ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285969)

The Franchise 10-28-2014 02:47 PM

Picked up Walking Dead Season 2 for PS4 today.

ragedogg69 10-28-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11062840)

Let me know what you think of it. I am only through the first two episodes and find the story pretty lacking. I heard it gets better.

In other news, I am on my kick for Euro Truck Simulator 2 again. I dont know what it is, but I really enjoy the relaxing fun of hauling shit across Europe. The reward system reminds me of Kerbal in a way. Complete your haul and do a good job, get rewarded with currency and XP. Its that constant cycle of enjoyable gameplay and completion rewards that keep me playing it. The customization of trucks is pretty cool, but I only care about adding extra lights so I can see better at night. I think one of the best parts is instead of licensed music, they just have a built in radio that play actual European radio. The Pop channels sound exactly like Pop channels here. Only with a different language. I would recommend it, if you can snag it for 75%+ off.

Gonzo 10-28-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 11062689)
I was so looking forward to DriveClub but I'd seen some sketchy reviews on it. Didn't see much on here but did see the reviews about Shadow of Mordor. Picked that up instead and glad I did. I may just wait until the next Gran Turismo comes out. Whenever that is.

I was looking at Mordor. Not usually my type of game but it looks intersting.

Gonzo 10-28-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11062840)

You will not be disappointed. Play towards her strengths. In other words... A sense of morality.

Gonzo 10-28-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11062882)
Let me know what you think of it. I am only through the first two episodes and find the story pretty lacking. I heard it gets better.

In other news, I am on my kick for Euro Truck Simulator 2 again. I dont know what it is, but I really enjoy the relaxing fun of hauling shit across Europe. The reward system reminds me of Kerbal in a way. Complete your haul and do a good job, get rewarded with currency and XP. Its that constant cycle of enjoyable gameplay and completion rewards that keep me playing it. The customization of trucks is pretty cool, but I only care about adding extra lights so I can see better at night. I think one of the best parts is instead of licensed music, they just have a built in radio that play actual European radio. The Pop channels sound exactly like Pop channels here. Only with a different language. I would recommend it, if you can snag it for 75%+ off.

LMAO
THIS is why I created this thread. I've never heard of this game before. I checked out the YouTube vids. It looks really complex and something I'd like to play when I need a time waster.

Gonzo 10-28-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11062882)

And BTW .. Yes, it starts slow but it's worth the effort on TWD.

Gonzo 10-28-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 11062689)
I was so looking forward to DriveClub but I'd seen some sketchy reviews on it. Didn't see much on here but did see the reviews about Shadow of Mordor. Picked that up instead and glad I did. I may just wait until the next Gran Turismo comes out. Whenever that is.

I remember neat shitting myself over the first Gran Turismo. I was a mechanic at the time and I would literally plug in some of the alignment specs into our alignment machine at the shop to see what would work best on a road course or a speed/circle track. That game was the shit!
I have t played it since the second installment but with the next gen consoles out, I'll bet they'll blow us away.

TinyEvel 10-29-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11065116)
I remember neat shitting myself over the first Gran Turismo. I was a mechanic at the time and I would literally plug in some of the alignment specs into our alignment machine at the shop to see what would work best on a road course or a speed/circle track. That game was the shit!
I have t played it since the second installment but with the next gen consoles out, I'll bet they'll blow us away.

We were editing a commercial for Gran Turismo 5 and someone walked into the room, watched the monitor for a few seconds and said, "Where'd you guys shoot this? Is that Germany?"

It was some post-race replay cam in-game stuff. it looks that real.

Gonzo 10-30-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11067957)
We were editing a commercial for Gran Turismo 5 and someone walked into the room, watched the monitor for a few seconds and said, "Where'd you guys shoot this? Is that Germany?"

It was some post-race replay cam in-game stuff. it looks that real.

****ing awesome. That game was always ahead of it's time.

ragedogg69 10-30-2014 09:22 AM

I think the last Gran Turismo I played was GT 3 A Spec. I think I grew tired of the robotic AI and no damage. I guess in 5 they finally added damage, but I had lost interest by then.

Honestly, I am more excited for the official release of Next Car Game than I am for another GT game.

Dayze 10-30-2014 10:33 AM

I need a new game for my PS3.
Tired of Madden and need a break. and tired of GTAV.

what are some suggestions? I'm not big on games with aliens, or fantasy/sci-fi etc.
I've heard The Walking Dead might be cool? never played any of them. What about Dead Island? Far Cry?

Mother****erJones 10-30-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11071135)

what are some suggestions? I'm not big on games with aliens, or fantasy/sci-fi etc.
I've heard The Walking Dead might be cool? never played any of them. What about Dead Island? Far Cry?

Walking dead is awesome but not for everyone. Last of Us still good. Far Cry should be fun. I like evil within although I've only played 3 chapters.

Gonzo 10-30-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11071135)

If you're going to buy TWD, make sure it's the Telltale version and not that ****ing piece of shit. "Survival Instinct."

Uncharted 1-3 is great if you havent done that yet.
PS3 games I'd recommend are:
South Park, Tomb Raider, AC- Black Flag, Last of Us, MLB...
The standards, you know. Let me know what you're interested in. Chances are I've checked it out.

Dayze 10-30-2014 03:38 PM

good ideas. Forgot about Unchartered. haven't played that, or any of the others (well, at least not TR in probably a decade).

my wife also reminded me i have The Last of Us still (which I had completely forgotten about). I have barely played that because we moved some furniture and stuff around and I just never got back around to it after it was all said and done. Maybe i'll fire it up tonight. I'm literally probably only 5% into it (and that's generous). I remember getting stuck at a level at the very beginning where I needed to get through a collapsed building, with a large fall-off on the other side, but couldn't figure it out. I might just say **** it, and start the the thing over again.

ragedogg69 10-30-2014 03:45 PM

Red Dead Redemption pack is cheap on the sony store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo..._SALEOFDEAD14G