ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet LNBS - The People's Mod... term limits? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295669)

listopencil 10-28-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11843456)
I think this is ****ing stupid.

Austin OWNS this place, he makes the decisions.

^

TimBone 10-28-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11844575)
I got to visit that day and passed on the blow job. I'm better than that.

What a waste.

SAUTO 10-28-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11844603)
What a waste.

Would have been for me.

listopencil 10-28-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11844479)
Youre dead wrong. They haven't violated any TOS, and they are getting banned arbitrarily for saying something you don't like.

A much better way to handle it would be if everyone was responsible to ignore people they don't like.

I personally like reading some of the things you don't think are 'positive'. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on where that line is....

To ban SOME people for these violations and not others is stupid and unfair.

Either have a rule where you cant say anything negative in game threads or don't. Don't make it selective based on a whim. Limit people to post once every 5 minutes or 3 minutes if you want to cut down the number of posts. But make it fair and transparent and easily understandable.

I would be saying the same thing about anyone. Even the people I disagree with. I do not think you are handling this correctly. If you were the one getting banned for being an asshat, I would be sticking up for you...even though I don't like you.

Just my 2 cents

So you're saying that if someone expresses themselves in a way that you don't approve of then it's up to you to deal with it internally and ignore it rather than trying to stifle that expression? Like, say, if someone flies a flag that you don't like then you should ignore it and move on instead of lashing out like an angry little bitch?

Bob Dole 10-28-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11844597)
Because, just like with site bans, that ends up just being a starting point. And, because they are less permanent than a full site ban, they get used more quickly, which leads to bans becoming more frequent and accepted, and that's exactly the opposite of the sort of board this is supposed to be.

We've already had one person banned from the site despite apparently not having actually done anything ban worthy while on the site. We don't need mods making even more decisions of that sort.

Yeah, there are TWO trolls on temp bans.

OH THE HUMANITY! IT'S A TROLL HOLOCAUST!!

Phuqtard

Sully 10-28-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11844436)
Heh, the only response I have is I named myself "The People's Mod". Yeah, I'm the douche that gave MYSELF a nickname. Bwana, Bearcat, and...I think someone else was "elected" at the same time as myself. We've had these polls and contests on multiple occasions. Considering how much less I'm around, and how much less I'm vocal about what the mods decide to do, and how much more people have seen that I'm not some lone wolf, I'd be shocked if the results were any different than they've ever been. That said, I appreciate the many kind words I've received from people whenever these threads randomly pop up. Genuinely. It is a pretty thankless job...

Your face is made of ass.

seclark 10-28-2015 05:24 PM

ROFL
stale...gochiefs and como...
sec

listopencil 10-28-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11844614)

Phuqtard

TROLLOCAUST!

alpha_omega 10-28-2015 05:34 PM

If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Bob Dole 10-28-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11844630)
TROLLOCAUST!

Trollololol

Bearcat 10-28-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11844597)
Because, just like with site bans, that ends up just being a starting point. And, because they are less permanent than a full site ban, they get used more quickly, which leads to bans becoming more frequent and accepted, and that's exactly the opposite of the sort of board this is supposed to be.

We've already had one person banned from the site despite apparently not having actually done anything ban worthy while on the site. We don't need mods making even more decisions of that sort.

We're not suddenly on a slippery slope. Thread bans have been a thing for a while and dumping the worst trolls has been a thing for 15 years. Clay's been banned several times, CoMo did everything except ask to be banned. Neither of those are out of the ordinary in any way.

That said, if we do start making more of those decisions, it's because of the overwhelming response from people who want more moderation.

seclark 10-28-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844650)
We're not suddenly on a slippery slope. Thread bans have been a thing for a while and dumping the worst trolls has been a thing for 15 years. Clay's been banned several times, CoMo did everything except ask to be banned. Neither of those are out of the ordinary in any way.

That said, if we do start making more of those decisions, it's because of the overwhelming response from people who want more moderation.

can you guys kick them in the nuts on their way out?
sec

Just Passin' By 10-28-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11844614)

Phuqtard

I didn't say it would happen immediately. It's how these things typically play out over time, not the very next day.

Ming the Merciless 10-28-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11844610)
So you're saying that if someone expresses themselves in a way that you don't approve of then it's up to you to deal with it internally and ignore it rather than trying to stifle that expression? Like, say, if someone flies a flag that you don't like then you should ignore it and move on instead of lashing out like an angry little bitch?

...I mean , I really don't even mind the lashing out part..

Its the mod banning them for doing what every single other person does with no clear violation of TOS that I mind....

The lashing out is funny

Bwana 10-28-2015 06:32 PM

JHC LMAO There is about 4 "guys" in this thread that could use these.

https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qim...t_to_webp=true