ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Worst to First? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274496)

Saccopoo 07-16-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9815658)
Ok, so go look at the schedule and tell me the 11 wins you see for KC and the 10 wins you see for Denver.

So, let me know the 11 and 10 wins you see for the teams... I'm quite curious.

Denver:

1. Ravens: Win
2. @ Giants: Loss
3. Raiders: Win
4. Eagles: Win
5. @ Cowboys: Loss
6. Jaguars: Win
7. @ Colts: Loss
8. Redskins: Win
9. Bye
10. @ Chargers: Win
11. Chiefs: Win
12. @ Pats: Loss
13. @ Chiefs: Loss
14. Titans: Win
15. Chargers: Win
16. @ Texans: Loss
17. @ Raiders: Win

10-6 Wildcard

Chiefs:

1. @ Jaguars: Win
2. Cowboys: Win
3. @ Eagles: Win
4. Giants: Loss
5. @ Titans: Win
6. Raiders: Win
7. Texans: Loss
8. Browns: Win
9. @ Bills: Loss
10. Bye
11. @ Broncos: Loss
12. Chargers: Win
13. Broncos: Win
14. @ Redskins: Loss
15. @ Raiders: Win
16. Colts: Win
17. @ Chargers: Win

11-5, AFC West Divisional Champions

Quote:

The bolded part stood out to me... yeah, I think Bowe is a very good WR. But, the TEs and the other WRs are a bag of spares at this point. Yes, Charles is good, but Smith isn't a Flacco type... hell, he's a little better than an Orton type, maybe.
Fasano is solid, Moeaki can be very good depending upon injury rehab and Kelce is a rookie, so we'll see but he was pretty hyped following his last season in college going into the draft. That's a pretty good three deep rotation at the TE spot.

And as I stated, the #2 WR spot is a question mark. Baldwin has as good a physical ability and size as anyone in the league. I think having Smith at QB and the West Coast system will help him tremendously. In addition, McCluster will be solid as the 3/4 guy (depending upon what they want to do with him on returns versus the passing game - sounds like he's going to be the full time return man). I think Hemingway will end up being the #4 guy behind Bowe, Baldwin and Avery with McCluster seeing gimmick/gadget action on offense and being the full time return guy.

And you are flat out bat shit crazy if you think that Smith is "a little better than an Orton type, maybe."

Smith was top three in the league last year in completion percentage, QB rating and yards per attempt. He's athletic, a legit 6'4", 230 lbs., very smart and doesn't give the ball to the defense. Extremely efficient with his passing and will be supported by a system that fits his skill set to a "T" and an extremely good running game. The Chiefs will be very balanced offensively and Smith is a big reason for that.

ThaVirus 07-16-2013 11:11 PM

You're smoking that good shit, brother.

Carry on..

ThaVirus 07-16-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9816983)
Chiefs:

10. Bye

We always win a game that we had no business winning and losing at least one that we had no business losing.

I see you predicted a loss to the Bills (which, lately, would be par for the course), but which is your most likely candidate for the game that we steal?

Discuss Thrower 07-16-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9817016)
We always win a game that we had no business winning and losing at least one that we had no business losing.

I see you predicted a loss to the Bills (which, lately, would be par for the course), but which is your most likely candidate for the game that we steal?

Texans or Denver I'm guessing

O.city 07-16-2013 11:21 PM

We haven't had a coach as good as Andy Reid since Marty. I could see that being true record wise but I'm gonna wait till preseason to se how things go befor I make a prediction

BossChief 07-16-2013 11:57 PM

If we don't at least win 8 of those games on our schedule, that will be sad.

That's a cake schedule.

Rausch 07-17-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9817085)
If we don't at least win 8 of those games on our schedule, that will be sad.

That's a cake schedule.

It doesn't get any easier.

On top of that the Chargers and Raiders probably won't win 10 games combined...

ptlyon 07-17-2013 06:39 AM

I'll have what he's having

MagicHef 07-17-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Denver:

5. @ Cowboys: Win
7. @ Colts: Win
9. Bye
13. @ Chiefs: Win

13-3 Division Winners

Chiefs:

1. @ Jaguars: Loss
2. Cowboys: Loss
10. Bye
13. Broncos: Loss
16. Colts: Loss
17. @ Chargers: Loss

6-10

And you are flat out bat shit crazy if you think that Smith is "a little better than an Orton type, maybe."

Smith was top three in the league last year in completion percentage, QB rating and yards per attempt. He's athletic, a legit 6'4", 230 lbs., very smart and doesn't give the ball to the defense. Extremely efficient with his passing and will be supported by a system that fits his skill set to a "T" and an extremely good running game. The Chiefs will be very balanced offensively and Smith is a big reason for that.

Fixed the schedules for you.

