ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jason Cole expects Chiefs to trade Albert for pick in '14 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272604)

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2013 09:56 PM

If Smith played badly enough that we would need a new QB, we would probably already be in position to draft one.

RealSNR 04-28-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9642874)
ROFL if Winston ends up being their LT

Jon Martin would be the LT. He filled in for a few games at the end of last season and did okay.

I'd view it as no different than the Chiefs rolling with Stephenson for a year to see how it goes. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.

RunKC 04-28-2013 09:56 PM

Get the 2nd for him and just move the **** on. Fisher is going to be a better LT than him.

We upgraded. Let's just get this over with and get rollin.

Mother****erJones 04-28-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9642887)
If Smith plays up to standards they like, they aren't moving up for a QB. It woudl be a stupid move.

If that happens, only way we get a QB is in a Rogers situation.

Not really. Smith isn't the most durable QB. That's fact. The Packers took Rodgers, although he fell to them. I think they would do it. Just my opinion though.

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9642890)
Jon Martin would be the LT. He filled in for a few games at the end of last season and did okay.

I'd view it as no different than the Chiefs rolling with Stephenson for a year to see how it goes. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.

A guy can dream tho

O.city 04-28-2013 09:58 PM

We upgraded before the rookie has even played a single snap. Whoops

RunKC 04-28-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9642898)
We upgraded before the rookie has even played a single snap. Whoops

Sure did.

O.city 04-28-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9642896)
Not really. Smith isn't the most durable QB. That's fact. The Packers took Rodgers, although he fell to them. I think they would do it. Just my opinion though.

If he gets hurt, obviously he didn't play up to standards they had hoped.

And this is the most incoherent statement i've read today. What are you trying to say.

O.city 04-28-2013 10:00 PM

I guess he better be an instant upgrade, a large noticable one at that, otherwise it was a huge waste.

WV 04-28-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9642845)
Thanks for proving my point, moron.

There is ZERO % chance Clark Hunt is turning this organization over again in one year.

LOL! I never said they were. I suppose a figure of speech is beyond your comprehension as well.

I think in the least Reid will be here for a good while good or bad. Dorsey most likely, but if you ask me and others Reid clearly had his fingers/influence in this draft where Dorsey was supposed to be the man.

It isn't inconceivable that they can't be removed or fired though. You either love this FO or were just looking for a reason to be a douche. I'm fine with either..doesn't make a shit to me.

Mother****erJones 04-28-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9642904)
If he gets hurt, obviously he didn't play up to standards they had hoped.

And this is the most incoherent statement i've read today. What are you trying to say.

No. Just because he gets hurt doesn't mean he wasn't playing well.

O.city 04-28-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9642913)
No. Just because he gets hurt doesn't mean he wasn't playing well.

If he's playing well, then gets hurt, they aren't trading up to get a QB.

Unless he's absolutely garbage, Smith will be th eQB in KC for the next 2-3 years, for certain.

Mother****erJones 04-28-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9642915)
If he's playing well, then gets hurt, they aren't trading up to get a QB.

Unless he's absolutely garbage, Smith will be th eQB in KC for the next 2-3 years, for certain.

Doesn't mean they won't identify a must have QB and go get him and let him sit.

WV 04-28-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9642909)
I guess he better be an instant upgrade, a large noticable one at that, otherwise it was a huge waste.

The worrisome part is that we'll improve to 8 or 9 wins and that will be enough to keep him here entirely too long and allow them to continue to ignore the QB in the draft.

I hope I'm wrong, but I absolutely hate the Average Smith trade and think it will set this team back at QB for at least 2 or 3 more years.

O.city 04-28-2013 10:05 PM

If they choose to "go get a must have QB" that has to sit, well, thats probably a pretty stupid decision.