ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Final roster notable cuts thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286079)

FloridaMan88 08-30-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 10862567)
Seahawks release OT Eric Winston, per league source.

Right now I would take a flier on him.

Does being President of the NFLPA pay well (or pay anything at all)?

It certainly doesn't help your career prospects as an NFL player.

penbrook 08-30-2014 01:27 PM

Jaguars waived safety Sherrod Martin, CB Jamell Fleming, WR Kerry Taylor.

penbrook 08-30-2014 01:27 PM

@RapSheet
Drama building in Nola over roster spot of veteran CB Champ Bailey, who got a signing bonus of $500K. Team may love rookie Brian Dixon more

Bowser 08-30-2014 01:31 PM

Champ should have moved to safety and stuck with the Broncos. He's done at corner.

Sully 08-30-2014 01:33 PM

Just checking in to see if anyone knows anything about Eric Winston's roster status.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-30-2014 01:33 PM

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter·1 min
The Jets have released CB Dimitri Patterson, per source.

mcaj22 08-30-2014 01:33 PM

we could build a better offensive line with what other teams are cutting right now and also turn over the bottom half of our shit roster with some of these guys.

That's how little I think of everyone on the Chiefs roster outside of the 10 players worth something on the entire 53 man team.

chief4life 08-30-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10862952)
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter·1 min
The Jets have released CB Dimitri Patterson, per source.

Yeah I saw that too might be worth a look

Mr_Tomahawk 08-30-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 10862955)
Yeah I saw that too might be worth a look

HA.

If he would show up...

penbrook 08-30-2014 01:36 PM

Very nice story on DAT on Reddit

Prior to De’Anthony Thomas leaving to Kansas City to prepare for his NFL career, he happened to be training with one of my neighbors. I would see him in my cul-de-sac every now and then but that was about it… One day, I thought “What the heck” and went over to my neighbor’s house to ask him if he wanted to play a game of HORSE. Next thing I know, I’m playing basketball with two of my friends and De’Anthony Thomas. Eventually it’s just Thomas and I battling for an epic HORSE victory. He makes three long range shots in a row, I do the same. Unfortunately, his game winning shot was off the roof, between the legs, and a near dunk which I had absolutely no chance at replicating. I lost by one letter, but I still had a blast. Thinking it was over, I started to meander in the direction of my house so I didn’t take up too much time of his day. Surprisingly he asked if we wanted to play 2 on 2 which I gladly accepted. We played for about 30 minutes, him and I versus my two friends. He could have ball-hogged it the whole time and I wouldn’t have cared, but he was totally the opposite. He always looked to pass first and was a genuine teammate even it was just a neighborhood 2 v 2 game. After the game we were all exhausted and decided to chill in the yard. He then asked us about what our passions were, what we wanted to become, how we would achieve our goals etc… He cared a lot about what we had to say even though he could have just called it a day after our game of HORSE. After all three of us told him our life stories he told us his. Not much of it was about he good at football he was, or how he was going to play in the NFL, but of the trails and tribulations he went through to make it onto the Chiefs. He shared his life lessons, how grateful he is to be where he is, and how he is passionate about helping kids achieve their goals. All in all we spent about three and a half hours with him and it was something I’ll remember forever. I hope this was some good insight on the kind of not just player, but person you guys get to watch every Sunday.

Bowser 08-30-2014 01:36 PM

Life isn't going to be so easy for Dorsey as it was last year with us sitting at 23 or wherever we are on the waiver claim list.

mcaj22 08-30-2014 01:39 PM

yea well those fabulous seven last year we claimed didn't really work out too well for us in the end anyway

Watkins - Suspended, cut.
Rishaw - traded
McGrath - retired
Ron Parker - absolute dog shit
Cooper - yay
JMJ - could/should be a yay
Jay Howard - okay

He's going to have to do a better job on the waivers than that.

penbrook 08-30-2014 01:41 PM

Colts traded K Marcus Burley to Seattle Seahawks for sixth-round pick in 2015

chief4life 08-30-2014 01:48 PM

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
The #Seahawks waived another darling of last year’s camp: Pass-rusher Benson Mayowa. Would be stunned if he’s not picked up.

RealSNR 08-30-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10862973)
yea well those fabulous seven last year we claimed didn't really work out too well for us in the end anyway

Watkins - Suspended, cut.
Rishaw - traded
McGrath - retired
Ron Parker - absolute dog shit
Cooper - yay
JMJ - could/should be a yay
Jay Howard - okay

He's going to have to do a better job on the waivers than that.

Rishaw Johnson and Rok Watkins weren't part of the waiver wire additions before Week 1 last year.