ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fisher to LT? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282553)

htismaqe 03-25-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10515242)
No the real problem is we didn't draft a QB @ 1.1. didn't matter that they sucked.

Of course, that's not at all true. Anybody that can read would know that.

O.city 03-25-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 10515217)
it is hilarious

boils down to those bitching that he was a bad pick, beit RT or LT, but who should we have taken? In my humble opinion, DT Richardson, RT/LT Fluker, and S Viccaro performed the best on the field over their rookie years, and there's no way we were taking Viccaro. that leaves Richardson and fluker, the #13 and #11 picks, respectively, that in our short evaluation period appear to be the best selections 1.1 so far. frankly, if they took a DT, the fan base may have stormed the stadium and burned it down. and at the time last year, nobody had fluker projected anywhere except RT, so then they truly would have taken RT #1.

they chose the best upside in a downside talent pool. now they will play him where he was drafted to play.

So you're suggesting we made our pick not because of the player but because of the fan involvement?

Sound plan

htismaqe 03-25-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10515246)
My logic is coming from years of observations of what several teams have done.

What other teams have drafted a tackle in the top 3-5 and started him at RT, moved him to LT, and been successful?

Do you want me to give you a head start on that research?

O.city 03-25-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

So is his.

And the chiefs keep doing things the teams that don't win do.

TEX 03-25-2014 10:07 AM

I bet Fish is a much better LT than RT. Anyone bitching doesnt realize what he did last season was equalivent to a left handed person learning how to write right handed. Ill believe Bruce Mathews when he said that Fish has all the tools to be a great LT. He also said that it takes someone with exceptional talent to switch Tackle positions in the NFL as a rookie. Sure he'll have growing pains like any young player but his will be magnified because he was pick 1.1. Still, when its all said and done, I bet he grades out very well and earns several All Pro honors.

duncan_idaho 03-25-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10515239)
The Fisher hate is due to the fact that we had our pick of literally any amateur football player, and he was it.

And he gargled hot opossum shit for most of his rookie year. He was oft injured and largely ineffective. Now he's being handed a job for the sake of keeping up appearances instead of having to compete for it. Because we all know competition is bad, right?

This.

What's so wrong with saying something like the following:

"Going into training camp, we need to address our LT position. We have two great young players that we're very confident in, Eric Fisher and Donald Stephenson. We're going to let them compete at that spot and give the job to the player we feel is best prepared to protect our QB's blind side."

jd1020 03-25-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

How many teams take bad RTs and make them LTs?

RunKC 03-25-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10515256)
So is his.

And the chiefs keep doing things the teams that don't win do.

Reaching on a QB that isn't worthy is not what winning teams do.

O.city 03-25-2014 10:09 AM

I'm really digging the "he was out out position, it's the coaches fault he sucked". Against nfl level competition, for the most part, he was physically beaten.

Chiefs fans. It's never ever on the player. "Coordinators sucks, coaching sucks,"

OnTheWarpath15 03-25-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10515259)
This.

What's so wrong with saying something like the following:

"Going into training camp, we need to address our LT position. We have two great young players that we're very confident in, Eric Fisher and Donald Stephenson. We're going to let them compete at that spot and give the job to the player we feel is best prepared to protect our QB's blind side."

That would be the intelligent, non-Chiefs way of doing it.

beach tribe 03-25-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10515230)
Because I think it's a bad move, based on watching him play.

It's called "logic".

(And no, before you go there, I'm not suggesting my logic is CORRECT)

You did not see him play one game at LT.

He was a rookie from a small school.

How can you seriously say your opinion is based in logic given these circumstances?

htismaqe 03-25-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10515263)

Who is talking about QBs, other than you?

O.city 03-25-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10515263)

Neither is drafting shitty players.

duncan_idaho 03-25-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10515260)
How many teams take bad RTs and make them LTs?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rt_Gallery.JPG

htismaqe 03-25-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10515266)
You did not see him play one game at LT.

He was a rookie from a small school.

How can you seriously say your opinion is based in logic given these circumstances?

Did he play last year? I must have missed where he didn't play so we have nothing to base our opinions on.