ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: Aaron Murray will be our Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283649)

Strongside 05-13-2014 03:37 PM

Spent yesterday and today in Atlanta. I wore a Chiefs shirt yesterday and had about 20 people randomly come up to me excited about Murray. Everyone commenting about how we got a crazy steal and that he was going to be a great NFL quarterback. They ****ing LOVE that kid down here.

RealSNR 05-13-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10628009)
Spent yesterday and today in Atlanta. I wore a Chiefs shirt yesterday and had about 20 people randomly come up to me excited about Murray. Everyone commenting about how we got a crazy steal and that he was going to be a great NFL quarterback. They ****ing LOVE that kid down here.

I remember all the Iowans who wanted to talk to me about Tony Moeaki when I wore my Chiefs stuff down there.

Good times.

Strongside 05-13-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10628012)
I remember all the Iowans who wanted to talk to me about Tony Moeaki when I wore my Chiefs stuff down there.

Good times.

Still think Moeaki had the goods to be a solid player in the league. Kid just can't stay healthy.

RealSNR 05-13-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10628017)
Still think Moeaki had the goods to be a solid player in the league. Kid just can't stay healthy.

Absolutely. I put him in the Sylvester Morris and Percy Snow category of busts, which is a far kinder place to be rather than the Trezelle Jenkins and Ryan Sims category.

Strongside 05-13-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10628032)
Absolutely. I put him in the Sylvester Morris and Percy Snow category of busts, which is a far kinder place to be rather than the Trezelle Jenkins and Ryan Sims category.

Where would you put Vanover? Just curious. The weed bust category?

keg in kc 05-13-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10628032)

I think we need to add a third category for the Victory Riley/John Tait/Larry Johnson/Glenn Dorsey/Tyson Jackson level of guys who managed to produce, but never quite to the level of their selection.

Probably harsh, but to me, first rounders who end up playing for other teams before they're 30 are just another kind of draft failure.

Strongside 05-13-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10628043)
I think we need to add a third category for the Victory Riley/John Tait/Larry Johnson/Glenn Dorsey/Tyson Jackson level of guys who managed to produce, but never quite to the level of their selection.

Probably harsh, but to me, first rounders who end up playing for other teams before they're 30 are just another kind of draft failure.

I don't think you can possibly label LJ as a bust. Sure, he's one of the most despised athletes to ever play for the Chiefs, but for two straight years he was better than anyone at his position in the world. He put up historical numbers in some categories both for the team and the league. I think it's easy to dismiss what he did because we don't like him, but if even Jamaal had a year like one of those carrying the ball we'd shit a brick. Look at his numbers...they are borderline shocking.

BigMeatballDave 05-13-2014 04:09 PM

I like Murray, but I'm not gonna get excited about a 5th rd QB.

saphojunkie 05-13-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10628043)

I consider that management failure.

Man... Can you imagine if Houston had held onto Mario Williams?

keg in kc 05-13-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10628050)
I don't think you can possibly label LJ as a bust. Sure, he's one of the most despised athletes to ever play for the Chiefs, but for three straight years he was better than anyone at his position in the world. He put up historical numbers in some categories both for the team and the league. I think it's easy to dismiss what he did because we don't like him, but if even Jamaal had a year like one of those carrying the ball we'd shit a brick. Look at his numbers...they are borderline shocking.

I never had a problem with LJ, but I think longevity is really a key factor when it comes to the success/failure of high pick. That's why you don't generally draft running backs in the 1st round.

saphojunkie 05-13-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10628056)
I never had a problem with LJ, but I think longevity is really a key factor when it comes to the success/failure of high pick. That's why you don't generally draft running backs in the 1st round.

It wasn't that long ago that three went in the top five picks.

Strongside 05-13-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10628060)

It is funny how trends dominate the draft, for sure.

bevischief 05-13-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10628053)
I like Murray, but I'm not gonna get excited about a 5th rd QB.

This. Yet...

keg in kc 05-13-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10628060)

The Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams draft?

That worked out well...

Holy shit. That was almost a decade ago. :eek:

DaveNull 05-13-2014 04:19 PM

You old!