I don't see the problem with listing Smith as similar to Orton. Over their careers, Orton has the same number of TDs but 26 fewer turnovers, even though he has played 8 fewer games than Smith. Orton's YPA and YPC are both higher than Smith's.

However, I know that you don't like to look at anything Smith did before 2012, so here are their best statistical seasons compared:

Smith: 7.97 YPA, 11.35 YPC, 13 TD, 8 turnovers
Orton: 7.34 YPA, 12.47 YPC, 20 TD, 10 turnovers

Mav 07-17-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9817237)
Fixed the schedules for you.

I don't see the problem with listing Smith as similar to Orton. Over their careers, Orton has the same number of TDs but 26 fewer turnovers, even though he has played 8 fewer games than Smith. Orton's YPA and YPC are both higher than Smith's.

However, I know that you don't like to look at anything Smith did before 2012, so here are their best statistical seasons compared:

Smith: 7.97 YPA, 11.35 YPC, 13 TD, 8 turnovers
Orton: 7.34 YPA, 12.47 YPC, 20 TD, 10 turnovers

The Chiefs aren't losing week one to Jacksonville. Ill put my house on that. No Blackmon, and they don't know who their qb is.......

MagicHef 07-17-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9817351)
The Chiefs aren't losing week one to Jacksonville. Ill put my house on that. No Blackmon, and they don't know who their qb is.......

Florida in early September is miserable. Excepting Oakland's domination in the 70's, AFCW teams are 3-10 in Florida in September, and 2 of those wins came against horrible Tampa Bay teams.

The 13-3 2005 Broncos got destroyed in Miami in the season opener, losing by 24 points. Their other two losses were by 1 and 4 points.

Add to that the first game in a new system for offense and defense, and I don't like KC's chances no matter how good they are and no matter how bad Jacksonville is.

Wildcat2005 07-17-2013 09:42 AM

They should beat Jacksonville, but I doubt they go 5-1 in the division

They havent swept the Raiders and Chargers in a while, I am not sure why those would all be penciled in as wins

Fat Elvis 07-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Denver:

5. @ Cowboys: Loss
7. @ Colts: Loss
9. Bye
13. @ Chiefs: Loss

10-6 Wildcard

Chiefs:

10. Bye

Fasano is solid, Moeaki can be very good depending upon injury rehab and Kelce is a rookie, so we'll see but he was pretty hyped following his last season in college going into the draft. That's a pretty good three deep rotation at the TE spot.

And as I stated, the #2 WR spot is a question mark. Baldwin has as good a physical ability and size as anyone in the league. I think having Smith at QB and the West Coast system will help him tremendously. In addition, McCluster will be solid as the 3/4 guy (depending upon what they want to do with him on returns versus the passing game - sounds like he's going to be the full time return man). I think Hemingway will end up being the #4 guy behind Bowe, Baldwin and Avery with McCluster seeing gimmick/gadget action on offense and being the full time return guy.

I think the Chiefs offensive lineup is basically Reid's idea of a dream team. He has a cerebral, accurate QB who protects the ball, he has bookend tackles and a solid interior line, he has really big recievers with deceptive speed and the ability to block, solid tight ends, a wide reciever who is fast enough to keep D's honest and a probowl running back who is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. With all these pieces in place, coupled with Reid's scheme, this should be an outstanding offense this year. He really couldn't ask for a better situation.

Alex Smith really couldn't ask for a better situation either. Just look at the playmakers at his disposal:

Bowe- 6'2" 221lbs 4.51
Baldwin- 6'4" 230lbs 4.49
Fasano- 6'4" 255lbs 4.72
Moeaki- 6'3" 252lbs 4.69
Kelce- 6'5" 255lbs 4.64
Avery- 5'11" 186lbs 4.27
McCluster-5'9" 170lbs 4.59
Charles-6'1" 200lbs 4.36
Davis-6'0" 227lbs 4.35

If ASmith can throw with any semblance of accuracy, and by all accounts he can, there is no way to cover the playmakers. Our recievers are too big for most CBs to cover without them getting insane YACs and our TEs are too fast for LBs to cover well. D's are gonna have to play back a bit to make sure the play stays in front of them so they can get help. Doing that however, creates all kinds of opportunities for Jamaal--add in to the fact that our TEs and WRs are really accomplished blockers.

This will be a fun season.

MagicHef 07-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9817351)

Oh, but can I still have your house if KC loses week one?

Sorter 07-17-2013 09:47 AM

2. Cowboys: Loss
3. @ Eagles: Loss
8. Browns: Loss
10. Bye
13. Broncos: Loss
15. @ Raiders: Loss
16. Colts: Loss
17. @ Chargers: Loss

This team could very well end up at 4-12, much like they did after the last time they went 2-14. Additionally, thinking you'll sweep both division opponents is silly, unless you're a team that is clearly better such as the stupid Donks. The trend for the past several years is for KC to split those games.