ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU *** Official 2014-15 Mizzou Basketball Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287934)

Pepe Silvia 12-03-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11163743)
The only people who wanted this are the blue hairs who 1) Overestimate the success and meaning of the Norm Stewart era, which is somewhat lessened by the downward spiral of the program after 1994; 2) Think it's all about effort and coaching, and don't realize how important talent is.

I expected Anderson to struggle on the recruiting trail, as he has done. What I did not expect was how ineffective his coaching would be. I could at least believe that he would be an Xs and Os improvement, that he'd coach better defensive play out of his team. But we haven't even seen that. Anderson's supposed strengths have yet to show up, and we're nearly 1/4 of the way through the season.

He's in over his head. Just like he was in over his head as the lead assistant on those late Norm Stewart teams (fun fact: All the talent that really made the 1994 team go, with the exception of Kelly Thames and Julian Winfield, was already on the roster when Anderson became the lead assistant. He replaced those seniors with studs like Danny Allouche and Scotty Combs).

Disaster level hire is a disaster. Just has gone that way that much sooner.

You can thank mike Alden for ****ing us again, seriously we can't let him hire Pinkels future replacement, we just can't.

duncan_idaho 12-03-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 11163783)
You can thank mike Alden for ****ing us again, seriously we can't let him hire Pinkels future replacement, we just can't.

This wasn't even Mike Alden's call. It came from above him. It IS symptomatic, however, of his repeated failures to find a basketball coach at Mizzou.

kepp 12-03-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11163806)
This wasn't even Mike Alden's call. It came from above him. It IS symptomatic, however, of his repeated failures to find a basketball coach at Mizzou.

How does he keep doing it? Is his hiring budget severely constrained? If we would have backed up the money truck to Gregg Marshall's door, we may have been able to get him. But it seems he went for the budget hire.

Ebolapox 12-03-2014 10:34 AM

so, uh.... this is abysmal.

duncan_idaho 12-03-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11163841)
How does he keep doing it? Is his hiring budget severely constrained? If we would have backed up the money truck to Gregg Marshall's door, we may have been able to get him. But it seems he went for the budget hire.

Alden didn't make the final call on this hire.

Alden's biggest problem is that he became such a micro-manager after the Quin Snyder era, no one wants to work for him. His name is mud in most basketball circles because of the restrictions he places on his basketball coaches.

Discuss Thrower 12-03-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11163890)
Alden didn't make the final call on this hire.

Alden's biggest problem is that he became such a micro-manager after the Quin Snyder era, no one wants to work for him. His name is mud in most basketball circles because of the restrictions he places on his basketball coaches.

Sooo we fly a banner?

Sully 12-03-2014 10:52 AM

So do I blame Alden for micromanaging, or Snydetr for being a mess.
Or Alden for hiring Snyder.
Or Snyder for being a Dukie.
Or Coach K for being a ...

Awww **** it.

I'll blame everyone.

duncan_idaho 12-03-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11163896)
Sooo we fly a banner?

Gotta make the NIT first.

Seems unlikely with this squad.

Pepe Silvia 12-03-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11163806)

You're kidding me? That's actually more frightening. :doh!:

duncan_idaho 12-03-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 11163930)
You're kidding me? That's actually more frightening. :doh!:

Not Loftin, either. Higher than that.

Basically, a few big boosters boosters and some executives in the university system forced the hire of Kim Anderson once Marshall said "No, thank you."

Babs Uehlich-level meddling going on.

Ebolapox 12-03-2014 11:50 AM

so we're not going to be good at basketball for a LONG time then... yay!

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-03-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11163944)

Basically, a few big boosters boosters and some executives in the university system forced the hire of Kim Anderson once Marshall said "No, thank you."

It's so wonderful being a plebeian that has to suffer due to the stupidity and obstinacy of others.

Ebolapox 12-03-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11163972)
It's so wonderful being a plebeian that has to suffer due to the stupidity and obstinacy of others.

yay being a chiefs fan! oh wait, you were talking about mizzou. carry on then.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-03-2014 01:40 PM

I blame Tribal Elder :)

Pepe Silvia 12-03-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11163944)

Uh yeah if that's the case say goodbye Mizzou athletics.