ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Looking ahead to Sunday Night (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288663)

Dayze 11-26-2014 11:30 AM

yes, i agree. but that's usually not what happens. they're taken out of the play anyway.

by the time the pick is set, the defender is done unless Manning is somehow getting pressure and messes up the throw.

my point is (and I've done a bad job at explaining it), Denver is giong to run the pick plays regardless. they're going to get DPI and illegal contact penalties called against us anyway. ;so, I would selectively blow up WRs/pick man in certain. situations during the game.

Dayze 11-26-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11146373)
If you are talking about getting physical regardless of flags the thing to do is hit manning. Dude does not play well when he hears footsteps.

this too.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-26-2014 11:35 AM

It's gonna be us by four with 1:09 left to play and the Broncos start at their own 10 yard line. They proceed to drive 90 yards for the winning score...80 of the yards are holding/illegal contact/pass interference yards. /Manning era in Denver

IamBATMAN 11-26-2014 11:50 AM

I have been reading articles this morning, and the threads on the forum about the game this Sunday. One thing I am positive of right now is that the chiefs kingdom is going to see an extrodinary game full of emotion. We will see the heart of this team and the city poured into this game until the last second ticks off the clock. As lame as it sounds, and what Denver may not want to admit, this is the best team they have faced since Peyton became a Bronco. This team has a lot to play for right now, and will be handful for the Broncos. Emotion will be high - the love this city has for their team and Eric Berry will be on display for the world to see. I have a hard to trying to talk myself out of a win here. Maybe last weekend I would of believed a loss, but today, today my gut my heart and every inch of my being says this is a win now. I lurk in the shadows and read the debates, and trully can see each persons point of view. Im very cautious about buying into this team 100% due to the pain they have dished out over the past two decades. But today....I AM IN 100%. Confident that this team is going to give each other, the coaches, and the city something to be proud of and bring home a victory against a good Broncos team.

PRINT 'EM.

Pablo 11-26-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 11146409)
It's gonna be us by four with 1:09 left to play and the Broncos start at their own 10 yard line. They proceed to drive 90 yards for the winning score...80 of the yards are holding/illegal contact/pass interference yards. /Manning era in Denver

Well, let's hope it isn't Denver up four and us with the ball in that scenario. Because we know that wouldn't end in a win either.

Pablo 11-26-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

If you are talking about getting physical regardless of flags the thing to do is hit manning. Dude does not play well when he hears footsteps.

Yep. He gets the ball out insanely fast, but we have the speed up front to get to him a couple of times. Manning has never been one to stand tall and deliver the ball in the face of pressure.

He's a crumpling Cassel-level pussy in that regard. Get in his face early and just fluster him. That's our only real shot.

Simply Red 11-26-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamBATMAN (Post 11146456)
I have been reading articles this morning, and the threads on the forum about the game this Sunday. One thing I am positive of right now is that the chiefs kingdom is going to see an extrodinary game full of emotion. We will see the heart of this team and the city poured into this game until the last second ticks off the clock. As lame as it sounds, and what Denver may not want to admit, this is the best team they have faced since Peyton became a Bronco. This team has a lot to play for right now, and will be handful for the Broncos. Emotion will be high - the love this city has for their team and Eric Berry will be on display for the world to see. I have a hard to trying to talk myself out of a win here. Maybe last weekend I would of believed a loss, but today, today my gut my heart and every inch of my being says this is a win now. I lurk in the shadows and read the debates, and trully can see each persons point of view. Im very cautious about buying into this team 100% due to the pain they have dished out over the past two decades. But today....I AM IN 100%. Confident that this team is going to give each other, the coaches, and the city something to be proud of and bring home a victory against a good Broncos team.

PRINT 'EM.

http://i.imgur.com/Z5SXSMy.gif

TEX 11-26-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

That's why I'd hit the guy whenever possible. If it's close, BRING IT! Because ANYTHING close is gonna get called regardless. So, hit the Prima Donna Mother ****ER - It's well worth the penalty.

BigMeatballDave 11-26-2014 12:39 PM

I cannot even imagine the joy it would bring to beat them NE style.

Bearcat 11-26-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 11141881)
How the NFL schedules hell for the Broncos:

*at Seattle
*at SF
(If NFL had known AZ is best Broncos would have played in AZ)
*at NE (again and again and again, KC got them at home)
*at KC late in the season (again)
*super early bye

Just a few examples...

Seattle was predetermined and they did not play at SF... FFS, that was the game Manning broke the TD record.

SCHEDULING NIGHTMARE!

Pablo 11-26-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11146587)
I cannot even imagine the joy it would bring to beat them NE style.

The streets of Kansas City would run white with jizz.

TEX 11-26-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11146590)
Seattle was predetermined and they did not play at SF... FFS, that was the game Manning broke the TD record.

SCHEDULING NIGHTMARE!

EVERYONE KNOWS the home field advantage that Denver has (because of the altitude and because they're very good). Being able to start the year playing 5 of their first 7 at home is a HUGE advantage to a good start. Last year they enjoyed nearly the same kind of treatment (Think it was 4 of 6) . Getting off to a quick start is proven to be advantageous for season-long success. It really wasn't till they had to take things on the road did you see the cracks in the armor. I even told the resident MULE TOOL how that would work out.

MagicHef 11-26-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11146623)
EVERYONE KNOWS the home field advantage that Denver has (because of the altitude and because they're very good). Being able to start the year playing 5 of their first 7 at home is a HUGE advantage to a good start. Last year they enjoyed nearly the same kind of treatment (Think it was 4 of 6) . Getting off to a quick start is proven to be advantageous for season-long success. It really wasn't till they had to take things on the road did you see the cracks in the armor. I even told the resident MULE TOOL how that would work out.

As evidenced by the 2006, 2008 and 2009 Broncos. Those teams started off 7-2, 8-5, and 6-0, and all missed the playoffs. In fact, giving Denver an "easy" early schedule seems more like a cruel joke than an advantage. I put easy in quotes because 7 of the first 8 games were still against serious playoff contenders.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2014 04:06 PM

Adam Tiecher said today on Denver radio that theres not much of a chance for the Chiefs to win...

BigMeatballDave 11-26-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11147040)
As evidenced by the 2006, 2008 and 2009 Broncos. Those teams started off 7-2, 8-5, and 6-0, and all missed the playoffs. In fact, giving Denver an "easy" early schedule seems more like a cruel joke than an advantage. I put easy in quotes because 7 of the first 8 games were still against serious playoff contenders.

You didn't have Manning, reerun. That's why you didn't make the playoffs.