ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFF on our OL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285778)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-19-2014 12:13 PM

Did someone act like Carolina has a world-beating defensive line? Did someone espouse that notion?

Because if they did, I fart in their general direction.

RunKC 08-19-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10832089)
So the most-used excuse for Fisher isn't valid for Stephenson?

Interesting.

By the way, we have actual observational experience of Stephenson playing LEFT tackle at an adequate level. Sunday's preseason game means less than nothing in this conversation. It's completely irrelevant.

Stephenson has played 1 year longer and didn't have shoulder surgery. He also went to LeCharles Bentley's highly documented camp for OL.

What competition was Stephenson against while playing LT? It's early for Fisher, but the Bengals and Panthers DL are both top 10. Still too early for him.

Let's check back on this after the first month of the season. If Fisher is still struggling than we have problems.

Wildcat2005 08-19-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10832100)
Did someone act like Carolina has a world-beating defensive line? Did someone espouse that notion?

They do have a good line
Great front seven in general

They did lead the league in sacks last year

Wildcat2005 08-19-2014 01:05 PM

Not sure if is a strength of technique issue, but it seems to me Fishers tends to lunge at defenders

Most guys that do that do so because they get constantly pushed back and or knocked off balance easily

He is going to give up a lot of quick pressures until he can figure that out

htismaqe 08-19-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10832113)
Stephenson has played 1 year longer and didn't have shoulder surgery. He also went to LeCharles Bentley's highly documented camp for OL.

What competition was Stephenson against while playing LT? It's early for Fisher, but the Bengals and Panthers DL are both top 10. Still too early for him.

Let's check back on this after the first month of the season. If Fisher is still struggling than we have problems.

Stephenson has played the actual Left tackle position in actual real-live NFL games, which is more than we can say for Fisher.

This isn't about Fisher struggling. This about the idea that once they decided to get rid of Albert they were FORCED to draft Fisher.

That's the kind of tunnel vision that creates 20-year playoff droughts.

ThaVirus 08-19-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10832100)

CP, ladies and gentlemen!

Only on CP is a defensive line featuring Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy and Star Lotululei not considered one of the best in the league.

Chief Roundup 08-19-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10832179)
CP, ladies and gentlemen!

Only on CP is a defensive line featuring Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy and Star Lotululei not considered one of the best in the league.

I couldn't tell from his post, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was being sarcastic.
That Defense was #2 in the league last year behind Seattle. Their front seven is arguably the best in the league let alone just that amazing Dline.
That very well could be the best Dline we face all year.

Rausch 08-19-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10831943)
There were no other options to letting Albert go. Don't even bring up Stephenson at LT bc he looked way worse than Fisher the other night.

Stephenson looked solid all of last year.

Fisher hasn't looked solid for more than one game...

ThaVirus 08-19-2014 02:00 PM

Stephenson is our best offensive lineman.

Much like how Milkman stated he hasn't heard much about Cooper, we don't hear shit about Stephenson. That means those guys are doing their jobs.

... Well, at least better than the shit stains we have playing next to them anyway.

BossChief 08-19-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 10832121)
Not sure if is a strength of technique issue, but it seems to me Fishers tends to lunge at defenders

Most guys that do that do so because they get constantly pushed back and or knocked off balance easily

He is going to give up a lot of quick pressures until he can figure that out

Lunging as an offensive linemen is a clear sign that your technique has broken down...otherwise, you bend your knees and use your arms and hips to properly mirror the man you are blocking.

I didn't get a chance to watch either PS game (a few minutes of the second half of the Panthers game) and cant speak from my own viewing of the game, but if he is still lunging that's a HUGE red flag at this point.

Fishers upper body strength is below average and it seems that his technique is just as bad as last year, too if he truly is constantly lunging at defenders out of desperation.

New World Order 08-19-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10832113)

A tackle taken with the first pick should look damn impressive. He shouldn't be getting ran over by guys like Parys Haralson and Carlos Dunlap.

He was manhandled last year when he wasn't coming off shoulder surgery.

The excuses keep on coming.

BossChief 08-19-2014 02:10 PM

IMO (and Ive held this stance since it was clear Albert was walking out the door) this is how our line SHOULD line up...

LT Fisher
LG Hudson
C Kush
RG pick em...let the rookie play
RT Stephenson

Shit, if Fisher is looking like hot garbage, line em up like this:

LT Stephenson
LG Hudson
C Kush
RG rookie/Johnson
RT Fisher (he was playing the position effectively the last few games)

BossChief 08-19-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10832306)
A tackle taken with the first pick should look damn impressive. He shouldn't be getting ran over by guys like Parys Haralson and Carlos Dunlap.

He was manhandled last year when he wasn't coming off shoulder surgery.

The excuses keep on coming.

I watched WITH MY OWN EYES as Austin Lane walked him like a dog at training camp last year....a guy cut by the jaguars and us.

Carlos Dunlap isn't a bad player, but as you said first overall picks need to be able to dominate those level of players.

Chiefnj2 08-19-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10832282)
Stephenson is our best offensive lineman.

Much like how Milkman stated he hasn't heard much about Cooper, we don't hear shit about Stephenson. That means those guys are doing their jobs.

... Well, at least better than the shit stains we have playing next to them anyway.

Stephenson did not do a good job in week 2.

New World Order 08-19-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10832319)
I watched WITH MY OWN EYES as Austin Lane walked him like a dog at training camp last year....a guy cut by the jaguars and us.

Carlos Dunlap isn't a bad player, but as you said first overall picks need to be able to dominate those level of players.

Jesus, what were the people around you saying when everyone saw that?