ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

O.city 04-15-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589788)
So you admit that Ireland doesn't regret the pick?

What exactly do you expect him to say? Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't regret it. But, it's looking like said move along with others, are about to get him fired.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:31 PM

Long left STL, went back to Mia for a few days and was well known that he wanted to stay in Miami. Looking at the deal he got in STL, if that outbid what Miami was willing go give him, Ireland didn't think to much of Long.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589798)
Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't regret it.

OK, good.

RNR 04-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589758)
Only if it's your educated opinion that I should do so.

Just let me know what's your opinion and what's not. A tip for you is to use "IMO" after every sentence that is your opinion. That way it's never confusing.

Jesus SNR LMAO your butthurt over this is truly amusing...IMO LMAO~

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589804)
Long left STL, went back to Mia for a few days and was well known that he wanted to stay in Miami. Looking at the deal he got in STL, if that outbid what Miami was willing go give him, Ireland didn't think to much of Long.

Even if you were really clairvoyant, I don't care about that.

Gravedigger 04-15-2013 06:35 PM

That kinda makes it worse. It means that the Dolphins aren't an organization willing to pay its "star" players, but instead overpay for WR and LB's that won't make the difference a star LT would. Or Jake Long didn't think much of the organization or probably both. The Dolphins are a joke of a franchise and have slipped further and further into mediocrity since Marino retired.

If he said he'd take a team of Long's and Pouncey's, then half his team would leave from him not paying for his supposed preference to have them on the team. Loyalty only goes as far as a check in the NFL then it bounces!

O.city 04-15-2013 06:36 PM

Ok, sure.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9589814)
That kinda makes it worse. It means that the Dolphins aren't an organization willing to pay its "star" players, but instead overpay for WR and LB's that won't make the difference a star LT would. Or Jake Long didn't think much of the organization or probably both. The Dolphins are a joke of a franchise and have slipped further and further into mediocrity since Marino retired.

If he said he'd take a team of Long's and Pouncey's, then half his team would leave from him not paying for his supposed preference to have them on the team. Loyalty only goes as far as a check in the NFL then it bounces!

I agree.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589810)
Jesus SNR LMAO your butthurt over this is truly amusing...IMO LMAO~

See? Was that so hard?~

O.city 04-15-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589808)
OK, good.

So you are saying because he doesn't regret it, it was the right move?

RNR 04-15-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589820)
See? Was that so hard?~

Not near as hard as your hard on for Geno :)

BossChief 04-15-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589786)
He didn't let him walk. He got outbid by St. Louis. It's not clear whether Long would have returned to the Dolphins for the same offer he accepted from the Rams.

Haha

So, he didn't let him walk...but he is currently a Ram.

Got it.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589833)
Not near as hard as your hard on for Geno :)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

If Geno lands with the right team, he's going to be a star in this league. And unfortunately, that team won't be my Kansas City Chiefs.

At least I'll have Alex Smith. Whoopee. :grr:

Richard_Cuckold 04-15-2013 06:55 PM

God our organization is ran by idiots.

Have a chance to draft a young talented QB, but instead we'll most likely trade it. FML

DTLB58 04-15-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9589717)
They have to draft Geno or trade down. Drafting a LT at #1 overall would be a disaster if you ask me. Reminds me of the Dolphins drafting Jake Long in 2007, they sure regret that.

I honestly fear Dorsey/Reid are too high on Alex Smith, the same way that ***** was too high on Cassell.

That hindsight is sure great stuff.

There are differences in the whole Cassel/Pioli....Reid/Smith scenario that give me a somewhat better feeling about it. But why start a huge argument about that again?

I just don't like the idea of going into the draft and getting pigeon holed into any "Have to" scenarios. They could stay @ #1 and draft Dion Jordan for instance.

I don't either think it's the best idea to select a OT #1, but hey, it might work out someday. If Reid coaches is arse off and Dorsey gets him unbelivable talent and the players come together, stranger things have happened and in three years this team is in the SB with Eric Fisher as the starting LT....I hope we don't have fewer less Chief fans watching cause they committed suicide on draft day 2013. :D