ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fascinating potential and unrealistic pressure awaiting Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313158)

temper11 01-11-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDeaL (Post 13353959)
Didn't the first ball that Reek "dropped" that all of the Alex ballwashers are complaining about doink off of his back shoulder? That means it was a poor throw.

ROFL

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13354199)
Mahomes looked just as ready during the preseason as he did in his first regular season start vs. Denver.

Well that proves what I was alluding to, their circumstances weren't the same. One team hired a whole new coaching staff and had to implement a new playbook and the other didn't. :shake:

temper11 01-11-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354160)
Who gives a shit. Take your stupid butt****ing hypotheticals and shove them up your game-manager loving ass.

ohhh... you're so impressive when you say mean things!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354160)
And even IF Mahomes doesn't deliver ANY playoff wins in five years (you know, like Alex did for SIX), he'll only be 27 and will have plenty of time to get it right. A FAR preferable situation than trading for yet another 30-year old with a limp arm.

What is your point. I'm simply arguing on the side of lowering expectations, and with it the pressure, put on the kid - FOR HIS SAKE. So he can be what you all want him to be. If he over performs your lowered expectations, GREAT.

temper11 01-11-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354167)
Who gives a shit about stats.

Well CP did, until Smith put up impressive stats. I'm not sure if you all care about them now or not. Still trying to get a sense for that.

temper11 01-11-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13354186)
What high expectations? The Chiefs just took another massive shit on their fans. I can see how this could be true if the Chiefs somehow made it to the AFC Championship game, but as of right now everybody is pissed.

The QB change HAS to happen.

I agree with you that the QB change has to happen. If you don't think fans have unrealistic expectations on Mahomes, you should re-read some of the threads around here.

And again, he may meet them or even surpass them... I have no idea. I didn't watch a snap of his until the Denver game. But you lose nothing by tapping down your expectations a bit and relieving some of the pressure that comes with a fan base who have put the last hundred years of waiting for THEIR QBOTF to come along.

ARROW2 01-11-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354128)
The expectations couldn't BE any lower.

If he delivers a lofty TWO playoff wins in five years it will be the most ****ing glorious time this franchise has known since Joe Montana.

Thems the facts folks. Let that shit sink in.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 13354219)
What is your point.

That Chiefs football have one.

It hasn't for 25 years.

temper11 01-11-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13354230)
Thems the facts folks. Let that shit sink in.

How long had it been since anyone before Smith delivered 1 lofty playoff win? That didn't seem to appease the mob for more than 5 minutes.

ptlyon 01-11-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 13354235)
How long had it been since anyone before Smith delivered 1 lofty playoff win? That didn't seem to appease the mob for more than 5 minutes.

And it shouldn't

temper11 01-11-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13354238)
And it shouldn't

OK. Then the folks arguing that all Mahomes needs to do is win 2 and everyone is rainbows and sunshine are....?

MMXcalibur 01-11-2018 02:12 PM

My body is ready for Mahomes.
I (and a lot of us) need this.

A franchise quarterback is something we've never had and I'm THIIIISSSSSSSSSSS close to spending money on the Chiefs by getting a Mahomes jersey despite the abortion that happened last Saturday.

temper11 01-11-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354234)
That Chiefs football have one.

It hasn't for 25 years.

You're right... expectations for Mahomes can't be any lower. ROFL

Listen... if you all come into this with the attitude of "hey we have not drafted a QB for a 1000 years, so we are going to give this dude plenty of space and time" great. If you come at it with "OMG, he's a God and is going to rape faces in ways that no QB has ever raped faces in the history of the NFL", which is what is being said around here, you are doing him a disservice.

Jesus... I can't do this twice. This is how I came to be such a defender of Smith. Good luck Mahomes, but someone else is going to have to have your back on this one.

ARROW2 01-11-2018 02:13 PM

Opposing QBs in 2 chiefs home playoff wins

Todd Marinovich
Brian Hoyer

Most times, KC had the inferior QB, look it up and only Bono and Harbaugh or close. Bono was garbage and was garbage in the worst one of all, the the kicker that shall go unnamedt game.

I think I will be sporting a Mahomes jersey next year and beyond.

jaa1025 01-11-2018 02:20 PM

Admittedly, I probably have unrealistic expectations next year for Mahomes. But to lower those down a bit I see no reason why he can't have better stats in his first year than 4 out of 5 years of Alex Smith in a Chiefs uniform. I expect him to throw more INT's, but not something ridiculous like some are predicting.

My unrealistic expectation next year: 4400 yards, 30 TD, 10 INT, 62% completion
More realistic yet optimistic: 3900 yards, 25 TD, 13 INT, 60% completion

https://i.imgur.com/PiNqjkv.jpg

I think the playoffs are possible, even with that schedule...and depending on what happens with the defense and the rest of the division.

ptlyon 01-11-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 13354242)
OK. Then the folks arguing that all Mahomes needs to do is win 2 and everyone is rainbows and sunshine are....?

It's not the destination, the point is it's an improvement from over 20 years.