ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Will the Big X be left out of the playoff again this year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296052)

Prison Bitch 11-16-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11888835)
They also have the conferences ranked exactly as I said.

SEC
Big 12
PAC
B1G
ACC

It says the Least is worse than the Big 12.

Eleazar 11-16-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11888797)
I love the Big 12, it's just fairly obvious they are very very weak at football. And have been for the last two years or so. Clearly the SEC, Big 10 are much better. Big 12 is now on par in football w/ the Pac 12 or ACC.

People struggle to overcome their bias when one of their teams is in a certain conference. Just how people are, they aren't objective when they are biased.

The Big X is not on par with the PAC-12.

Bambi 11-16-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 11888371)
They're not, but lol okay. Alabama is taken over Oklahoma 10 times out of 10.

I think the B1G is about the same. Nobody is talking about Iowa at all.

You should check the numbers. Sorry to let you down.

Florida is worth more than OU but Texas can buy Florida two times over. SEC is second rate. Numbers don't lie.

The people in your conference simply aren't worth enough.

Bambi 11-16-2015 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11888825)
Saying the B1G is much better than the Big 12 is laughable. There isn't a conference in football that is significantly better than the Big 12, and I'm biased against them.

Keep hearing the alums with money want to move back to a "midwestern" conference. The absence of Kansas on the schedule has lead many to lobby to come back to the Big 12.

Not sure they'd take you now knowing what the campus situation is though.

Bambi 11-16-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11888817)
Cumulative computer ranking for all 55 available services:

4. OU
6. Okie
9. Baylor
10. TCU

So I really can't understand your point about "bias" at all.

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

so boss

GloucesterChief 11-16-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11888008)

The Pac 12 is ****ing terrible.

The $EC is the worst they've been in a long time.

The Pac12 isn't terrible it just has no great teams this year. It has 4 or 5 really good teams that beat up on each other and issues like drunk coaches and injuries to QBs.

mnchiefsguy 11-17-2015 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11889529)
Keep hearing the alums with money want to move back to a "midwestern" conference. The absence of Kansas on the schedule has lead many to lobby to come back to the Big 12.

Not sure they'd take you now knowing what the campus situation is though.

More lies from Bambi. He does not have one shred of proof to back up this claim.

And given that KU had a grad student go on a hunger strike, and there are calls for student leadership to resign due to racism concerns....I am not sure KU has any room to be talking about anything going on other campuses.

Prison Bitch 11-17-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 11889826)

And given that KU had a grad student go on a hunger strike, and there are calls for student leadership to resign due to racism concerns....I am not sure KU has any room to be talking about anything going on other campuses.

I know you're not that stupid.

Bambi 11-17-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 11889826)
More lies from Bambi. He does not have one shred of proof to back up this claim.

lol, he quit because no one cared.

We don't have the problems you guys do.

A few kids got together last week and yelled things at the chancellor and made themselves look like idiots. That's been the extent of the "issues".

jspchief 11-17-2015 09:07 PM

So if Iowa wins out, they have to be in even if they face michst instead of ohst. That leaves the final spot for an unbeaten okst, or 1 loss ND or OU.

tk13 11-17-2015 09:16 PM

Iowa is definitely in if they win out. I still think if Notre Dame is even in the conversation, they'll be in. OU or Oklahoma State will have to run it up on their opponents to have a chance. Doesn't matter how many numbers and formulas you throw at it. The amount of money that'll be made by having Notre Dame in the playoffs will be hard to resist.

Saul Good 11-17-2015 09:18 PM

Condi Rice and company don't give a shit about how much money the playoffs bring in. If OSU wins out, they are in.

Bambi 11-17-2015 09:20 PM

It will all come down to Bedlam. The committee head basically said it on live TV.

jspchief 11-17-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11891263)
Condi Rice and company don't give a shit about how much money the playoffs bring in. If OSU wins out, they are in.

Yeah, Notre Dame with only one loss against the best team in the country or Oklahoma State with 0 losses. Either team deserves to be in. But how do you explain the one that gets left out? How can you say Alabama deserves to be in?

The playoff system is better, but still has issues. One things certain, the next few weeks of college football will be fun to watch.

jspchief 11-17-2015 09:38 PM

How about a 1 loss big ten team? If Ohio st beats msu the loses to michigan, then beats Iowa in the championship game? I doubt a 1 loss Iowa team gets in, but if they lose @ Nebraska then beat Ohio st?