ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Carjacking at 95th & Monrovia with baby in car ends safely (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290513)

petegz28 02-10-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11320302)
If you need a gun to feel safe, I wonder if you'd have the heart to even use it if the situation called for it.

I have been in a situation where I did use a gun. I agree most have no idea what it means to pull the trigger. That being said, you don't need a gun to feel safe. You need a gun as an option to help protect yourself and your family.

petegz28 02-10-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11320336)
If we could snap our fingers and eliminate both guns and gun culture from the U.S., I would be for it, but there's just no way to get from where we are now to that point. There are just too many guns out there and too many easy ways for criminals to get to them no matter what laws are on the books.

This is the point of CCW, imo. And even if you are packing you may not even have a chance to use your firearm, that is true. But if you don't have one then I can guarantee you won't have any chance at all.

Iowanian 02-10-2015 01:59 PM

So did you jack it on her head or just stand in the corner and cry for a few minutes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11319558)
Hell, a girl I briefly dated last year lives in an even better part of town, and her house was broken into one night. You just never know.

KC native 02-10-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11320302)
If you need a gun to feel safe, I wonder if you'd have the heart to even use it if the situation called for it.

This.

The military has had decades to enhance their training so soldiers don't hesitate to fire their weapon when they need to.

Most civilians are soft ****s and don't have the stones to end a life.

KC native 02-10-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11320429)
I have been in a situation where I did use a gun. I agree most have no idea what it means to pull the trigger. That being said, you don't need a gun to feel safe. You need a gun as an option to help protect yourself and your family.

Why did you use it?

petegz28 02-10-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11320454)
Why did you use it?

Robbery when I worked at one of my family's liquor stores

KC native 02-10-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11320478)
Robbery when I worked at one of my family's liquor stores

So it wasn't a concealed carry thing. You had one in the store. Got it.

So why do you need a concealed carry to feel safe again?

petegz28 02-10-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11320504)
So it wasn't a concealed carry thing. You had one in the store. Got it.

So why do you need a concealed carry to feel safe again?

I like how you tried to put words in my mouth. Fro the 2nd time, I don't carry to "feel safe". That's just you being a dickwad, as usual. If truth be told I don't always carry if I am by myself. If my family is with me then I always carry.

notorious 02-10-2015 02:36 PM

Some of you need to talk to a local detective and see what they have to say.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11320530)
I like how you tried to put words in my mouth. Fro the 2nd time, I don't carry to "feel safe". That's just you being a dickwad, as usual. If truth be told I don't always carry if I am by myself. If my family is with me then I always carry.

I could not even imagine living life in that much fear of going out in public.

After loading up the wife and kids in the SUV to go to the Grove or the beach, then saying "Oh, shit. Be right back. I forgot my gun".

petegz28 02-10-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11320539)
Some of you need to talk to a local detective and see what they have to say.

about?

petegz28 02-10-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11320543)
I could not even imagine living life in that much fear of going out in public.

After loading up the wife and kids in the SUV to go to the Grove or the beach, then saying "Oh, shit. Be right back. I forgot my gun".

What I can't imagine is how educated people equate being prepared with fear? But whatever, it's not my problem.

notorious 02-10-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11320566)
about?

Things that are going on around them in which they are oblivious.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11320569)
What I can't imagine is how educated people equate being prepared with fear? But whatever, it's not my problem.

Prepared? Prepared for what?

There are about 11,000 gun murders per year in the US. There are over 320 million people living in the US. Simple math says there's a .000034% chance that you'll be killed by a gunshot.

That said, common sense says it's lower than that because so much of the gun violence and deaths are over domestic issues. So unless you and your wife are both packing heat around the house, it's pretty safe to say the change of being killed by a gun is even significantly lower.

Everyone always talks about how Johnson County is such a great place to raise a family and live. Yet you feel the need to carry a weapon, as if you live in 1980's Compton.

petegz28 02-10-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11320583)
Things that are going on around them in which they are oblivious.

That ain't no lie. Too many people suffer from the "it won't ever happen to me" virus. Then when it happens they get mad and bitch because:

I was in a good area!
I wasn't bothering anyone!
I would never do that to anyone!
What is wrong with people?

etc., etc.