ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler just released his first country single (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293279)

DaneMcCloud 07-13-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 11597281)
Give me a definition of art.

People who pirchase a $149 audio interface, a DAW and some virtual instruments aren't on the same level as people that actually create music for a living, despite what the Internet will tell you.

On a composer forum I visit, I'll see posts all the time like "I produced 50 tracks last month and 50 tracks this month but no library will sign them".

Having the means doesn't equal talent.

eDave 07-13-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11597438)
People who pirchase a $149 audio interface, a DAW and some virtual instruments aren't on the same level as people that actually create music for a living, despite what the Internet will tell you.

On a composer forum I visit, I'll see posts all the time like "I produced 50 tracks last month and 50 tracks this month but no library will sign them".

Having the means doesn't equal talent.

While I thinks it's stupid that people argue with you over industry stuff, I can't agree with you here. I don't create music for a living but I do create music and I consider myself an artist to some extent.

Chromatic 07-13-2015 07:46 PM

Most art that's ever been created has been stuff most of the populace isn't interested enough to see. That doesn't make it not art.

To me, art is an expression of what you're feeling through a certain medium. Most people aren't willing to see or pay what a 15 year old kid writes or paints but that doesn't make it invalid or something.

And yes I was talking about the art more than anything.

DaneMcCloud 07-13-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11597453)
While I thinks it's stupid that people argue with you over industry stuff, I can't agree with you here. I don't create music for a living but I do create music and I consider myself an artist to some extent.

The point I was trying to make is that everyone now with DAW considers themselves a recording artist, despite the fact that they can't get signed and can't derive any income from their art.

I can go to art supply store and buy everything in stock but I can absolutely guarantee that no one would ever consider my paintings worth a penny, let alone, ever get hired for a job.

I am awful painter and can barely draw my name.

DaneMcCloud 07-13-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 11597469)
Most art that's ever been created has been stuff most of the populace isn't interested enough to see. That doesn't make it not art.

To me, art is an expression of what you're feeling through a certain medium. Most people aren't willing to see or pay what a 15 year old kid writes or paints but that doesn't make it invalid or something.

And yes I was talking about the art more than anything.

Generally speaking, the difference between a 15 year painter and a 15 year old with a DAW is that the painter isn't drawing by numbers. The painter can't pass off a painting created by someone else as his own.

The painter isn't pretending to be an artist

DaneMcCloud 07-13-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11597453)

FWIW, I referring to the EDM guys using pre-recorded loops and grooves, not people that actually play their instruments and record.

Boon 07-13-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 11584317)
I call it complete crap.

Agreed. It is shitty crap.

Boon 07-13-2015 08:25 PM

Tom Petty said it best. "Todays country music is just really bad rock and roll."

Reerun_KC 07-13-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon (Post 11597562)
Tom Petty said it best. "Todays country music is just really bad rock and roll."

He would know.

eDave 07-13-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11597491)
FWIW, I referring to the EDM guys using pre-recorded loops and grooves, not people that actually play their instruments and record.

Then I was out of line.

DaneMcCloud 07-13-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11597640)
Then I was out of line.

It's all good, Dude.

BlackOp 07-13-2015 10:18 PM

Art is subjective...take someone to a minimalism exhibit that doesn't grasp the philosophy behind the expression... and they will be bored. The simple viewer of art is selfish...they expect it to conform to their wishes and expectations. They want their own lies reinforced..

wasi 07-13-2015 11:34 PM

Not a fan anymore, but Aerosmith is in my town for a show tonight and local news caught this..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mCpoT-5Qy0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 07-14-2015 06:19 AM

Why was there a piano just out in the middle of the sidewalk?

FishingRod 07-14-2015 07:01 AM

Part of the issue is that the country music stars realize where their money is coming from and put great effort into at least pretending to love an appreciate their fans. Too many of the rock stars thought it was cool to show disdain for the very people giving their hard earned dollars to see their shows and buy their music.