirt on Captain Stubing.

DaneMcCloud 05-30-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12253020)
Personally I can't wait until we get vegetables and skinless chicken in KC. I've heard they are good.

You'll love it

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 05-30-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 12253027)
I can't wait to hear about the fascinating conversation Dane had at his local juicery with the guy who played Isaac on The Love Boat. C'mon Dane - give us some dirt on Captain Stubing.

I, for one, refuse to pay $30 dollars for six bottles of pressed juicery.

Now that's dumbassery.

Rams Fan 05-30-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12253026)
You're a ****ing moron that clearly didn't understand the question.

Your "solution" was to eat out less. That's just ****ing stupid.

If there are all of these great low cal places that serve delicious food nearby, why not list them?

Huh, ****tard?

Eating healthy food at a restaraunt is more expensive than eating unhealthy food, in my experience at least. Partially due to how expensive produce is.

Also, where I'm from I'm from in St. Louis, I'm less than 10 minutes away a from place that pretty much exclusively serves salad(it's called Crushed Red) and a place that serves primarily wraps (Crazy Bowls and Wraps). Granted, I'm not from KC, but St. Louis is still Midwestern enough to be compared to it.

DaneMcCloud 05-30-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 12253034)
Eating healthy food at a restaraunt is more expensive than eating unhealthy food, in my experience at least. Partially due to how expensive produce is.

I guess that depends on the comparison. If you're comparing Dollar Menu to a place in which a chicken salad will run $9.99 or more, than yeah, that's expensive.

But if it's a comp like sushi to a salad, it's not likely to be much different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 12253034)
Also, where I'm from I'm from in St. Louis, I'm less than 10 minutes away a from place that pretty much exclusively serves salad(it's called Crushed Red) and a place that serves primarily wraps (Crazy Bowls and Wraps). Granted, I'm not from KC, but St. Louis is still Midwestern enough to be compared to it.

Yeah but like TinyEvel reference, if the salad is choked full of bacon and bleu cheese, you're not doing yourself any favors (don't know anything about Crushed Red, so I'm not speaking from experience with it).

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-30-2016 02:56 PM

If you want to eat healthy, eat at home.

No great mystery here.

Stewie 05-30-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12253026)
You're a ****ing moron that clearly didn't understand the question.

Your "solution" was to eat out less. That's just ****ing stupid.

If there are all of these great low cal places that serve delicious food nearby, why not list them?

Huh, ****tard?

Paulo and Bill's is two minutes from my house. They've been around for years and have won a ton of awards. It's an Italian restaurant and do great pasta, chicken and fish entrees. They only post the take out menu, so the in-house menu is more extensive. Low cal is easily done here. I'd list the others but it's not worth the effort.

http://www.pauloandbill.com/wp-conte...-Menu-2016.pdf

All the other things you mentioned are a dime a dozen. They're like Starbucks... one on every corner. Sushi takes a drive but that's not my thing.

Bowser 05-30-2016 03:02 PM

**** every last one of you. Time for some chili cheese fries...

http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...3cMxMcIw/o.jpg

Rams Fan 05-30-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12253038)
I guess that depends on the comparison. If you're comparing Dollar Menu to a place in which a chicken salad will run $9.99 or more, than yeah, that's expensive.

But if it's a comp like sushi to a salad, it's not likely to be much different.

Yeah but like TinyEvel reference, if the salad is choked full of bacon and bleu cheese, you're not doing yourself any favors.

A better comparison would be the cost of a burger and fries to the expense of a salad. I would bet that would be more expensive.

Regarding the healthiness of a salad. You're correct. But that applies with almost anything that is defined as healthy, as in, you can easily make it unhealthy, like ****ing deep frying an apple.

Bowser 05-30-2016 03:04 PM

Hell, compare the price of a grocery list buying strictly healthy vs. buying unhealthy options. Eating healthy is upwards of twice as expensive, even at home.

DaneMcCloud 05-30-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12253049)
Hell, compare the price of a grocery list buying strictly healthy vs. buying unhealthy options. Eating healthy is upwards of twice as expensive, even at home.

The one thing that I noticed when I first moved to Los Angeles was that the beef was far more expensive (and proportionally less tasty) than in KC but the fruits and vegetables far cheaper and flavorful.

I can get six hearts of Romaine at Costco for $2.79 ($1.99 at Ralphs). A three pound bag of spinach for $2.49, Foster Farms boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $2.79 a pound, three pounds of bananas for $1.69, 1.5 pounds of raspberries for $3.49, two pounds of strawberries for $5.99 and so on.

Now, compare that to two pounds of Doritos or Ruffles at $5.99 or two loaves for Orowheat bread for $5.99 or hamburger at $5.99, etc., and eating healthier, at least where I live, is less expensive.

Plus man, when it's hot, (which it often is in SoCal), I just don't want to walk around with a greasy burger or fries or a heavy meal in stomach all the time. Once a month? Sure but I'd just become a slug if I did that more often.

Oh, and back on topic: I've never eaten at a Golden Corral. The only buffet that I can recall eating in the last 30 years is at a Soup Plantation, in which I ate a salad only. It was just across the street from the hospital in which my first child was born and seemed like a decent option.

While the food was decent, I couldn't help but feel like cattle.

Stewie 05-30-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12253049)

Aldi is your friend. I'm not sure where you live, but they've been really aggressive on pricing for all things healthy. Gluten free, organic, local veggies and myriad other things.

Bugeater 05-30-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12253046)
**** every last one of you. Time for some chili cheese fries...

http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...3cMxMcIw/o.jpg

Would plow with no regrets.

SAUTO 05-30-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 12253073)
Would plow with no regrets.

Me too.

Easy 6 05-30-2016 03:59 PM

The food at Golden Corral isnt all that bad if you dont go in expecting gourmet fare, same as just about any buffet

But yeah, it IS always off putting to see all of the fat asses in them. It never fails to be atleast 80% fat families, husband, wife and all rugrats... obese