ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Derrick Johnson Is Not Derrick Thomas... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115074)

KCWolfman 04-24-2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefell
Superiority? No, Denver doesn't have any room to claim it with no playoff wins in 6 seasons. But the fact that you guys love to talk shit about Denver sans Elway, I find it funny that they've still got the best record among the division in that time period.

He said while failing to note a coaching change for his opponent.

Hardly relevant to the conversation.

stevieray 04-24-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ
Show me where the Broncos claim this. Provide a link, I'd like to see where someone in the Broncos organization makes this claim.

Maybe not the team itself, but don't act like you haven't heard the claim. quit playing semantics. Out of all the teams that have played for decades, it's only the Invescos, with their small lineman, who can "produce a thousand yard back, no matter who is carrying the ball."

right. don't pretend you don't see the blatant holding your team gets away with. most every team holds, just not as obvious as yours, play after play.

Hercules Rockefell 04-24-2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
It's still bullshit. What does it prove? Nothing. The Chiefs were replacing an entire coaching staff and rebuilding a roster two years after Elway left.

and Denver's had one losing season in that time frame, which was the first season after Elway retired. They've completely turned over their roster too. Elam, Pryce, Nalen, Rod Smith, and Carswell are all that's left from the Super Bowl teams.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Superiority? No, Denver doesn't have any room to claim it with no playoff wins in 6 seasons. But the fact that you guys love to talk shit about Denver sans Elway, I find it funny that they've still got the best record among the division in that time period.

What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

The Raiders and Chiefs have accomplished more significant things in that time span:

1. Raiders - went to the Super Bowl and got their ass handed to them
2. Chiefs - lost by 7 points in the playoffs, blew out the Broncos by the largest margin in over 20 years.
3. Broncos - got blown out in the playoffs twice by the same team. Also got blown out by the Baltimore Ravens.
4. Chargers - made the playoffs and made us laugh.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

and Denver's had one losing season in that time frame, which was the first season after Elway retired. They've completely turned over their roster too. Elam, Pryce, Nalen, Rod Smith, and Carswell are all that's left from the Super Bowl teams.

But not your coaching staff. OUR BEST PLAYER DIED!!!

Rain Man 04-24-2005 09:48 PM

With Clarett carrying the ball for Denver, it'll make it a lot easier for the guards to pull on outside running plays. They can just jog.

KCJake 04-24-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
I wish Derrick Johnson would lay my dad the hell out

Where the hell did that come from :shrug:

Hammock Parties 04-24-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
With Clarett carrying the ball for Denver, it'll make it a lot easier for the guards to pull on outside running plays. They can just jog.

We'd best sub in our new punter at safety so he can chase down Clarett.

KCWolfman 04-24-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

But not your coaching staff. OUR BEST PLAYER DIED!!!

In all honesty, DT's best days were behind him. I don't see that as relevant.

ChiefsCountry 04-24-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake
Where the hell did that come from :shrug:

Join the club, we atleast thought it would be Scanlon.

CosmicPal 04-24-2005 09:50 PM

This coming from a guy who worships a team that drafted a fuggen RB in the third round who's own grandmother can beat him in foot race. :rolleyes:

Lame.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
In all honesty, DT's best days were behind him. I don't see that as relevant.

He was still the best player on the team, with no apparent defensive leader taking his place.

Imagine if Priest croaked overnight and LJ decided to join the French Foreign Legion.

Hercules Rockefell 04-24-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

The Raiders and Chiefs have accomplished more significant things in that time span:

Fade yes, they went to the Super Bowl and another year went to the AFC Championship game. Chiefs? No. You lost a home playoff game in your only playoff appearance in that time frame. A playoff loss is still a loss, not matter what the amount. If we want to start breaking it down, Denver was in Indy and that team is built for the RCA Dome. The Chiefs at least got them on grass. But both still haven't won a playoff game.

It's been fun tonight guys. Later.

ChiefsCountry 04-24-2005 09:52 PM

Quote:

He was still the best player on the team, with no apparent defensive leader taking his place.

Imagine if Priest croaked overnight and LJ decided to join the French Foreign Legion.

I think you mean Trent Green. He is the leader of this team.

KCWolfman 04-24-2005 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ
Clarrett is an enigma right now. He could be great, he could be a bum. We'll just have to wait and see.

Wow, denying the pundits with this claim and defending the same pundits with the "Can't tackle" claim.

Hardly without bias, eh?