ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Justin Houston holding out? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283952)

SAUTO 06-17-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10698488)
Pioli's contracts for guys like Charles and Hali were downright sensible compared to the contract Dorsey gave Bowe...

For sure
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan 06-17-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10697779)
Great point. I meant more in terms of not extending players. I mean, we all think that this cap space is going to be used on Houston, right?

I hope that is the case- would like to keep him in Red his entire career!!

Red Dawg 06-17-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10698188)
Anyone who thinks that Houston isn't holding out is fooling themselves. He wants to get paid before he risks any more injuries. It's as simple as that.

He is definitely holding out. Mandatory camp and he is not there means he wants cashola and Dorsey had better just pony it up.

jonzie04 06-17-2014 06:14 PM

Agree. Bowes contract is pretty awful. Some of the lower level guys seem kinda high to mee too like sean smith and devito. But I havent compared them to other players in the league

sedated 06-17-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10698488)
Pioli's contracts for guys like Charles and Hali were downright sensible compared to the contract Dorsey gave Bowe...

Charles was a steal. But at the time he was thought of as a guy who couldnt handle a full workload.

Flowers contract, and the rest of the cap hell, is the reason he's no longer here and Smith is our #1 corner.

Pioli couldnt replace the guys Herm brought in so had to overpay to keep things together.

Valiant 06-17-2014 07:01 PM

You know, as much as I love Houston. Do teams fear him? He got his sacks, but he also disappears.

I would like to see how he does this year. Then if he can up his game to allpro level then he gets his money. If not, I would be for trading him. He is not clay Matthews. Hopefully Dee comes along to make the decision easier.

Question, would you take a 1st and a 3rd for him?

Chief Roundup 06-17-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10699069)
You know, as much as I love Houston. Do teams fear him? He got his sacks, but he also disappears.

I would like to see how he does this year. Then if he can up his game to allpro level then he gets his money. If not, I would be for trading him. He is not clay Matthews. Hopefully Dee comes along to make the decision easier.

This might change your mind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z8Z5HoTN1ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 06-17-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

No.

You'd just spend the 1st rounder hoping to be able to replace him, which isn't even likely. So essentially you'd be trading him for a 3rd rounder.

OldSchool 06-17-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10699099)
This might change your mind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z8Z5HoTN1ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not at all really. 7.5 of his sacks last year came in 2 games against rookies Lane Johnson and Luke Joeckle who both looked really bad as rookie OTs. Another of his sacks came against Cleveland, starting another young RT who played poorly throughout the year and is now going to be switched to OG (Mitchell Schwartz).

We know that Houston can produce and dominate against bad players. He hasn't shown anywhere near the same ability when faced with better OTs though.

Gravedigger 06-17-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10699161)
Not at all really. 7.5 of his sacks last year came in 2 games against rookies Lane Johnson and Luke Joeckle who both looked really bad as rookie OTs. Another of his sacks came against Cleveland, starting another young RT who played poorly throughout the year and is now going to be switched to OG (Mitchell Schwartz).

We know that Houston can produce and dominate against bad players. He hasn't shown anywhere near the same ability when faced with better OTs though.

I'd have to agree, even through injuries, the second half of the season barely showed any bright spots from Houston or Hali. With that being said I think you sign Houston now, get him paired with Dee Ford for the future, and give Smith the tag next year if it comes to that.

Halfcan 06-17-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

ROFL no I bet his name does not even come up before teams play the Chiefs.

Houston is not going anywhere. Ford Houston Hali-that was kinda the point when they drafted Ford. How do you stop that? Oh yeah and Poe just in case you want to try and double Houston like last year.

KCFaninSEA 06-17-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10654148)
JJ Watt is also a significantly better player. Houston needs to show me more consistency against top competition instead of just abusing rookie OTs (7.5 of his sacks last year came against Lane Johnson and Luke Joeckle). Watt is a dominant force against anyone and everyone.

Watt is arguably a top 5 overall player in the league as of right now.

Agree

ThaVirus 06-17-2014 08:38 PM

Justin Houston holding out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10699161)

He dominated the Saints RT a couple years ago. I think it was Zac Strief or something. Dude talked to the media after the game about how bad he got abused. I felt bad for him.

.. But I agree. He needs to dominate against stiffer competition more consistently. Everyone on our team does, honestly.

-King- 06-17-2014 08:44 PM

Sacks come in bunches. 10.5 of Watts sacks in 2012 came in 4 games. When Strahan broke the sack record, 10.5 of his sacks came in 3 games. So no I'm not worried about 7.5 of Houstons sacks coming in 2 games. That's just what happens most of the time. Game plans change game to game. Responsibilities change. It all just leads to heavy fluctuations in his sack numbers.

Dayze 06-17-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10698487)

imagine what Bowe might have done with something other than the shit show for "QB"s we trotted out there.

Bowe is still probably my favorite player on the team.