ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Life without Parole for nonviolent Cannabis conviction (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283077)

planetdoc 04-19-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 10573825)
What does the AMA think about your proposal?

I havent proposed anything with the AMA

Quote:

Why are you more credible than them?

1. i never claimed I was.
2. AMA doesnt speak for all physicians
3. AMA (and physicians) have made mistakes in the past. Thus medicine is considered a "practice" and the way its practiced evolves based on a review of literature.

Quote:

FWIW, any doc who has time to spend here that you seem to...well, heh, it's "interesting" to say the least....

1. as a whole I dont work weekends.
2. I agree I waste too much time here corresponding with those who, as a whole, are idiots. I was just thinking recently where I could go to converse with more intelligent people (like a Mensa forum), but than realized that those forums that exist wouldnt give that info out.

planetdoc 04-19-2014 07:04 PM

last thought for tonight (since Kotter has made it clear I waste too much time here):

Education should go hand in hand with legalization. Patients/consumers should have the opportunity and availability to knowledge so they can make an informed decision of what they are consuming.

want to use drug X to self-treat Y? here is exactly how much you should safely use, here are the side-effects, here is what to do if you have problems, who to call, and where to go if you need help as well as other recommendations (such as having a sitter for safety).

I think we would all be better off if we treat our fellow man with love and compassion, instead of condemning them as criminals for their choices of self-medication.

happy easter everybody.

LoneWolf 04-19-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10573813)

1. Legalizing drugs would make our streets and homes safer.
Yes, more drug users that will do anything to get their next fix would make our streets safer. Are you ****ing reeruned?
2. End prison overcrowding.
The drugs would still cost money and as you had more people getting addicted and not able to afford their habit you would see other crimes like theft increase. Prisons would still be full, but they would be full of drug addicts charged with other crimes.
3. Drug legalization would free up police resources to fight non-drug related crimes against people and property.
These other crimes you speak of would be on a steady increase so police resources would be just as busy.
4. Unclog the court system.
see above
5. Reduce corruption of officials.
Why? There would just be something else to cause corruption.
6. Legalization would save tax money.
We would increase tax revenue due to drug sales and decrease revenue due to less people being able to hold a job because they're junkies.
7. Legalized drugs would cripple organized crime.
organized crime would either find something else or sell drugs cheaper.
8. Legal drugs would be safer. Legalization is a consumer protection issue.
so not only would we have more drug addicts around, they would also be living longer. Great plan, Einstein.
9. Legalization would slow the spread of AIDS and other diseases.
Great! More junkies living longer. Brilliant!
10. Legalization would halt the erosion of other civil liberties.
11. Legalization would stabilize foreign countries and make them safer for residents and travelers.
Let's stabilize other countries while destroying ours. Once again, Brilliant!
12. Legalization would repair U.S. relations with other countries and curtail anti-American sentiment around the world.
You're right. Other countries hate us because of our illegal drugs.

Did your Phd come with a lollipop and 25% off coupon at Old Navy?

Bugeater 04-19-2014 07:23 PM

Looks like findthedr has finally returned to the board.

planetdoc 04-19-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10573845)

1. I dont have a phd dipshit.

2. your responses below are based on fear and not based on evidence. You seem to believe that there would be more junkies with drug legalization which would lead to more crime. Where is the evidence? We already have the evidence that the US war on drugs is a failure. Policy should be based on evidence and not conjecture.

Quote:

Yes, more drug users that will do anything to get their next fix would make our streets safer. Are you ****ing reeruned?

- reference portugal.

-those who will want to get their fix can get it. If it is legalized than it would be easily available, cheaper, and cleaner

Quote:

The drugs would still cost money and as you had more people getting addicted and not able to afford their habit you would see other crimes like theft increase. Prisons would still be full, but they would be full of drug addicts charged with other crimes.

-reference portugal, and now US states that have legalized marijuana.

- you keep talking about afford the habit. the only reason drugs are expensive is because its a black market. Not all users are abuser nor do they all break other laws. Those who abuse and break other laws should have an opportunity for rehab.

Quote:

These other crimes you speak of would be on a steady increase so police resources would be just as busy.

there is pretty good data around the world on this now, and you are incorrect.

Quote:

4. Unclog the court system. see above

yes, see above.

Quote:

Why? There would just be something else to cause corruption.

drugs are not the only reason for corruption, but it should be 1 less reason. Whatever the "other reason" is you speak of, it would still exist today while drugs are illegal (essentially keeping drugs illegal isnt preventing a form of corruption from taking hold).

Quote:

6. Legalization would save tax money.
We would increase tax revenue due to drug sales and decrease revenue due to less people being able to hold a job because they're junkies.

reference portugal as well as other places that have some form of drug legalization. I agree there would be an increased tax revenue from drug sales (as seen in Colorado).

