ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request My Father (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283310)

BlackHelicopters 05-20-2014 10:27 AM

Continuing prayers

Amnorix 05-20-2014 12:35 PM

I'm sorry that I somehow overlooked this thread for so long. I'm even more sorry to hear about what is going on. My best wishes and thoughts to you and your family.

I suspect we are alot alike -- I have a small circle of close friends, but mainly it's my immediate family that I'm close to. While I wasn't as close to my parents as you obviously are, dealing with their health issues years ago was very difficult and certainly brought starkly home that you should appreciate everything that you have now, because it can certainly change quickly on very short notice.

Again, my very best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery for your old man.

Should I start some kind of history thread to take your mind off the worrying? :D

frankotank 05-20-2014 12:51 PM

man. just saw this. sinners prayer is up. all I got man! o:-)
rooting for him.

Donger 05-20-2014 01:02 PM

Thanks everyone. It means a lot to me.

No, they haven't found cancer anywhere else in his body, although I suspect that he isn't telling us everything. He's a bit obstinate and most definitely suffers from the British "keep a stiff upper lip" syndrome.

Katipan 05-20-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10640920)

No, they haven't found cancer anywhere else in his body, although I suspect that he isn't telling us everything. He's a bit obstinate and most definitely suffers from the British "keep a stiff upper lip" syndrome.

He sounds like a beautiful person to take after. ;)

htismaqe 05-20-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10640920)

Well, keep your hopes up. We're all praying for you.

Donger 05-20-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10640924)
He sounds like a beautiful person to take after. ;)

Indeed, he is.

Donger 05-20-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10640938)
Well, keep your hopes up. We're all praying for you.

Thanks, I am. And it's giving me some comfort.

Donger 05-20-2014 01:15 PM

And, I just made the mistake of venturing into GoChief's mission to poop thread...

Sigh.

htismaqe 05-20-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10640960)
And, I just made the mistake of venturing into GoChief's mission to poop thread...

Sigh.

It's glorious, yes?

alpha_omega 05-20-2014 01:25 PM

Prayers to you and your family. We're with you.

Rausch 07-11-2014 11:07 PM

I guess this as good a place as any to become the official "My dad has brain cancer thread."

Mine went in for his first surgery on Christmas of 13. He's since done radiation and chemo.

We had to go in two days ago for his second surgery.

There was a mass in his brain (in the same place as last time) they're still evaluating and waiting for biopsy. At first glance it appears to be necrotic and dead cancer/tumor tissue that swelled up.

That's good and bad. It means the treatments are working and killing his cancer but it also means it's happening rapidly enough he had rotting tissue in his brain.

Not good.

He's still in recovery and it's day by day but when this is over I will pimp the %$it out of his surgeon. He's the Payed-a-ton manning of brain surgery - I don't like him, the more he talks the less I like him, but he's just outstanding at what he does.

ClevelandBronco 07-11-2014 11:20 PM

Prayers for both of your fathers. I'm glad your dad found a talented asshole to help him through this, Rausch.

Rausch 07-11-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10742780)
Prayers, Rausch. I'm glad your dad found a talented asshole to help him through this.

He's Jewish and he doesn't know we're ze deutsch.

I'm feeling pretty good about it for now...

Then again he's ****ing literally a brain surgeon and we're a family of idiots with brain cancer so he's probably picked up on this...

TimBone 07-11-2014 11:29 PM

Rausch, my thoughts are with you guys. Here's hoping all news from here on out is good news.