ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Giving Every Kid a Trophy (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285353)

BigCatDaddy 07-31-2014 10:39 AM

Can we at least agree that if you are ejected from a youth sporting event you should have your picture in the paper under the title "First Class D-Bag" and be mandated to a year of counseling or is this something to be proud of also?

Just Passin' By 07-31-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 10777575)
...If people really want to complain about something complain about the fact that a lot of youth leagues don't register scores or standings. They don't officially say: You won after the game. The kids know, but it's sort of off the record. To me, that's the bigger BS. The trophy is just some corny little thing they get at the end of the year. It's not cofusing them about the value of competition and winning. If it is then the parent is the one to blame.

It's the same ****ing thing, dude. Participation trophies are the same thing as not keeping score, and it's done for the same reasons.

BigCatDaddy 07-31-2014 11:08 AM

You guys all understand this isn't something new right? They have been given since all of us were kids.... Except maybe Milkman.

Katipan 07-31-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10777753)
Can we at least agree that if you are ejected from a youth sporting event you should have your picture in the paper under the title "First Class D-Bag" and be mandated to a year of counseling or is this something to be proud of also?

https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.ne...df35ec4a463bc3

Just Passin' By 07-31-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10777816)
You guys all understand this isn't something new right? They have been given since all of us were kids.... Except maybe Milkman.

I'm not sure how old you are, but that bullshit wasn't happening when I was a kid, and it wasn't happening when my younger brother was coming up behind me, either.

LoneWolf 07-31-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10777816)

Never happened when I was a kid.

Nzoner 07-31-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10777847)
I'm not sure how old you are, but that bullshit wasn't happening when I was a kid, and it wasn't happening when my younger brother was coming up behind me, either.

Yep,if you played here you played on a city team and represented your area of town,at the end of the regular season there was an all city tournament with trophies for 1st-3rd place all other teams were SOL and that included T-Ball thru Colt League.

blaise 07-31-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10777717)
Yeah, I'd think if anyone forms a sense of entitlement, it's the kid who scores all the goals and is far better than anyone else on the team, and has a coach yelling at the other plays to constantly feed him the ball, etc.

Those kids often do, and you can get them near tears if you play them hard and don't let them score.

BigCatDaddy 07-31-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10777855)
Never happened when I was a kid.

Hmm. I know they did it 30 years ago in St. Joe. Teams that won the city tournament at the end got a trophy, but every kid that played baseball in the city also got a trophy, just not as big and as nice. ****ed us all up the rest of our lives for getting those.

lcarus 07-31-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10777753)

I would definitely agree

Nzoner 07-31-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10777904)
Hmm. I know they did it 30 years ago in St. Joe. Teams that won the city tournament at the end got a trophy, but every kid that played baseball in the city also got a trophy, just not as big and as nice. ****ed us all up the rest of our lives for getting those.

I was 21 in St Joe at that time so it's something that had to have started within those 5 years I didn't play.

BigCatDaddy 07-31-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10777908)
I was 21 in St Joe at that time so it's something that had to have started within those 5 years I didn't play.

Maybe. I just know I have a trunk full of those plastic pieces of shit :D

Nzoner 07-31-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10777918)
Maybe. I just know I have a trunk full of those plastic pieces of shit :D

Plastic? LMAO

LoneWolf 07-31-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10777904)

I agree with your last sentence. I've only been to St. Joe once, but that was enough.

Nzoner 07-31-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10777923)
I agree with your last sentence. I've only been to St. Joe once, but that was enough.

I think you'd enjoy a CP Bash though