ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Andy Dalton gets $115 million extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285454)

-King- 08-04-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10793970)
Not even close, unless the Chiefs OL and CBs are significantly better than anticipated.

:facepalm:

SAUTO 08-04-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10793789)
CP view of QB's fall into one of 3 categories.

1. Top 4 QB prospects each draft year = phenomenal can't miss franchise QBs. Guys the Chiefs must draft. These guys are given 2-3 years to prove themselves and all excuses apply.

2. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers and maybe Luck = franchise QBs.

3. Everybody else sucks, is overpaid, orverrated, lucky, have great WRs/defenses/run games - until they win a Super Bowl. Then for a year or two they are really good and close to the top tier. When don't repeat a Super Bowl victory and they suck again (Flacco, Eli, etc.).

this isn't accurate

In58men 08-04-2014 02:38 PM

I hope Chiefs aren't this stupid

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-04-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10794056)
I hope Chiefs aren't this stupid

Smith's agent will assure that the Athan quote is never pronounced.

RunKC 08-04-2014 03:09 PM

Bengals secondary is shit. I like Cooper and Berry over anything they have back there.

RunKC 08-04-2014 03:11 PM

Also, if Reid and Alex switched with Lewis and Dalton, Cincy wins that playoff game. Alex owned the Chargers defense last year.

ViperVisor 08-04-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10793784)
Yet he threw a bunch of jump balls to Davis during his stint with the Niners.

Not true.

Vernon Davis is a terrible hands catcher. Smith connected to him on seam routes down the middle or outside by dropping passes right into his chest.
Vernon never developed good WR skills. His routes and catching are limited, his YAC ability is no where near Terrell Owens who had similar size/speed. He is only good because of great athletic ability to run fast and strength to block.

AJ Green is a monster who you can chuck it up to or throw it out in front and he will catch up to it and catch it.

http://i.imgur.com/31V0jNk.jpg

RealSNR 08-04-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10793945)
What about it? Bernard was a quality overall back, and Green-Ellis is an overrated piece of shit who sucks flaming AIDS, and the only reason why I think he's good is because Tom Brady once had to depend on him because they had jack shit else.

FYP

Just Passin' By 08-04-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10794125)
FYP

LMAO

You couldn't have gotten that much more wrong if you'd tried. I've never been a fan of BJGE's overall game. I used to get attacked all the time for calling him what he is, which is a sub runner for an RBBC system. His strength, though is that he's a straight forward runner who doesn't lose yardage looking for cuts, which helps him as a short yardage guy.

RealSNR 08-04-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10794140)
LMAO

You couldn't have gotten that much more wrong if you'd tried. I've never been a fan of BJGE's overall game. I used to get attacked all the time for calling him what he is, which is a sub runner for an RBBC system. His strength, though is that he's a straight forward runner who doesn't lose yardage looking for cuts, which helps him as a short yardage guy.

Eh, I lived through the 90s. Straight forward runners who don't lose yards don't do much for your offense other than drain clock.

Law Firm = Donnell Bennett = Bam Morris = Rashaan Shehee = Mike Cloud = an ineffective running game

Just Passin' By 08-04-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10794146)
Eh, I lived through the 90s. Straight forward runners who don't lose yards don't do much for your offense other than drain clock.

Law Firm = Donnell Bennett = Bam Morris = Rashaan Shehee = Mike Cloud = an ineffective running game

Yes, if you use a limited back as your entire game, your game is limited. I absolutely agree. :shrug:

keg in kc 08-04-2014 03:46 PM

I think what we may discover this year is that some of last year wasn't a fluke and that the Chiefs are both more talented and deeper than we thought. I have a feeling that we're going to see that we have one of the top front-7s in the league, and that we'll see more from the skill positions on offense now that everyone is comfortable in the scheme.

Unfortunately I also think it will probably still equate to a 9-7 ceiling for the season, unless we see a really fast cohesion/progression on the really young spots on the roster (namely o-line and defensive back).

I don't think we're all that far behind anyone though, whether it's the Bengals or anyone else. If anything, I think we tend to underrate Chiefs players here rather than overrate them. Familiarity breeding contempt.

Deberg_1990 08-04-2014 03:49 PM

Solid signing.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-04-2014 03:49 PM

Just Pass the ****on By already

Just Passin' By 08-04-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10794179)
Just Pass the ****on By already

WTF is your problem now?