ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official NBA 2015 Off-Season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293085)

Mr. Arrowhead 06-29-2015 11:29 AM

Mavs gonna get Deandre Jordan

ChiefsCountry 06-29-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 11572214)
I suspect this is more about the Nets floating Johnson's name to generate interest. I don't see any way the Grizz could afford Johnson and his giant contract, even if it is just one year remaining.

Or the Griz could be making one last push this year knowing Gasol is a free agent.

the Talking Can 06-29-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 11568977)
where are my Jayhawk homers at tell me about this Kelly Oubre guy.

just like the NFL the NBA is a copycat league and Id imagine the Wizards want to run more small ball lineups with Wall-Beal-Oubre-Porter. That is if the kid can even play. Anything to get Nene and his bum knees off the team.

excellent defender with a good stroke, plus athlete but not super-freak like wiggins....has a lot of confidence...but will need a couple years to get stronger and refine game

the kind of player every team needs, but not sure he'll ever be more than the 3rd best player on a good team

Tombstone RJ 06-29-2015 12:26 PM

Nuggets did very well...

KevB 06-29-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11572259)
Or the Griz could be making one last push this year knowing Gasol is a free agent.

Gasol is an UFA in two days. They'll sign him to the max. They'll have big money tied up in Gasol, ZBo, Conley, Allen and Green. I can't imagine they'd be willing to take on Johnson's $24M as well.

I agree they have a shrinking window, but the $24M Johnson is feasible.

BWillie 06-29-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11572194)
Love my Wolves. GIMME MOAR

I have still never met a Timberwolves fan, ever. I've been to Minnesota, too.

RealSNR 06-29-2015 04:21 PM

Garnett's 99% expected to come back this year. So you know what that means...

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...lves/29474299/

Quote:

Denied a national title at the University of Kentucky, Karl-Anthony Towns has made it goal No. 1 to take a world championship at the NBA level.

This year's top draft pick said he plans to learn in particular from Kevin Garnett, a 39-year-old veteran who appears poised to return to the Minnesota Timberwolves after being dealt back to the team from the Brooklyn Nets a season ago.

"He's a living legend, and he knows how to win," Towns said at his introductory Timberwolves press conference. "...The things he's going to teach me more are, not just skill-wise and attribute-wise, but how to be a champion. He's got a ring, and I want one, too."

Garnett, during a career in which he's 15 times been named an NBA All-Star, won it all in 2008 while a member of the Boston Celtics. He's also four times led the NBA in rebounds, posting career averages of 18.2 points and 10.2 boards.

Out of his Chicago high school, Garnett went No. 5 overall to the Timberwolves in 2005.

Noted Minnesota coach Flip Saunders, sitting Friday beside Towns and fellow Minnesota selection Tyus Jones: "These guys weren't even born when I drafted Kevin Garnett."

But with Garnett poised to lead an otherwise young roster, Towns said, "I think I've stepped into a great situation."

The 6-foot-11 big man will make his next-level debut July 10 in the Las Vegas Summer League, matched up against the Los Angeles Lakers and No. 2 pick D'Angelo Russell, a Louisville native.

Timberwolves general manager Milt Newton said he anticipates Towns creating a mismatch for defenders. Since UK's 38-1 season, Towns has worked on his perimeter shot, adding to his post moves close to the basket.

"He didn't get a chance to show it at Kentucky this year, but he does have it in his arsenal," Newton said.

Towns worked out for only the Timberwolves before the draft. Perhaps he's the next Garnett for a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs since 2004.

"The process of determining the pick came pretty quick and pretty easy once we saw him develop over the course of the past season, and then we had an opportunity to see him work out," Saunders said. "Even more so, we talked to him and saw what kind of character individual he is.

"It was no question. It was clear cut who we were going to take. He's the kind of player you can build around."

O.city 06-29-2015 04:24 PM

KG sucks dude. So do the twolves, give it up

RealSNR 06-29-2015 04:26 PM

Who said anything about KG playing well? I know the most we'll probably be able to get out of him is 20 minutes every other game.

There aren't many vets on this team. KG is definitely needed for at least one more season until a guy like Wiggins starts to figure shit out.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-29-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11572600)
Garnett's 99% expected to come back this year. So you know what that means...

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...lves/29474299/

It means KG will have some advice for the young dude.

"Wanna win a championship? Leave Minnesota."

DaKCMan AP 06-30-2015 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11569127)
The Heat did VERY WELL for themselves with Winslow at # 10.

Yes :D

TEX 06-30-2015 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 11573433)
Yes :D

Dude reminds me of Clyde Drexler when he played for U of H. I think that's the type of player he'll be. I was a student at UH back in the Phi Slamma Jamma days of Olajuwon & Drexler (And Rickie Winslow). I saw all of them play a lot and Justice is better than his father was at the same age because he's more than just athletic, dude can shoot as Drexler could and knows the game, also like Clyde. I was SOOOOOO PISSED when the Rockets passed on Clyde in favor of Rodney McCray. Thus, Portland got one hell of a player when it was their pick. Same thing is gonna happen here. Miami found one hell of a player still available when they picked. Steal of the draft IMO.

dirk digler 06-30-2015 07:58 AM

Outside of the Heat is any team stupid enough to give DWade $16 million\year?

TEX 06-30-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 11573518)
Outside of the Heat is any team stupid enough to give DWade $16 million\year?

Nope.

RustShack 06-30-2015 08:05 AM

He will go to Cleveland for less.