ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink ****Official Biscuits and Gravy Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284179)

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10676541)
I pour bacon grease in a pan. Add flour until its a creamy paste. Turn up heat to med/high and slowly stir in milk. I dont measure anything. Then I crumble up cooked sausage, whatever I have on hand and add salt and fresh ground pepper.

The key to amazing gravy is to use bacon grease, not sausage.

I whole heartily disagree. If you use bacon grease, your sawmill gravy will have underlying tones of smoky bacon. This is why Cracker Barrel's biscuits and gravy are gross.

Sausage and sausage grease. There is no other way.

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10676523)
no possible way - this is soooo inaccurate - I bought some Bob Evan's packaged microwavable sausage biscuits at the grocer's freezer - After I nuked the first one - once it came out of the microwave - It looked like a testicle in between some sort of bread-like biscuit thing. No way - I am sorry but Jimmy Dean beats shitty Tennessee based Bob Evans any day of the week.

I found the problem.

Seriously, SR. WTF are you thinking buying microwaveable sausage biscuits?

Randallflagg 06-07-2014 03:29 PM

I haven't waded through all the replies and if this is a repost - sorry.

Go to your local store and grab a box of "Kentucky Seasoned Flour" and a package of sausage and a can of biscuits.

Follow the recipe on the box. BEST Biscuits and gravy I have EVER had - and I've had them all over the country.

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 10676562)

Go to your local store and grab a box of "Kentucky Seasoned Flour" and a package of sausage and a can of biscuits.

Follow the recipe on the box. BEST Biscuits and gravy I have EVER had - and I've had them all over the country.

:shake:

Canned biscuits...

cdcox 06-07-2014 03:35 PM

Not a single person prefers red eye gravy to sawmill gravy?

MTG#10 06-07-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10676559)
I whole heartily disagree. If you use bacon grease, your sawmill gravy will have underlying tones of smoky bacon. This is why Cracker Barrel's biscuits and gravy are gross.

Sausage and sausage grease. There is no other way.

I dont know how to tell you this, but you're wrong.

Simply Red 06-07-2014 03:35 PM

If I had the time to dedicate to the work needed to provide this forum an Iron Chef thread w/ poster teams, I'd totally do it - I wouldn't know how to structure it without a weeks worth of prep - a week I don't have - Rain man could do this with little effort.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-07-2014 03:36 PM

Pillsbury FMB!!!

eDave 06-07-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 10676562)

That stuff rocks. Contains monosodium glutamate, if anyone has an issue with MSG.

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10676570)
I dont know how to tell you this, but you're wrong.

Is your ex tasting the gravy and telling you this? Because her palate has been impaired by shit covered cock.

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10676571)
If I had the time to dedicate to the work needed to provide this forum an Iron Chef thread w/ poster teams, I'd totally do it - I wouldn't know how to structure it without a weeks worth of prep - a week I don't have - Rain man could do this with little effort.

SR, you and me, brother. We'll take the whole thing.

jspchief 06-07-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10676565)
:shake:

Canned biscuits...

Wait. Didn't you say you don't make biscuits?

If you don't make them and you don't eat canned ones... How do you biscuit?

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2014 03:41 PM

****Official Biscuits and Gravy Thread****

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10676580)
Wait. Didn't you say you don't make biscuits?

If you don't make them and you don't ear canned ones... How do you biscuit?

The frozen dough kind. Vastly superior to canned, and I've eaten my fair share of wop biscuits.

Simply Red 06-07-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10676561)
I found the problem.

Seriously, SR. WTF are you thinking buying microwaveable sausage biscuits?

This was around the time I fired up the company and had almost no free time - yeah it was a bad time in my life. I do still get the smart ones egg and cheese frozen flat breads though. They're not that trashy and will fill you gullet in a bind.

jspchief 06-07-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10676577)
Is your ex tasting the gravy and telling you this? Because her palate has been impaired by shit covered cock.

Let's be honest, all of her holes have been compromised.