ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

BourbonMan 12-01-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9169746)
Guess so. It just seems somewhat wrong to have people tailgating where somebody killed themself 24 hours prior.

This did not happen in the general parking lot for the games....This happen at the practice facility parking lot designated for player and staff only.

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9169835)
That's it Dane. Get angry. I'm still not feeling enough rage from you.

That's because that 14" dildo needs to go further up your ass.

Keep pushin'.

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9169834)
I think he was referring to when you said "if your business", which most likely would not be a billion dollar business. My mother would probably close her business for a day but she doesn't run a billion dollar industry. Its a different beast, I don't think you can compare the two.

So, a Mom and Pop shop that doesn't have multi-billion dollar contractual obligations probably wouldn't be open the day following an employee's suicide?

This IS news.

HMc 12-01-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169836)
Settle down?

I'm just pointing out all of the contractual obligations and the challenges the Fox Network would face by moving this game.

And let's face it: It's not the New York Giants versus the New England Patriots.

Commerce.

Such hurdles have been jumped before. We know that they aren't going to do it for this game and we know you are a hugely successful business man that knows everything. You're a big deal and we all respect that.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169844)
So, a Mom and Pop shop that doesn't have multi-billion dollar contractual obligations probably wouldn't be open the day following an employee's suicide?

This IS news.

Hey you are the one that brought up the question.

"Dude, if an employee at your place of business killed his girlfriend, then offed himself, would the owner shut it down the next day?"

Not trying to blow your mind, just answering your question.

tk13 12-01-2012 10:49 PM

The correct answer is, yes it would throw a wrench in the advertising, but it's not the end of the world. You're talking mostly the between quarter breaks and halftime. Furthermore, this kind of thing is not uncommon. There's been more than one occasion in recent years where CBS has had to move US Open tennis coverage into Monday, totally screwing local affiliates schedules, for instance. You just have to deal with it. There are countless examples of things like this, mostly with sporting events due to the unpredictable nature of them.

In this particular situation, FOX local coverage would only been in the KC and Charlotte markets most likely on Monday night, while the rest of the country is unaffected and gets regular FOX programming. Is that an ideal situation? No it is not. But neither is your starting middle linebacker driving up to the team practice facility and blowing his freaking head off.

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9169851)
Such hurdles have been jumped before. We know that they aren't going to do it for this game and we know you are a hugely successful business man that knows everything. You're a big deal and we all respect that.

So you're going to pull this shit?

First off, you're WRONG. Name the last time NFL games were postponed.

Secondly, go **** yourself.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169824)
Really?

So, how many times have huge, multi-billion business been shut down this year because an employee committed suicide?

I'll be really anxious to hear the numbers.

Yes really. We have closed business when certain employees have died from natural causes. Of course I work for a company that deals with mental health so I realize that is somewhat special.

I think you have to differentiate between someone committing suicide at home and at work in front of people.

There have been cases some linked in this thread or the other where workplace violence happened and business closed for week(s) because of it.

MoreLemonPledge 12-01-2012 10:51 PM

In the thread where Quinn talks about the incident, it clearly states that a postponement was discussed, but neither the Chiefs (via their team captains) nor the players union wanted to go through with it. I'd gather that means the NFL would go through with it if they had agreed to do so.

So **** off, Dane. Quit being such a raging slapdick.

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9169868)
Yes really. We have closed business when certain employees have died from natural causes. Of course I work for a company that deals with mental health so I realize that is somewhat special.

I think you have to differentiate between someone committing suicide at home and at work in front of people.

There have been cases some linked in this thread or the other where workplace violence happened and business closed for week(s) because of it.

MULTI-BILLION

What the **** is wrong with people?

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169874)
MULTI-BILLION

What the **** is wrong with people?

You are the one that asked what people would do with their business. How can you get mad that they are answering that question.

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9169869)
In the thread where Quinn talks about the incident, it clearly states that a postponement was discussed, but neither the Chiefs (via their team captains) nor the players union wanted to go through with it. I'd gather that means the NFL would go through with it if they had agreed to do so.

So **** off, Dane. Quit being such a raging slapdick.

Yeah, I should really feel sorry for Jovan Belcher.

:rolleyes:

If I were his teammate, I'd be ****ing pissed that he killed himself and his girlfriend. I certainly wouldn't feel any pain.

**** him.

Oh, and **** you.

Marcellus 12-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169865)
So you're going to pull this shit?

First off, you're WRONG. Name the last time NFL games were postponed.

Secondly, go **** yourself.

9/11 games were postponed 1 week.

Here is the deal, its KC and Carolina, 2 bad teams that playing each other have little impact on the big picture when you look at who wins.

If they don't play it causes bigger issues long term.

Its easier to play the game to little consequence to who wins than not play it and cause bigger issues.

HMc 12-01-2012 10:53 PM

Monday December 13, 2010. NY Giants v Minnesota Vikings. Ford Field, Detroit.

Originally scheduled for 12 December in Minnesota.

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9169875)
You are the one that asked what people would do with their business. How can you get mad that they are answering that question.

You're a ****ing reerun.

Good job.