Quote:

7. Legalized drugs would cripple organized crime.
organized crime would either find something else or sell drugs cheaper.

that is the free market. that being said, US alcohol prohibition has great evidence on the results of decriminalizing alcohol on organized crime. On a per-capita basis, members of organized crime, particularly at the top, stand to lose the most from legalizing the drug trade.

Quote:

so not only would we have more drug addicts around, they would also be living longer. Great plan, Einstein.

thanks.

Quote:

9. Legalization would slow the spread of AIDS and other diseases.
Great! More junkies living longer. Brilliant!

thanks

Quote:

Let's stabilize other countries while destroying ours. Once again, Brilliant

what happens in other countries many times does directly affect the US in blowback. The events of September 11th is a recent example of that.

those who fail to learn from history will soon repeat it.

Quote:

You're right. Other countries hate us because of our illegal drugs.

its a complex issue that you fail to grasp. The US drug policy (and forcing other countries to conform) have had lasting and serious consequences around the world. The US war on drugs has led to worldwide conflicts and destabilized other countries.

htismaqe 04-19-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10573875)
Looks like findthedr has finally returned to the board.

I KNEW IT.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283064

planetdoc 04-23-2014 05:39 PM

2 former LA deputies accused of planting guns to justify medical marijuana dispensary arrests

Quote:

Prosecutors say two former Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies planted guns to justify arrests at a medical marijuana dispensary in 2011.

The district attorney's office said Wednesday that Julio Cesar Martinez and Anthony Manuel Paez were each charged with conspiracy and alteration of evidence by a peace officer. Martinez is also charged with perjury and filing a false report.

The allegations involve the deputies' report about witnessing a narcotics transaction and seeing a suspect with a gun. Martinez allegedly also wrote that he followed one suspect into the dispensary and saw two firearms, one on a desk next to ecstasy pills.

Investigators say a video recording is inconsistent with the deputies' statements.

Johnny Vegas 04-23-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

you better spray some windex on your crystal ball. looking a little foggy...I mean since you know what happens and all...

http://rt.com/usa/colorado-crime-cha...ion-study-017/

planetdoc 04-24-2014 03:06 PM

The Impact of State Medical Marijuana Legislation on Adolescent Marijuana Use
Quote:

This study did not find increases in adolescent marijuana use related to legalization of medical marijuana.
Quote:

The estimation sample was 11,703,100 students. Across years and states, past-month marijuana use was common (20.9%, 95% confidence interval 20.3–21.4). There were no statistically significant differences in marijuana use before and after policy change for any state pairing. In the regression analysis, we did not find an overall increased probability of marijuana use related to the policy change (marginal probability .007, 95% confidence interval −.007, .02).

SeeingRed 04-24-2014 03:10 PM

Ridiculous waste of taxpayer money and inhumane sentence. If I lived in the state this guy was time in i would definitely be pissed off

Contrarian 04-24-2014 03:25 PM

Your marijuana laws in Missouri and Kansas are never gonna change if you don't get out of the oppressive republican shadow those states are in. You locals vote them into office off of social prejudice and financial oppression or financial greed. You wanna smoke a doob legally in those states elect a democrat or a libertarian. Until then your under the thumb of ignorant good ole boy white government.

patteeu 04-24-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10571123)
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. The guy had a brick of weed, got caught, and is getting off the hook because the cops didn't follow proper procedure. There is no "conspiracy" here. Just cops getting too bold and thinking that they don't have to follow procedure.

When they all get together before going to court to get their false stories straight, it's a conspiracy. We shouldn't tolerate lying cops even when they're lying to convict guilty people.

Anyong Bluth 04-24-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10583285)
When they all get together before going to court to get their false stories straight, it's a conspiracy. We shouldn't tolerate lying cops even when they're lying to convict guilty people.

Agreed.

I'm sure others around here are familiar with a "ham sandwich".

A badge doesn't magically make one inhuman- for both good and bad inherent in the nature of man.

htismaqe 04-24-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 10583280)
Your marijuana laws in Missouri and Kansas are never gonna change if you don't get out of the oppressive republican shadow those states are in. You locals vote them into office off of social prejudice and financial oppression or financial greed. You wanna smoke a doob legally in those states elect a democrat or a libertarian. Until then your under the thumb of ignorant good ole boy white government.

Sorry but that's BS.

This legislature in this state has been controlled by Democrats for the better part of the last 20 years. We were one of the first states in the entire country to legalize gay marriage.

We're no closer to legalizing marijuana than we were 10 years ago.

LoneWolf 04-24-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 10581211)
you better spray some windex on your crystal ball. looking a little foggy...I mean since you know what happens and all...

http://rt.com/usa/colorado-crime-cha...ion-study-017/

The discussion I was having with planetdipshit was around legalization of all drugs like cocaine, heroin, etc... I have no problem with marijuana being legal.