ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Dragon Age: Origins is going to own me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192131)

Mr. Laz 11-04-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6233545)
That ogre put a beating on me the first time. We're talking Monty Python footstomp. All four guys down without hitting him for jack. Finally decided it was time to equip some of those potions I've been collecting. LMAO

I almost always hoard potions like gold and then never end up even using them. dunno why. :)

Pants 11-04-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6233597)
I almost always hoard potions like gold and then never end up even using them. dunno why. :)

Just in case, right?

Mr. Laz 11-04-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6233605)
Just in case, right?

I guess it's my heartland upbringing ... gotta save for a raining day.

QuikSsurfer 11-04-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6233511)
I defeated the ogre over lunch. But didn't see any hound. I went on to Lovington(sp?) town afterward and got a new member named Sten. I seriously pissed off some priestess woman in the process, which in turn pissed of Alistair. I guess it's wrong to threaten a priestess in her temple?? Ohh well.

I'm having trouble being nice overall. But Morrigan and I get along well. I'm totally hooking up with her.

ROFL

Same. I always have this problem when playing these types of games. Negative karma consumes me.
The dog comes in if you helped his original owner find a special flower to help him (the dog) recover.
I pissed off the same priestess :) -- she was babbling about me donating to the church and I laughed in her face... I miss the option for "time to shut you up" from Mass Effect, where you would then knock the NPC the **** out.

Pants 11-04-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6233721)
ROFL

Same. I always have this problem when playing these types of games. Negative karma consumes me.
The dog comes in if you helped his original owner find a special flower to help him (the dog) recover.
I pissed off the same priestess :) -- she was babbling about me donating to the church and I laughed in her face... I miss the option for "time to shut you up" from Mass Effect, where you would then knock the NPC the **** out.

Oh man, I'm the opposite. I can never enjoy the game as an evil character.

kaplin42 11-04-2009 04:36 PM

A very important question for you guys.

As per the FAQ for the game

Quote:

5.08 Will there be zombie kittens in the game?

You never know. Keep your eyes open.
Is there Zombie Kittens? This could be the deciding factor on how epic this game is.

Mr. Laz 11-04-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6233752)

same here ... in fact being evil comes so unnaturally that i have to force myself to do enough bad things to maintain a neutral type character. Usually i find one uber evil thing to do several times so i can go back to my "good" nature. ROFL

Pants 11-04-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6233766)
same here ... in fact being evil comes so unnaturally that i have to force myself to do enough bad things to maintain a neutral type character. Usually i find one uber evil thing to do several times so i can go back to my "good" nature. ROFL

I know man, I'm thinking to myself "It's just a game, don't be such a f*g" but I just can't help but feel wrong. Whatever.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-04-2009 04:58 PM

LMAO You ****in homos. At least that's what I always say to myself when I play Mr. Niceguy on a game. ROFL

Pants 11-04-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6233840)
LMAO You ****in homos. At least that's what I always say to myself when I play Mr. Niceguy on a game. ROFL

:cuss:

keg in kc 11-04-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6233597)

Probably for the same reason I don't level my characters right away, and just leave them with basic skills while hoarding their attribute and skill points.

reerunation. LMAO

KCChiefsMan 11-04-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 6233564)
If your PC can run them, games are always better on the PC. In this case you get better graphics, better framerate, a better interface, and the ability to play it zoomed out in isometric mode. It's also $10 cheaper.

ya I can run it with optimal settings. But my computer chair and leaning over to play a game can be uncomfortable. I like to lounge and lay back on my recliner when I game. That's probably why I can't get into the MMO's that I've tried playing. I'm not going to spend $100's to get a better PC gaming desk/chair setup either to make it more comfortable to play.

Fish 11-04-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6234005)
Probably for the same reason I don't level my characters right away, and just leave them with basic skills while hoarding their attribute and skill points.

reerunation. LMAO

Well that strategy did give you a hell of an advantage in KOTOR. Use all the points after you became Jedi instead of wasting them on lower class shit.

Mr. Laz 11-04-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6234005)

reerunation. LMAO

fear of commitment
regret anxiety

so afraid that you will pick a skill that turns out to suck you just refuse to pick until you know exactly what's gonna happen.

I do the same thing ROFL

QuikSsurfer 11-04-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6233752)

It can really pay off.
For instance
Spoiler!
BOOM mother ****er!