ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports LeBron James (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284881)

Baby Lee 07-12-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10742897)
Oh, just the world.

Saw earlier today that he was generating 50,000 tweets per minute.

Did you see about the guy who started a Kickstarter campaign to make a bowl of mac'n'cheese? He's up over $50K in funding for said endeavor at present.

Dante84 07-12-2014 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10742906)
Did you see about the guy who started a Kickstarter campaign to make a bowl of mac'n'cheese? He's up over $50K in funding for said endeavor at present.

Apparently a lot of people care about that man's ability to make a bowl of mac'n'cheese then!

Dante84 07-12-2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10742904)
Which only matter in imaginary-land that people choose to believe is real...

Not sure what you mean. The internet is imaginary land, and user-generated content is not real?

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/up...7/morpheus.jpg

Dante84 07-12-2014 02:16 AM

The guy said "Who cares?" and apparently a lot of ****ing people care.

That's all.

Rausch 07-12-2014 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10742910)
Not sure what you mean. The internet is imaginary land, and user-generated content is not real?

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/up...7/morpheus.jpg

I really wanted to slam this but I honestly believe the 1st Matrix and 1st Terminator movies were ****ing visionary. In different ways, but still groundbreaking.

So I guess whatever slam was intended hit home because...ADD...

WhiteWhale 07-12-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10742916)
I really wanted to slam this but I honestly believe the 1st Matrix and 1st Terminator movies were ****ing visionary. In different ways, but still groundbreaking.

So I guess whatever slam was intended hit home because...ADD...

Both were stolen ideas too.

Cameron said it came from a dream, but it actually just came from a novel he read and didn't give credit. It would have been more obvious, but for budget reasons he wasn't able to show the future war as much as was in the original script or the source material he ripped it from.

Still a great movie... but I can't call it visionary because both visions were stolen.

Mennonite 07-12-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10742929)
Both were stolen ideas too.

Cameron said it came from a dream, but it actually just came from a novel he read and didn't give credit. It would have been more obvious, but for budget reasons he wasn't able to show the future war as much as was in the original script or the source material he ripped it from.

Still a great movie... but I can't call it visionary because both visions were stolen.

I think The Terminator was inspired by a couple of Outer Limits episodes written by Harlan Ellison. "Demon with a Glass Hand" and "Soldier."

Matrix seems like a ripoff of "Mindwarp" and "Simulacron-3."

TLO 07-12-2014 09:13 AM

Come on down to Cleveland town everyone!

Prison Bitch 07-12-2014 10:14 AM

Anybody who has turned on ESPN in the last 24 hours is truly a person I feel pity for.

RealSNR 07-12-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10743108)
Anybody who has turned on ESPN in the last 24 hours is truly a person I feel pity for.

:spock: Because they were interested in the most exciting free agency signing in all of sports since Peyton Manning?

chiefzilla1501 07-12-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10743118)
:spock: Because they were interested in the most exciting free agency signing in all of sports since Peyton Manning?

Even I found it ridiculously over the top, and I was ecstatic about the news. They basically quoted the entire SI article in segments throughout the show. Which is pretty hilarious, since they basically got stiffed on getting the exclusive and now they're trying to own the aftermath. Now you have guys like Adande writing patronizing articles about the Cavs just a few days after he compared Dan Gilbert to Donald Sterling.

-King- 07-12-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10743141)
Even I found it ridiculously over the top, and I was ecstatic about the news. They basically quoted the entire SI article in segments throughout the show. Which is pretty hilarious, since they basically got stiffed on getting the exclusive and now they're trying to own the aftermath. Now you have guys like Adande writing patronizing articles about the Cavs just a few days after he compared Dan Gilbert to Donald Sterling.

People were tuning in yesterday to hear about lebron. So why wouldn't they read the letter?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 07-12-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10743155)
People were tuning in yesterday to hear about lebron. So why wouldn't they read the letter?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's pretty hilarious when a TV company reads verbatim an entire letter suitable for Print. It was a long letter.Devoting most of today's Sportscenter on Lebron commentary or highlights makes sense. I thought reading the letter came off as really cheesy. And that's coming from someone who obviously loved what was written in the letter.

ESPN has been a joke throughout this whole Lebron deal.

RealSNR 07-12-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10743141)

It's the only 24-hour sports news station out there on basic cable. Somebody turning on ESPN during this announcement all of a sudden makes them pitiable to a ****tard like Prison Bitch?

tk13 07-12-2014 11:30 AM

ESPN obviously beats things into the ground, but I don't see any problem with reading LeBron's statement on the air. It'd be weird if they didn't.

At least LeBron is legitimately the best basketball player on the planet. It's not like they spent a whole show on a QB who can't throw the football. I'm going to guess they actually got good ratings yesterday.