ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2010-2011 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230992)

Pants 10-21-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 7105656)
A lot of KU fans talked shit on Clemente when he was playing (overrated, cry-baby, streaky shooter that can kill his team on off-nights), and suddenly losing him is the main reason they are going to suck.

just like every team every year, guys leave and other guys step up.

they have a good coach. I'm not saying they will make the F4, but there aren't a lot of teams with their resume when it comes to preseason rankings.

LOL

We'll see, man. Their resume includes 9 losses (3 of those to us). Yeah, they had a nice run in the tourney but that team wasn't even close to being as good as us. Yeah, we lost Sherron and Cole but Marcus took another quantum leap and we're going to be much more athletic and faster.

BWillie 10-21-2010 02:35 PM

Lebryan Nash will pick among a few different hats at 4 PM on ESPNU. He's a top 10 recruit. I think it's between Oklahoma State and Kansas...but he's going to Oklahoma State. We always loose when it comes down to the hats. Nash is Byron Eaton's half brother.

Pants 10-21-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7105714)
Lebryan Nash will pick among a few different hats at 4 PM on ESPNU. He's a top 10 recruit. I think it's between Oklahoma State and Kansas...but he's going to Oklahoma State. We always loose when it comes down to the hats. Nash is Byron Eaton's half brother.

He's been going to OkSt since the beginning.

Pants 10-21-2010 02:59 PM

I don't know why you deleted the post. It was pretty good. And yeah, if you think KSU is the #3 team in the country, more power to you.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 7105642)
I don’t see a problem with having KSU at #3. They are returning a lot, and have some young guys that will improve from last year. Its good to see Big 12 teams at the top of the national rankings. I look forward to some great battles this year.

I flat out don't care. #3 is great and all, but preseason rankings and predictions are meaningless.

However, I don't mind the debate over whether or not if the Cats should be ranked #3 in the nation. It was only 5 years ago I was hoping, praying that a Jim Wooldridge coached team could somehow get on the NCAA bubble. It kind of puts things in to perspective.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2010 09:48 AM

Oh,

KU mens basketball season tickets are still available. That seems a tad....odd.

teedubya 10-22-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7107441)
Oh,

Not really, there are SHITLOADS more tickets available that are no longer being scammed.

Bambi 10-22-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7107441)
Oh,

There were tickets available for Yankee playoff games at Yankee stadium.

People have other things to do nowadays.

Bowser 10-22-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7107569)
Not really, there are SHITLOADS more tickets available that are no longer being scammed.

Heh

ArrowheadHawk 10-22-2010 11:48 AM

I just bought 2 tickets for the KSU @ KU game in January. Should be awesome. Here is the view from my Seats.

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos...cf7613005fe067

WilliamTheIrish 10-22-2010 04:09 PM

They should GIVE you four for what you've endured in the football stadium.

Buehler445 10-22-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7107438)
I flat out don't care. #3 is great and all, but preseason rankings and predictions are meaningless.

However, I don't mind the debate over whether or not if the Cats should be ranked #3 in the nation. It was only 5 years ago I was hoping, praying that a Jim Wooldridge coached team could somehow get on the NCAA bubble. It kind of puts things in to perspective.

That does kind of put things in perspective. Kind of like how watching Turner Gill's team play makes me realize Fatgino wasn't all that bad.

Really though, having a strong, sustainable KSU team (I think Martin can keep things going) is good for business. It will blow ass each and every time KSU is victorious, but it will help keep our guys focused and on top of our game. And any national pub for the midwest is good for everybody. Unless Baylor starts killing kids again. We don't need that kind of publicity.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadHawk 10-22-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7108158)

It's not over yet. We still have 3 home games left. Plenty of more suffering to be had. I sat through the whole thing last Thursday but if it goes like that tomorrow I'm out at halftime. I guess I'm not a true fan.

Mr. Plow 10-23-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7108158)

I agree.

Lzen 10-23-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7108296)
It's not over yet. We still have 3 home games left. Plenty of more suffering to be had. I sat through the whole thing last Thursday but if it goes like that tomorrow I'm out at halftime. I guess I'm not a true fan.

Hopefully, you at least got really drunk. I think I would have to be numb to sit all the way through that shit. I'm sure I won't be able to resist taking a look a the game tonight. But I'm expecting to ready to turn it off by halftime. :(