ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Fox Sports Poll: Who Should the Chiefs Draft at No. 1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267890)

Cannibal 12-21-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9231121)
I still can't get over somebody saying a team needs a QB but nobody is worth it only to say that a team FIVE spots lower that has a QB should be the team to take one.

Good point.

rtmike 12-21-2012 11:47 PM

Geno's not a #1 but he's worth 5 spots later.

You gotta be kidding me. Where's the ****in' logic with that?

ROYC75 12-21-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9231121)
I still can't get over somebody saying a team needs a QB but nobody is worth it only to say that a team FIVE spots lower that has a QB should be the team to take one.

Oh hush you before the damn idiots wake up and post more crap about needing a LT,DT or some other crap instead of a franchise QB.

RealSNR 12-21-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9231153)
Geno's not a #1 but he's worth 5 spots later.

You gotta be kidding me. Where's the ****in' logic with that?

The same as it is every goddamn year.

Ryan Tannehill
Andy Dalton
(Okay, all the QBs were garbage in 2010)
Mark Sanchez/Josh Freeman

All of these QBs were just "not at the right value where the Chiefs were picking. If only KC had been a few spots lower, then maybe"

GoChargers 12-22-2012 12:02 AM

You should be thankful you avoided Assfumble Sanchez at least, though.

RealSNR 12-22-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9231171)

Sanchez could fail out of the league after this season, and I would still maintain that without the benefit of hindsight, he was the right decision for the Chiefs at 3. The Cassel trade should never have been made, and Pioli shouldn't have tried to outsmart everyone.

If Pioli really hated Sanchez that ****ing much, he should have eaten the poor trade down offer (whatever it was he received from teams) and then taken a guy he wanted. Tyson Jackson would still have been there; the only team that really wanted him besides us was Green Bay drafting at 10 overall.

Reaper16 12-22-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231198)
Sanchez could fail out of the league after this season, and I would still maintain that without the benefit of hindsight, he was the right decision for the Chiefs at 3. The Cassel trade should never have been made, and Pioli shouldn't have tried to outsmart everyone.

If Pioli really hated Sanchez that ****ing much, he should have eaten the poor trade down offer (whatever it was he received from teams) and then taken a guy he wanted. Tyson Jackson would still have been there; the only team that really wanted him besides us was Green Bay drafting at 10 overall.

Yes. All of this.

bigjosh 12-22-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9231171)

cassel is just as bad, at least the jets tried to develop their own, and they'll probably do it again in the draft this year. That is a trait i would like our next gm to have. ADMIT MISTAKES AND FKING FIX THEM!!!

saphojunkie 12-22-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9230722)
WE WILL CONQUER ALL WITH OUR SUPERIOR ILB WHO ISN"T THAT FAST AND WILL IN ALL LIKELIHOOD STRUGGLE COVERING TE'S OR WR'S DOWN THE SEAM!!!! GARHHGHHGHHH TE'O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Geno Smith as much as anyone, but Te'o is not going to struggle doing anything at the next level. The reason to not draft Te'o isn't because he won't be the next truly great MLB - he will be. The reason is that we don't need the next great anything except QB.

007 12-22-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9229459)
I still think Manti Teo will be the pick, and will be the right pick, then go OT in the 2nd rd, WR in the Rd, then look for a QB in the 4th or 5th rd, bring in a Alex Smith or Flynn and we'll be good to go

Damn, you are stupid.

007 12-22-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9229699)
Who the **** cares if Luke Joeckel is a technician or a mauler? He could literally be a time-warped resurgence of Willie Roaf, and I wouldn't draft him over Geno Smith.

Let's say it's below freezing outside and you have the chance to buy a coat. You don't spend your last dollar on a briefcase instead, no matter how good of a deal it is. You buy the ****ing coat.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

saphojunkie 12-22-2012 01:35 AM

What's truly bullshit is that the chiefs SHOULD be picking Te'o this year, even number one. But that's because they SHOULD have:

Drafted Russel Wilson.
Drafted another QB for competition.
Resigned Bowe.
Resigned Albert.
Resigned Carr.
Traded up for Mark Barron

Then...yeah. Go get your kick ass ILB.

New World Order 12-22-2012 02:19 AM

Not really sure what the fuss is about, everyone knows we need atleast 3 franchise Left Tackles to be a contender.

AussieChiefsFan 12-22-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9231288)
Not really sure what the fuss is about, everyone knows we need atleast 3 franchise Left Tackles to be a contender.

and 7 D-Linemen that don't do anything.

BryanBusby 12-22-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9231243)
I want Geno Smith as much as anyone, but Te'o is not going to struggle doing anything at the next level. The reason to not draft Te'o isn't because he won't be the next truly great MLB - he will be. The reason is that we don't need the next great anything except QB.

Te'o isn't elite and he'd struggle to play Belchers role (ignoring the terrible value thing).

I'm not saying he's bad, but he doesn't fill a need for us.