ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2015 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285132)

BigCatDaddy 01-25-2015 06:30 PM

This might be the first year Ive been ok with Sacs mocks. If we are stuck with Alex might as well load up on Oline, TE, and backs. Not sure Id go with a WR though as high as the 3rd given our lack of utilizing them.

RunKC 01-25-2015 08:18 PM

I want to see how Dres Anderson's recovery is going. If he can't participate in the combine or pro day, I wouldn't draft him until rd 4.

I'd rather draft Lockett in rd 3 in that scenario.

Saccopoo 01-25-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11291828)
This might be the first year Ive been ok with Sacs mocks. If we are stuck with Alex might as well load up on Oline, TE, and backs. Not sure Id go with a WR though as high as the 3rd given our lack of utilizing them.

I think that the lack of utilization is more due to our WR's basically sucking versus scheme or quarterback.

Consider that McCluster and Avery were, outside of Bowe, our two most consistent threats from the WR position and neither were there this past season (in entirety). Avery was targeted 26 times in the six games he played before injury.

Bowe doesn't run good routes. Never has, never will.

Hemingway, while an outstanding special teamer, can't get separation off the line and on his breaks.

Thomas is more running back than receiver.

Wilson is a small school track guy. Raw like sushi.

Only Kelce, Fasano and Bowe from the receiving group had catch percentages over 60%.

That sucks. Big, long, hard ones.

This system needs guys who break hard, at the right spot and are capable of extending the play with YAC. They also have to catch the ****ing ball. Right now, we don't have a receiver that can do that with regularity.

It's not Smith. It's not the system. It's the receivers.

Blame Dorsey. I do. The guy didn't draft anybody last year at the position when it was a remarkably good draft class and it really held the team and Smith back.

Saccopoo 01-25-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11292047)
I want to see how Dres Anderson's recovery is going. If he can't participate in the combine or pro day, I wouldn't draft him until rd 4.

I'd rather draft Lockett in rd 3 in that scenario.

Agree.

I think Lockett has done enough to merit later second round consideration as well. He had a really nice week at the Senior Bowl and I think he moved himself up as a result.

I'd have a hard time deciding between Anderson and Lockett - if Anderson's leg injury is completely healed. Although, supposedly, the injury wasn't as bad as initially thought; however, the Utes have been tight lipped about the exact nature of the injury.

Anderson put up some gaudy numbers and big plays despite some pretty shitty QB throws to him.

He's accepted an invite to the Combine.

I'm more inclined to a 6'1", 190 lb. guy who's fast than a 5'10", 175 lb. guy who's fast at this point with De'Anthony Thomas on the team.

Saccopoo 02-28-2015 12:32 PM

Newly updated reflecting the NFL Combine.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-28-2015 12:34 PM

****ing horrendous.

BigCatDaddy 02-28-2015 12:38 PM

LMAO

Sorter 02-28-2015 03:48 PM

Not bad.

RealSNR 02-28-2015 04:17 PM

I know you don't do trade-downs in your mocks, but if you think there's nobody at 18 that fits Dorsey's player profile, why wouldn't we move down? There are a bound to be a crap ton of players that drop to us that we may not need that other teams want.

Bowser 02-28-2015 06:59 PM

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/1322.gif

jd1020 02-28-2015 07:03 PM

I'd be interested to know what kind of FA the Chiefs had in this scenario at the WR position to completely ignore it again until the 5th round.

Saccopoo 03-01-2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11352806)
I know you don't do trade-downs in your mocks, but if you think there's nobody at 18 that fits Dorsey's player profile, why wouldn't we move down? There are a bound to be a crap ton of players that drop to us that we may not need that other teams want.

I think that that possibility exists this year. I think that we are going to be stuck reaching at #18 due to the fact that the guys that fit this team are going to be off the board and they'll pull a "top guy left on the Decision Lens chit sheet" deal like they did last year.

The purported first round talent linemen other than La'el Collins suck. Scherff is a guard. Period. Ereck Flowers' kick step is ****ing atrocious. It makes Branden Albert's look respectable by comparison. He's going to get beat like a drum if he's put on the edge in the NFL. TJ Clemmings is just flat out awful. Sambrailo sucks. Peat has the only potential but I don't think he's even as close to as good as the Solder/Costanzo tall guy comparison.

They may have to take Fisher in the first in all honesty. Personally, I'd put him at #2 behind Collins right now.

Right now, I hate the bottom half of the first round in terms of how drafturbators have it laid out. Nobody fits the Chiefs and nobody is a standout over what you would find in the second round and on. This draft's strength is in the mid-rounds at positions the Chiefs need, so I'd be happy as hell to see them trade completely out of the first and pick up additional picks in the 2/3/4/5 area unless a guy like La'el Collins is still on the board. He's about all I'd really want out of the first round at the #18 spot to be honest.

Though, if they have to pick, Armstead's ceiling is such that he'd be an okay pick (despite the rumors that have Catapano returning to superhuman status).

Saccopoo 03-01-2015 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11353334)
I'd be interested to know what kind of FA the Chiefs had in this scenario at the WR position to completely ignore it again until the 5th round.

Personally, I think that a draft of McBride, Heuerman and Mayle upgrade the Chiefs substantially over their current situation. I don't think that round priority is that imperative in this specific draft. It's quite deep, but I don't think that from the top to the bottom there is a huge talent differential.

A guy like McBride might not have played at the SEC, but he was every bit as good (substantially better actually) than any receiver at the Shrine game and looked just as good as any of the top guys (again, looked better in many of the drills than the top guys) at the Combine.

You may want to pick a guy earlier, but I'm not so sure that they will be better, at least at the WR position in this draft.

Same goes for the ILB position, where a guy like Vigil is as good at the position as anyone in this draft, but most guys currently have him at Round 5 and on.

It's a pretty even level draft IMO.

jd1020 03-01-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11353858)
Personally, I think that a draft of McBride, Heuerman and Mayle upgrade the Chiefs substantially over their current situation. I don't think that round priority is that imperative in this specific draft. It's quite deep, but I don't think that from the top to the bottom there is a huge talent differential.

A guy like McBride might not have played at the SEC, but he was every bit as good (substantially better actually) than any receiver at the Shrine game and looked just as good as any of the top guys (again, looked better in many of the drills than the top guys) at the Combine.

You may want to pick a guy earlier, but I'm not so sure that they will be better, at least at the WR position in this draft.

Same goes for the ILB position, where a guy like Vigil is as good at the position as anyone in this draft, but most guys currently have him at Round 5 and on.

It's a pretty even level draft IMO.

I'd rather pick a WR early over picking a DL because "well, there's no one else..."

Making Eric Fisher a WR would significantly make what the Chiefs have at WR better... they just cut 2/3rds of their ****ing starters. All they have is Bowe.

Saccopoo 03-01-2015 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11353859)
I'd rather pick a WR early over picking a DL because "well, there's no one else..."

Making Eric Fisher a WR would significantly make what the Chiefs have at WR better... they just cut 2/3rds of their ****ing starters. All they have is Bowe.

And I would bring in Denarius Moore, Vincent Brown and Kenny Britt as free agents regardless of who we draft.