ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282310)

Eleazar 03-16-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10496623)
To be fair, lemon bars are pretty ****ing good.

They'd be the best thing about our season! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...ferent0018.gif

Coach 03-16-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10496617)
I don't think they really set out to punish Wichita State. They punished everyone else in that bracket too. Louisville as a 4? Whoever survives will have earned it.

The Midwest region might be one of the toughest region in quite some time, I would hazard a guess.....

Eleazar 03-16-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10496630)
Espn cracks me up. They are whining about Louisville being a 4 and using bpi to prove their point. It's obvious and the selection committee has said it over and over that they use rpi. If you look at seeds they line up pretty close to rpi. Louisville s strength of schedule is 97. That's not much better than Wichita state. Rpi sos also explains ku being a 2 seed.

Then why don't they just seed by RPI?

One of the criticism that basketball fans level at the football postseason, whatever incarnation you want to choose, is that people vote rather than compare things objectively. Then it leads to disputes where "everyone knows" this or that...

Of course, this is a question with an obvious answer, since they aren't taking the top 64 teams in the country, but a smattering from conferences large and small. It isn't about being scientific because it's all eyeball test kind of stuff.

That is what people like about the basketball postseason, it's a crapshoot

frankotank 03-16-2014 04:51 PM

I was thinking it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal if MI played themselves out of a #1 spot....but DAAAAAAMN!

that ended up being a HUGE DEAL!

I love my boys in blue....but the #1 talk made me chuckle even before todays ass whooping.

oh well.....IT'S TOURNEY TIME!

Fairplay 03-16-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 10496636)
The Midwest region might be one of the toughest region in quite some time, I would hazard a guess.....

The Midwest region is brutal, fun to watch how it plays out.

Bambi 03-16-2014 04:53 PM

Going to be another great tourney.

Fairplay 03-16-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10496601)
All these brackets look really tough, but Wichita St wow the committee basically said prove yourself.

Might be the best thing for them to man up early and often.

Stewie 03-16-2014 04:56 PM

I-70 is going to be a busy route from Kansas to St. Louis.

Eleazar 03-16-2014 04:56 PM

Interesting: uMass was a 6 seed in their conference tournament, and are a 6 seed in the NCAA tournament too.

Buck 03-16-2014 04:58 PM

Kansas will destroy UNM.

UNM was the beneficiary of bullshit non-calls on Bairstow all year because the conference commisioner hates SDSU and didn't want them to be their champions.

Once non-MWC refs are calling the games, he won't get away with murder like he did this year.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-16-2014 04:59 PM

This is clearly a punishment for Wichita State. Play someone or we'll make you play someone.

Lzen 03-16-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10496641)
Then why don't they just seed by RPI?

One of the criticism that basketball fans level at the football postseason, whatever incarnation you want to choose, is that people vote rather than compare things objectively. Then it leads to disputes where "everyone knows" this or that...

Of course, this is a question with an obvious answer, since they aren't taking the top 64 teams in the country, but a smattering from conferences large and small. It isn't about being scientific because it's all eyeball test kind of stuff.

That is what people like about the basketball postseason, it's a crapshoot

Well they have the Lee way to move a team up or down a seed line. Plus they like to give the top seeds favorable locations. Not to mention they have to take into account injuries as well as how a team played down the stretch.

And before anyone brings up the ku embiid comparison to Cincinnati years ago it's not the same since there is a chance that embiid comes back.

Eleazar 03-16-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10496658)
Kansas will destroy UNM.

UNM was the beneficiary of bullshit non-calls on Bairstow all year because the conference commisioner hates SDSU and didn't want them to be their champions.

Once non-MWC refs are calling the games, he won't get away with murder like he did this year.

I sense no bias whatsoever in this post.

gblowfish 03-16-2014 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Missouri State Highway Patrol is smacking their lips. I-70 will make a lot of $$$ in the next week.

KU gets to go to St. Louis, but at least the team they're playing -The Colonels- know something about cooking chicken!

Lzen 03-16-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10496667)
Missouri State Highway Patrol is smacking their lips. I-70 will make a lot of $$$ in the next week.

KU gets to go to St. Louis, but at least the team they're playing -The Colonels- know something about cooking chicken!

Why don't you just worry about maKing the nit.
ROFL