ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interim tag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254742)

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8271251)
LMAO Yeah, the best coaches in the league often send Brodie Croyle out to fake a punt from their own 20.

They also have FB's throwing 40 yards downfield to QB's.

DeezNutz 01-07-2012 12:00 PM

Haley was an unbelievably poor HC, and it's amazing that he received any support on this forum.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8271248)
If we can get a decent OC, like Weis, we might have a chance at the playoffs.

Sound familiar?

Key players will be back for '12. We'll squeeze just enough offense from a QB-starved unit to win a punchless division. Many will praise RAC. Apology threads will be demanded and certain posters will be derided.

And then we'll get our asses handed to us in the playoffs. Play a first-place schedule in '13, and the veneer will be completely off the shit. Similar to the '11 season.

And we'll continue to be mired in mediocrity. Until Pioli is fired.

Nailed it.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271249)
In years one and two, Haley was an average game manager. He wasn't bad. Anyone who says he was bad is just nitpicking.

The wheels didn't come off until this year. But I think there were extenuating circumstances.

I think you are serious but not really sure...
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 01-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Sound familiar?

Key players will be back for '12. We'll squeeze just enough offense from a QB-starved unit to win a punchless division. Many will praise RAC. Apology threads will be demanded and certain posters will be derided.

And then we'll get our asses handed to us in the playoffs. Play a first-place schedule in '13, and the veneer will be completely off the shit. Similar to the '11 season.

we'll win enough games to not be in position to draft a QB...just like this year...

but no one cares...as long as there is some vet cast off trash like Orton to fuel dreams of 9-7 most Chiefs fans are happy

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8271260)
I think you are serious but not really sure...
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

stonedstooge 01-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271249)
In years one and two, Haley was an average game manager. He wasn't bad. Anyone who says he was bad is just nitpicking.

The wheels didn't come off until this year. But I think there were extenuating circumstances.

Wish it would come out what those extenuating circumstances were. Head coaches don't throw away their positions on a lark

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Sound familiar?

After how rac talked about the qb position why is everyone so sure we are sucking with cassel?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8271247)
Herm was completely incompetent as a gameday coach in KC. Gaffe after gaffe after gaffe. He should have been fired after the team didn't make a first down in the first half of a playoff game.

As I said years ago, herm had croney coordinators forced on him. We didn't get a first down that game because solari ran r2p2. The gailey decision appeared to be one where herm had more input. People forget that herm allowed gaily to run a very pass oriented offense.

If herm had gailey instead of solari, we would have looked very different vs Indy. But again, I fully understand that herm was never going to take the team deep into the playoffs.

RealSNR 01-07-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8271242)
Impossible. When Moses was alive they didn't have internet. America was not discovered as we know it yet.

I am willing to bet my sig on this one.

If I said "Nixon administration", which is the truth, people would get depressed. Far better to exaggerate in this case.

Bearcat 01-07-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Sound familiar?

Season ticket packages starting at $250!!!

R8RFAN 01-07-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271240)
I believed then what I still believe today. Herm was a great coach to have at just the right time. This team was moving in a very good trajectory because of him. He wasn't a guy who could take the team to a super bowl. But he took a ton of shit he didn't deserve. He got dealt the worst hand in the NFL.

If that's the case, Why didn't somebody pick him up?

Lightrise 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8271054)
Well, not sure how I feel about it. I think it's pretty obvious that he can plan a defense pretty well, and the players obviously love him, but that isn't always a good thing.

I totally agree. But my prediction here is this gives us a chance to get it done in a narrow window...but that's not saying its a confident chance because of the QB situation that I don't see is gonna bet better unless they sign Orton for this narrow window. I also don't see an OC situation that grows into the ultimate next generation HC. The likely outcome here is that Pioli is truly on a very short leash. I think he's gone in 2 years...that will have been 5 and that's how long they gave Levy. McDaniels is never coming here. I'll say it one more time, Pioli should have gone, not Haley.

RealSNR 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271268)
As I said years ago, herm had croney coordinators forced on him. We didn't get a first down that game because solari ran r2p2. The gailey decision appeared to be one where herm had more input. People forget that herm allowed gaily to run a very pass oriented offense.

If herm had gailey instead of solari, we would have looked very different vs Indy. But again, I fully understand that herm was never going to take the team deep into the playoffs.

I forgot about Solari.

Holy shit. I expected that guy to be a brilliant offensive coordinator. Lots of people did. Never before have I seen a coach with such high expectations from the fans fail so miserably to even sniff them.

SAUTO 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

Sorry for the typo. I can see why everyone is sure we sucked with cassel. That was SUPPOSED TO BE "STICKING WITH CASSEL"
Posted via Mobile Device