ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   High School Reunions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159527)

|Zach| 01-13-2011 07:05 PM

I am interested to see how Facebook changes the high school reunion game. I am prob the first set of kids to have consistent facebook saturation starting in college. If there is someone you want to keep up with...its pretty easy to do.

TrebMaxx 01-13-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7352960)
I am interested to see how Facebook changes the high school reunion game. I am prob the first set of kids to have consistent facebook saturation starting in college. If there is someone you want to keep up with...its pretty easy to do.

There wasn't any FB back in 81 when I graduated. But now that you mention it FB has been a great way for me to get back in contact with old classmates. My situation is a bit different because I was an Army brat which means we moved all the time. Usually every 3 years or so. The summer between my Soph. and Jr. year we moved, which totally sucked. I had to leave all my friends I had been with since 7th grade. With FB I have found friends from those days, or they have found me and I have more of them in my friends list that I do from the HS I actually graduated from. My 30 year is coming up this summer and I actually plan to attend two reunions.

As for the OP. I went to my 10 and my wife's 20, same school but she is a year behind me. My 10 there was still some clique action going on, the 20 not so much. I have feeling most everyone should be done with the cliques for the 30. There were 700+ in my class at my graduation.

Spott 01-13-2011 07:33 PM

My LSHS 20 year reunion was a couple of months ago but I didn't go. Most of the people I ran around with back then were a year or two behind me and the few in my grade that I still keep in touch with weren't going so I didn't make the trip back to KC. I don't really have any regrets about not going.

suzzer99 01-13-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

The interesting thing about my 20-yr was that all but one group of friends had splintered off into groups of 2-3 who still stay in close touch (including mine) - and everyone else hadn't talked to each other in 10 years. The only group that still had 8-10 of them hanging out and going on trips every now and then were the over-achieving smart kids. But they had just had a pretty serious rift that looked like it might splinter them.

I wonder too how Facebook will alter this dynamic.

ChiefsCountry 01-13-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Our 5th year was intresting to say the least. Me I kept in contact with lots of people so its weird for me to go to events like that bc I know what the hell is going on with everybody but other people don't.

Valiant 01-13-2011 08:24 PM

Didn't have a 5..
10 all the girls were already fat.. And the few hot ones were lesbians..

Don't really care to go to another one..

Predarat 01-13-2011 08:29 PM

My 15th was a few years ago, and I have never been, I dont regret not going but I won't count out the next one, it won't be a priority but if I can make it I will.

|Zach| 01-13-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7353047)
Our 5th year was intresting to say the least. Me I kept in contact with lots of people so its weird for me to go to events like that bc I know what the hell is going on with everybody but other people don't.

Never did a 5th. Not sure why. Graduated with about 445 people. 10th would be next year.

1ChiefsDan 01-13-2011 09:34 PM

My 25th is coming up this summer. One of the girls organizing saw pictures on FB of the smoker I am building and wanted to know if I would be willing to bring it back to KC. Sounds casual - I may make it to my first reunion.

Grad '86 from Shawnee Mission North - not a clue how many, but there were a bunch.

suzzer99 01-13-2011 10:36 PM

Only in KC would a girl get excited about a smoker.

007 06-23-2017 01:15 AM

Time to revisit this as my 30th is this weekend. LMAO

threebag 06-23-2017 01:50 AM

Everyone I have been to I never go home alone, chicks love catching up.

Steron 06-23-2017 08:01 AM

I've been out 29 years. Holy shit, 29! I've never gotten an invite and never missed any sleep over it. I couldn't care less.

ChiTown 06-23-2017 09:54 AM

I missed my 30th a couple years ago. Heard it was fun. I'll try and make 35, if they do that.

Rooster 06-23-2017 10:06 AM

I've never been to one of mine and never really had the desire to. My 20th was a few years ago and I'm not sure if they even had one actually. I saw some chatter about it on FB but I'm not sure it ever materialized.

The world is so different now I'm not sure HS reunions have a lot of relevance anymore.